• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern upper eastside

Melanin-Gxdess

Give up on your dreams and die.

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
The Upper East Side. Manhattan, New York. Home of old money and classic New York sophistication. Unlike the loud, bustling streets of New York City, the Upper East Side is cool, calm, and collected; unhurried. You can take in the sights and everywhere you turn, walking down the streets you can observe the history, art, and the refined nature of the city. Unfortunately, the people that live in this peaceful city are anything but peaceful. Their lives are so busy whether they be businessmen, artists, models, fashion designers; they never seem to slow down. The only time it seems these rushed people are able to take a second is during the annual East Side Charity Ball. The ESCB is an event that has been thrown every year for the past 99 years by a mysterious person no one has met and this year marks 100. The IT people always show up, trying to out dress each other and outbid each other on different arts, jewelry, and even dates for the night. It'll be the most talked about event of the year. But this time, they won't be talking about it because of 'Who Wore It Best'. No, they'll be talking about this because this is where everyone's life changes. Everyone's deepest, darkest secrets will come to light and they will all be forced to live with those secrets out in the open. [div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] Oy! Don't join then abandon me! I'll do a pulse check every Wednesday!

[div class=num]2.[/div] This is a Semi-Adv RP, which means no one liners. They make me cringe. At least a paragraph, pls.

[div class=num]3.[/div] If you have any questions, let me know!

[div class=num]4.[/div] Before you can reserve another character, you must first complete the one and it be accepted.

[div class=num]5.[/div] First come first served basis, meaning whoever completes their CS first and gets it accepted has that role. [div class=num]6.[/div] Before you are allowed a reserved, a written sample is required through PM's [div class=num]7.[/div] Once you are accepted, the Discord link will be given to you

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - MAIN - OOC
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]u[/div]pper eastside
[div class=bottomwords]"Whenever you feel like critisizing someone,
Just remember that all the people in this world
Haven't had the advantages you've had."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: lavendre lavendre [/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(http://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/3a/19/783a198a811f72ede159e2b6d8f44ce9.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wingsoffirefanon/images/4/42/1§.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180806190151); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #000000; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #000000; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

(code by lavendre lavendre )​

cjulgymt3g2mupc67wb5.gif

UPPER EASTSIDE, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

It's December 12th, 13 days from Christmas, 20 days from the New Year and 6 months away from the famous Charity Ball. Everyone and their grandmother are out and about buying Christmas presents for their loved ones or for themselves. Others are gearing up for a hopefully white Christmas and all of the parties that are bound to happen during this time. Whatever it is they're doing, it does not compare to what the 'mysterious' benefactor was up to.

Ailyn Sheppard
79952d0d2b9e09b00996a45875624d77.jpg
To say Ailyn Sheppard had a lot of things to do would possibly be an understatement. The winter fashion show was right around the corner and she needed to make sure her line was prepared. She planned to launch a winter edition of vibe for men and women and she was definitely falling behind. Because she was so anal about time management, she had a whole planned laid out for herself. Start the planning process in November of last year, travel to Greenland and Russia for cold climate inspiration in December, sketch her ideas out from January to when she has nothing left. This usually meant she would be done sketching by March. Get all of the materials she would need, even if it was excessive as her assistant had mentioned. It'd take about two months, they said, for all the specific colors she wanted and the particular materials she wanted. During her waiting time, that meant getting the makeup looks decided on and the small stuff such as accessories. Once her materials hit that meant she would be able to work non-stop on her looks for the runway. The only time she would stop was for the Charity Ball, where she would only worry about her look, for once, and not someone else's. The only exception would be if they put in this request before she did her material ordering, otherwise, they'd be shit out of luck. The only thing she forgot about come December was how she also needed to focus on the Charity Ball, considering she was on the council that helped prepare things for it. Since this year was so important, so many things needed to be done. Thus, creating the issue that she is now faced with; she wasn't ready.

People kept trying to reassure her that everything was perfect for the fashion show but she was not convinced it was. It wasn't until someone suggested they do a soft fashion show that her nerves were calmed for a bit. Everything was in place, it seemed, but she would still find something wrong with it. Most people said it was because she was having issues at home, wanting to avoid planning her own wedding. Something of which she hadn't even given a second thought to lately. There was no date planned, at least that she knew of, and every time it was brought to her attention, she would just wave it off and make plans to do it another time. But, now that she was putting off work to do lunch with her friends, she knew that she would have to at least do some of it today... Or at the very least tomorrow since she was hosting a small party that night. These were all the things she was thinking about behind the wheel of her all-black Model S Tesla and her way to Harvest and Vine To be quite honest, she needed a break from pricking her fingers and catwalk music she wouldn't dare listen to at home. She made a small mental note to request that they play actual music, and not your basic catwalk, techno music.

When she arrived, she handed her keys off and took out her phone before entering the restaurant. She sent a quick text to Odi, asking about his whereabouts before she felt someone tap her shoulder. Her body tensed up as she slowly turned around and realized it was Jordan. Her stoic face turned into a frown as she punched his shoulder. "Alright, asshole, get your face knocked off. You know I don't like being touched or tapped." She told him, throwing her hair over her shoulder and crossing her arms.

Jordan B. Michael
db6d577bb09db1c10132ae5336473de6.jpg

Jordan Michael had a script to finish and such a short amount of time. The director was just not feeling a lot of what he wrote and continuously wanted to make changes. He told him quite professionally and honestly, "This is bullshit; I'm not changing the script." His agent was telling him that this would be the opportunity of a lifetime for his movie to get picked up. "No, they loved the script when they hired me and came to me about the thing, then they're going to continue to love it." He sternly said. Lately, he had been learning to put his foot down when it came to his work, especially something he felt as passionately as he did about this one. Really, it was all a true story of his life at Dubois, his love life, and everything that went in between. But, people didn't know that since he changed a lot about it. Still, when someone asks him to change his whole history then, of course, he's going to get mad about it. In the past, if it were just minor works, he didn't care about the changes. "Look, tell him that if wants to continue making changes then he can buy me out and have his way. But, let's be honest here, you can't buy me out if I copywrote the whole damn thing." He gave his agent a pat on the shoulder, opening his mouth to say something else. When his phone went off, notifying him of the lunch he had agreed to attend, he sighed and grunted. It wasn't that he didn't want to go to lunch with these people, it's just that some he didn't consider a friend and more of an acquaintance. Why would he take time out of his day to eat with people he barely knew? He knew that the Ice Queen and her fiance would be attending and he knew the both of them fairly well, therefore he would go.

When he got into his blue Mazda 6 Signature, he kind of sat for a minute. It was nice to be in silence and not around a bustling set where people wanted to change shit. That was the one thing about Jordan, he didn't like change. Why change something that was fine the way it was before? He hadn't changed since high school and he saw that as a good thing. Maybe to others, it was bad, but he would always be the same Jordan B. Michael. As he pulled off and started towards the restaurant, his phone rang again. It was, as always, his agent Rachel. "Jordy, I think you should rethink this and listen to some of the things they want to do." He took a deep breath and sighed, "Rachel, don't call me Jordy. Now, I compromised on the TV Series idea, that was cool. I compromised and changing the cast a little bit and adding characters that were never there, that was cool. Now he wants me to change storylines entirely. If he wanted to make all these damn changes, he should have written the shit himself. It's a modern outlook on life; the present. I don't want it set in the past to quote, unquote "highlight some of the past tense struggles"... What the fuck does that even mean? It sounds like he made up some shit." Their conversation would go on for the next 30 minutes, even though he had arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes ago. He watched as his friend Ailyn, got out of her car and hand her keys over when he decided that no more business talk would be in effect. He hung up his phone before getting out of his car and tapping her on the shoulder, knowing damn well his shit would have been rocked. She punched him and he rubbed his arm, the punch actually stinging a little. He laughed as they walked into the restaurant seeking out Mika. "If you don't like being tapped, does that mean you don't like it when-" he didn't even finish his sentence before receiving a death glare and busting out laughing. He watched as she turned to a hostess, asking for Mikayla and post haste as she didn't want to be around Jordan alone anymore.

Mentions:
Mika ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) Odilon ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami )

Last edited:
[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Mikayla Waters [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the chef[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] "Table 7 is up, I need a runner!" Mikayla called from her place behind the counter. She wiped one final smudge from the dish before she slid a beautifully plated entree on to the warming counter. It was one of her favorite dishes that she ever created, and had been a staple on her menu since Harvest & Vine first opened. Fluffy potato gnocchi sat atop a beautiful fennel and wild mushroom ragu. Dots of herb-lemon butter sauce created intricate swirl patterns within the delicious-smelling ragu. Going to the same table was that night's special: pan-roasted half chicken with a sage-garlic-honey glaze with buttermilk mashed Yukon potatoes and sauteed arugula. The second was a fairly new recipes she had created for the restaurant's winter menu. Mika took one last look at the food before a server came and whisked the plates away to their customers.

Mika let out a deep sigh of relief, stepping over to the sink to clean her knives. While the restaurant had amazing dishwashers, Mikayla would rather cut her own fingers off than let someone else wash her knives. Once the knives were cleaned and prepped for their next use, Mika rolled them up in her carrying case and locked them along with her chef jacket away in her office. Stepping back out into the kitchen, she looked around with a critical eye. Mika was a perfectionist when it came to her restaurant. She expected the best from her employees, and they almost always gave it to her. "Alright, Trevor, I'm stepping out to the floor. Hold down the ship and let me know if you need anything," the petite brunette called to her sous chef. She couldn't help but grin as the tall, tattooed man simply nodded before the pan he was using filled with a fiery flambe.

Stepping through the kitchen doors out into the dining room, Mika was immediately surrounded by chatter, laughter, and smiles. She couldn't help but feel happy that her dream had finally come to fruition. Being so young, she would have never thought she could have such a successful restaurant. But here she was, almost all of the seats in Harvest & Vine full. Being her charming self, Mika walked around the dining room and greeted diners, making sure to include the "How is everything's" and the "Anything I can do for you's." She was happy to find that almost all the diners had rave reviews about her food and said they would definitely be back for more.

"Chef, there's some people waiting at the hostess stand for you," she heard from behind her, turning to see a server behind her. Mika nodded, heading towards the front of the restaurant. Seeing a few of her friends and acquaintances there such as Ailyn and Jordan, Mika grinned. "Hey, everyone! I reserved you a table. Follow me," she grabbed a handful of menus and led the group to a large table in a semi-private, semi-open room off the main dining floor. "Sit wherever you like," Mika said, gesturing to the table. "Drinks are on me tonight, so feel free to order. Try not to run me dry though," she added with a wink.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Jordan, Ailyn ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ), anyone else at the restaurant
location: Harvest & Vine | outfit: x | x [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c] lavendre lavendre [/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #1aa6b7 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://sev.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/07/54db93c354c0c_-_cassadeepope.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #00ffff [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #000080 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #00ffff; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #000080 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/rFYxKvTB1fJW8/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #00ffff; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #00bfff [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #000080 [/class] [class=bla]background: #008080 [/class] [class=ble]background: #add8e6 [/class] [class=blo]background: #7fffd4 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

— Morgan Carmichael.

xx
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
xx
Alright let me have the newlyweds in the middle, bridesmaids on the side of her and groomsmen on the side of him please. You don’t have to scrunch all up together this isn’t a Brady bunch photo give me your best smiles...” Through the cameras lenses a melting pot of different races and backgrounds were all huddled together in their cleanest and maybe even tightest clothes. Everyone gave the most natural and most fake smiles they could plaster on their faces for the photo, sliding her finger over the cool button the flash on her camera went off and soon every single fake smiles was soon replaced with laughter and joy. Looking at the picture on her screen Morgan showed the photo to the brides family, since they were the ones who hired her of course there would be no photographs tarnishing their precious daughter on her special day. Smiling when the mother nodded in agreement with her husband that the photos were magnificent Morgan immediately walked away before the older couple could get a word out. Walking past tables of guests stuffing their stomachs with food until half of them popped and children running towards the dance floor to remind the other couples that you’re never to old to have fun Morgan finally made it to a corner of the outdoor venue where the rest of her equipment was set up.

Hooking her Nikon up to her laptop she clicked through the photos she had previously taken throughout the ceremony itself. She paused at one photo of the bride in a Snow White dress cascading to the floor, the floral embroidery laid perfectly on top of the sheer fabric which across her shoulders and chest. The smile on the woman’s face showing pure euphoria that the moment that most little girls dream of was bestowed upon her. Morgan hated the photo. Morgan never had that euphoric moment with her ex-fiancé instead she had restless nights of fear her ex would kill her in her sleep. Morgan had the perfect dress ready to be bought and worn on her special day, instead she had scars upon which he promised he would never produce anymore on her. She was such a naive girl back then and was blinded by his kind eyes and manipulated by the words escaping from his lips. While the bride had her wish come true Morgan was still battling a past trauma that consumes her everyday from the morning she wakes up to the night when she rests. Morgan was snapped out of her memory when the bride walked over. “Please help yourself to anything at the buffet it’s my treat well my dads treat since he’s paying for it but you know what I mean.” the laugh that came from the bride was a very awkward one and it mentally made Morgan question what made the man marry the woman standing in front of her. It was annoying beyond hell.

Thank you...also the photos came out perfectly...” she said standing up walking away from the woman towards the line of people at the buffet table. Grabbing a ceramic plate which made her cool fingers feel warm, Morgan began browsing the options available and in all honestly everything looked disgusting. The only formidable winner was the grilled chicken with a honey lemon glaze plated perfectly on a cloud of mashed potatoes with asparagus on the side. Not knowing there were already plated meals on the tables Morgan grabbed the plate placing the empty under to make it less awkward for herself and the people behind her. Taking a glass of wine from the tray that was traveling around the floor by waiters she headed back over to her small section away from the boisterous event. Not even having a chance to place her plate on the table a tall figure started making his way over to her. Silently inhaling she looked up at the male who seemed to be a little flushed from the amount of wine he has consumed. Carefully monitoring his movements Morgan stared the man in his eyes.

You look very lonesome by yourself when the party is on the dance floor miss...maybe a shared da-“ she cut him off before he could even finish the sentence. “I’m flattered I really am but I would like to have my dinner and get back to taking photos...I was hired to do that not be someone you can take home to have a one-night stand with...” she stared the man right in his eyes her gaze never wavering from his. The man was about to speak before an elder couple came over arms linked together the smiles on their faces just screaming love. “We see you are about to eat young lady but would you be so kind to take a quick photo of us for our memories?” Morgan looked to see the man was gone before relaxing a true genuine smile on her face before nodding. Taking her camera out again she directed the couple where to stand before taking the photo. “You two are a very lovely couple.

We’ve been married for 43 years and it feels like im falling in love with him all over again every day” the lady told Morgan as she looked at her husband with the purest love. “That must be nice...” Morgan said in a low tone her smile fading. “And what about you young lady? Have you someone to fall in love with everyday...to make you never second guess your love for him?” The questions the man was asking made Morgan’s heart hurt a little, giving them a quick glance before looking back down at the photo she paused before speaking “...I used to have someone but...it never worked out...we weren’t meant for each other...” she was thankful to be looking down at her camera that way the couple couldn’t see her rapidly blinking to stop the tears from coming. A hand was placed on her shoulder when she looked up and saw the woman give her a small loving smile “You will find that special one dear...it doesn’t happen right away and it won’t always be your first but you will know when you’ve found the one...” the husband gave Morgan their contact information before leaving and all she could do was watch them walk their hands enclosed in one another’s their bodies close as if they’re going to fuse into one person. “...I hope so...” was all she mumbled before sitting down picking at her dinner her appetite slowly disappearing.

Next Day

Morgans' head was buried in her arms as she sat at the far end of the big table along with the rest of her friends. She didn't have a hangover she was just very tired, the event she photographed didn't end till half past twelve and her son didn't go to bed until almost three in the morning. This was basically the only time Morgan had to rest since her son was spending the day with her parents and instead of being in her bed she was at the Harvest & Wine restaurant currently deprived of sleep. The loud noise of the people talking along with the bustling sound of employees walking back and forth caused Morgan to become more irritated she just wanted this lunch to be done and over with. Slightly peaking out of her arm barricade she stopped the waiter by grabbing his wrist. "Can you bring me a bottle of your best and I do mean your best wine...please...and some spaghetti the dinner portion substitute the ground beef for ground turkey...use angel hair pasta and do not tell me that you can't substitute all this cause I know you can." She removed her ring covered fingers slightly from his wrist before grabbing it again "Make it two bottles of wine..." She gave the waiter a small smile when he nodded before leaving. She watched him leave before looking back at the people sitting at the table she sighed running her fingers though her hoping this lunch would end early. She lied her head back on the table and took out her phone starting to play Candy Crush currently on level 2825, she let her index finger glide against her phone screen purposely tuning out the backgound noise going on within the restaurant.
with everyone. • tags everyone. • outfit a + b.

coded by nymphadora. ©

Last edited:
[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Erik Jakobsen [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the music producer[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] "Alright, let's start from the chorus," Erik said into the microphone, pushing the button at its base so he could be heard in the recording studio. Releasing the button, which muted him, Erik ran a hand through his hair and muttered, "How the hell is this girl famous?" On the other side of the glass stood a well-known pop star. She had wavy blonde hair and green eyes surrounded with far too much eyeliner and eye shadow. She wore a low cut blouse and a mini skirt so short that Erik was pretty sure if she turned around, he could see her butt. But none of that really mattered to him really. People could look and dress how they want. The problem was simple: her voice.

Wanting nothing more than to leave then and there, Erik pressed the button so that the music played back both on his end as well as in the stereo headphones the pop star wore. The music was fun, a simple beat with an interesting electronic melody. It was something that the current generation would be into and definitely dance to at clubs and parties. It wasn't very different than anything else on those hit radio stations, but it would sell and that was really all this girl cared about. When the notes for the beginning of the chose hit, Erik braced himself. Immediately after, the off-key, pitchy vocals of the girl assaulted his ear drums as she sang along to the music. The music producer wanted nothing more than to shut the whole studio down, but the label would be pissed if he did that. So he suffered through it.

When the music came to an end, the pop star stopped singing and looked through the glass at Erik. She had never been very kind to him, and crossed her arms over her chest in a way that made it seem like she expected a compliment. Erik gave her a weak smile and a thumbs up, pressing the button once again. "I think that's all we need for today. We'll pick this up again next time," he said into the mic, relieved that the girl took off her headphones and left the studio without another word. Glancing at the computer beside him, Erik contemplated working on the mixing then. But, he decided that he had heard enough for one day and simply saved the files. He was supposed to meet some friends at Mika's restaurant anyway.

Locking up the studio behind him, Erik began the short walk down the street to Harvest & Vine. Since it was so close to the studio, Erik often went there for lunch. Through doing so, he had met Mika and actually become fairly decent friends with her. In addition to her amazing skills as a chef, she was a pretty cool person. Erik bushed into the foyer of the restaurant, immediately glancing around for anyone he recognized. Finding them sitting at a table a bit away from everyone else, Erik crossed the restaurant just as Morgan ordered two bottles of wine and began playing a game on her phone. "Long day at work?" he asked with his charming smile, sliding into the chair next to her.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Jordan, Ailyn ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ), Mika, Morgan ( logastellus logastellus )
location: Harvest & Vine | outfit: x [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c] lavendre lavendre [/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #8fbc8f [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/c0/57/4bc05792fc8ee2d450d1369fdf9e5ada--magazines-panic-at-the-disco.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #48723e [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #48723e; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #1a4718 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/10T7k86Wu5FWKI/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #487238; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #eae69e [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=bla]background: #e1e36e [/class] [class=ble]background: #204024 [/class] [class=blo]background: #bfdb81 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:

LISTENING TO:

MY LIFE
nf

― we are all made of those who have built and broken us.

The morning started off with a migraine.

A searing, pounding headache that nearly sent Elijah from hell to heaven and back again to the world of consciousness. Reality came in the form of vertigo and dehydration, with a healthy side dish of nausea. The combination made the bleary-eyed male groan and curse aloud as he sat up and tried to re-calibrate himself, but to no avail. He fell back down again, the impending temptation of sleep looming over him like a dark, thick cloud. But before he could let the darkness completely take over, sharp, urgent ringing and buzzing shook him awake. Painstakingly, Elijah rolled over and pawed for his phone groggily and glanced at the phone screen. It read
M. Bancroft.

Shit, was the male's first thought. He took a glance at the time, realizing that it was nearing one in the afternoon already. Gritting his teeth, he answered the call.
"Good morning, Elijah," came the low, gravelly, eerily calm and pleasant voice of Graham Bancroft. To the surface world, he was a successful, wise, mild-mannered billionaire CEO of Crimson Rose Industries and personal manager of world-famous model, Elijah Brankovich, who, to many, seems to be like a son to the man as much as the man is a father to him. To the underworld of crime, and to Elijah himself, however, it was a different story alltogether; Graham, under all the glitz and glam, was a cruel, unforgiving man who managed various illegal businesses, rings and had considerable influence over the gang culture of New York City. But on this glorious day, there seemed to be no trace of that Graham. "Ravishing morning we're having, aren't we?"
Elijah clenched his jaw, knowing that despite the pleasant greeting, nothing about this call was pleasant at all.
"Yessir," he answered back just as calmly, despite his hoarse and cracked voice, trying to play along. Graham chuckled softly on the other line as if amused by Elijah's act. "Very well, tell me then, how did you sleep?"
Elijah opened his mouth, his mind racing for some sort of excuse. But nothing comprehensible came out - instead, Elijah's throat closed up and he began to cough, dehydrated after a night of heavy drinking. "G-Good," he answered finally, hoarse. "I - uh, have...a cold.....sir." The businessman let out another chuckle. "Very amusing, Elijah," he answered. "But you know how I feel about liars." His voice went ice cold at the end, all traces of warm and geniality all but a fantasy. There was nothing more to be said - Elijah knew he was in the red zone. He clenched his jaw once more, mentally kicking himself for thinking he could fool Graham fucking Bancroft, even on the phone.
"Yes, of course," Elijah agreed as formally as he could. "Now," Graham continued, almost ignoring his reply. "You know I don't like being controlling, but this drinking stops now. Saanvi told me you were clean, for months, Elijah. I-" Graham stopped before he could go any further, his voice quieter, but equally as firm and cold. "You know the rules. You know the consequences." Graham proceeded to end the call, leaving it at that. Elijah stared at his screen for a few moments, and then put it aside. First came the shame; Graham was right - Elijah was clean, and had managed to keep it that way for months. But something happened last night that he couldn't handle without using booze as crutches. Elijah paused in his thinking, trying to remember despite the hangover, but his memory was insanely fuzzy. He gave up a few moments later and relaxed, a small sense of relief passing over him; he had avoided another mine on the field for now. Having Graham as his manager was a stressful situation for Elijah - some days, Graham would treat him like a father would a son, and on others, he would treat him no better than if he were one of the factory workers working for his company. Elijah hated the feeling of being owned, but that was the reality. It was a strained relationship, but Elijah knew he had no choice. Graham had given him an opportunity that practically saved his life. Despite their many disagreements and quarrels about Elijah's habits and behaviour, he was indebted to the man. He was volatile and two-faced, but he was all Elijah had.

No, whispered the small, insistent voice in his mind. Your sister-
Elijah cut the thought off as soon as it emerged. He felt a small spark of frustration, maybe anger at the thought of her, trying to not remember their last conversation. Katya was a mess, a trainwreck derailing herself off the tracks faster than she can hit the brakes to stop. Graham had even discouraged Elijah from seeing her, not wanting to tarnish the image that he had spent years trying to perfect. But Elijah went on anyway, and it was the same old thing, every year, every time; Katya, mostly in a drunk state, either lamenting over their crushed childhood dreams, rewatching and replaying old childhood video casettes of what was, or scornfully blaming Elijah for letting Graham fucking Bancroft brainwash him and use him as his 'Ken doll', plastering his face onto every magazine and tabloid on the planet to further his own agenda, exploiting him just like the man did with their mother all those years ago.

But there was more to it than that; what Katya refused to know, or let herself believe, was that if it wasn't for Graham, Elijah would have been in jail - maximum capacity prison, possibly serving a life sentence for gang crimes and being apart of one of New York's most notorious gangs, the 'Cobra's Blessing'. Katya herself would be on the streets, homeless, if it weren't for Graham's generosity.
Sometimes though, Elijah would give in and cry along with her, and on other days, they would go out on full-out war. On the rare occasions she was sober enough to talk, Elijah would tell her about his new lifestyle, his upcoming shoots, and invite her over on modeling trips across the world that she would mostly end up politely denying.

Their last conversation a few months ago was anything but civil, or polite. It was another fight, but Elijah refused to think about it. Despite the fact that Elijah had no great, passionate love for what he did as a living now, he was grateful that it kept him busy enough to not think about those things. Yet again another reason to not thank God, but Graham - if it weren't for him, Elijah would've long ago fallen deep into the rabbit hole.

Sighing, Elijah got out of bed, careful about his vertigo. He pressed the room service button. Saanvi, his personal housekeeper, answered almost immediately. "Sleeping Beauty is finally awake, I see," she told him, her Indian accent thick and rich with an amused undertone. Elijah smiled slightly, a sense of embarrassment creeping in as he cleared his throat to answer. "Yes, and she's calling in to ask for a certain Saanvi to drop off a glass of water while she goes and showers."

Saanvi, clearly amused, laughed heartily before responding. "Perfect timing too - Mr. Bancroft tells me you have an upcoming lunch and an invite to a party with a certain important group of acquaintances that you have to be at....let's see...ah, yes, 1:45 pm exactly." Elijah's eyes widened in shock, glancing at the clock on his nightstand. It read 1:20 pm.

Elijah, breathless, turned off the engine and swung his leg off his Ducati motorbike, making sure to park it nicely and safely against the side of the street, very much unlike the way he had gotten here. He may or may not have almost run over an elderly lady crossing the street and went maybe two times the speed limit, but it was f-i-i-ne. Except for maybe the fact that he had forgotten to wear his helmet, but other than that, it was alright. He had made it, showered, prepped, and fit with a nice dash of cologne, without incident.

Elijah took a moment to gaze at the establishment that he risked tooth and nail for. It was a fairly new, elegant, quaint place, a treat of a building compared to the old, shady, questionable diners Elijah remembered back when he spent most his days on the streets of South Bronx, back with his brothers and the gang.
The gang.
The thought brought on a nostalgic, uneasy feeling to the pit of Elijah's stomach. It had been what, two years since the last time he had heard from any of them? Graham had assured him that as per Elijah signing the contract, his friends would all avoid jail time, but Elijah never really had the time or the energy to follow up on whether that was true or not. In fact, Elijah realized that because he had been so busy modeling and traveling, this was probably the first time he had stepped into the South Bronx area in a long time. Would he see any familiar faces?

With that in mind, Elijah cautiously entered the building. He was greeted by the pleasant sight of normal, everyday people enjoying their afternoons amidst a very chic, modern dining setting. There was nobody from his past that he could spot out from the crowd, but it didn't take long for Elijah to spot a few familiar faces from the very recent past that he could spot out: firstly, there was Morgan Carmicheal - a natural-born photographer, Elijah and her had bonded nicely after she was hired to do a couple Instagram photo-shoots for him, and the rest was history; he had even had the honor of getting to meet her little baby boy, which was a privilege most people failed to earn. He felt himself relax slightly, glad to see that there was someone he could latch on to as a friend in the group of mere acquaintances. His eyes wandered to someone else he felt strangely familiar with, despite the fact that they weren't particularly very close: Mikayla Waters, world-famous for her delicious cooking. In their very few interactions together, Mikayla had always acted rather distant and almost afraid of him in a way. In a certain sense, Eliah would not blame her; most people would find his tall, brute, tattooed stature intimidating, especially if they had a hint of what his past consisted of, but Mikayla was different. Elijah just couldn't place why.

She seemed to be cheery now, greeting the rest of the table with a smile. Elijah shook off his growing worries and forced himself to walk, plastering a casual, charming smile with a hint of debonair on his face, just like he would in photoshoots. He greeted Mikayla with a friendly nod of the head, sliding next to Morgan, who at the moment, seemed to possess as much enthusiasm as a deflated balloon. She was sitting next to a black-haired guy clad in leather and black who, despite his appearance, seemed friendly enough. As Elijah slid in next to Morgan, he caught him ask her if she had had a long day at work. Elijah turned to Morgan, concern slighting his features, adding in. "Yeah, you alright? Is it the kid?"
He gave a quick glance at the black-haired guy, giving him a quick, firm nod hello. "Elijah."

▌INFO: where: harvest & vine // outfit: x // tags: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat logastellus logastellus Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess nymphadora. nymphadora.

coded by nymphadora. ©

Last edited:
23417173_144287926325044_5074893830369574912_n.jpg
LTJG Kortia Deneka Velentino
The cold always reminded her of her first mission as a SEAL. The tingle of the frigid air as it danced on her skin coupled with the tiny pain of what felt like needles coming from under her skin. The extreme cold was far from pleasant and the layers of clothing, body armor, gloves, scarf, and beanie didn't seem to do much to defend her skin from each gust that threatened to turn her into a snowman.

Hazel green eyes peeked from under the white beanie that covered her head, gazing out to the white winter wonderland that seemed to stretch on for kilometres before hitting a treeline that was the start of a forest. Gloved hands readjusted themselves on the R700 modded sniper rifle as three figures dressed similar to her began to march across the open field. Their white clothes made it tough to distinguish them against the ground and the now heavy snowfall.

It felt like a lifetime as they moved along before she was on her stomach in the bed of an old abandoned pick up truck that sat in a village up one of the mountain sides. Her eyes were staring through a scope with IR thermal imaging, because the snowfall had become too heavy to visibly see anything worthy of risking a naked eye shot over. Her right finger wrapped gently around the trigger as the butt of the rifle sat snugged on her shoulder. "You got an ID on the HVT?" she questioned to one of her comrades that was looking through binoculars in the same prone position next to her. There was no verbal response, but a pat on the shoulder and an almost simultaneous squeeze of a trigger.

Tia shot up in her bed, breathing hard as if she just ran a marathon. Heart pounding. Her body was drenched in sweat, eyes dilated. Despite tying and wrapping her hair up before she lied down, her hair had become a mess under the bright multi-colored scarf. Moments passed as her breathing slowed, body returning to normal as a cold breeze came from an open door that led outside to her large roof area. It was still dark outside meaning she had stirred before her alarm had rung. A chill swept down her spine as a gust of wind swept through the room like a thief in the night. Slowly she reached to her nightstand and grabbed her phone, sliding to an app before pushing a button.

In response, the door began to close slowly. Once it had completely closed it locked itself and Kortia sighed gently. She pressed another button on the phone and soft yellow lights illuminated the entire loft before she tossed the phone aside. Slowly she slid off the bed getting to her feet and moving towards one of the few actual rooms in her loft. Inside the room was a workout area with a treadmill, mat for core exercises, and some free weights. The next hour would be spent in there as she worked out while listening to trap music.

It'd be a quick walk to her bathroom as she took a shower before adorning a green silk robe, the light from the sun finally strong arming it's way through the blinds as her phone's alarm finally rang. She had an early start on her day so she figured she'd get some work in before she started to get ready for lunch with her associates.

Her feet carried her first to her bed where she picked the phone up to dismiss the alarm, before they then transported her to the kitchen. A hand reached to grip the door handle of her chrome finished refrigerator, opening it before grabbing a container that had some purple colored liquid inside. The door closed behind her as she moved to a desk with a white RAZER BLADE laptop opening it with one hand before placing her lips on her beverage and taking a sip. A rush of different flavors took over her taste buds. The dominant flavors came from berries and bananas, but there were hints of vegetables, nuts, and protein supplements. The flavor was pleasant and sure beat MREs any day.

With a gentle sigh she sat the drink down and her phone too, letting her manicured nails clack on the keyboard as she typed in her password. There would be a few clicks before she'd go to her 'military' email and typing in a password. When she finished that her phone vibrated, causing her to pick it up and text 'yes' to a number, before that number began to call.

"I am Kortia Valentino," she spoke into the phone after she answered, hanging it up as finally her emails popped up. Since most of the emails were things like happy birthdays, or weapon re-certification emails, she exited out. She was on leave....or something...and didn't need to address anything until she was recalled. So she moved to her work email which only required a password since she was on her secured home network.

This set of emails contained more pertinent things that required immediate attention in some cases. So she sat at her desk and carefully went through them. The next couple of hours saw her reading over documents, authorizing this, veto'ing that. Phone conference calls with clients and no matter how much she seemed to get done, it never seemed she was closer to emptying her queue of tasks. They'd have to wait for now. Her alarm was informing her it was now time for her to begin to get ready for her luncheon.

A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she closed the laptop gently and moved to the area that was her closet. This was time for her to really get to showcase her eye for fashion, but she didn't want to be too flashy. Be eye catching, be distinct, be memorable, but never be a peacock. That's what her father had instilled in her. Peacocks were attention grabbing, but they always smelled. Let your client be the one with the stench. She wasn't meeting with clients, but the idea always was the same. You never knew who was watching or who you'd run into. So always act as if it was a business situation.

She took a slow breath finally deciding on her outfit (see floating image). Something simple, but amplified who she was. She was ready to smile again. Genuinely. There hadn't been much smiling for her since she came back to New York. Despite the hero's welcome her parents had given her, she found little reason to smile. Somewhere between the night terrors and guilt laden swigs of alcohol, she was barely hanging on.

An exaggerated sigh escaped her lips as she slowly did a light bit of make up, before placing her clothes on. She reached for a pair of glasses, for fashion not for vision, grabbing a pair of black heeled boots and finishing off her ensemble. She moved to the bathroom to get her hair together before grabbing her brown bag and slinging one strap over her shoulder, and placing her airPods in her ears. She grabbed her phone making a call to her driver before heading towards the elevator.

When she finally reached the ground floor, she stepped out to a black SUV with tinted windows as a man in a black suit held the door open for her. She slid into the car and pressed play on her playlist, the sounds of Gunna filling her ears and transporting her to another world. Her eyes had fallen close as the 15 minute ride allowed her to listen to several artists from Drake to Gucci Mane to Lil Baby. The immersion would end when the car had become still and she could no longer feel the motor running, causing her to open her eyes.

"Thanks Roger, I'll call you," she stated gently before valet came and opened her door for her.

A few motions and steps and she found herself inside the restaurant she had grown fond of. She was proud of how it was doing, and happy for Mikayla.

"Senorita Valentino," came a voice in a Cuban-Spanish accent causing Kortia to turn and nod a hello to staff member who had beckoned her attention, "Some of your friends have already arrived and are in the dining area over there..." he continued in Spanish as he motioned towards where the rest of the group was.

She mouthed 'gracias' before turning to head that way, but stopped and returned her attention to him, "Yardier, bring me a double of Tino Especiales Humo neat. Actually bring me two doubles....bring me a bottle. Just bring me a whole bottle." Her Spanish permeated the air as she offered a bright smile to the man who could only smile back and nodded, before heading off into the back.

Tino was the name of her family's distillery and brands of alcohol. Especiales Humo (literally Smoke Specials) is a line of their Cuban rum that is aged in barrels that have previously aged Bourbon Whiskey twice. This gives the rum a smokey finish and a kick that you can only find in bourbon. With this method you get the best of Caribbean Rum and American Whiskey and it is absolutely Tia's favorite.

She stepped gently through the restaurant as if she had been on a stealth mission and wanted to avoid making any noise from walking. Truth is, it was just a habit she hadn't noticed she had been doing. When she arrived at the table she looked over all of those who had arrived, nodding to Allyn first. She hadn't expected Odi to be here, but still a part of her had reached out and grabbed on some hope that he would have been. Her eyes moved from Jordan who she waved gently at, before glancing to the rest of them and landing on Mikayla, "Hermosa, you look well." A chuckle left her lips as she offered a genuine smile to her friend before finding a seat near Jordan. Yardier would bring the bottle she requested and two glasses, and she'd mouth a thank you before pouring herself a drink and sipping gently. So, lunch eh?

Direct Interactions: Mikayla MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
Mentions: Allyn, Jordan Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Odi (Aku), everyone there already

King Sirichai Chueakao
Mood: Faking It.
Mentioned: OPEN
Why he'd been assigned this he'd never know. The idea of following around a client he wasn't supposed to even see again was dull and annoying. He could be doing literally anything else.

The young real estate agent had been tasked by his family to follow help a client pick out new furniture for their newly bought 5 bedroom 2 bathroom house. It was a nice place. It had a rustic feel to it and he pitched the place to the buyers well. Making quite a sum, he was happy with his job. Picking out things however was not in his job description. He just couldn't say no to his family or a rich and persistent customer. It was impossible so he'd have to suck it up and do what was necessary.

His job was okay; he just hated his family. They were controlling and manipulative. He knew this deep down but that behaviour had shifted his mind into loving the ones he should hate. The idea of taking control was terrifying. They were quite powerful and no one should mess with power.

Shaken from his thoughts by the client, he continued his journey through the stores, slowly wishing he could be dead. King showed a happy face. It was necessary for this job. He couldn't lose customers. His family would kill him.

Soon, the endeavour came to an end and King could get on with what he did best, mingling with the rich. He was practically trained for every occasion and was a master of his composure. The idea of a fancy restaurant wasn't the most liked thing in the world but small talk and plugging the family business would help.

Once he arrived at the restaurant, he felt slightly underdressed. A white dress shirt with blue stripes over a pink t-shirt, tan jeans and slip on vans weren't helping. He felt as if he should vanish but he didn't. He just looked into the abyss of a new scenario and held his breath. With a gentle exhale he walked inside and kept smiling like all agents do.

Last edited:
— Morgan Carmichael.

xx
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
xx
Not even lifting her head up when the tall dark haired friend she has come to know and enjoy clad in all black sat next to her, she slowly locked her phone before directing her gaze towards Erik. A dry chuckle escaped her soft chap-sticked lips before slowly sliding her hand under her small chin to keep her head elevated. "Work didn't end till almost one in the morning and ontop of that I was hit on by one of the guests there. Looked a bit buzzed, his shirt was basically untucked out of his pants like well a three-year-old." She softly chuckled remembering the event. "The bride had this awful laugh that could force any man to marry her dare they didn't the whole event was...ugh...I fucking hate photographing weddings..." She was beginning to nibble at her fingernails when in her periferal vision her tattoo clad friend who she has come to enjoy also sat on the other side of her. The smell of his colonge sent Morgan in a daze of warmth and ease. Her calm demeanor slightly turned into a rigid one when the words left his lips.

"Is it the kid?"

If there was one thing Morgan hated, it was that word 'kid' as if her son didn't have a name. She may have feared and regretted being with her ex-fiance but she will never regret having a child with him. Her son was everything to her and the last thing that was apart of her ex, she valued his life over hers and rarely lets anyone even her friends into his world. A very small part of her wished he was alive to witness the birth of their son but the other part was relieved he is dead...away from her and her son.

"The kid has a name Elijah and it is not that hard to pronounce either...I've told you many times to stop using that word when you are around me..." She shot a glare his way that pierced right into his green(?) eyes. She proceeded to wrap her index and thumb ringed fingers about the lobe of his ear before clasping it in a strong painful grip. She may be small but she made up for it in strength.

"Each time you mention my son you will use his name do you hear me? If not this ear comes off and I will not be shooting your photos anymore."

The sound of the man agreeing with her demands made her release his ear from her grip.

"And one other thing...Elijah...it's december...why the fuck are you dressed like it's sunny California you too Erik...like am I the only one who actually pays attention to the weather in this group? I hope every single one of you freezes to death..." Her facial expression softens when she looks at Elijah then back at Erik before sighing. "I wasn't able to get any rest last night...Ju'elz didn't fall asleep until three in the morning so I'm in a cranky mood...didn't mean to take it out on you two...sorry..." She looked up seeing the waiter arrived with two bottles of wine and glasses for the three of them. Watching him open both bottles placing them back on the table she softly touched his hand a gesture signaling him to leave. After his departure, she reached out grabbing one of the bottles pouring basically half of the content into her glass. Her lips touched the cold rim of the glass before the sweet dark blend touched her tongue the flavors dancing across her palate before traveling its way down her throat. "That was very much needed..."

Her gaze moved from the glass up to the other members making their way to the table, only one person caught her eye. Poppy Minyard. With a tilt of her head, she shifted her entire body towards Elijah. "Don't look now...actually totally look I want to see the shock on your face when I tell you that your ex-girlfriend just walked into the restaurant...you told me you two have erased all contact of each other and now she's here...what do you plan on doing..." She took another sip of her wine before looking around the table of people mainly at Elijah and Poppy, her soft lips covered her manicured fingers again as she could feel the tension slowly rise in the room.
with Erik, Elijah + Poppy. • tags nymphadora. nymphadora. madame moiselle madame moiselle MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat outfit a + b.

coded by nymphadora. ©

Last edited:
[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Mikayla Waters [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the chef[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] Mika smiled as more people began to sit around the table, some she recognized and some she did not. Nevertheless, friends of her friends were friends of hers. Mika passed out menus to everyone, making sure there was a couple of alcohol lists on the table were anyone to need them. From the looks on some of their faces, they definitely did. Erik slid into the seat alongside the photographer she recognized as Morgan. The chef offered him a friendly smile which he returned. At the sound of footsteps approaching the table, Mikayla's gaze turned towards the new person joining the table. He met her gaze and offered her a nod, which Mika returned. Her smiled faded every so slightly at the present of Elijah. He looked so familiar, and sparked a fear in her that she didn't really understand. It was like she recognized him from somewhere or some time frightening, but her mind wouldn't let her access the memory. Mika silently let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding as he slid into the seat next to Morgan, shaking the feeling away. Today was supposed to be fun, not dragging up bad feelings and memories.

Mikayla's attention was drawn away by a familiar voice, turning to see Tia. She immediately smiled at her, happy that she was there. "Thank you, Tia. You don't look too bad yourself," she responded with a playful smirk. She was going to continue the conversation, maybe make some small talk and ask about Tia's day when another voice filled the room. Mika immediately knew that voice as one of her close friend's, the beautiful actress, Poppy. After the two had met for some promotions and commercials for the restaurant, they became fast friends. Poppy was hard-working and strong-willed, and Mika admired that about her. The smile on her face at the sight of another friend faltered when Poppy froze for a moment, her eyes locked on Elijah. Mika knew there was some sort of history between them, but it completely slipped her mind when they put together this lunch idea. She immediately felt terrible about it and wanted to mend the situation, but wasn't sure how.

"Sit wherever you like," she said, gesturing to the table before taking a seat next to Tia. "But I'm good, thank you for asking. How are you? Has the filming been going well?" Mika continued, her attention focused on Poppy. When a waiter approached, Mika immediately gestured him over and quietly said, "Bring the scotch from my office, please." For particularly rough days, or moments of great celebration, Mika kept a rather rare bottle of scotch in her office. It was 50 year aged single malt scotch from Speyside, Scotland, given to her by her grandfather as a graduation present shortly before he passed away. The waiter disappeared and returned quickly, sitting the bottle on the table with a glass for both Mika and Poppy.

Mika delicately picked up the bottle and put a generous pour in each glass, raising her own to Poppy before taking a sip. It burned its way across her tongue, but instilled in her a sense of warmth. Even though her sous chef Trevor was running kitchen for the rest of the night, she didn't want to get too drunk just in case. That was Mika, always making sure things were in working order and in their place. It was one of her fatal flaws, not being able to let go and rely on other people. Given her family history, that bit was understandable, but could still be irritating to some.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Erik, Morgan ( logastellus logastellus ), Tia ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami ), Elijah ( madame moiselle madame moiselle ), Poppy ( nymphadora. nymphadora. )
Harvest & Vine | outfit: x | x [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c] lavendre lavendre [/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #1aa6b7 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://sev.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/07/54db93c354c0c_-_cassadeepope.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #00ffff [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #000080 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #00ffff; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #000080 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/rFYxKvTB1fJW8/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #00ffff; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #00bfff [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #000080 [/class] [class=bla]background: #008080 [/class] [class=ble]background: #add8e6 [/class] [class=blo]background: #7fffd4 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Erik Jakobsen [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the music producer[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] For a brief moment, Erik's attention was drawn from Morgan to the man that sat on the other side of her. He recognized him from magazines and other ad campaigns, knowing that he was a pretty big name model. Morgan seemed to know him as well, so Erik offered him a grin and a nod. "Erik, nice to meet you." However, the friendly greeting was short left as Elijah questioned Morgan about her son. Erik winced ever so slightly. Though they had been friends since childhood, he had lost contact with Morgan for a brief period of time. They had just recently begun to rekindle their friendship. Erik knew how strongly Morgan loved Ju'elz, and she wouldn't respond well to Elijah calling him "the kid." He shot him a look, but Morgan was already upset.

Erik winced slightly when Morgan grabbed Elijah's ear, knowing that she had a strong grip and that had to hurt. When she turned her attention back to him, Erik raised his hands up in surrender. "To be fair, I work in a box for most of my day," Erik answered, shrugging his shoulders. "It usually doesn't get to cold. And this jacket is actually fairly warm!" He pulled on side of his jacket a bit, revealing the soft lining on the inside. Sure, it probably wasn't the best clothing to withstand the crazy cold that was winters in New York City. But it worked fairly well for him, and it was stylish. So he couldn't really complain too much.

Erik couldn't help but be excited at the sight of the wine. After the morning he had dealing with that rude pop star and her lack luster voice, Erik needed something to relax his system. He picked up the bottle after Morgan was finished and poured himself a glass, taking a sip before sitting it on the table in front of him. "No worries, Morgan. Lack of sleep will do that to you," Erik replied, knowing full well how cranky he could get after a long day of recording with no sleep. That was when he was the most strict on the artists he worked with, and they tended to not like him so much.

Morgan turned to whisper something to Elijah, and Erik could only assume it had to do with the newcomer to the table that he recognized as Poppy Minyard. He was curious as to what the story behind the two was, but knew it wasn't his place to ask. It wasn't any of his business anyway. A new man approached the table, and Erik didn't recognize him. But he assumed nevertheless, that someone at the table did. Offering the man a friendly smile, Erik nodded at him and said, "Hi there, I'm Erik."
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Morgan ( logastellus logastellus ), Elijah ( madame moiselle madame moiselle ), Poppy ( nymphadora. nymphadora. ), King ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx )
Harvest & Vine | outfit: x [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c] lavendre lavendre [/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #8fbc8f [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/c0/57/4bc05792fc8ee2d450d1369fdf9e5ada--magazines-panic-at-the-disco.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #48723e [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #48723e; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #1a4718 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/10T7k86Wu5FWKI/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #487238; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #eae69e [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=bla]background: #e1e36e [/class] [class=ble]background: #204024 [/class] [class=blo]background: #bfdb81 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

King Sirichai Chueakao
Mood: Faking It...Badly.
Mentioned: Erik ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
King really didn't know why this dinner with a bunch of rich people was necessary. Clients were easy to come by nowadays but what his family said went. He had no choice and as heir to the company, he really needed to stay in their good books.

Being immediately approached wasn't something he was used to; doing that was normally his job as an agent. It felt weird and he made a mental note to be calm and gentle when he does it in the future. The man himself, introduced as Erik, looked clean cut and professional, like he'd known about this for weeks and hadn't had the invitation sprung on him minutes before he was set to arrive, as well as relaxed and casual like this kind of thing was normal. These events were never casual nor normal to King.

"It's nice to meet you," he said politely, "I'm King Chueakao. I assume that I'm at the right place. If so then I apologize for my outfit. My boss sprung this on me last minute and I would've worn something better if I was going to be around people whom I don't know."

Was he speaking too formally? He didn't know but better to be too formal than too casual. He looked like a mess, more than usual and he couldn't show that. He needed to gain their trust and hopefully he can gain some clients and make his family happy. He needed to walk a line between normal and business and he was unsure if he would be able to do it well. He just hoped he wouldn't look too panicked around those he had never met before.

"May I sit," he asked nicely, hoping that the people he'd be with were not the judgemental, stuck up people he'd normally meet at events like this. The idea of being in a room with people who would insult him for his race, background or family was difficult to stomach, even for someone who didn't care for his clearly different skin tone, job and upbringing or awful family. These were small factors of him and King didn't want to be labeled by one part of him. This was a reason as to why he didn't scream his gayness no matter how open the people around him were. He was the heir to his family company and no one could make him scared.

[class=timagecontain]height: 190px; width: 200px; position: relative [/class] [class=timage3]height: 190px; width: 200px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b1/28/ab/b128abc6bbaf424b222fa52767f32b49.jpg?b=t); background-size: cover; background-position: 20% 10%; [/class] [class=timage4]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/40/49/5f/40495f76d86d67550e1076f6310c6299.jpg); filter: brightness(70%); background-size: cover; background-position: 20% 10%; opacity: 0; transition: opacity 0.7s [/class] [class name=timage4 state=hover]opacity: 2 [/class] [class=block] width: auto; padding: 0px 2px 0px 2px; font-size: 10px; display: inline-block; color: black; margin-top: 10px; [/class]
[div class=timagecontain]
[div class=timage3][div class=timage4]

not friends, not enemies, just strangers with some memories.
[div class=block style="background-color: #909ca2;"]outfit
x
[div class=block style="background-color: #909ca2;"]mood
post mental breakdown?
[div class=block style="background-color: #909ca2;"]where
harvest & vine.
[div class=block style="background-color: #909ca2;"]with
morgan carmicheal, erik jakobsen, king chueako, mikayla waters, poppy minyard
[div class=block style="background-color: #909ca2;"]tags[/div] logastellus logastellus MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx nymphadora. nymphadora.
[/div][/div][/div][/div]
ELIJAH BRANKOVICH.
[/div]x
A flurry of things happened in the span of a few minutes that made Elijah want to curse.

First, in came a few more guests; a sharply dressed biracial woman who seemed to be all business, and a small, slim Asian male who seemed to be no older than twenty. The woman, upon entering, seemed to have no problem settling in, while the Asian, seemingly quite aware of being underdressed for the occasion, had tried to hide his discomfort with a smile. These things weren't exactly a bad thing, but it did not take a genius to tell that neither really wanted to be here; Elijah could see straight through the fake smile plastered on the face of the young Asian, having pulled off enough of his own, and as for the businesswoman, who seemed to go by 'Tia', was treating as if this whole thing was nothing more than a mere business transaction. Oh, joy.

Only moments after they had arrived, however, the man clad in leather decided to answer back, introducing himself as Erik. But before Elijah could answer, or even acknowledge it, the friendly atmosphere was cut bitterly short when Elijah caught Morgan's sharp, piercing glare that could cut steel, her words about her son and his name even sharper.

Elijah cursed himself mentally, clenching his jaw as he remembered one crucial fact that was to be known about Morgan; she was very protective of anything and everything that concerned her son. One misstep, and you paid the price. He knew that partially, it wasn't her fault; she was damaged, as all people are in one or another. He knew there was once a man somewhere in the recesses of her past, a bad man at that, but Elijah knew better than to pry into things people were trying so hard to forget. He and Morgan were similar in that regard, and because of that, Elijah respected her space just as much as she did his.

But it seemed the combination of poor sleep, aggravating clients and being reminded of the past in question had put Morgan extremely on edge, more than what Elijah was used to. Before he knew it, he felt her fingers clasp his earlobe in a surprisingly strong and painful grip, making Elijah wince slightly and nearly curse aloud. Elijah's brow furrowed at Morgan's words, more specifically her rather irrational threat, the surge to retort something back right on the tip of his tongue to fuel the fire. He kept himself in check however, realizing that whatever had shaken her up before and was making her act the way she was now, wasn't worth it, and something he'd rather not face in the moment. So, Elijah did what was most unusual of him and backed down, prompting her to release the death grip she had on his ear.

Erik did the smart thing and surrendered as well. Elijah raised a questioning, skeptical eyebrow at Morgan's harsh critiques of what he snf Erik were wearing despite the weather. His cynical expression melted away as Morgan finally admitted her troubles and apologized, a warm, small smile of understanding forming instead. He gazed at her for a moment, debating on whether to put his hand on her shoulder as a gesture of reassurance, but before a decision could be made, the waiter made an appearance at their table, carrying a much needed bottle of wine accompanied by three wine glasses. Morgan welcomed the appearance with arms wide, treating herself to nearly half the bottle before sending the waiter away. Elijah chuckled softly to himself and proceeded to pour himself a drink, raising it to his lips before being interrupted by Morgan, telling him not to look.

Elijah's brow creased in confusion. Don't look? he wondered before the rest of Morgan's words managed to register into his mind. His eyes widened and his breathing began to quicken as he took a quick glance around. It couldn't be true.

And yet, there she was.

Elijah's gaze caught her in a moment's notice. His heart skipped multiple beats and he struggled to breath properly, unable to tear his bluish-green gaze away, struggling to keep the bittersweet memories at bay. She was no different now than how she was on the day he had met her in what seemed like a forever ago; breathtakingly beautiful and if he had to guess, twice as damaged. Elijah clenched his jaw as he caught the flicker, the glitch of utter confusion in Poppy's expression as she caught his gaze. It was gone just as fast as it had came; she realized her mistake in betraying her true feelings, and went back to her stunning, utterly fake smile. This happened so fast that one would doubt it even happened, but Elijah knew Poppy, in more ways than one. He had to hand it to her; she had almost convinced him.

Elijah growled under his breath, shifting his position, cutting his gaze off, any hope for a decent lunch dashed. He turned to Morgan without meeting her gaze, answering her daunting question of what he was going to do.

"I'm going to make a call," [/B]he answered in a low, irritated tone as he reached into his back pocket to grab his phone. With that, he proceeded to stand and began to walk towards the bathrooms as fast as he could, brushing past Mikayla and finally Poppy. The temptation to meet her gaze overwhelmed him, but he blocked it, and brushed past her coldly, phone pressed against his ear as he made his call.

"How is the lunch going?," answered Graham Bancroft on the fourth ring.
"You didn't tell me," Elijah hissed, anger coating the edges of his voices, simmering under the folds of his skin. "You didn't fucking tell me that she-"
"Ah," remarked Graham, his tone concerned. "Well, I knew you'd find out sooner or later. In fact," The man paused a moment, as if checking the time. "She's a bit late; her scene shooting must've ran a little behind schedule."
Elijah didn't say a word. By now he was alone in the bathroom, his back against the wall and next to the sinks. He gripped the phone tightly, his free hand curling into a fist as he ended the call angrily and turned to face the mirrors, gripping the sides of the sink as the memories he struggled to keep at bay finally breaking through. Flashes of all that was sweet and utterly bitter in their relationship - a connection forged in the fires of passion and power, both at the mercy of ruthless industries, both burdened with trying to escape secret pasts and present relationships and all things in between. For the first time in his life after the contract that had sealed his fate, Elijah loved someone in a way that seemed almost unreal, yet, was the realest, most authentic feeling he had felt in a long time. For the first time, he wasn't being used, or exploited, or manipulated like he had been in the past, by his father, by his brothers in the gang, and most of all by Graham himself. For the first time-

No. No, no, no.

Elijah's grip on the sink's edges grew tighter, digging into his palms, sending pricks of pain up his forearms. He refused to let this particular train of thought finish, only because he knew what awaited him at the finish line. A sharp pang of realization hit him as he realized that this was the reason why he had spent much of last night drinking - he had known Poppy was going to be there. He had known, and had to relive his love and her betrayal just as he was now. The difference was, he had the booze to forget then. All he had now was his phone and a growing sense of anger. His temper was on the verge of spilling out; but who was to blame? Graham? Himself? Poppy?

Bursts of casual laughter orginating from outside the bathroom snapped Elijah out of his tirade of a reverie. He glanced at the door, realizing that he was gone for far too long. He took a deep breath, letting himself calm down. Then, almost cautiously, he let himself out of the bathroom, tucking his phone into his backpocket, his eyes scanning for the rest of the group. He caught them in the far corner and began his trek there, keeping his composure cool and composed, as if he were walking down the model runway. If there was one thing he had learned to master from his years as an international model, it was the art of expressing no emotion. And so, he kept his expression completely neutral. He brushed past Poppy once more, just as coldly as before and resumed his place next to Morgan, nodding a firm hello to the young Asian man who introduced himself as King Chueako, acting as if nothing particular had happened, despite the obvious rise of tension in the air.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
[class=2]
background-color:#eee0cb;
padding: 12px;
Height: 300px;
Width: 300px;
margin-left: 100px;
transition-duration: 0.4s;
z-index:-1;
color:black;
margin-top:2px;
font-family: 'Montserrat', Arial;
letter-spacing:1.2px;
color: transparent;
font-color: transparent;
[/class]

[class name=2 state=hover]

background-color:black;
height: 375px;
margin-left: 100px;
color:#293249;
width:300px;
color:white;
[/class]

[div class=2]
huge_avatar
Tags: everyone there
Mood: stressed
[/div]
Kenna
If there was one thing Kenna knew how to do, it was sing. And though that was partially thanks to the voice lessons she'd taken part in since she was a child, there was raw talent there. She didn't mind the long hours of singing for her producer, and she didn't mind flying all over the country-- and sometimes outside of it-- to perform. It was her livelihood, her passion; what she was meant to do, and she truly believed that.

Her third album release was scheduled for early next year, but there was still so much work to do. She'd just finished recording for the day, and currently sat on the bench in the little locker room of sorts, humming to herself as she checked her reflection in her pocket mirror. Her makeup stayed fresh thanks to her setting spray, though a touch up wouldn't hurt.

Some fifteen or so minutes and a fresh application of mascara later, she snapped the mirror shut and slid it back into her purse. Standing, her heels giving her a few extra inches of height, she finally pulled her cell phone out of her bag. After navigating through the missed alerts, she saw one for lunch at Harvest & Vine, and quickly double checked the time.

Oh, good. If she headed there now, she wouldn't be late. Whoops.

Waving bye to Brandon as she left the studio, she hailed a cab outside to make her way to the restaurant. After paying the driver once he pulled up to the curb, she hopped out, breathing in the delicious scents that escaped from the place. Shutting the cab door, she made her way inside and headed for the back corner of the restaurant where she saw familiar faces.
code by apolla apolla

565785Odi Beckham Jr.
Imagine waking up next to the same person for the rest of your life. Planning daily activities from breakfast to dinner. Having every decision you make affect someone else. Odilon had found that out the hard way, early with his fiancee. Financial freedom was non-existent and big purchases needed to be ran by his significant other. When he first signed with the giants as a rookie, he got a 5 million dollar signing bonus and of course as a kid with nothing he spent most of that buying his mom a house, himself cars, things like that. What he did with the last million of the signing bonus wouldn't pay dividends until about a year ago. He invested in a software start-up who was designing software for an industrial chemicals company. A little over a year ago it sold for 400 million, and as 1/4th owner he got 100 million. He didn't do much with that money, outside of investing in another company, but when he signed his extension and got his 20 million dollar signing bonus he bought 10 million dollars worth of cars. Allyn didn't seem too happy about that.

Their relationship had never been easy, always seeming to have had some strain on it even when it was its best. They thought maybe their son's birth would maybe bring them closer, but it really only added a strain on them especially with how much each of them traveled. So it was no surprise that when Odi stirred his fiancee was not next to him. It never seemed to be a day where they both woke up together so it didn't really come as a shock to him as he opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling of their bedroom. He hadn't even bothered to reach out for her instead choosing to run a hand over his face before taking a deep breath as he sat up shirtless.

He knew the house was empty, so he didn't bother worrying about how loud he was going to be,"Alex, play wake up playlist on spotify..." and with that Nonstop by Drake began to play as he moved out of the bed. The sonos speaker on their floor began to emit the sounds of popular song as he moved to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He moved down the stairs a couple of levels until he made it to the kitchen as the music followed him, he grabbing a gatorade after the fridge and taking a sip of it. He moved to bowl of fruit and took an apple and bit it as he moved around.

Normally, he'd take this time to get a light workout in but he wanted to take a full day off so he moved to the office area and sat at his computer loading up Apex Legends. He spent a couple of hours playing that before he got a text on his from Allyn telling him to not be late for lunch. Right. Them spending time together alone was too much to ask for their off day, but happy almost wife happy life, right? He sighed heading back up the stairs to the bathroom and showering, before getting ready and texting one of his assistants to deliver his car to him as he hit the elevator and made it to the ground floor.

He stepped through the lobby and outside as the person flipped him the keys to the all black McLaren 720S Spider with the roof up before he took off through the city. He drove until he was to Harvest and Wine getting out and tossing the keys to Valet before entering inside of the restaurant. He glanced around before spotting where everyone was gathered moving in, not bothering to speak to anyone (this were Allyn's friends outside of maybe Morgan, Jordan, Tia) grabbing the bottle and glass that was near Tia before taking a seat next to Allyn, and pouring himself a drink and taking a slow sip.

interactions: Allyn Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Ailyn Sheppard
79952d0d2b9e09b00996a45875624d77.jpg
Once the two of them got into the restaurant, they were immediately greeted by Mikayla. Ailyn took a second to introduce her to Jordan and Jordan to Mikayla before they went to their table. When they arrived, she watched as Morgan took Elijah by the ear and put her hand to her chest in feign shock. There was a slight smirk on her lips, watching the event unfold. Anything that caused the annoying model some discomfort brought a small feeling of joy to her heart. As much as he annoyed the shit out of her during work, it felt nice to see karma at work. Ailyn sat down to where she would be able to see everything that was going on. She had a thing where she did not like to have her back to anyone or anything. At all times, she needed to see what was going on. "What are we drinking?" She asked, glancing at the glass and bottle in front of her. Reaching for the bottle, she poured some into her cup until it narrowly missed poured over. Carefully, she picked it up and brought it to her lips before taking a long sip. Again, the past few weeks had been more than stressful and she deserved this big ass glass of wine, despite the looks she would probably be getting from it at the moment.

It wasn't too much longer before she looked down at her phone, hoping for a reply but when she didn't see one she groaned. As she was about to complain to her friend, she watched as Tia walked in. She gave her a wave and nudged Jordan's elbow, always encouraging him to talk to pretty girls. After receiving his own version of a glare, she backed off with a small chuckle. He hated when she tried to get into his love life, but she couldn't help herself. Watching him go through girls hoping to find 'the one' was getting old and she wanted to see him settle down for once. Although, it made her a hypocrite seeing as she still wouldn't plan her wedding so they hurry up and get married. The next scene that unfolded was Poppy and Elijah. The woman barely knew either one of them, but by their reactions to each other, she could tell something was up with them. While a part of her was curious, the other half could care less to what the hell was going on in Elijah Brankovich's life. Her own attention was grabbed by seeing Odi walk into the restaurant and taking a seat next to her. "Where have you been?" She asked, looking over to him and picking up her glass, taking another sip from her glass.

Jordan B. Michael
db6d577bb09db1c10132ae5336473de6.jpg

Jordan waved his hand at Mikayla when introduced and smiled before walking away with Ailyn to take a seat. He always noticed that she never sat with her back to the door, but never wanted to question her about it. Sure, they were close but never close enough, he thought, for him to be able to ask something like that. Instead, he went along with it and sat next to her. Jordan was sort of quiet, always being one to observe what was going on instead of speaking. So watching the events break out between everyone was sort of interesting. Some people knew each other and others didn't, and that was probably the most interesting thing to him. Half these people had no idea who the other half was, being mutual friends of this person and that person. It made sense though considering their professions were all completely different. Jordan might never have crossed paths with a model in his day to day, but now he has thanks to his friend the fashion designer. Granted, Elijah and Ailyn didn't like each other but that didn't necessarily mean he couldn't like him. The two of them, Jordan and Ailyn, had decided that just because one didn't like someone didn't mean the other couldn't. There would be a rule that if they were to talk shit about either one of them, then they'd shut it down and not take sides. It's worked so far, and there have been no issues but, how much longer can that work for?

When Tia walked in, she sat next to him and he tried smiling at her but grunted instead. Ailyn was elbowing him in the side as she often did when a girl came around. However, he already knew Tia and they were already close friends. So, maybe that little stupid nudge was more so about him making her his girlfriend or something. Nah, he liked the way things were with Tia and their debates and being able to kick it without the awkwardness. So, instead, he glared at Ailyn and was thankful when Odilon came in to take the attention off of him so that he could entertain Tia. The drama that was unfolding already at the table was surprising, to say the least, and he wanted to get her thoughts about it. "What's up, boss lady? Excited about joining this," he took a pause and gestured around the table at the different personalities that were clearly present and craziness happening. "Little soiree this afternoon?"

Mentions:
Morgan ( logastellus logastellus ) Odilon, Tia ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami )

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Erik Jakobsen [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the music producer[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] Erik noticed the obvious tension arise from Elijah at the sight of Poppy, tilting his head a bit in confusion. Shortly thereafter, Eli left his seat in the direction of the bathroom, mumbling something about needing to make a call. Both Poppy and Eli seemed to be awkward and tense due to the other's appearance at the lunch party, probably due to some sort of tragedy-filled back story that Erik and most others at the table didn't know about. For a brief moment, the music producer thought about how that would make a good song, as most emotional topics and reactions do. But he wasn't about to pry into someone else's personal life just for the possibility of a song. That would be insensitive and idiotic.

Instead, Erik turned his attention back to the man who had just joined the table. "Nice to meet you too," Erik responded, before gesturing slightly to his own, casual attire of jeans, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket. He then added, "No need to dress up. We're all pretty friendly and casual here." When King asked to sit, Erik nodded and responded, "Of course, sit wherever you like. I doubt anyone here bites....well, bites much anyway. Mika over there is the chef at this fine establishment. So, if you have any requests, she would be the one to talk to. "So, what do you do for a living, King?"

It was then that Erik noticed a pretty brunette approaching the table. He immediately recognized her from a few album release parties and visits to a music producer friend of his. She was a musician, a vocalist, and a pretty fantastic one at that. He would have loved to sign her to the label he worked for. But her producer had snagged her up first, and Erik had to respect him for that. When she neared, Erik offered her a smile and said,"Hey, Kenna. Long time no see! How's the new album along?"
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Elijah ( madame moiselle madame moiselle ), Poppy ( nymphadora. nymphadora. ), King ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx ), Kenna ( apolla apolla )
Harvest & Vine | outfit: x
[/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c] lavendre lavendre [/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #8fbc8f [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/c0/57/4bc05792fc8ee2d450d1369fdf9e5ada--magazines-panic-at-the-disco.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #48723e [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #48723e; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #1a4718 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/10T7k86Wu5FWKI/giphy.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #487238; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #eae69e [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #1a4718 [/class] [class=bla]background: #e1e36e [/class] [class=ble]background: #204024 [/class] [class=blo]background: #bfdb81 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

King Sirichai Chueakao
Mood: Warming up
Mentioned: Elijah ( madame moiselle madame moiselle ) Erik ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
Sitting down, King scanned the faces and bodies of those around him. The differences were noticeable and he definitely felt out of place but this was another one of his family's tests. He knew that it had to be. The fact that they made him do this without a reason was evidence enough. He had to make sure he kept a good head on his shoulders and that he seemed approachable however some of the people around the table seemed to not be as friendly. Specifically, the heavily tattooed man who seemed separated from others in an emotional way.

King could tell that he wouldn't get on well with people like that man. Whilst King wanted to have his sort of vibe (rebellious, strong and powerful) that was simply not possible. He lived under the thumb of those better than him, forever destined to serve others instead of instructing them on what to do. He dreamed for a chance to be awesome but he was stuck between too many rocks and too many hard places.

Others around this quaint little table had the vibe that he could relate to: innocent, hopeful and in the need of exploration. The want to spread one's wings was a relatable idea. The fact that he could see it in others was inspiring him to want to push further. In a preferred scenario, he would but life didn't work like that.

He turned back to Erik and continued the conversation. He replied saying, "My family owns a large real estate agency." He took out a business card. "White Crystal Housing," he stated. "I'm a simple agent right now but if I show enough vigor and enthusiasm then my chances of taking over the company after the CEO position is made available will go up. Hopefully I can become the youngest CEO ever at the company."

As much as King hated his job, the idea of making a difference as CEO drove him to do better. He wanted to make sure that the people who worked at the company were happy and the clients were satisfied with what they pay for. This way all the pain, suffering and hard work will be worth it. It had to be worth it. It was a must.

He smiled and switched the conversation back to Erik. "What do you do for a living? Something more exciting I hope. Houses are just houses at the end of the day," he said with a laugh. It wasn't like he could go far in-depth with what he does anyway. The business side of things was strictly secretive. Just saying he could be CEO was a risk but Erik didn't seem like the kind of person to blab about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back