• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Upon a forest tale...

Hyydra

Shmecklesheckle
Hyydra submitted a new role play:

Upon a forest tale... - When all is forgotten, and a handful of people awake in a forest, what will transpire?

You are of a handful of people who awaken within a seemingly normal forest. You have no idea of how you'd gotten here or anything of the past, a memory which had been forgotten. You must start anew, however, rather than dwelling upon this unfortunate event. You can work together, or brave and try to survive on your own. Shall you adventure too far from your safe haven will you realize secrets beyond comprehension, and dangers beyond belief. Many stories are to be told amongst this group, many things to discover and many lessons to learn. You must learn to survive within the depths of the forest lands, seeing it once you reach the boundaries an invisible forcefield appears to stop your escape. Shall you ever be saved is unknown, but shall you survive will be determined.

Prepare yourself for the most unique adventure one could ever dwell on, and the most dangerous.

Note: This is a Medieval Fantasy genre Roleplay. Nothing Steam Punk or modern advanced, iron and stone as tools and weapons.

Four areas occur within this forest, all of different areas and materials to be found. The upper left quarter of the forest is the most unique, purple leaves and black trees succumbing the forest with secrets to be unraveled.

day_21___magic_forest_by_eliseenchanted-d5s7poo.jpg

The bottom left quarter of the forest land is quite magnificent as well, seeming it a strange enviornment. No life stirs within this area, and when some is found no one would know what it is. It is almost a safe-haven, except for the fact that nothing grows there but inedible things, and the plants seeming unbreakable.

Sunlight-on-the-enchanted-forest-of-bluebells.jpg

However, within the darker parts of this forest, the lower right area of the lands, things stir within the darkness. A place neglected by the sun's warmth, leaving horrid things to exist within the lands and take refuge of the trees and grass. But yet, within this dangerous place, things are needed to survive, and moreso found there than any other area.

3937497303_abd7f58905.jpg

But within the top right corner of this strange and yet marvelous land, is where you awake. Yes, this area is seemingly normal, an illusion to keep you from adventuring farther into what would seem endless greenlands, but strange in a way. A magical boundary seperates each area, a painted illusion of endless forests but once entered would soon reveal total darkness or complete serenity. This normal forest stirs with the common animals, rarely any items to help you survive rather than the common materials. This is the beginning.

the_Forest_church_2_by_weiweihua.jpg

Welcome to the lands of Mathladeem.

1. No God-Modding

2. If God-Modding is wished to be used, bring it up with a Moderator or the Game Master.

3. Romance is allowed but nothing graphic, or not approved. If the other wishes for something to be undone, than it shall be undone.

4. If wanting an event to happen, ask me, the Game Master, for it to occur and explain what will happen (I will hide any spoilers)

5. Animals exist within this forest, but not all of them will be easily captured. No autohits or countless achievements, let a failure slide in every now and then.

6. No armor or weapons when you begin this RP, only the clothes on your back and the hands God has given you.

7. Magic is allowed, but only one spell. If wanting more than that, ask me and I shall approve or disprove. The spell cannot be too dangerous and/or un-stoppable.

8. Get along and have fun! ^^

Read more about this role play... 
Joshua awoke from a paining slumber.

He sat up amongst a grassy area, an opening in the forest he would soon realize once his conscious was recovered. He folded his legs to sit up higher, moaning in pain as he looked under him to see a log. "Damn..." He started to say, but soon shot up to look around him. He was inside a forest, to where he did not know. He had not a map, or any materials for that matter, and he was alone. "Where am I?" He asked confused, then tried to search his memory bank. "How... how did I get here?" He struggled to say, a hand on his forehead as he had a headache. He stumbled through the area, leaning against a tree as he shook himself awake. He was hungry, but not tired. He looked around amongst the forest to see large trees, some which he would have dreamed of to be a peaceful land. But at this time it was far from serenity. "I'm.. I'm lost.." He said to himself, mourning the fact. "God, if you are with me, please give me strength." He prayed, then walked towards another opening inside the forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Jessica Awoke from her sleep she realized that's she was at a place she never been before, Jessica was every loss and didn't know where to go or where she was. All that she can see is a lot of trees, Jessica said "Where am I" in a loss face. She got up and she felt lots of back pain, then she started to walk to see if anyone else was here. Jessica went to the upper right of the forest and she said "I am totally lost" she didn't know where to go so she just stated their till some one finds her. Jessica was not in a good mood when she got loss. she had to figure out a way to get out of this forest.

Within the forest, he heard another's voice. It sounded like a mumble, but he heard it. He was surprised by himself that he could've heard it due to his current state, as well as there is another there. "Hello?" He mumbled loudly, walking into a clearing to see a smaller girl, but yet looked the same age. His eyes grew wide as he tried to stand tall, looking down on her. "My.. my name is Joshua..." He said, seeing how she was dressed in a white dress with black decoration. "What's yours?" He asked with a worried face.

"I'm Jessica" she said in a scared voice, she wasn't sure who is was talking to. Jessica said "Do you know whats going on here I never be to this place before" she said in a worried voice.

Joshua noticed her cautious attitude, which he could relate to greatly. "No, I woke up here." He said in reply. "I have no idea how I got here, and on top of that where I was before." He turned around to the forest, then down to his stomach. "Are.. are you hungry?" He asked curiously, moving into sight as he looked down at her, a gentle smile on his face to try and ease tensions.

"I am Hungry and loss and i just woke up too", she said. "I don't remember anything or what I was doing. The only thing I remember is when I woke up and I got lost." She said in a scared way.

Aviva fluttered her eyes open. She was laying on her back on some grass. There were trees all around her and she couldn't remember anything. "Where am I?" She murmured, slowly sitting up and gazing around. Then she stood up and edged into some of the trees. She thought she heard voices and silently crept closer until seeing two people. She watched from the shadows, curious of what was going on, or where she was.

Joshua nodded. "I will, try to.. find something." He stated, not sure on what he would do. He turned to the trees, hearing something below him and looking down. He took a few steps to the right of the girl he noticed, allowing her to remain stealth. "Shh." He whispered to her, looking around as if he commanded Jessica to keep quiet. He soon continued his small forage, trying to find something.

Ayumi woke up as she painfully sat up. Her head hurt a lot and she had no idea where she was. She looked around the forest confused and a bit scared at the same time, the forest seemed to be so dark and looked as if it just kept going on forever and ever. She coughed up some blood on her hands and gasped. "How did I get here?" She said to herself. She started to breath heavily with her teeth chattering quietly. "Help! Is anyone out there!?" She screamed.

Aviva stayed where she was, flinching as she heard a scream nearby. It rustled a bush and she frowned. Luckily the guy had left, and it was just the rather small girl for now. Aviva didn't leave from her from her position however, and just kept watching Jessica, and keeping an ear out for the other two.

Joshua halted in his tracks, shouting out. "We're coming!" He said with a panicked voice. He turned back to Jessica, saying "Someone's in danger, please, come on!" He begged as he ran towards the voice's travel. "Marco!" He shouted out, trying to ease tensions once more with the pained person, by the sound of it a child. "Marco!" He shouted again, traveling through the trees and walking upon a path that seemed forgotten ages ago, barely making his way through the trees due to his size.

Ayumi heard the voice. She looked around the forest hearing the sound of crunching leaves. "Polo?" She said quietly. She couldn't seem to be able to stand up because everything felt numb. She looked around her cautiously and felt as if she hadn't eaten for days or even months! she could hear the rustling sound of tree branches which made her even more scared. She couldn't remember how or when she got in the forest, and she couldn't even remember what happened before that.

Joshua can you tell me whats going on and where we are we she said well she was walking in though forest.

((I don't know what to write because I just got back so i am writing random)0

Joshua frowned. "Well, as far as I know, we're lost in a forest." He muttered, escaping the bushes to see a small girl. He crouched down, smiling gently as he started. "Hi there, my name's Joshua, what's yours?" He said, keeping his distance as he sat down. "I woke up here too, do.." He looked at her current state. "Do you need help?" He offered, pausing with a worried look as he stared at her.

"All I know is that we better find camp before any animals comes around" she said. "We better find A camp so we all can be safe" she said to Joshua.

Aviva followed again and relectulantly slipped out of the shadows and into the open, just behind them all. "Hello." She said. Her voice was soft and calm.

"Calm." Joshua barked slightly. "None of us know eachother, how can you ask such a question?" He asked rhetorically as he kept eye contact on the girl. "Hey.." he said, slowly hobbling over to her step by step. "There's nothing to fear, okay?" He said with a gentle smile, holding his hand out for her.

Ayumi backed away and looked up at the strangers. She could only crawl so she didn't get very far. "I'm uh... Ayumi." She said unsure. She coughed again and shivered. She stayed cautious around the strangers, not knowing if they would hurt her or not. "Your not gonna hurt me are you?" she asked backing away again. She looked up at Joshua waiting for something to happen.

Joshua backed up a little. "Of course not." He said with a calm face. "If you need some alone time, then you can sit there. But don't hurt yourself. Are you hungry?" He asked, standing up and looking at the other two. "Keep her company, don't disappear from this area. I will be right back." He said, then walking away. He stopped at the edge of the clearing, saying "And give her some time." Before disappearing into the forest.

"Don't Worry" she said in a nice voice, she backed away from the girl and she went to sit against a tree. She was very hungry she can even eat a cow. Jessica was mumbling that she need water because she ended up becoming very hot, She didn't want to tell them who she really is so she got up and walked around.

Aviva had merely just blinked in reply to Jessica then edged into the small clearing and sat down Indian style. She was a few feet from the other two, and examined them curiously as well. Then she just looked ahead, all the while, not speaking.

"Umm I will be back I want to see what else is in the forest" she said in a nice voice. Jessica would go father in the forest but not far where the people are. Jessica was trying to get her life that's she don't remember back. However, she only got parts of it. she only saw what she was before she lose her life and ended up in this forest. Jessica walked back to the place were they all were and she said in a nice voice"Do anyone know where Joshua is?".

Every step she has taken, every word she has spoken, every memory her mind has crafted, gone.

“We are nothing without our memories.”

From above, Myranda Allice looked almost angelic; her arms and legs elegantly splayed across a softer patch in the terrain. Her chest rose and dipped slightly, and eyes fluttered beneath her eyelids, as if she were experiencing a terrible nightmare. In fact, she was dreaming that something was eating her mind away, and with every step she took in the dream, another memory was gone. With a shocked gasp, Myranda awoke from her slumber and was instantly disconcerted. One thought was lingering in her bare mind, ‘My name is Myranda Allice. I am 20 years old.’

The awakened girl dared not to move, but to rest against the ground she had laid on, trying to manually induce sleep again, hoping this was just another dream. Instead, Myranda was facing upwards, looking towards the branches of looming trees that formed the canopy of this dreamland. Images in her mind fluttered here and there, runes. Another thought popped up in her mind, this time, a memory. She was writing on her own palm, using some kind of stick and drawing what looked like two lines connecting, making a half-open triangle. Her mind didn’t have to search for a definition or answer- she just knew. ‘Kenaz, the rune to unlock understanding.’ Frantically, she shot up, struggling to find a stick on the ground. When she looked carefully, she found that there were no sticks falling from the giant trees, and basically nothing that resembled the instrument she had been using in her single memory.
IhHFO_TqjiX_pIsEglypn5nvb__-WIOLxjJP9qntQ3Jh7r1eSa5PoPzV7BvoFFib7ZuCNnIhNjMcyA-G2F5dp1SxDBGLryvWHbRRf-kqn9jW1hVKMJK5yMMe1WKdR_o20g=s320

However, Myranda did not let this get in the way of having the sudden urge to write this rune, as if she could unleash her past with it. Coming to a last resort, she traced the form onto her hand, leaving a light-grey trail behind her moving finger. With a flick, she finished the figure, and her hand became impossibly heavy, painful too. She bit her lip, hoping this was just how runes set in. The pain only increased when she tried to find her memories, and soon, it grew exponentially and became excruciating. With a loud cry, she slammed her palm on the ground, and the fire in her hand was extinguished, leaving what was like a burn in her palm.

She found herself extremely tense, as if the rune had placed her in shock. Carefully, she relaxed her shoulders, and resumed the position she had been in earlier, staring up at the majestic branches above. In the back of her mind, she knew she didn’t have the capacity to hold Kenaz, but she was tempted to do otherwise. She would go to extreme places in order to find out why she was placed in this dream, and would do anything to get out.

-as other people were meeting, she was hidden behind a tree-

"Shh I hear something" she said everyone try to stay quiet,"I think somebody else is here We need to see who it is" I will go to see who it is I will be back and I would try not to get loss. Jessica would look for the person that she heard. She was looking all over the place but she couldn't find who was talking Jessica said" Hello is anyone one out there" she said loudly, "I am trying help you".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back