• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Upheaved Tapestries IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

seasonedcat

bloodless
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1675048718444.png1675048803724.pngall it took was an instant for everything you knew to change. Maybe you were awake; maybe you were asleep. It did not matter as a golden light shot down from the heavens and illuminated you. Your body could not move, air trapped in your lungs for just a moment before you vanished from your world. For you, a feeling of your very being torn like a tooth on a string jarred you forward. The light vanished as quickly as it had come for your world, leaving behind only a gust of wind and an empty place.

raw pain jarred your soul as you were torn out of something greater than you, even those who had never felt that sensation before were subject to its fealty. The next breath you took, or the moment you registered, was in new air. For some of you, it was cleaner than you had ever seen in your short existence; for all of you, however, the place you now stood felt regal beyond what you have ever known.

before you, a woman stood before a throne; golden threads shimmered in her grip, each thread leading to each one of your chests. As the light that brought you here faded from around you, so did the threads as she let her hands drop. Gracing you all warmly, "My precious threads, welcome." her perfect voice echoed to you, "I know not one of you comprehends me, so allow me to explain," she added.

"I am Aucttem. The weaver of all that exists, the one who created what you would call gods. The maker of the beginning and end, of all you know and all you would never not. I, who makes all, have summoned each of you here to be before me. You whose fate is left undecided by even me. You have been brought to the center of time as I have a task that only you can complete; those who are unbound from my tapestries. So welcome and behold."

raising her arms up, she smiled down at you, seeming to stop and wait for a reaction before she continued, "the fate of all lies before you, so steel yourselves, my chosen warriors."

It had been a good day so far. Not only did Dana get to explore some of the area surrounding the small town she was using as her 'basecamp', the swordswoman had been able to get some practical combat experience against a few of the hostile creatures that had been lurking around. The things had been challenging enough to warrant caution and the full use of her current abilities, but not to the point where her life was truly in danger. Add in the pleasant climate and the ease that she was able to blend in with the natives, and Dana felt that she had did well in choosing a planet to train on. Sure it was located in a different multiverse than hers or anywhere else the Alliance had a presence, but preliminary scans hadn't revealed anything worrisome about it. Unfortunately for Dana, those scans lacked the capability to detect anything like beings that transcended gods. Not that Dana or anyone from back home would expect such an entity to care much about a visitor who was only going to be there for a few short weeks.

As such it was an utter surprise for the princess that during her walk back to town she abruptly found herself somewhere completely different. Her eyes widened in alarm as she quickly glanced around to take in her new surroundings before turning her attention back to this Aucttem. Listening to her introduction and somewhat vague explanation, Dana frowned in thought. It almost reminded her of the stories she had heard about the destruction of the version of Algo her father's side of the family had hailed from and the rise of the Supreme Darkness before a massive coalition of heroes, gods, and inter-dimensional military forces had destroyed it and scattered its minions. From what the princess remembered from her lessons, everything leading up to that final battle was the result of a conflict between the Tribes of Existence and Void, the two groups responsible for regulating everything that exists in that particular multiverse.

A shiver ran down the warrior's spine as she wondered if there was a counterpart to Aucttem that was opposing her, and if there was were they going to be asked to deal with it or it's proxy? Or was there something entirely different going on? And Dana also wondered why she, an outsider, would have been summoned by an entity such as this. She knew her parents and a few others had a special trait that allowed them to instantly adapt to different realities. Not a big deal in most cases, but did let them safely explore some more exotic realities. However, without there being a way to test to see who had the trait or not besides taking a potentially dangerous trip to a more unusual universe or the like, they had no way of knowing if Dana inherited the trait or not. If she did, perhaps that would have something to do with it? Or was it because of her status as an outsider? The talk of undecided fates and being unbound from a tapestry would make sense for her as she was not from here. Dana had no idea, but perhaps it was worth just asking.

"I have no objections in helping a good cause, but I have to wonder why choose me, a visitor to the realities you control? Is it just because I'm an unknown variable that whatever we are up against couldn't predict, or is there another reason?" Regardless of the answer she received, Dana knew that she was going to end up with one hell of a story to tell her family whenever she managed to get home.

Last edited:
Acquired Data

Designation: DSCSU D-671 MK III V. 5.3

Time: Unknown

Current Objective: Establish Secure Perimeter

Findings:

'It has been a pleasure working with you, Operator...'

D-671 was under the impression those were the last words that it was ever going to hear. Ana, the A.I. assigned to Delta upon his creation, had bid her handler the final farewell. A touch of melancholy upon her fair digital features. She knew why Delta had ventured so far to the north of the planet, where the magnetic storms were the strongest and most dangerous. His system errors were basically playing on loop at this point. Over and over again, bombarding his HUD with red exclamation points that something in his programming was malfunctioning.

He was going against his established directives. It was supposed to have returned to base. Instead, D came here and Ana knew very well why.

Delta had come here to die.

The last of his kind, having pushed long past its expiration date. The inhibitors implanted within his mind were long since unable to put a damper on the rogue thoughts that did not befit a combat unit of his making.

Thoughts of wonder.

Thoughts of anger.

Thoughts of... fear.

Thoughts that proved his combat effectiveness had come to its end.

So 671 decided to give in to just one more erroneous mental process. It wanted to see an aurora. There was a myth spoken among the colonists that the cataclysmic electromagnetic storms at the poles hid the most gorgeous auroras the world had ever seen. The only ones who ever saw it died as a result.

Delta wanted to see. It was going to be decomissioned and recycled once it returned to base anyway. It might as well be rendered permanently inoperable on its own terms.

Such thoughts were undeniable evidence of his rampancy.

The cyborg could only manage a nod to the A.I.'s farewell as his Heads-Up Display continued to be scattered and glitched by the powerful forces swirling just ahead.

Delta fell to his knees and gently laid his rifle across his armored thighs. Weary was the word that came to mind, even though he was not capable of feeling such a way. His optics continued recording as the ion-charged clouds parted to reveal the unit's death. If his eyes could widen, they would have as a tempest of bright, neon lights raged in the lower atmosphere and approached it at alarming speeds. Waves and tendrils of every hue of color danced among the radioactive clouds of ash. So bright that its glow could be seen on Delta's war ravaged armor.

It was beautiful. A harmonius storm of color and death.

Willingly, Delta shutdown its optics.

And then...

Pain.

Delta recoiled in a very instictive, human manner. It was incapable of feeling pain of any kind. How is this sensation, though fleeting, possible? How did D even recognize it as pain? Could the storm have done it? What was...

'Alert!' Ana chimed as Nine's systems rushed back to life. 'Critical Alert! Unknown lifeforms detected! Defensive strategy highly advised!'

Fractions of a second had passed since Delta had been pulled into this new "place" before his cybernetics flared from blue to orange. Grabbing his rifle, the synthetic human leapt backwards, bringing his firearm to bear faster than one could blink.

His aim obviously went to the first thing in its sight. The large, golden lifeform that seemed to have some kind of tether attached to him. Delta quickly swiped at the thread in an attempt to dislodge to no avail. It disappeared as it quickly as it came, leaving D completely and utterly baffled. Not a laser but a thread of light? Yet, it definitely had a physical effect. That wasn't possible.

Every processing system the support unit contained was pushed into overdrive in a way it had never been subjected to before. Quite literally NOTHING made sense. There were other beings in the vicinity that Six had never seen before in its entire years of service. Nothing in the database revealed any relevant information either.

The unknown gold being then began to speak. Mere seconds had gone past but it was enough time for the unit to process that every other being in its immediate vicinity seemed just as jarred as he did. So, while they were threats until proven otherwise, the primary target was the being that introduced itself as Aucttem.

Ana logged the information away under Anamoly Gold A. Delta's decision was then to turn its attention to the creature's words. It's physical movements suggested it was non-hostile but there was much information that was being provided that did not correlate with any known info in archive. Not only did it not correlate, but the being outright suggested to twist the fabric of reality. That it could manipulate space-time at will? With its physical/meta-physical body?

That was... impossible. Millions of calculations were being run simultaneously and all results returned the same. The data being provided was not physically feasible.

Yet... here they were.

A second being then stepped forward to speak. It seemed humanoid in nature. Female. Early adulthood by physical appearance but the creature seemed to somewhat understand their predicament despite asking questions for clarifications.

'Operator, suggested course of action is to priotize data collection. Maintain combat readiness while I analyze the data. It seems they are not an immediate threat at the moment.'

'Copy, Ana. Standing by.'
the synth internally replied.

The combat unit had kept its weapon trained on Anamoly Gold until the female humanoid creature finished asking its questions. It was only then that D decided to relax its shooting stance and take a knee, bringing its rifle to a low-ready position. It was processing all audible auditory information while studying its surroundings as quickly as it was capable of.

seasonedcat seasonedcat YsFanatic YsFanatic

Last edited:
"Quiet day in the marsh...." Gregor Diggs his claw thru the flesh of a dead boar grabbing himself a good chuck of flesh "spirits are silent as well... somethings off" he swallowed the chucnk of flesh and sighed grabbing his staff shaking it "any spirits? Hello!" He growls and hisses "AWAKEN DEAD! HEAD MY WORD!" his tattoos glow faintly before dieing down

He hissed at the sight and packed his gear "the balance is off....." he grabbed his weapon ready to step out before the golden light illumited his surroundings rendering record still unable to comprehend what was happening. In a flash he vanished, and the marsh lands were still

With a thug Gregor hit the floor a rush of pain filled his body as he hissed snapping wildly trying to get his barrings. a deep gut filled growl escaped his maw trying to regain his composure "its like the spirits are clawing my insides!" Gregor thrashed snapping his Jaws allowing the pain to settle in "who... what the hell. Where am i..." he perred over to the two "adventurers? HAY!" He hissed to get there attention

He had noticed the string on his chest and glared at the aucttem "pulling the strings. Literally." He looked at D and Dana looking rather calm and decided not to stir the pot yet. He needed information, as much as he could get. He stepped closer to the two hissing lightly to announce his presence "greetings." He extended a hand

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 YsFanatic YsFanatic seasonedcat seasonedcat

What a successful day, Revna thought while entering the nearest tavern in town.

She managed to help some people in town and pulls their cart for them all day. Their mount broke its leg. Even if it was a sad day for them, it was a good one for the half-blood. The villagers paid her well so she can find a place with a bed to sleep tonight and what is better than the tavern in town ?

As her room is paid for the night, she caress her raven on her shoulders before ordering a beer. The night was going well, as the woman was watching two people chugging their drinks. Others around were cheering. Bets were made and the winner would gain the money. Even if she is taller than most of people here, she finds a way to sneak and observes the people participating. Revna had a few coins left, maybe with this she could win some easy money.

She decides to participate and win the first round, and the second and the third! People love the good show and pay her drinks. The half-blood made a lot of money. Suddenly, someone approach her and put a huge bags of money. Revna's eyes glows with excitement. She never saw so much coins in her entire life! As she sits down, the woman can feel a little dizzy with all the drinks, but she knows she can defeat them.

As they start to chug, Revna vanished. Before realizing it, the halfblood continue to chug her drink and falls on her ass. "I win" She laughs, before letting herself falls down.

When the voice echoes, she sits with her eyes growing. She stays silent observing the Goddess infront of her and her mouth wild open. She is still holding her empty drink tight in her hand. She blinks a few times, looking around at the others, not really speaking. Her face full of questions with an empty mind.

WARNING: Critical Damage Sustained. Immediate System Reboot Required
Initiating System Reboot...

Reboot Successful! Launching Operations

Mammoth Walker, Designation: Safeharbour, came online with a whir and a lurch of aging metal. Its head spun, beaming its spotlight as it scanned for new information. It had rebooted within the interior of an unknown space with a chair against the wall but otherwise featureless. The most notable feature of the room was the air quality measuring to 100%. Safeharbour had never before found such measurements, even before the bombs fell. As such, it disengaged its filtration units.

It possessed no memory of arriving to this space, despite the reboot. Its timekeeping record had also been altered so the change appeared instantaneous. Safeharbour did not know who had sabotaged its memory files, but knew they would need to be rectified as soon as possible.

Safeharbour turned to the five figures surrounded it. Three female humans, one appearing to suffer from oxygen deficient blood but was behaving within acceptable parameters. There was a humanoid figure of ambiguous sex wearing military-grade assault armour holding a firearm. Safeharbour stood straighter. It bore no uniform, therefore it must have been a criminal. Safeharbour possessed no criminal database or detainment capabilities, so it stood on alert instead. The last figure appeared of reptilian descent suffering from long-term birth defects caused by radiation. It possessed the ability to speak, and offered greetings to two others.

By this point, only the female human had introduced themselves as Aucttem, who had additionally deluded themselves into believing they were a deity. Safeharbour possessed little knowledge of religion outside the teachings of Doctor Helianthus, however it knew the possibility of one speaking to Safeharbour was functionally zero.

It paused, waiting for Aucttem to continue before interjecting.

Designation: Safeharbour
Air Filtration: Operative
Atmosphere Quality: 100%
Water Reservoir: Operative
Global Position: Unlisted
Power Nexus: Disconnected
Core Failure In: 140 days

Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat

Safeharbour.jpg

Dawa Tsukomo

1675192592764.png

It was instantaneous, in one moment Dawa Tsukomo stood surrounded by a horde of the evil and corrupted, cleaving his blade across each of the minions and vanquishing them, spraying the soil with their putrid and dismantled forms. Yet they never ceased, for each one he slayed, 10 more would appear, restless and unrelenting. Then the next instant he stood in unknown territory, the awful scent had disappeared and the burning air seized yet his heart rate only rose.

Dawa observed himself, no longer coated in the remains of the slain, while his environment seemed peaceful. "An illusion? What trickery is this?!" Dawa cried out in confusion, yet his attention slowly returned to his brilliant blade, "so this is not an illusion... then where do I stand?" the warrior questioned once more. It was then he noticed the golden thread attached to his chest leading to the hands of a divine being alongside several more from odd individuals that stood near him.

The threads disappeared and the divine being spoke. At first Dawa did not have any words to say, but soon his mind was clouded with visions of his home. Dawa slowly sheathed the blade, before facing Aucttem. "I apologize, but I have an unfinished duty back in my realm, please grant me passage back home." He spoke bowing his head slowly and keeping it down for a bit before raising it once more. He did not acknowledge the presence of the others for his attention lied only on returning home.

╭ ┉ ◸▿▿ ▿▿◹┉ ╮
Manu
╰ ┉ ◺▵▵▵◿ ┉ ╯
Untitled88_20230201020946.png
Interaction: Solirus Solirus || Mention: seasonedcat seasonedcat
Bark exploded above Manu’s head, scattering into a shower of burnt splinters. The smell of lightning sizzled through the air, so thick that she could taste it on her tongue.

The pursuing mage readied another, but Manu was quick. She dropped down close to the leaf-littered ground and crashed through the underbrush like a feral beast. It went against her 'people learning' but she hoped Quin wouldn’t mind. Thinking back on it now sent a shiver of fear through her chest.

Quin had told her that if they were caught, she wouldn’t be able to return. Little did he know how true those words were. For as Manu fled behind cover a light enveloped her and stole her away from this world.
°。°。°。°。°。​

The reflex to curl up in a ball overpowered Manu, but she found herself unable to move. Reduced to her most base instincts as she was, even the ability to growl or shriek had been robbed from her. All she had now were her thoughts.

Manu had many memories of pain, though they were hazy and none of them had words. Pain was flashes of red and gold. It was shiny things stuck in her feathers. It was the clatter of links slinking around her throat. Now in her mind she could feel the new meanings latching on.

'It hurts…' she thought, 'It is my fault…'

Just as she began to wonder if this would be yet another eternal sleep, Manu awoke.

The lights still left an afterglow in her eyes, so she covered them with a clawed hand and huddled in the shadow of her woollen cloak. She could hear people talking, and was thankful that she was still in her humanoid illusion. She pulled her wings further under the folds and felt her feathers ruffle from the rough fabric. It was irritating, but being near people meant hiding her wings.

There was also something else in this new space, a sensation in the air so strong it made Manu almost choke. She dared to poke her head out of her bundled cloak and glanced at where she knew the source to be. A shudder ran across her body when she saw it, a primitive instinct that could only occur upon seeing an apex predator. Even so, there was something even more powerful than this fight or flight response.

When Manu laid her eye upon Aucttem, the fangs of hunger sank deep in her gut -- no, her very being. It made her claws dig into the marble floor and caused a small growl to escape between her teeth. The being stood so serenely among them was something more than magic and hex.

Her head swam with muddy memories, shifting too quickly to make out the details. It was like trying to remember a dream that slipped farther from your fingers the more you tried to grasp it. Manu had experienced it often since she awoke, much to her frustration and confusion. Why was this so familiar? Manu let out a whimper.

Already starved from her centuries of hibernation, she knew that she should eat the goddess needed to eat something but she had just enough sense to know that she would die it had to be something else. A substitute.

Everything up until now had been a substitute. She knew this now.

Manu paused for a moment and realized that she had been crouched down on all fours and staring blankly at Aucttem with her one good eye. It was the stance of a prowling beast, not a person. Manu quickly stood up, hearing little of the goddess' words and understanding even less. She gulped loudly, her mouth full of water and her gut full of thorns. She had to find a substitute before this hunger drove her insane.

She turned to glance at the others nearby. They shone brightly, yet even so there were a few who shimmered like newborn stars in her vision. That was when her eye laid upon something very similar to Aucttem, something that was more her size, so to speak. He was a man in oddly shaped plates she remembered was called 'armor' but it looked so different from the knights she had seen.

His attention was turned to the strange woman, giving Manu a clear look at the 'stick' tied around his waist. Even while covered in a sheath, Manu could see the energy that pulsed around it and like little fireflies dancing around her vision. It was the closest thing she could see that compared to the goddess, and for now it would have to do. The hunger was growing by the second, and she wasn't sure if she could hold it in anymore.

Manu crept up to the bowing man, her eyes locked on her target. He didn't seem to be paying much attention to those around him, so Manu kept to his blind spots as if stalking a beast.

So hungry was she that she completely forgot her manners. Quin had painstakingly taught her that things belonging to other people should not be touched without permission, but those lessons were forgotten as she extended a clawed hand toward the sheath.

Acquired Data

Time: Unknown - 4 Minutes Elapsed Since GOLD Event

Current Objective: Secure Perimeter - Collect Data

Findings:

' I've compiled the data on every visible organism within Anamoly Gold's Headquarters. Designation: Aucttem. Maintain combat readiness and initiate localized bio-scans on the unknown organisms when it is feasible according to UWC directives.'

'Copy.'

It was an utterly impossible scenario that Delta had found itself in. Yet, it had no choice but to abide by the shaky-at-best parameters set before them by Anomaly Gold. The alternative was to potentially go against every unknown lifeform in the HQ. There were far too many uncertain variables for the android to follow that choice. So, it chose to play along for now. At least until Six could collect more data and come to a better strategical decision.

His optics were not visible underneath his armored helmet but they had darted to the approaching lifeform on his left.

'Unknown organism has breached established distance for unit's personal safety. Calculations suggest probability for successful evasion are rapidly dropping for every inch closer the lifeform is. Putting distance and reestablishing acceptable parameters is highly advised, Operator.'

The calculations and strategy had been run before the creature had even lifted its scaled foot to take another step past acceptable distance for the support unit. Yet, D-671 did not leap back as suggested by Ana. Instead, he stood from his kneeling position and took one step back, planting his foot firmly behind himself. The grip on his rifle automatically tightened as the probability of successful evasion continued to tank into the digital abyss.

It extended a clawed hand towards the unit and spoke the word, "Greetings." A gesture D often saw the colonists engage in. It could mean several different things judging by previously acquired data but the creature's utterance suggested that it was just that. A gesture of greetings.

A "handshake".

Delta's head tilted downward several degrees as he stared at the organism's extended appendage. He then looked back up to the creature's "face" and back down to its "hand" several times before ultimately settling on the scaled hand.

Delta's head then tilted slightly to the right in a quizzical manner. Ignoring the blaring warnings issued by his HUD about compromised safety, Nine lifted his left hand from his rifle and inched it slowly to the giant scaled creature's but he did not grasp it. Rather than complete the ritual, a soft blue light burst from the robot's hand. It engulfed the creature's appendage in its light glow for a moment before a lighter blue grid pattern slowly swept it up and down.

The bio-scan normally takes a few seconds but this was a whole different lifeform that nobody on Earth had ever seen before. Nowhere in the UWC database had a creature of such... otherworldliness ever been recorded in human history. So the scan ended up taking about 30 seconds before fully completing.

"Bio-Scan complete" Delta's digital vibrato rang out for the first time since being brought to this place. Most of the creature's DNA matched the data of animals called "Reptiles" on D's planet. They were the second-to-last species that went extinct, outlasted by insects.

The molecular structure of the creature was still recognizable. There were no foreign or unknown elements save for one. A completely unknown.... energy? The scan picked something up that was a complete anomaly to the combat unit. An energy source outside of metabolism byproducts.

In conclusion, it was a sentient, erect, bipedal, cold-blooded reptilian capable of speech, higher intelligence, and socialization. It also contained an anomalous source of energy that appeared to operate separately from traditional metabolic functions.

Only two seconds had passed by since the blue light dissipated and Delta neatly compiled the information into a new category in his personal database. It was only then that the cyborg looked back up to the creature's face and gave him a light nod of acknowledgement, returning his hand to his rifle without shaking the large reptile's extended one.

drunkcayless drunkcayless

Last edited:
Dana glanced over with some surprise when Gregor offered greetings. She had assumed introductions would occur later, so it took a brief moment for her mind to switch tracks and prepare a response. But as she started to extend her hand to shake the lizard man's, her spiritual sense picked up some odd movement. Her facial expression shifted from a pleasant one to something a bit more serious as she turned to see what the source of the movement was.

Thus the princess found herself observing a strange humanoid wreathed in a large number of feathers approaching a man akin to a predator stalking their prey. Frowning, Dana made her way over to them and reached out to lightly lay her fingers on Manu's arm before they could grab the sword at the man's waist. She didn't say anything, simply raising an eyebrow in a silent question of 'what do you think you are doing?'

Gregor pulled back his hand and let out a deep growl infused laugh "I see, lizard folk and all so scary for you adventurers eh?" His grip on his staff tightens gently swaying the skull tied to the tip causing it to rattle every few seconds "what was that blue light just now? Detect magic? Or some new spell. Come to think if it I've never seen armor like this before." He tail dragged across the floor as he made himself comfortable trying to figure out what Delta was.

The armor was crafted perfectly, the glow in his chest piece tho... magic? Soul rocks? Ushualy adventurers use runes. He had so many questions about this creature "What faction are you from? Because I've never seen...." he gestures to all of delta "this kind of armor"

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

NATUUL
Natuul had followed the mechas all the way into the Forest of Uttu. She had tracked them for days now, expecting them to lead her to another base for her to raze to the ground and destroy what looked like attempts to fuse her people’s life blood into their machines. By the looks of the mechas in front of her…they had succeeded. These contraptions were much smaller than the typical ones the Star People used for war, but she could sense the am’tok within that seemingly was held within the network of pipes inlaid in the machine and their weapons. Watching the mechas even gain access to the Forest of Uttu gave Natuul a feeling of dread deep in her chest, for only those of Aeiya were allowed safe passage. Uttu was the home of the One Fountain, the single most concentrated amount of magic in the entire land, and the forest here did not need to be controlled by a Warden to defend itself. The trees themselves were sentries that would bash and strangle any enemy that dare approached, and even the magic itself had adverse effects on the fleshy bodies of the Star People. She had seen their bodies wither and age in seconds, their own life being sucked dry and leaving only blue husks of skin and bone. If they had found a way to meld the magic and their machine…Natuul feared that this was the end.

Biting back that fear, the giantess pressed on with silent footsteps, slipping into the dark gloom of Uttu. The beautiful flora that lit the path with their bioluminescence had a path traipsed through it compromised of trampled and dying plants that Natuul angrily invigorated with life as she walked by so they surged back to their former glory. She moved with a surprising grace that was unexpected of her stature and size as she followed the humans deeper and deeper into the forest. If she had a heart, it would be pounding in her chest.

She finally approached the clearing and quickly got into a crouch as she peered out. Just like she expected, the humans were gathering around the fountain with a variety of tools, and even if she didn't know their intentions, she knew she could not allow them to steal even more of her land's magic. She urged the ancient roots beneath the earth to surge up, forming a towering wall that shoved the mechs backwards and separated them from the fountain. She quickly summoned a vine that curled around her wrist and sent her flying upwards, just in time to avoid the flurry of bullets that flew thick in the air where she had stood moments ago. She hovered in the air for a moment before fortifying her long claws with magic and hurling downwards, slamming into the middlemost mech, her claws shattering the front panel and driving through the individual inside. Without a moment's hesitation she pulled her now red arms free and summoned a root to wrap around the mech suit and hold it as a shield while simultaneously urging the long grass and various plants to ensnare the legs and weapon of the mecha she was now facing. The mech suit had been utilized at the perfect time, for Natuul could hear the impact of the blast from the mech behind it as she charged at the other one, her horns down. They found purchase in the same weak spot of the suit and were driven home right through the human's body upon her impact with a tree with a crunch.

With a heave of her body, she wrenched her horns free of the bark and send the now limp mecha toppling to the side. She whirled around to face her last opponent only to meet a blast head on and tore through her side. Wardens felt a pain from major bodily damage to an extent, but this was feeling was excrutiating. Was it because it was her own magic yet tainted? Her own am’tok seeped out to repair the wound but it was far slower than usual and Natuul felt weak as she clutched the wound and attempted to leap out of the way of the next blast. It caught her in her left leg, and the Warden was sent tumbling into the grass. She lay still, her head swimming with pain and her senses dulled, yet she could feel the mecha approaching her. Natuul made a feeble attempt to summon the wall of roots to lurch towards her, extending just enough protection to protect her from the upcoming blast. While smoke billowed around the burning bits of wood and momentarily obscured her, a root encircled her waist and dragged her towards the fountain. In her woozy state, she noticed the human's hesitation to shoot in the direction of the fountain which gave her enough time to pull herself in. The sudden rush of powerful magic hurt more than her injuries but she could feel her body healing exponentially faster. Her leg was in the process of being mended when the mecha began wading in the fountain, it's weapon pointing to her head. She was suddenly aware of other beings, and for a moment her hopes lifted until she realized the beings emerging from the tree line weren't her kin...only other mechas with the same tech as the one before her.

She could feel the Mother's hopes dying too, a sensation that was so depressive and heavy that Natuul felt her body sag and surrender. Was this the feeling her kin felt before knowing for certain death was imminent and sacrificing themselves was the greater good? As the gun in front of her charged with a fierce blue light, Natuul felt for the am’tok within and around her, feeling its energy hum within her being and begin to gather it....

She grew aware of a different light, golden light. Time seemed to move slow around her as she gazed up, seeing a glint of gold piercing the canopy ahead, shining like a star in the darkness of the forest. She was aware of another presence...much like the presence of the Mother but very different and even more intense. Before she realized what was happening, the thread made contact with her and Natuul bellowed as everything around her collapsed and vanished. She felt weightless and then like her body was being pulled in every single direction simultaneously. Her chest burned like nothing she had ever felt before and her vision only saw streaks of gold and white until it all stopped at once and Natuul was left laying on an unfamiliar surface. The Warden didn't breathe, but for some reason her body was heaving and shaking as she scrambled to her feet and backed up away from the various and strange figures surrounding her. The fountain had not only healed her but left her flowing with life, but there was absence. The presence of the Mother that had been present the entirety of Natuul's life was completely gone. Natuul swiped at the golden thread but her claws went through it without a hint of disturbance, only fueling her growing anger as the reality of her situation settled in. Her eyes followed the thread to the figure at the center of the room that was wreathed in golden light. Natuul knew a godlike presence better than most, but why had she been taken away from hers? She tried listening to what the figure was saying, but her head was swimming and she couldn't get over her disbelief, and even more so when she registered the creatures around her. There wasn't a single word in her language to even begin to describe these things, save what appeared to be a Star Person stripped of its suit. When she saw the giant machine, however, Natuul immediately got into a defensive crouch. She saw it's spotlight hover over the group and when it reached her, she tensed up ready to leap. However, the spotlight moved past her and the machine merely stood there without even baring a weapon. Natuul stayed where she was, her whole body tense, yet nothing happened.

What was going on? She saw a figure in some golden metal approaching the goddess and conversing with her, and even if she couldn't understand what it was saying, she heard the tone of what could only be urgency. They must be all experiencing the same levels of confusion she was feeling, and this goddess was obviously the cause of it. Perhaps the golden-plated being was smart in contesting the goddess. Natuul crept towards the front of the room, giving everyone a wide berth and making sure she never turned her back to the giant machine that was still standing still. She stood a bit too close to what now appeared to be a soldier for her liking, but she finally turned to the golden woman and did the customary bow her people did when blessing the Mother and spoke in her language.

"Great Mother, I do not understand how I belong here...I was meant to die in battle. I request that I am sent back to fulfill this duty." Her words died off as she saw a tiny creature slinking towards them, its eyes focused intently on the golden soldier's weapon. While the golden-plated being was clearly a soldier, she had no idea what this other being was or why it was apparently attempting to...steal? Or was it some custom of it's kin...or were they kin themselves despite looking nothing like each other? Natuul was still as she pondered, but thankfully the human female made her way over and apprehended the other creature with a mere touch on her arm. The gesture immediately made Natuul perk up, for that was something she was familiar with! Natuul reached out both of her hands on the arm of the human female and the possibly would-be-thief and sent a pulse of her am’tok within each of them. She tilted her head in confusion, for she didn't feel a trace of the Mother within them as she read the other two, and their language was extremely different from what she was used to. As she slowly gained the knowledge, conversations in the room started becoming coherent instead of strange sounds. The words still had no meaning...what was a lizard folk? Or a armor? Natuul clacked her jaw in confusion and removed her hands from the individuals before her as she juggled the strange new language in her mouth before speaking.

"What...creatures you?" The Warden said in a deep and garbled tone as she stared at the figures in front of her.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
╭┉ ◸▿▿▿▿◹ ┉╮
Manu
╰ ┉ ◺▵▵▵◿ ┉ ╯
Untitled88_20230201020946.png
Interaction: Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic slim slim || Mention: N/A
Manu couldn’t help but hiss and try to bite Dana when her arm was grabbed. Whether or not this was successful, she pulled her hand away and shuffled backwards from the apparent attacker. Manu gave pause, her brow furrowed in thought.

The one who had grabbed her seemed to be a woman, at least that’s the way she looked. She didn’t quite smell human, like blood had been mixed, but as for what that could be Manu couldn’t tell. Regardless of purity, Manu wasn’t allowed to eat humans except for bad ones. Right now, she wasn’t sure what was what. Still, when in doubt she was supposed to assume that they were 'good humans' and were not to be eaten.

“I is sorry. Need food. Hungry.” Manu croaked, her voice laced in desperation.

She once again reached for Dawa’s sword, more aggressively this time. The time for stealth had passed, and now she was only focused on eating the god-essence. If only she could climb on something. Frustrated, Manu tried hopping up to grasp at the sword’s sheath with little success. Beneath the cloak, her tangled wings flapped uselessly.

Between one of her hops, something else touched her. Manu felt a strange magic in the air, and rounded on the source. The thing that had touched her was not a human, but a plant… one that radiated with a potent magic not too different from the tall-armor-man’s sword.

Manu stopped her jumping.

Unlike animals, which were case specific, plants were free game for Manu to eat. At least, that is what Quin had taught her. There were many strange magical herbs that grew in the forests of her home, so the fact that this one walked around in a vaguely humanoid form did not occur to Manu as being odd. Even when it asked a question, Manu didn’t think much of it beyond the joy of finding something to quell her hunger.

“Food...” she muttered.

Just as the word was uttered, Manu pounced for Natuul. There wasn’t any plan or technique behind the lunge, only a blind attempt to sink her fangs into the strange plant.

Dawa Tsukomo

1675373872322.png

Dawa's worried state left him oblivious, unaware of the would be perpetrator reaching for the weapon, even when stopped by another. He was waiting patiently for a response from Godly presence known as Aucttem.

It was then the rather loud sounds of the winged creature desperatley trying to reach up into the sky that drew forth Dawa's attention. The small creature was unusual, it's eyes were clearly starved, it wanted something. Then Dawa saw the creature turn to face a certain direction, staring at what he assumed as a spirit of the forests. Wise and powerful, but slain as evil flooded the world. Had one of them survived? Dawa questioned for a second, a second of hesitation as from his peripheral vision he saw the winged creature lunge at the spirit of the forests.

Dawa violently twisted his body to face the winged creature and in a moment of panic leapt towards it, his arm swung, grappling it. Yet he had thrown himself and in a split second decision kept turning his body from the swing toward the ground and with his free hand used his strength to propel him upwards and over the spirit, preventing any harm from reaching the spirit. Dawa then landed on the other side on his feet quickly lifting up the winged creature. Looking at it's eyes more clearly, the signs of hunger now were more apparent than ever yet he did not see any evil emanating from the creature as he did on the servants back home.

Dana was quick to pull her hand from Manu's snapping jaws, the magitech on her shield reacting to her instinctive thoughts to fly from her back and attack to her left arm. For the briefest of moments she thought she was going to have to defend herself, a surprising development as the explanation they had been given so far indicated that they were all supposed to be allies. But then the winged creature turned and went to lunge at the plant being that had just touched both of their arms instead.

Stifling the urge to curse, the princess started to move to put herself between the two, ready to use her Laconian shield to stop Manu's attack. However the tall swordsman was in a better position to react and was not only able to grab the winged one, but also put some distance between themselves and the plant being in a display of surprising agility. Just in case the hungry one got free Dana moved to put herself between Natuul and the tall man holding Manu with her shield at the ready while her bracers also increased gravity's hold on her, increasing her stability a bit. Glancing back at the plant woman over her shoulder, she asked a simple "Are you OK?" The princess hadn't seen any injury being inflicted, but she also had no idea what kinds of abilities any of these people had and thus couldn't rule out the possibility that something had happened.

The strangers were behaving violently. Another few had appeared into the room. Safeharbour had assumed all geofold terminals were offline, ye the nature of their sudden appearance suggested otherwise. A small female human suffering from similar animal-related birth defects lunged between others.

Safeharbour spent a moment to register the samurai's appearance. It resembled a Dragon-Class Walker, yet was twice as tall and lacked any robotic features. Safeharbour's knowledge of history was extremely limited, though it remembered seeing a suit of similar armour in the National Museum of Eastern Conflict. There was a chance, small as it may be, that this figure had also suffered from a radiation-induced birth defect, yet had managed to stabilise their genome and only affect their height and weight. That was the most likely explanation so it was the one Safeharbour logged.

The Bird-Entity spoke of food and hunger. Safeharbour carried no human food, but had processed bird feed months ago and still held it within a chute in its arm. Safeharbour dispensed a pile of 300 grams of bird seed into its open palm and approached the Bird-Entity.
"Food." Safeharbour's voice was soft yet artificial. They had been programmed to speak without the harsh syllables of artificial speech patterns, instead transitioning smoothly between sounds. Safeharbour extended the massive hand towards the Bird-Entity.

Designation: Safeharbour
Air Filtration: Operative
Atmosphere Quality: 100%
Water Reservoir: Operative
Global Position: Unlisted
Power Nexus: Disconnected
Core Failure In: 140 days

Safeharbour.jpg
Interactions: Juju Juju

Last edited:
NATUUL
Unfortunately, it seemed that she had not yet fully grasped the language of these entities, for no one seemed to understand her. Natuul hesitated for a moment, letting the knowledge absorb a bit more before she attempted again. She sensed the smaller of the creatures turning its attention towards her, and Natuul could not decipher it's gaze, only that it was looking at her exactly like it had the golden-plated being's weapon. The giantess didn't have a weapon or single trinket that even compared to the shiny weapon belonging to the taller gold individual, so what was so captivating to the little beast? The longer she looked at it, the more it began to resemble istkis, the fluffy creatures that grazed in the lowlands of Aeiya. Wardens didn't believe or understand the concept of pets, but itskis were the closest thing to such and when the tiny creature in front of her suddenly leapt at her, the Warden was delighted. Natuul immediately held out her arms gleefully to accept the creature, not even perceiving or feeling the threat, but a whirlwind of motion occurred in a mere second. A golden blur flew through the air and in a mere second, the little creature was gone and dangling from the golden-plated being's grip. The female Star Person had also took it upon themselves to position herself in front of Natuul and separate her from the creature as well with the use of some metal plate. The female turned back to look at Natuul and asked her if she was.. OK. Natuul clacked her jaw in annoyance at the woman. "Was fine! Why take?" Natuul huffed as she moved to the right around the woman, her eyes glued to the dangling creature. However, Natuul noticed the large metal robot suddenly moving towards the group and she quickly ducked back to stand behind the woman once more, deciding that the fleshy human was clearly the lesser evil in this situation. She watched warily as it held out what seemed to be seeds to what these people thought was her assailant.

"Natuul will be very, very OK if Star Person kills machine." The Warden said in a much lighter and friendlier tone to the female in front of her.

coded by weldherwings.

Acquired Data

Time: Unknown - 8 minutes after Gold Event

Current Objective: Gather Additional Data

Findings:

"Adventurer?" The cyborg replied with another curious tilt of the head.

'Referring to a person who travels the world in pursuit of discovery and often danger. Synonymous with pilgrms, pathfinders, or vagabonds.' Ana chimed in.

Delta then shook his head curtly, "This unit is not designated with such directives or monikers. This unit's title is 'Combat Support'."

Six watched the large repitilian humanoid with an equal amount of intrigue, though it could not be seen behind his helmet. The creature was massive. D was not intimidated by large beings as his assault variant siblings and assault class mechs dwarfed him in size, weight, and firepower. But it was his first time seeing a biological organism of such magnitude. Especially that anomalous source of....

'Magic?'

" Magic?"

Delta and Ana spoke the question simultaneously though Delta's was obviously aloud. For all of their processing power and capability to run millions of minute calculations in fractions of a second, there was no processing implant that could have calculated that word. Spoken as if it was a matter-of-fact as opposed to something out of an Old World children's story book.

It took only a moment for the cybernetic soldier to realize that the beast was not being facetious. It was a genuine question.

"This unit was created, manufucatured, and trained by the United Western Coalition. All directives are received by the UWC." he replied to the faction question.

Delta then looked down to the armor the "Reptilian Anomaly" was referring to. It was the standard issue Helios Combat Armor given to all DSCSUs upon reaching combat effective status. His directives directly forbade Delta from giving out information to enemy forces and it was a directive he would follow without hesitation. As he always has.

However, it was not clear that this creature was to be considered hostile. No, if the words of Anomaly Gold were to be taken at face value.... this creature, along with all the others at Anomaly Gold HQ were all from different universes. A concept that was technically known in his world but never able to be measured before the Collapse.

So, it was not against UWC directives. Technically.

"Reaver Synthetic Ballistic Body Mesh." The synth answered, pointing to the dark hexagonal material in the gaps of his armor. "Capable of withstanding low amounts of small arms fire."

Next, he pointed to the section of his armor that protected his torso, "Delta Series Combat Support Standard Issue MK II Full Intergration Helios Combat Armor. Able to withstand sustained small arms fire and single digit armor piercing rounds."

It only took a glance to realize that what D had just explained was equally as lost on him as the concept of magic was on Delta. Even the colonists couldn't keep up with the technical jargon of their equipment unless they were specially trained.

"It is powerful armor that is difficult to destroy." the digital vibrato of his voice explained. With a light wave of his hand, he gestured to the obvious signs of wear and tear on all parts of his person. The armor had surface level cracks, scorch marks, dents, gashes, scratches, and even pieces broken off around the edges/corners. It had seen 9 years of non-stop, hellish battlefields. While its integrity had been repaired before, it had not seen any meaningful care in the last 3 years. Only critical damage that would effect combat effectiveness had been repaired by Delta himself.

Yet, it was clear that the armor still held firm and was far from breaking. It had never failed the support unit. None of his equipment ever did. That's why he never switched it out for fresh gear.

That was when the flash of movement happened among the others transportees. Delta had been passively observing while he spoke with the scaled giant and once the situation escalated to physical action, D-671 did as well.

Immediately, Delta's blue glow went to orange and the cyborg brought his rifle to bear with cold-steel precision. He bolted past the bone-clad reptile and rushed to the aid of the only other mechanized unit in the HQ. It looked similar to the Loaders from the Colony. Meant only for labor and assisting the colonists in day-to-day activities. They were loved by the community and as such, Delta established them as an important existence to the colony and protected them with the same fervor that he would any of the civilians. This unit was clearly not one of those Loaders but it was the closest thing D-671 had to something familiar in very unfamiliar territory.

The combat unit came to an abrupt halt beside the pseudo-loader class robot keeping his rifle trained on the human female with the shield as she was the only one actively holding a combat-ready stance. Though it seemed in defense of the other brown-green creature behind her. The Loader had tried to feed the Avian Anomaly and therefore, Delta designated it as a non-hostile. The assault-mech-sized humanoid was holding the Avian creature aloft but did not seem to do the creature any harm. It's hold on the creature was far to cautious and gentle for that.

So while Delta's crosshairs stayed on the human female, he was speaking to the humanoid giant, "Release the Avian organism." His voice hummed loud and clear.

Judging by Ana's previously collected data, the creature's physical appearance and seemingly desperate actions, the care the giant humanoid seemed to be taking and the Loader Mech's actions, Delta reached what seemed to be the most logical conclusion at the time with the available information to him.

"The creature is hungry." his electronic voice explained to the opposing group of unknowns. "The mechanized Loader class unit is attempting to feed it. Probability of the Avian lifeform's erratic behavior decreasing will rise exponentially once it has been given sustenance."

'Analyzing all physical movements of potential hostiles. All systems ready for combat with unknown organisms. Fire when ready, Operator.'

slim slim jmann jmann YsFanatic YsFanatic Solirus Solirus Juju Juju drunkcayless drunkcayless

Last edited:
Looking at the inside of her drink and noticing there is nothing left, Revna put the jar in a gently manner on the ground before deciding to raise on her feet.

It's clumsy since the titanborns is still feeling dizzy and drunk. A lot of questions comes into her mind right now. What was happening ? Where was she ? Who were this people with weird clothes ? Who is that lady who just spoke to them? Was she dead? Did she pass out at the tavern and was dreaming? Why these people are fighting each other? Why is the Lady who brought them here let this happen?

She grabs her long sword and put the tips into the ground. She lays on it, so it helps her stand on her feet without falling. She lets out a sigh, only this took her a lot of energy. She observes the others without understanding what is really happening and not wanting to really gets into that. It wasn't her place at all. But they all seems different, not from her world. Which was.. strange. Eveything here feel strange actually. She couldn't sense her Titans at all.

Her raven stands on her shoulder and let's out a scream. Revna shakes her head. "Argh. I'm fine, don't worry. I won't fight. Only using my sword cause the ground is walking."

The half-blood did what she was doing best... waiting, watching and listening to what was happening in front of her. After all, she was not in position to fight anyone right now.

Ballistic body mesh, helios combat armor,UWC? All these words dumbfounded him. The way he described it was as if an artificer had created some new machenical device. He connected it to some sort of new gear contraption. It's still something new, a robot? Or a man.... he had more questions then answers and Gregor has hungry for information. It seams that Delta had business else were tho. "For a later time I guess" a slight pat on his side and he picked out a skin sack filled with his favorite drink. Spiced mead, something he was able to take from the dead adventures that invaded his land.

He looked at his cursed skull and rattled it seeing if the spirits would come but none had awswered. He felt lonely, abandoned, alionated. She shoot his head and hissed "temporary problem. Temporary solution." He glaced around the room spooting the comotion and shrugged thr mead would be his only solice for now

Afew swigs down and he spotted revna "odd.... a familiar stench on her" he kept his hand on his donkys jaw waking over "were do you hail from stranger" with a thud he had sat himself beside her

Evisamora Evisamora

There was a blink of surprise from Dana at what Natuul said before she glanced back at where the seemingly feral humanoid was be held. "It leaped at you like a predator would after saying it was hungry. Seemed pretty obvious to me that it was going to try to eat you." The surprise turned into disbelief when the plant woman then asked her to attack the machine that was now trying to feed Manu. A quick shake of her head signaled her refusal before Dana even started speaking again. "There's no reason for me to do that. Doesn't look like a combat model and furthermore, appears to be trying to feed... her? It?"

She wanted to say more, but when the purple-haired woman turned her full attention back to the situation with feathered person, hoping that it was being resolved, she found that there was a gun pointed at her. Dana didn't know if it was an android, someone in power armor, or something else, but she didn't worry about it as her training kicked in and she raised the shield a bit higher to help protect some of her facial area in case she was shot at. When the gun-toting figure made its request and announcement, Dana's brow furrowed in thought. If it was trying to peacefully resolve the situation, then why the hell was it pointing a gun at her when all she was doing was holding up a shield. It was at this point she realized that not only where things getting increasingly messy, but that they could very easily erupt into violence if someone made the wrong move. Something needed to be done to defuse things, quickly.

Taking a slow deep breath to calm her nerves, Dana then started to slowly lower the shield and shift into a more relaxed stance. If the figure lowered his gun, she would have her shield return to her back. She was tempted to speak as if she was dealing with a diplomat or someone else she wanted to be careful to avoid insulting, but realized that it was possibly a futile thing to do as she had no idea about any of the cultures the others were from. Thus she opted to continue speaking with her normal manner and hope like hell people would listen. "Hey, people, I'm hoping you all agree that it would be better if things don't turn violent. So how about instead of this standoff we try to deal with the feathered one's hunger and then get back to hopefully finding out more about this situation Aucttem wants us to deal with? If what the big guy offering her doesn't work, I've got some dried fruit and a few odds and ends. Does anyone else have anything they could offer if needed?"

Revna didn't notice Gregor until he spokes to her. She eyes the guy with a serious face before smiling. "Stranger?" She laughs. "You can call me Revna."

As she hears the voice of the purple-haired woman speak, it gets Revna's attention for a few seconds. Actually, she stares at the other woman, but then her raven screams bringing her back to Gregor. "Oh, I am sorry.. I am from Hegoth. Are you a titanborn too?" She flashes her fangs to the one who sat beside her.

Revna sat next to him, leaning on her sword cause if not she feels like she would fall down.

He eyed the crow studying it for a second before responding "I am lizardfolk. I hail from the black marsh lands. I've heard of you half giants before. Taken down a few before."

He watched her swaying, "she's drunk. Could easily fix but I only have limited supplies" the tough ran thru his head as he opened his satchel crushing some dried leaves and dusted it up a small bowl "here. The scent will cute your intoxication."

Evisamora Evisamora

The raven doesn't do anything special excepts moving its head a little on the left.

"Why?" Revna looks at Gregor suspiciously. "My kind loves to fight, but they don't kill unless it's for eating or in defense. They don't usually leave our homeworld because they don't want that kind of troubles." She looks down at her hands with a sad expression.

Home. Revna doesn't know when she'll be back.

She looks down at the bowl, and she feels like throwing up with the smell already. Not sure what to do with it, she takes it. "Do I have to eat this?" She asks the tall lizard. "Souldn't we give it to..." She points at the others, searching for Manu. Not that Manu isn't visible, but Revna is too drunk to remember who is hungry.

"They invaded my home......Like most adventures do and I fight back" the pause on home it sounded empty, like someone was trying to mask the loneliness in the tone "always looking for quick coins in there guilds and such" he watches the other group argue

"Smell it. If you feel like puking it's working, keep going till the smell stops. And I think that creature eat something else besides herbs. I could try to make something they like but it'll take time."

He shuffles thru the sack till he found a ruby. He dug his claw into the center traceing a random rune "so. Your an adventurer right?"

Evisamora Evisamora

Users who are viewing this thread

Back