• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Upheaved Tapestries IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
"Oh." Revna blinks and sniff the bowl. That smell is too strong for her nose so she grimaces.

Then, she put it down and she starts looking in her pockets. "Ah. I see. Some exiled. I am sorry for your home."

When she finally found what she is looking for, she pulls out a small bag and gives it to Gregor. "Some coins from Hegoth. You shall come visit and see we are not all like them." She smiles.

She grabs the bowl again and grimaces. She'll be stuck with that smell in her nose for a while. "Define adventurer, vinr."

He held the bag in his can chuckled "its been a long time since I felt a sack of coins" carefully tucking the sack in his bag. In exchange he hands her a carved snake skull "visit the marshlands. This will make the black marsh more friendly"

With the now carved ruby Gregor holds it tightly in his hands. Giving a soft chant allowing the ruby to glow. He took pride in his work, a smile crept across his face

"Alot of words for adventures. Looters, thieves, dragon hunters, grave robbers. Monster hunters" the smile faded " those who think just because they have the power thru can raid a village. Just for practicing necromancy "

Evisamora Evisamora

Last edited:
"Thank you." Revna says with a warm smile while taking the snake skull.

She looks at what Gregor is doing carefully as the smell goes away. Her expression looks surprised.

Then she tilts her head thinking. "I suppose I could be an adventurer, but I do not hunt or robs. I simply do jobs for people and help them. I am also looking for an artefacts. So, I do visit dead tombs, but no stealing no." Revna shakes her head. "What about you?"

He placed the gem down seeing if manu took it "I've always been open to being proven wrong. I beleave its what helps someone gain more knowledge. So please, prove me wrong I want to have faith that not every adventurer has ill intent"

He stares at the godess picking his teeth "I was to know what is beyond death. Actual death. Not immortality, but the soul leaving its body. We all have our own thoughts of the afterlife but I want to see them. See if there's life after death. See if there's a reason to die. Death is not a atopping point. Its an inconvenience. " He chuckles to himself shaking his head "I sound like a fool huh? Crazed old croc

Evisamora Evisamora Juju Juju

As the smell is going away, Revna feels like more able to follow the things around. Even if she would have preferred to stay drunk and forgetting where she was.

She listens to the lizard guy. Confused about how those herbs work, she sticks out her tongue and tries to lick it, but stops when Gregor asks her the question.

Revna stops what she was doing quickly, lik,e being afraid to have been see. "I-uh." She clears her throat. "I don't think you are. Like you said, we have our own meaning, but also our own truths. It doesn't that if something is true for someone that something else isn't for someone else too. So, I think you need to be open minded about everything Death can offer you and you'll find your answer. Maybe.. I don't know if I made sense." She scratches the back of her head nervously.

it took abwhule as he just looked at her, a toothy grin came across his face "everything you said makes sence. It's an open world of possibilities!" He starts to laugh loudly, mixed in with a few joyful hisses as he pats her back "you know what I realized? I'm far from discovering the truth.but I'll be damned if I'm not up for the challenge!" His smile never faded. "In all my years of research I've never seen a place like this. Hell I didn't know gods like this existed. There much to learn from our.... well band of oddities."

He hisses loudly with joy and grabs his skin sack "a drink. To a new adventure eh?" He put down the rabbit skulls pouring his special mead and handed one to her "may we find what we're looking for"

╭ ┉ ◸▿▿ ▿▿◹┉ ╮
Manu
╰ ┉ ◺▵▵▵◿ ┉ ╯
Untitled88_20230201020946.png
Interaction: Solirus Solirus jmann jmann || Mention: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 YsFanatic YsFanatic slim slim drunkcayless drunkcayless
Manu wasn't quite sure what happened. One moment she was about to sink her teeth into a weird vegetable and the next she was scooped up and tossed about by something. The world rotated up and then down and then grew still. It made her vision wobble and pacified her enough that her reaction to getting grabbed was rather delayed from the burst of dizziness. It was only when her head stopped spinning and her eyes adjusted that she realized she was being held up by the giant-shiny-human.

The sword was closer now, enough that the god-essence from it was almost choking. Where confusion vanished, hunger returned in its full maddening force.

Perfectly mimicking the hiss of a Flamescale Cobra (which would be horribly unappreciated outside of her world), Manu flailed and thrashed in an effort to wiggle her way out of the giant-shiny-human's grip. She wanted to reach out for the sword with a claw but her arms were held firmly, yet gently, against her sides. Even biting was not an option thanks to the odd angle she was being held in. Her mismatched wings beat violently from under the cloak, knocking the hood off to reveal the tangle of feathers that made up over half of her head and face. It seemed appearances were fully out the window for her.

Manu had been so focused on her desperate attempt to free herself that she didn't notice Safeharbour's approach until the seeds were held directly in front of her face. It took a few moments of continued thrashing before she actually took notice of it. Her fluffy chest was heaving from the exertion, but her eyes eventually focused on the familiar smelling grains. Manu stopped her struggling and leaned over to sniff them.

She remembered they were called seeds, recalling the many times Quin had offered them to her. He always laughed about how clever he was and that no bird could ever resist a batch, including ancient-monster ones. Actually, the seeds weren't very filling or satisfying for a monster-bird. In fact, Manu didn't like them much. She always ate them though, not because it was food, but because she liked hearing Quin laugh. Now Manu's stomach felt strange. Like a human had stabbed a shiny-stick into her gut and left it there.

With a loud series of crunches, Manu ate the entire pile of seed in a matter of seconds. When it had vanished she made the sound of a laugh that did not match her previous voice. The wings on her face drooped like downturned ears.

"Thank you!" she said in a cheery, out-of-tune voice that did not match her downcast expression. Then she looked at the strange golem and spoke again in a slightly different tone. "Can Manu eat the magic-construct?"

Her head turned to look down at both Delta and his raised gun. Unconcerned over the delicate situation she had caused, Manu corrected herself, "Constructses."

Hunger still gnawed at her, but the familiar birdseed had reminded her of her taught manners. She shifted uncomfortably, teeth grit together as she wiggled again in an attempt to be free. "And shiny-stick. Knight weapon.... sword. Shining sword! Very shiny!"

There was a pause, then a sudden outburst of "Please and thank-you!"

Somewhere, she could sense a burst of new magic. Her eyes drifted over to the enchanted gem, but she couldn't make any movements towards the delicious snack laying unattended on the ground.

Acquired Data

Designation: DSCSU D-671 MK III V. 5.3

Time: 10 minutes since Gold Event

Current Objective: Secure the Area - Data Gathering

Findings:

Every twitch the humanoid female's face made was easily noticed by D-671. The situation was stressful to the woman but Delta made no moves to lower his aim. It merely stared at her, finger tightly furled around the trigger.

Like him, she seemed to be trying to defuse the situation but it was only when she relaxed her stance that Delta's death sending extremity uncurled from its metal home. Slowly the rest of his synthetic fibers also loosened to a degree and his posture straightened from the shooter's stance to a more a casual position.

The cyborg's trigger finger rested on the trigger guard with practiced ease and while his current demeanor suggested he was at ease, his manufactured muscles were still coiled like a snake waiting to strike. Hidden by his body mesh and armor.

" Violence, or threat of it, is the sole deterrent of violence. That is doubly true for organic types." the soldier's deep rumble countered.

While it's focus remained on the purple-haired female, it listened carefully to the Avian's word. The way its words pitched, fell, and altered kept throwing the support unit's algorithms for a loop. Every "voice" sounded natural but wildly different one another. It made it difficult to gauge the bird female's emotional and mental state just by her words alone but Six could not afford to look away from the potential threats before him.

'Records of Old World fauna suggest that there were certain species of bird that were capable of replicating the sounds it has heard before. Perhaps, like the Reptilian Anomaly, that lifeform shares those traits. It is called mimicry and it is highly likely that creatures that practice mimicry as a form of communication do not understand what the words signify. Communication with the creature should be approached with caution, Operator.'

It was just then that the creature suggested wanting to consume the constructs of that anomalous energy source. The combat unit made the decision that collecting this data was more important than keeping the human-like female in check. It risked a few steps back, using the larger robot's size as an emergency barrier in case of sudden attack. Delta was convinced he could react in time to whatever the female tried to dish out. Examining her more closely, she did mot seem capable of superhuman speeds like he was but he would need a bio-scan to be certain.

His helmet hid where he was looking exactly but the tilt of his head gave away where his attention had gone.

Delta was surprised to lock proverbial eyes with the creature. Was it referring to him? No, her eye flicked between D and his much larger mechanical counterpart next to him. As if they were somehow capable of saiting her hunger.

'Be careful, Delta. I don't like that look in her eye. '

The word "Magic construct" suggested a being made of inorganic material solely powered by that anomalous energy source he had detected within the reptilian humanoid earlier. Certainly, the word construct could apply to D-671 and the large robot beside him. Magical, however, couldn't be further from the truth.

"This unit does not contain the anomalous energy source known as 'Magic'. Before completing bio-scan of the reptilian humanoid, this unit has never encountered that energy before. Previous UWC records also correlate. That form of energy does not exist."

The military construct then pausef for a moment before adding, "At least, not in this unit's home world and/or reality."

Whether his words would be understood by the Avian creature was uncertain but it did seem capable of very basic communication skills. So...

"This unit is not magical and I believe this unit is not either." he clarified with a nod towards the bigger bot.

"But it seems that it is what will sustain you." Delta didn't know how feasible it was to be sustained by the anomalous energy but these creatures defied logic for merely existing. Being primarily powered by said energy was as illogical as any of them even being here.

Delta followed the creature's gaze to find the jewel that the reptile humanoid had seemingly set out just for her but she was currently incapable of reaching it, given her situation.

D quickly jogged over to the jewel, picked it up and returned to his previous position. "Open up." he firmly ordered before lightly tossing the gem upwards towards the Avian female's mouth. A perfectly calculated throw that only required her opening her mouth to consume what her stomach seemed to desire.

slim slim jmann jmann YsFanatic YsFanatic Solirus Solirus Juju Juju drunkcayless drunkcayless

Last edited:
Aucttem gaze sat on the group as she watched the converse. Her expression unreadable to the new people in front of her, but the figure that stood next to the throne shifted uncomfortably. Ab did not move an inch as he stood motionless in Aucttem's shadow. It was unlikly the others had noticed him, infact his presence was that of a pebble compared to the mountain that was his mother. Stiff as a board, Ab nervously watched the group converse.

"My threads," Aucttem's voice cut through the group like a knife, the tone holding the underline feeling of an order. When attention was turned to her, the ice behind her smile seemed to lessen slightly, "Now that we are back on task, I can offer some answers that you can understand."

"Unlike all your worlds, this one stands at the beginning, a place where beings you have never known live. A place in the Lady's light,"
she offered a light laugh at the reference to herself, "So why would I chose mortals like you to help us? It is rather simple, though I doubt it will be seen as such from you, but I will try. Each fate is decided from creation, time has been woven into the end of time. Every choice you mortals make can not alter this destiny." she hesitated for a moment before continuing, a sense of destaste being only deceted by Ab as she continued,

"Though, there are threads that appear outside these tapestries of time. Threads like you. You exist outside fate itself, and thus are not under its control, only you can chose your own fate. You see, in my world something has been stolen from me, a precious artifact used to weave time. This, Theif, has woven a fate for my world. An end to time itself. Without it I can not change a completed tapestry, only threads like... you can."

her smile tightened as she then turned to Dawa, "Forgive my poor explanation, Dawa, you seem to misunderstand the situation you are in. You have been chosen by the one who controls all, there is no other task that could ever be as important as this. To put it simply, your world will not exist unless you stop this Theif, your task will not matter without time will it not," she offered a laugh at the other, "I will also not be returning anyone to their 'home' until this task is completed. You threads have always been a thorn in my side, without this mission you are useless to me. You were supposed to be destroyed anyway, consider this a way to win your own fate back, lest I decide to smother you right here."
Juju Juju drunkcayless drunkcayless Evisamora Evisamora Solirus Solirus jmann jmann shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe YsFanatic YsFanatic Andeervich Andeervich slim slim

Relief appeared on Dana's face as she observed the bird-like humanoid calm down and start speaking. Naturally there was a moment where that relief vanished when Manu indicated that she wished to eat two of their allies and the weapon of a third. Thankfully the gem on the ground captured her attention and Delta moved to feed the gem to her, allowing Dana to relax a bit more and turn her attention to what the gun-user had said, responding to him in English.

"Your home must be in a bad state if that's what you believe. There's plenty of examples in other realities where peaceful cooperation is enough to keep violence from happening, as well as examples of violence doing nothing more than serving as a beacon for those who wish to cause even more destruction." She said nothing in response to his comments about magic since he was smart enough to realize that what applied to his reality wouldn't always apply to others.

Then Aucttem began speaking and Dana gave her full attention to what was being said. The explanation of fate didn't mean anything to the princess personally since it worked differently in different multiverses, but it did explain why she had been pulled for this task despite being an outsider. And as expected the task being given to them was critically important. What was not expected was it dealing with a artifact that had influence over time and that part gave Dana pause. Thanks to the efforts of the Freedom Army in a particular universe decades ago, members of the Alliance such as Dana enjoyed protection against temporal attacks and effects by an entity known as the Power of Time. In its home multiverse, as well as multiverses that didn't have a ruling power like Aucttem, the protection was complete. In ones that did have a ruling power or multiple such powers, that protection was typically weakened and sometimes completely disabled. Even though the Freedom Army itself couldn't directly benefit from this protection, it overall had been a useful boon to the Alliance, but now Dana feared she wouldn't have it for this mission. And if their foe was able to manipulate Time...

Before the half-Palman could continue her thoughts on the matter, Aucttem gave her response to Dawa and finished speaking by threatening them with destruction if they didn't cooperate. The blood drained from Dana's face upon hearing the threat. It had never occurred to her, her family, friends, or allies that simply visiting another multiverse could get them targeted for destruction. After all they had been doing it for many decades without any multiverse ruling powers giving them any trouble. Obviously this one was not so generous and the princess immediately knew what would have happened if Aucttem had caused her to vanish. Her parents would organize a search and rescue effort that they would take part in, and if they met the same end the loss to the Alliance would be huge. At that point the only option would be to investigate with soldiers from the FA, the Null Effect of their universe rendering them immune to any supernatural power, including that of those that rule multiverses, but they were ill-suited for such an investigation due to that same immunity and would most likely not be able to find any answers.

So while the theft of such an important item was obviously bad for this multiverse, Dana personally was thankful that it had happened. The thief had unknowingly saved Neilgo from an unexpected tragedy by creating this situation. However that wouldn't prevent her from going after the thief as Dana knew it was most likely in her best interest to complete this task and then get the hell home before Aucttem could change her mind about letting them live. And if she did make it home, the princess was sure as hell going to get this multiverse on the Alliance's list of places that its people were banned from traveling to.

Last edited:
NATUUL
Natuul once more clacked at the female human's refusal to attack the machine in front of them, but evidently the machine was not going to attack anyone at all. The giantess watched in a mystified silence as the fluffy creature ate the seeds from the mechanoid's outstretched hand and it didn't even try to kill it while it chowed down. She was watching so intently that the other mecha that came out of nowhere and was obviously aiming a weapon at the Star Person in front of her only got a spare glance from Natuul before she once more watched the spectacle. She reached out her am'tok once more, letting it tentatively wash over the group in front of her, feeling out for life forces and magic. The female in front of her and the winged creature especially gave her the most feedback, but the machine feeding her and it's smaller yet similar companion with its weapon pointed at them did not give her any readings at all. How were these metal constructs moving around? Were these metal constructs technically safer since they didn't have the aggression of humans piloting them about? That made Natuul pause and then turn her gaze to the female human in front of her who had begun to have some verbal standoff with the other mechanoid. Maybe she was the true evil here. But she defended Natuul..? The smaller mecha lowered its weapon, and the giantess could only stare at the two before once more glancing at the larger mecha, and then the winged person, and then the group as a whole...her very skull was pounding. By the Mother, what had she gotten herself into with these freakish individuals?
The cause of this very predicament began speaking, her tone like ice as she made everyone stop in their tracks and focus on her gleaming form. Such a warm light for a cold figure...the more she spoke, the more Natuul felt dread curl in her chest like a rampant vine. How could this thing call itself a goddess? Gods created and protected their creations, felt their creation's joys and sorrows. This golden woman looked at them and only saw means to an end, her end, and laughed at their requests? Natuul felt immense disgust and shame at herself for even greeting this evil thing like she would have her Mother, the true Goddess.
"A thread..." Natuul said slowly and gravely as she stared at her chest where this demonic being had tethered her, slowly arranging the new words that swam through her head, "The tapestry is nothing without the thread." It wasn't a refusal or agreement, only a simple statement said by a very sad entity who had already lost hope. Death was imminent anyway, if only this wretched goddess had let her end her life where it would have made a slight difference. The Warden slowly sank into a crouch, her surroundings slowly fading as she got lost in silent thought.

coded by weldherwings.

Unsure about what she said could have make the lizard guy laughs, Revna simply laughs with him nervously. She is surprised by how he pat her back casually. Did she just made a friend? The thought made her smile. A friend. She accepts the drink, not sure what is in it, but Revna never say no to a drink. She cheers with the man before taking a sip.

She looks at the gem on the ground, but doesn't ask more question to Gregor since it wasn't really her place to. Plus, she didn't want to sound stupid. She already looked by being drunk.

As Manu speaks, it takes Revna's attention. What a beautiful creature. She watches the little birdy eat the birdseeds and when she laughs, the half-blood blinks in surprise. She wasn't expecting that sound coming out from the creature. She wonders what kind of titanborn it was. As Delta fed the gem to Manu, Revna stays silent. She listen to the human speaking. Of course she would sound diplomatic, all humans does. She scoffs with a grin shaking her head. Humans she thought. Revna must admit that she was glad they didn't end up killing each other because she would have to try to stop the blood bath and these people... they all seems new to her knowledge so fighting them would have been hard.

"My threads," Aucttem's voice cut through the group like a knife, the tone holding the underline feeling of an order. This. It get Revna's attention. She stands up and looks at her speaking to them. The feeling was unpleasant. That is not how Titans speak to their children when they ask them something or when Titanborns were asking guidance. Artefatcs. Threads. Time. Useless. Fate. Such importants words that Revna didn't like at all. Mostly the way this Aucttem use them.

She crosses her arms silent. Staring at the ground. In all honesty her head is empty. She forces them to do a mission or they will not go back home. Choice wasn't an option here. So, the half-blood simply wait for more explanation from this Aucttem.

"I will also not be returning anyone to their 'home' until this task is completed. You threads have always been a thorn in my side, without this mission you are useless to me. You were supposed to be destroyed anyway, consider this a way to win your own fate back, lest I decide to smother you right here."
SIR ARMAN
Now, the young Sir Arman had been quietly listening and trying to, well, figure things out. He had been summoned. And so were all these motley creatures; some which he recognized as something out of storybooks, others he didn't recognize at all. They squabbled and bickered and Arman found that he wasn't really quite bold enough to speak up to try and settle the conflict, instead just watching nervously. But his attention remains... on the self-proclaimed goddess. Whatever class of being she was... she had to be powerful. Whether or not she was actually... a true divinity, someone who was the creator of all things... He had a way of telling, didn't he?

The knight lays a hand on the amulet at his neck, whispering to his ancestor, ignoring the arguments and discussions of the others.

"Opener. Ancestor. What is she?"

His progenitor, the sire of his line, the Opener of Ways speaks. As he almost always did. And his words chill Arman to the bone.

S H E
I S
M O T H E R

The knight gulps, processing that information, as Aucttem continues to speak. Explaining how a world's fate was at stake, and how their 'loose threads' were the only means possible by which such a fate would be diverted... And how their own worlds rested in the balance. Not to mention, that she would probably smite them if they refused. Arman didn't mind risking his life to protect others, to defend this world as his forefathers had defended a world in the long past, but this... it left a sour taste in his mouth. A dagger behind him to walk him to a battle he did not choose. The divine was written of in the old texts. The Gods, they say, were cold and unfeeling. But relentlessly fair, and without malice. Simply laws of reality, constants that thrummed in celestial symphony. But with Aucttem... this did not seem to be so. Not really.

He had the sense she did indeed feel, and it was not at all a kind thing that she felt for any of them.

"So... our mission is to find and stop this Thief, as well as prevent the fate they have woven for this world? Might we... know who this Thief is, as well as the fate they have written?"

Acquired Data

Time: 12 minutes after Gold Event

Current Objective: Acquire Data - Process Newfound information

Findings:

The droid's attention snapped back to the strange humanoid woman who had defended the plant-like creature behind her. As she spoke, Delta tilted his head curiously at her words. Not because he found the words themselves particularly interesting but the hypocrisy in them. Groups forming "peaceful" coalitions to prevent violence only happens when the forces in question are grouping together against a greater threat, are evenly matched and the destruction would be mutually assured...

Or when one side completely dwarfs the other in power and becomes absolved into the giant. Judging by the way this female humanoid spoke, she appeared to be the third and none the wiser for it. But D-671 was never one to get into philosophical debates with organics without a secure perimeter and this area was anything but secure.

The combat unit's attention was then pulled to the self-proclaimed deity who had been watching them as silently as Delta had been watching it. Through her words, assuming they could be taken at face value, Six gleamed some rather important information.

This creature claiming to be the alpha and omega was not as grand as it presented itself to be.

Perhaps it was due to being in such a lofty position for so long but Anomaly Gold's words betrayed her weaknesses.

Aucttem presented itself as the deity or ruler of all fates. The beginning and end of it all. To the point that all things are woven within her proverbial "tapestry". Yet, there were things that happened within that very tapestry that were out of her control. Allegedly, the people assembled here were exactly those things.

She did not say as much directly but by being "stray threads that exist outside of fate's control" meant that everyone present existed outside of HER control. A fact she didn't seem to appreciate judging by the sudden change in demeanor at the mention of it.

This creature wanted control. Actions taken against her will by a 3rd party has forced her to bring in outliers that she cannot control but likewise are not influenced by whatever it is causing the diety trouble. It could also be assumed that it was something that this being could not handle itself for some reason and had to bring in outside help.

Anomaly Gold played a big act but it had clear limitations of some sort. A fact that was driven in clearly by the threat she delivered at the end of her explanation. A threat full of contradictions. If the cyborg had eyelids to narrow, it would.

The one who controls all? Hardly. They wouldn't be here if that was the case.

Their worlds wouldn't exist? Some of them never had much a world anyway. How many of them even cared for the fate of their world? An ambiguous assumption at best.

Thorn in her side? Useless if they do not serve? The more likely scenario is that she is useless to stop whatever is happening to her world. As powerful as she claims to be, reduced to begging the "tapestry outcasts" for help.

You were supposed to be destroyed anyway? And yet here they were. By her will. A predicament of Anomaly Gold's own making.

A chance to take back their fate? A fate that was always theirs to begin with according to her earlier words. Another contradiction. Which one was true then? Likely the former.

Smother them right then and there...

"Unlikely." The cyborg spoke aloud. It needed them... and it knew it.

'Gathered data suggests that the probability of Anomaly Gold "Aucttem" 's existence hinges on the success or failure of the anomalous "threads" is the highest likely scenario with current information. Contradictions in Anomaly Gold's explanation and speech pattern irregularities suggests that it is nervous and irritated. All future interactions with Anomaly Gold will be processed with great scrutiny. The creature exhibits behaviors in line with unknown organics. Data will be adjusted accordingly.'

'Copy, Ana.' The cyborg replied internally.

slim slim jmann jmann YsFanatic YsFanatic Solirus Solirus Juju Juju drunkcayless drunkcayless
seasonedcat seasonedcat
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe
Evisamora Evisamora

Last edited:
A hiss formed deep in Gregors chest as the tossed the shot in his mouth. His smile faded once the aucttem spoke. He gripped his staff and got up listen to what it had to say, still trying to figure out what was happening.

Scanning the room it looked like dawa knew more about this situation than anyone else. More questioning is needed.

A Laughter bult up inside listening to its speech. Here to catch a theif, fix what's fucked up. And the only ones who can do it are the ones torn from destiny. What a load of shit, destiny was a sour note on his tongue. No ones life is set it course..... but if what it says is true then there was a way to break free.

"So how are we to find this..... artifact? Where the do we look?" Gregor spoke aloud

Once he had heard that thorn in its side he let out a maddening laugh "oh boy... highly unlikely" his grin had returned. If it was so convenient why not pull more? Why not an army of said mortals to retrieve something so precious. His thoughts had been wrapped around such an absurdity. But he stood idly by waiting for the other "threads" to have there say.

Evisamora Evisamora Juju Juju shadowz1995 shadowz1995 YsFanatic YsFanatic seasonedcat seasonedcat jmann jmann Solirus Solirus ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe slim slim

Upon hearing the words spoken by the plant woman behind her, in a tone that seemed to convey sadness, Dana turned only to find that Natuul had sunk to her knees, bringing her down to roughly eye level with Dana. Concerned, the princess stepped closer and put her hand on the plant-being's shoulder before kneeling down so she could look up at her face. The purple-haired woman had been tempted to just hug Natuul, but remembered her recent refresher about first contact with other cultures and how some did not appreciate much in the way of physical contact. "Would you want, or need, a hug?" Her voice is kept to a whisper, not wanting to interrupt other conversations. Plus if the other woman was the type who didn't want to be in the spotlight, then Dana didn't want to draw any additional attention to them.

NATUUL
The more final the giantess’ position became, the more she felt her entire body grow cold and still, her head pressing down into her legs as she curled up tighter and tighter. The had only felt this way when her mate had died, but even then she still had the knowledge of her saplings that needed her. Now they were mature Wardens off fighting without even knowledge of where she was. They wouldn’t even have her husk to give back to the mother’s soil. How would she even see them when she did give out and die if not joined to the mother?

Natuul was in a clouded, dissociative state when she felt pressure on her arm. She ignored it at first, choosing to continue in her rampant and saddening thoughts, but slowly she heard the female human’s voice. Ever so slowly the Warden opened her eyes and stared at the girl in front of her and registered what seemed to be….she wasn’t sure. Pain? She looked fine physically. Was the female attempting..comfort? The mere idea of it was absurd to the Warden considering their species and her own history with the human’s kin. Having a human attempt to offer sympathy was a situation Natuul would’ve never even thought or believed possible. Yet, here they were. Natuul slowly released her vise-like grip on her legs and raised her head up, staring deeply into the female’s eyes and then surveying the group once more. They were all torn from loving families and comforts to serve this false idol. That itself was a unifying event and no matter how different they all were, they were also the same. While what had happened to them was sad, it didn’t mean that was the end.
Each individual brought here by the false idol was now under Natuul’s protection, no matter how freakish. That thought made the giantess feel a lot less cold and lonely. She let out a deep sigh before once more making eye contact with the human. This “hug” business was perplexing. She felt for her magic, bringing up that word when she had retrieved it from their language. It brought up weird grabbing gestures of two people and was rather distasteful.

“We do not hug. Looks unseemly. Would not hurt to ava’kol even if with human.”
The female’s hand was still on her shoulder, so the Warden reached out with the opposite hand and rested it on the human’s, and then easily drew the smaller figure’s body closer with a movement of the arm before essentially head butting her head with her own much bigger one, albeit much lighter than how it was typically performed. Natuul let out a breezy laugh and then rested her head on the other’s.
Tu’ava kol” Natuul said heartily, a small grin creeping up as she performed the comforting ritual of her kin on the human.

mentioned: YsFanatic YsFanatic

coded by weldherwings.

╭ ┉◸▿▿ ▿▿◹┉ ╮
Manu
╰ ┉ ◺▵▵▵◿ ┉ ╯
Untitled88_20230201020946.png

Interaction: Solirus Solirus || Mention: jmann jmann seasonedcat seasonedcat drunkcayless drunkcayless (gem) shadowz1995 shadowz1995
"Hungry..." Manu grunted between clenched fangs when she was given neither answer nor the food she had politely asked for. Once more, she started to squirm. "Let GO of MAnu. Please and thank you!"

Did she say the things wrong? She even added in the magic word known as 'please' and a 'thank you' for good measure. Words were tricky. There was a lot about them that she didn't understand. Just like how she didn't understand why a perfectly good snack was just laying on the floor.

Unfortunately, in her effort to get free she didn't realize that someone was actually trying to help. The human-looking-artefact had tossed the gem to her, but in Manu's wild state she noticed the flying snack only a moment too late. Her head whipped up with predatory speed, teeth gnashing at the gem. Impossibly, her fangs sank into the precious stone with the ease of sharp blades through paper, cutting it in half.

The other fell to the floor, clinking away below and far from Manu's reach. Manu had never grasped the idea of half-full over half-empty, but right now she felt a deep frustration. The gem was delicious and filling, unlike the grainy seeds, yet she could not settle knowing it was unfinished. Somehow, a tiny taste only made her even hungrier. She reach out a hand in vain, and only succeeded in pawing at the air with her clawed hand. It would be impossible with someone holding her back.

Manu did not like being held, but she was only allowed to eat 'bad' people. Then again, this giant-metal-human was not being nice by holding her up so long. Was that bad? Manu scrunched up her face, eyes closed with concentration as she painstakingly ruffled through her lessons.

"Manu is allowed to defend herself from harm."
"What is harm?
"It means you're being hurt. Uh, feeling pain?"

The seeds had been a temporary fix, but Manu could feel her insides yowling in protest, like something she ate was clawing its way out. If it hurt, it meant it was Harm. If it was Harm, then she could defend herself.

With impossible strength for her size, Manu's wings contorted and stretched, replacing her previous form in what seemed like an endless mass of feathers that grew ever outward like blooming flowers. Before long the feathers grew into a hulking mass tipped in twisted black talons and shaggy feathers.

The False Angel was now inches away from Dawa, its claws screeching against the marble tile with each movement. It was shorter in height than Dawa, yet it was almost three times that height in length. The feathers along its bulky form rippled as it lunged, mouth cracked open to reveal rows and rows of sharp teeth and feathers.

It had only one intent, and that was to consume the samurai in front of it.
FP_rL-9XEAMRBrK.jpg

Last edited:
Revna was looking at the weird hug between the weird forest creature and the human. What a strange interaction for people who doesn't seem to know each other.
After all, maybe they do know each other. Everything seems possible after everything that happened today.
"Hungry..." She hears the bird creature say. She notices the gem falling down.

The sound of screeching claws against the marble tile makes Revna turns her head a little. When she spots the weird bird looking as an endless mass of feathers, her eyes grow. She might not understand people's interaction very well, but she does understand Bird's body language and that bird wasn't happy.

Her eyes starts glowing and shadows in forming around the tall lady. For others, her body can looks like it disappeared, but she actually transformed into a raven.
She flies quite fast and grabs the half gem in her feet before flying in the direction of Manu and Dawa.

Please make it work. It's not the time to fight you dumb bird. She thought while flying.
She slips between the others to get between Manu and Dawa. She faces the creature for 2 seconds before screaming and flying in Manu's direction. She tries to fly around her to get her attention away from the samurai.

Juju Juju

Aucttem glared fiercely at the group, her main subject of distaste being Manu, who no doubt could feel the gaze even though her attention was entirely elsewhere. With one swift motion, Manu would feel a sharp agony in her chest as the golden thread from earlier appeared again. It wrapped around her tightly and had her giant form kneeling on the ground instantly, movement impossible.

"Enough of this nonsense, 'God' eater. I will not have you behave like this in my presence." the threads painfully tightened on Manu while no blood was drawn. The pain she would feel would be that of metal wires tearing into her muscles and a firey hot burn accompanying it. Aucttem glare left the false angel as it turned on the titanborn and then to the samurai as if seeing if they were to object. If Manu were to struggle, the pain would only grow worse, the strings tightening. If she were to subdue herself, the thread would losen slightly, but the pain would still persist.

with the beast settled, Aucttem's gaze returned to those who were asking questions, "The artifact is still on the thief, find her, and you will find what you seek. Now, as to finding the thief, you need not worry as I already have a guide prepared for you." with one hand she gestured to her side, Ab moved to the place silently, staring at the group with a blank expression, "My son Abdus-Smad. He will guide you in this world and slay the thief."

"for what future this thief has planned for us... it is simple. Complete erosion of all life in time. She will kill everything and anything that exists, including myself and her. This does not only include the tapestry here but all that exist. Your world can not exist without mine. Plague and suffering will spread to all corners of existence until it is all wiped out and nothing remains."
her face turned slightly melancholy at this, "if you wish to live, wish for your world to live. Everything you hold dear to continue; the only hope is for you to find what I have lost."
Juju Juju Solirus Solirus jmann jmann Evisamora Evisamora drunkcayless drunkcayless shadowz1995 shadowz1995 YsFanatic YsFanatic slim slim ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

"That's why I asked," Dana says with a small smile in response to Natuul's initial comment about hugs. At that point she figured that was going to be the end of the exchange, so it was a surprise when the plant woman drew her in closer and placed her forehead against the swordwoman's. While it wasn't quite the same as a hug, the princess couldn't deny that this was comforting in its own way. Thus she was content to stay in that position for a bit with her eyes closed, at least until the situation with the feathered humanoid took a turn for the worse.

The purple-haired woman pulled her head away from Natuul just in time to watch Manu's form change and grow. Muttering a quiet curse in Palman, Dana stood up and prepared to try to do something to help defuse the situation. She wasn't sure what she could even do against something of that size without resorting to violence, but something had to be done. Before the princess could really even begin thinking of a plan she witnessed one of the summoned people, a woman she hadn't interacted with yet, transform into a bird and fly towards the large feather covered beast after grabbing a gem piece off the ground. Dana had no idea what that was about, but she was willing to give them a few moments to see if whatever they planned worked out, but she was ready to move at a moment's notice if needed, the mana needed for a Wind Dash gathered and ready to go.

But it wasn't needed as Aucttem herself took action, quickly binding Manu and preventing her from moving anymore. While Dana seemed to visibly relax after that happened, she was still on guard just in case Aucttem took any moves against the rest of them and narrowed her eyes when Abdus-Smad was introduced as their 'guide'. She suspected that he was really there to be a babysitter, to make sure they didn't get out of hand and possibly to eliminate them when their task was finished. Unfortunately they would have no way of knowing what his presence would really mean until they actually got started on their adventure, and she definitely was going to keep an eye on him, just in case.

The False Angel
FP_rL-9XEAMRBrK.jpg
Interaction: Solirus Solirus Evisamora Evisamora seasonedcat seasonedcat || Mention: N/A
Before it could sink its fangs into the tall-metal-human, something flew around The False Angel’s head. There was not only a bird, one of the beast's favourite food, but also a glowing gem. For a moment, the beast was reminded of the reason it attacked the tall-metal-human in the first place.

The False Angel snapped its neck towards the bird, maw opened to consume it in mid-flight. Fortunately, all actions were halted by the pull of threads and prevented The False Angel from doing any damage.

The False Angel didn’t understand what was happening. What it did understand was that whatever this was, it hurt a lot more than the never-ending hunger. Golden threads criss crossed over them, sinking in between feathers and tangling in wings. The beast’s limbs were crushed down into a kneel, forced even if the angles were wrong. Claws uselessly scraped across the ground, legs shaking from the effort of resisting the relentless binds. All it did in the end was tighten the hold and sharpen the pain.

An inhuman shriek came from the beast, an amalgamation of different sounds of distress all jumbled together. The white hot agony was all the creature could comprehend, clearing out any intentions and thoughts into maddened and desperate flailing.

In the end, The False Angel laid upon the marble floor in a feathered heap. Exhausted and dazed with pain, it stayed motionless. A few times when the binds slackened it tried its luck, but it quickly gave up on this when the threads constricted tighter. All it could do was lay still, its chest rumbling with low hisses of pain.

As Revna gets Manu's attention, she tries flying away from the samurai, but then the creatures opened its mouth to consume her. That's when she decides to drops the gem so it can get eaten by Manu. But suddenly, the creature falls on the ground and a golden threads is criss crossed over them.

The half-blood transforms back into her form with wide eyes open. She lays on the ground on one knee. Revna stands up and she approaches Manu carefully and drops on her knees next to her. Her hands approaches Manu, but she notices that they are shaking, so she doesn't dare touch them.

Revna doesn't listen at Aucttem, all she can focus is how the creature infront of her was in pain. When Manu lets out the shriek, her eyes grow panicked.

She turns to Aucteem with a disgusted glare. "Let them go ! You are hurting them!! They are simply hungry..." She gives her attention back to Manu. Sadness and guilt crosses the frost giant's face. All form of life are very important for Revna.

The titanborn looks around for the gem. Its laying on the floor a inches away. She crawls on her knees to grab it and return in front of Manu. "I'm sorry little one. That wasn't my plan I swear." She says in a low voice, while approaching the gem so Manu can reach for it with their mouth.

seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju

Acquired Data

Status: Alert - Implementing New Information To Personal Archives

Time: 15 Minutes After Gold Event

Current Objective: Establish Secure Area For Compiling Information.

Findings:

The combat unit immediately jumped back several feet once the Avian like creature started to become agitated. Delta-671 was not one to be in close proximity when a plethora of unknown variables start becoming unstable and even more difficult to calculate.

As if to prove his point, the humanoid turned into something very much... inhuman.

The creature was massive, becoming equal in size with the largest beings in the room, save Anomaly Gold. The change happened in mere seconds, which was a very long time for Ana and D but it was still awe-inspiring how quickly such a small creature could become monstrous.

This only reinforced the cyborg's initial judgement that everything in here, from the molecules beneath their feet to Anomaly Gold itself were not things that could be trusted. Not until thorough research could be done on them.

The deep blue lights lining Delta's body turned a deep orange, almost red as he brought his rifle to bear once more on the thing he was initially trying to defend. It no longer had signs of sentience or intelligence. A monster right out of the pages of old world story books from his planet.

The robot squeezed the trigger and it was only by the grace of robotic precision that Delta was able to stop a millimeter before the rounds started were sent into the creature's skull. The reason being, that the once humanoid creature suddenly collapsed, shrieking and thrashing in what appeared to be pain. Was it an act to play on their empathy?

Upon hearing Aucttem speak once more, Delta's alert level dropped to a pale yellow and he allowed his arms to relax back to their usual standby position. It was then that Aucttem dropped another gem of knowledge that completely contradicted any form of logical reasoning.

'Son?' he asked internally to Ana.

'What reason would a being that supposedly controls all, possibly have for procreating?' Ana replied with a question of her own. It didn't make any sense.

Creatures of all kinds only had the instinct to breed and procreate to pass on their genes and continue the species. This was because their lives were limited. It was an ingrained instinct in even the most primitive forms of life like bacteria and even viruses to an extent. What reason could a supposedly eternal being have for doing such a thing?

Conclusion: Anomaly Gold was not eternal or it desired social connections. Even willing to adopt or perhaps create a "Son". Another critical piece of evidence against her claim to absolute Godhood.

Further proving his conclusion, Aucttem went on to confirm that not only does the "fate of all worlds" hang in the balance but also Anomaly Gold's own life is at risk as well.

How mortal of her.

Delta would need some time to compile and sort through all of the data he has acquired thus far but this "mission" the self-proclaimed goddess pulled them into was much more than it seemed on the surface. This was not a simple call to action as she initially made it out to seem.

If Aucttem's words were to be taken at face value, and they were not given previous evidence, it means this thief of hers is not only willing to collapse every reality, dimension, and world to achieve her goal but also to end her own life in pursuit of this whole sale destruction of all existences. One of the last things a creature is willing to give up is their own life unless they truly believe in a cause.

The reasoning for the death must override the most primal instinct a creature can have. The instinct of survival. To live on as long as possible.

This thief was supposedly willing to sacrifice everything for this goal. Why? Why wish for the destruction of existence as a whole? The combat unit could only arrive at two conclusions and both roads led back to Aucttem.

The first was to usurp Aucttem's throne. Take their place as supposed creator of all. Recreate reality as they see fit. The issue was that it would be difficult to do that if the thief was also wiped out from the resulting destruction. This was assuming the thief didn't have a failsafe to survive the cataclysmic event.

The second, and far more likely, was that this was personal. There must be bad blood between Aucttem and whoever the thief is. A "she" as Anomaly Gold revealed. If this was an act of vengeance, the suicidal objective would make more sense.

It would also explain why the diety was not able to use her abilities to put a stop to the whole predicament. This thief knew Aucttem. This thief knew the goddess's limitations. This thief hated her. This thief wanted to destroy everything Aucttem has ever built. This thief was willing to sacrifice her life to do so. The question was who is the thief and what was their connection to giant golden creature before them.

Given that the pseudo-god deflected every question asked about the thief with "the reason they must be stopped", D-671 suspected that while the thief's willingness to sacrifice all of existence was... troubling to say the least, there was a reason for it. A reason Aucttem didn't want the "stray threads" to know. Merely act as mindless agents of her will. An act that she could not actually force them to do given the display of power with the feathered monstrosity a moment ago and her growing irritation with their... insubordination and questioning.

There were many other angles and variables that could alter this particular conclusion but Delta needed time to process the combined information of his observations and Ana's background compiling and rapid analysis.

Delta-671's mind was set now. His first objective established completely outside of the UWC's guidelines. The unit would indeed track the thief down along with the others here but it would not be to put an end to them. It needed to know why.

And depending on the reason...

"Guide us to our objective." The digitized voice rumbled out, directed towards Abdus-Smad, "The mission has been established. Haste is highly advised to maintain acceptable mission success vector."

seasonedcat seasonedcat

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Evisamora Evisamora

Dana thought back to every bit of conversation she had heard involving the feathered being as she continued watching the situation. Before long she hit upon a possible solution, but it would be risky and she didn't look forward to it in the slightest. But if it slaked the creature's hunger so it calmed down... Well, it was worth a try at least. With her mind made up, the princess walked over to Manu, giving a nod to the giant when she got closer and stood in front of Manu's face.

"I don't know if you can understand me in that form, but I think I have an idea on how to feed you for the moment. It sounds like you prefer eating things containing magic, correct? If it is the magic you are looking to eat, I could just release mana directly into your mouth for you to consume. However, I would be trusting you to not bite my arm during this process. Is this something that would help you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back