• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Up For An Adventure?

Sole Survivor

Roll for Initiative
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

welcome, dear reader.
thank you for stumbling upon my humble search thread.
after a rather forced hiatus due to real life, i return again
to the land of stories.
i cannot express how excited i am to hopefully get into some
fantastic stories.
also for ooc i enjoy writing in lower case, but all my replies will done
properly.

The Rules & Expectations:
please be +18 years old
(this is for my comfort as well as yours)
willing to write multiple characters
(a world needs more than one character. npcs add flavor.)
ooc chat preferred
(let's plan! or talk, really. perhaps both if you so desire.)
be patient when it comes to replies
(real life seems to hit me hard sometimes. but i assure you, unless i say otherwise, i'm still interested!)

About Me:
ghost friendly
(we've all ghosted one time or another. it's ok, i understand.)
preference for MxM but all pairings are welcome
(platonic pairings as well! romance is fun, but shouldn't be the only focus.)
patient with replies
(take all the time you need. life comes first // if you're lacking inspiration, i'll always be ready to continue.)
preference for long term stories over short
(either is ok really! i just like getting into something long and investing time into a cool plot.)
gushes about characters - will gush about yours too.
(it's true, can't deny it. will hold back on ooc if not your style though!)

Themes of Interest:
fantasy || royalty || upper class meets lower class || medieval || forbidden love || arranged marriages
magic
|| necromancy || arcane arts || ancient secrets
|| gods and goddesses || familiars || alchemy
wizards
|| mages || assassins || bounty hunters || witchers || witches || fantasy races
|| thieves || guilds
reincarnation
|| soulmates || lost love - found again || broken hearts || immortal loves mortal
political affairs || intrigue || masquerades || balls || world building
dragons || nagas || hidden treasures || grand adventures || nautical adventures || pirates meets noble
vampires || vampire courts || werewolf packs || transformation || curses
angelic figures || demonic figures || merfolk
missing individuals || plagues || trekking in swamps || desert lands || thick, creature filled forests
trapped deity || deity trapped in a cat - small animal
modern day person sucked into fantasy realm || folklore - mythical figure is actual real
ghost haunting abandoned location meets someone who can actual see them || ghost of person murdered meets the murderer's
descendant

Preferred Pairings:
mxm || mxf || fxf || nonbinary || platonic

Points of Interest:
friends to lovers || enemies to lovers || found family

Interested Fandoms With Stars for Level of Interest:
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ / ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ----------------------- The Elder Scrolls Online || Skyrim
(heavy preference for original characters. if you want to play a canon -- that's ok! i probably will not.)
☆ ☆ ☆ / ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ---------------------------------------------------The Arcana
(again - heavy preference for original characters. ok - with you using canon if you want.)
☆ ☆ ☆ / ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ -------------------------------------------------------- D&D
(though for this - mostly based off the setting and races.)

|| Plots ||
Fall Into A Good Book
as the title suggests - this plot revolves around CHARACTER 1 being a writer. either this is their first book or perhaps one of many in a series. long hours over the computer, scribbling notes in their journal or in their note app everywhere they go, and their publisher on their case has put so much stress on their shoulders. it wasn't a surprise when one day they couldn't keep their eyes open anymore and drifted off to sleep at their desk. or what they thought was sleep.

CHARACTER 1 awakens in the fantasy world of their novel. they're still dressed in the clothes they fell asleep in but the place they're at isn't their home.

CHARACTER 2 can be any of the characters within the novel - perhaps the villain, the main character, the main character's love interest, or someone else all together from CHARACTER 1's book/series.

(this could really be whatever we want it to be. i think it's an open plot that could add a little humor to a modern person having to adapt to a fantasy setting. especially if it has magic! perhaps the main character in person is actually impossible to like and the villain isn't so bad. or by accident they end up getting the main character's love interest to fall in love with them and have to deal with how to fix their mistake.)

To Love The Impossible
CHARACTER 1 is a member of -insert family here-, a long reigning royal family of -insert kingdom name here-. they are next in line for the throne. many would fight for such a position; however, many do not know the struggles of those who have to deal with what leads up to it. intense history lessons, manners and training, sword play, political speeches, and most importantly the knowledge that their love life will be decided by their parents. arranged marriages are no stranger to their family. their parents are the perfect example of that - having been married since they were young and settled down with their role. ever since CHARACTER 1 was young, they've been told about this. for the most part they've expected it. until CHARACTER 2 made an appearance.

CHARACTER 2 is assigned to CHARACTER 1 as their personal assistant/servant/butler. due to -insert reason here- their last being no longer was fit for the position another was chosen.

this is normal for royals. they send most of their day with CHARACTER 2. it's only natural that the two would become close, right? those hidden glances and familiar brief touches comfort one another. surely there's nothing else to it. right?

(i won't lie to you - i have a real love for a prince/princess or king/queen falling in love with their handmaid/servant. i think it's really sweet, but also adds the drama of not being able make the relationship public as well as the risk of getting caught. a little spice! a little flare! perhaps the prince/princess is in the closet or secretive about their interest in the same gender which could lean on how they learn to accept who they are or have to push away their love to keep their family's "reputation" and "expectations".)

Reincarnated Love:
CHARACTER 1 has always loved CHARACTER 2. CHARACTER 2 loved CHARACTER 1 as a dear, dear friend. they were unaware of CHARACTER 1's feelings or too oblivious or unsure how to address them.
they were close allies in person or on the battlefield, perhaps closer than just physically. their souls were connected by an invisible thread that even death couldn't break.

-insert grand scale war-

this war has caused struggle around the land; especially the main kingdoms / territories. major players come out to try to find a way to deal with the issue, and it's no surprise that fate pulled CHARACTER 2 into it. CHARACTER 1 is brought into the middle of it with CHARACTER 2, because how could they refuse the one they love's request for aid? the problem wasn't simple - war or nature never is. it was a hard won peace. but all victories end up costing a price.

it was brutal.
many casualties were felt by all sides, and amongst those was none other than CHARACTER 2.
there's no amount of comfort that one could say to put CHARACTER 1 at ease. days turned to months, months turned to years, and soon it felt like an eternity had passed.

but rumor has it that every so often a soul that is destined for greatness can be reborn.
years or generations later, CHARACTER 2 is reborn. unaware of their past or relations to CHARACTER 1.
eventually the two tied by fate end up meeting again.

(i'm a huge sucker for romance, i'll admit that. i like the idea of fantasy races where CHARACTER 1 is a race that lives long or perhaps uses magic to prolong their life, still fully aware of their past. i want a little fluffy but also angst, because who doesn't like both? we could always spice it up with CHARACTER 2's death not being an accident -- but perhaps something more malicious by their allies for some reason. who knows! there's a lot we could do!)

|| Build on Plots ||

In Peace - We Unite:
a rough plot idea where we play at least one pair of main characters with several secondary characters.
it would consist of a starting point of ::
leaders and ambassadors coming together to try to solve the growing tensions. various fantasy races. old kingdoms meet new ones, long lived leaders come face to face with hot blooded young ones.
political drama, intrigue, etc.
perhaps one makes a move during this or an assassin is sent in to break up the meeting.
treaties made between certain ones, skirmishes, etc.
perhaps even secret affairs between leaders.

Mundane Meets Magic:
a simple concept with a wide range of side plots.
set in either a high fantasy or medieval setting.
humans have lived the majority of their existence without magic or the knowledge of it.
as they reach out and explore, they eventually come across other nations full of all kinds of beings.

Of Land and Sea
pirates! merfolk! cursed gold! oh my!
a wealthy investor hires a crew or a rag-tag group to go on a high seas adventure to fetch a long, lost treasure or a treasure of legend.
everything appears to be going smoothly until they come across a lost city. the upper half appearing to be abandoned. the lower half underneath the waves full of life and merfolk, hidden away from those who sought the treasure. but merfolk aren't the most friendly to outsiders, having not been around them for generations.

Now I'm just picturing the "fell into a good story" scene but the writer winds up trying to save a character they had removed from their story in the first place.
"I have nowhere to go, but I feel like I was destined for something, you know?"
Because the writer has been told to rewrite the story so many times that the original main character was completely written out. Now the author has to come to terms with what they wanted in the first place vs what the publisher demands.

Now I'm just picturing the "fell into a good story" scene but the writer winds up trying to save a character they had removed from their story in the first place.
"I have nowhere to go, but I feel like I was destined for something, you know?"
Because the writer has been told to rewrite the story so many times that the original main character was completely written out. Now the author has to come to terms with what they wanted in the first place vs what the publisher demands.

I like that idea! I see you sent me a message - I'll get a reply out to it shortly! ^^

Hey! I took interest and I'd love something along the lines of high fantasy with character development
Specifically I saw the plot In Peace - We Unite and I love the possibilities that can come from it!
The idea of multiple characters forming together as a group or our own kingdom and tackling against a problem leaves a lot for good story
I'm also interested in mxm!
Hopefully we can talk more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back