• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Unwind

David : “ A twelve pack of coke please .” A young skinny sunburnt boy with dirty blonde hair and eyes as blue as forget me nots takes his purchase and heads for the door of the gas station, he puts the twelve pack in his bike basket, life is good all things considered . He’s a Tithe well in the governments eyes he is , in his eyes however he a free man , since the tender age of 10 David Llyod has been AWOL and living in the swamps , earning his meat by hunting and fishing and earning his coke and other small luxuries that make life worth living by selling some of the game he’s caught at the local farmers market. Back home in Charleston he would have been caught and back home with his grandparents in a week , but out here in the back country no one gives a rat ass as long as you don’t say mub about who you are and you don’t try to rip people off . The first six months were Hell and he had almost starved to death . He was afraid back then, afraid that he couldn’t get a shot gun for hunting bird or a trap for catching deer . Then he meet Puller ... Was that a tear ? No just rain David sighs as he maneuvers his bike On to one of the back roads and then makes another turn into a clearing and dismounts something dosen’t feel right he’s had a funny feeling ever since he’s left the gas station he’s being followed ! He makes a mad dash for a cypress tree and pulls a carefully conseald sawed off shot gun out of its trunk . “Who goes there ?” David says his vocie struggling to stay calm .

“Does it hurt?”

The same question every time. Some of the time, the extroverts or the ones who have come to believe in the good it will do, they will ask it upright and quick. The other times, with the reluctant ones who seem like they’d be much better off sitting at home thinking for another day or two, they’d ask it at the end, their last question.

“Yes, but only for a moment. It’s like getting a flu shot, but there’s no ache afterwards.” He usually answers.

The little girl before him nodded, eyes down. After a few moments as she remained seated in her chair and he continued to stamp and sign the paperwork, the girl spoke again. “I don’t want to.”

Another reoccurring phrase during these sessions. He understood their feelings of unease, but there was no pulling her away from it. “You’re a healthy young girl who will be able to help many people by doing this. You’re very brave.”

Brave. The word burned in his throat. She wasn’t brave. She had no choice.

“Your daddy was in the army, wasn't he?” He asked, looking away from the papers and looking back to her. Her eyes glanced up and met his cool blue ones as he did. She nodded silently. “He must have been a hero. He probably saved hundreds of people, didn’t he?”

She nodded again.

“Even if it cost him everything?” He asked, earning another nod.

He left his seat and walked to her chair, crouching in front of her and placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Then you are following your daddy’s footsteps. You’re a hero, Lizzy, and the world will thank you for your service.”

There was a moment of silence between them and then the girl sprang forward, arms wrapped around the male’s small form, nearly knocking him to the ground as she hugged him. “I’m a hero.” She muttered softly beside him. “I’m a hero.” She repeated.

—————————

Unwinding Psychoanalyzer. A title he has held and been forced to defend for only four years now. After serving the military for only two years, abruptly being shot in the eye during a PT session, and then attending college fast-tracked for two more years, Dr. Simon Sparks had become something he had never intended.

He was a judge.

Not of whether people were criminals or not, but whether people were fit to be killed and dismantled for people.

It was his job to come in every morning and speak with children. Either to help ease them into the process or, on the very rare and luckiest of days, rules them out as ‘Unfit for Unwinding.’ Those were the good days. Rare, but good.

——————————

“I’m heading out. We are upstate next week, right?” He asked as he walked to the door, pausing by another office where a larger man was casually whistling while washing his hands.

“Yep. I’ll let you know if Spiros says otherwise.”

“Okay, thank you, Tiedrich.” Sinon said as he began to head outside, keys in hand.

He reached his bike and flipped it on swiftly, then taking the smooth black helmet from the seat and pulling it on as he climbed onto the bike.

He eventually reached the store and waited for a few moments, putting the helmet back onto the bike and then entering.

Usually, he would be in and out in no less than a couple minutes. Just needed some microwave food for tonight after he had been running low for the last few days. But he paused for a moment, slowing his pace as he noticed some muddy shoe prints on the floor. He disregarded them though and began collector his items, pausing again as he noticed the source. A muddy and rather filthy looking boy.

After obtaining his items, he debated internally for a few moments before deciding that while it wasn’t his business, he was a child psychologist and it was his duty to ensure everything was alright. He hoped this was just an accident and not some form of neglect...

He abandoned the motorbike and silently followed the kid, eventually finding him at a swamp and being called out. He swiftly raised both hands and replied, “My name is Dr. Simon Sparks.”

David spat on the ground , a doctor. Had his grandparents found out where he was and had sent people after him to convince him to come home and accept his duty as a tithe ? What if some one at the farmers market found out that he was a tithe and this was a trick and this wasn’t a doctor but a juvie cop in disguise.

“You can tell gramps, or that lankey preacher son of a bitch that I ain’t getting tiithed and if they had the balls they’d come and try and take me themselves “ . David said with a snare but as soon as he said it he turned a bright shade of red he had said to much .

“Damn It ! “ David thought . There had always been a plan if anyone had asked any questions Puller made him rehearse what he was going to say time and time again when they were out hunting or out fishing or just at random Puller would pretend to be a worried adult and he would have to make up a story . David had thought that all the rehearing they did was a waste of time but Puller was insistent and David felt obliged to listen to anything Puller told him , He did save his life after all .

“What now ?” David thought as he kept his shot gun trained on the man .” I can’t just shot him they would find his body and if he’s a doctor then people will start asking questions and snooping around .”

“State your business, .” David said trying to keep the fear out of his voice .

“I didn’t mean to startle you,” Dr. Sparks began, keeping his hands out in the open.

He was a smaller man, both in height and mass. Light blond hair with the faintest of brown roots, hair to just lower than his chin, most of it currently tied up at the moment. He had pale skin and a vivid blue eye, his other eye a much more dull shade of brown, yet still a stark contrast to his otherwise fair features.

He wore a simply outfit, a crème colored cardigan with some black slacks and a white dressshirt along with a black belt. He appeared to be in his mid-twenties, perhaps only slightly older.

“I don’t mean any harm. I just thought.. I was worried. My apologies. I should not have gotten into your business.” He said softly, his tone gentle and timid.

‘A runaway.’ He silently made note for himself. His eyes skimmed across the kid as he tried to analyze any possible information he could pick up from him in order to ease the situation. He had dealt with violent reactions before. He had once taken a pen through the hand from a particularly violent young man, as well as had the air once knocked out of him by a girl during a moment of panic.

This kid though, was difficult to analyze. What had he said? Gramps? A preacher? He clearly felt disdain for both of them. Had his family attempted to sell him perhaps? Some families did that, sadly. Or had they simply tried to get rid of him? It didn’t matter. With the barrel of a gun to his face, Sparks knew it was best to not press forward too much.

“I made a mistake. I saw you at the market, covered in dirt, and I was just worried. Naturally, I think anyone would be worried to see a child come stumbling into a store covered in mud.” Simon said softly, remaining in his place but calmly lowering his hands while maintaining eye contact. “I have a taser in my pocket. Would you like me to give it to you?” He offered smoothly. He figured it was best to alert the child rather than letting it go unsaid and be potentially be noticed.

Slowly, he pulled the taser out of his pocket with one hand, holding it out for the child as a sign of trust, glancing at it for a moment as he did so in order to ensure that the prong were not directed at the child, in turn, it being aimed straight at him.

“I mean no harm.” Sparks said in a soft tone.

David was shocked at the man’s calmness. “Give it to me “ David said wearily taking the stun gun and firing it’s contents harmlessly into the woods. He didn’t want to be playing highwayman today no today was supposed to be a day of celebration today his brother turned 18 .

The guy obviously worked with unwinds that cardigan and the taser don’t usually go together unless tithing or unwinding are involved.

“Look”. David said returing the empty stun gun to its owner, “ I don’t want any trouble, you said you didn’t want any trouble let’s make a deal .” David then walked over to his bike taking his. 12 pack out of the basket .

“You carry my drinks to my camp and i’ll treat you to dinner then you walk out of the woods not riddled with bullet holes and we’ll pretend we never meet sound good ?” David still had his shotgun trained on the short thin man with blonde hair .

Why was he offering this ? Curiosity about the man’s profession was he a surgeon at one of the harvest camps ? Maybe he was just desperate to get back to his camp and fix dinner he was hungry as hell and having help to move his drinks would speed up the process. Or maybe he was just lonely and needed a companion his brother was in Alaska ( thank god ) , and his friend Puller ....

“You coming ?” David asked taking his bike and moving into the swamp he left his coke at the mans feet so he could carry them .

Simon cautiously waited a few moments after the child had already begun to walk away. He was.. Surprised. To say the least. It was rare to be trusted so quickly. Especially in his line of work. He then glanced back at the kid as the kid asked if he was coming. He gave a swift nod as he crouched down and picked the drinks off the ground, beginning to follow the boy while looking around at the scenery. Dinner with a child? A bit strange, he had to admit. Dinner with an unwind, nonetheless.

"I'm coming." He said, tone still soft but carrying a faint hint of confusion.

He continued to look around at the scenery as he walked. He had to admit, at least to himself, it was a very pleasant sort of scenery. Similar to some paintings that he had seen a long time ago, ones that he could not even recall the artist's own name. Beautiful though. Even if he had to step so cautiously with every movement as to not find his shoe sink into a puddle of mud where he would likely not be able to find it again if lost.

"How old are you?" He finally asked after a little bit, his brows furrowed in confusion. The boy looked like a young child, couldn't even be a teenager yet, could he? How could anyone, much less a child, live out here? He then paused for a moment as he waited, wishing to not let his curiosity get the best of him. "If you don't mind me asking." He added afterward politely.

David pushed his bike back to the camp being very mindful to take a series of twist and turns though the swamp to confuse the man who was carrying his drinks .

He allowed himself a small chuckle as he watched the doctor take extra care not to step into the muck that so defined the swamps of South Carolina .

David was reminded of himself when he first came down here , not as an AWOL tithe but as a much smaller boy of around six maybe five years old with his Dad . They had gone camping and he had told him stories of the partisan rangers who used to hide out here from the British during the Revolution. He missed his father terribly.

They walked in silence for a bit in till they reached the small clearing where David’s camp was when finally the man spoke “ How old are you ?” He asked “ twelve “ came David’s reply “i’ll be thirteen this October . “ David gave an audible sign it was already late July .

David had a sneaking suspicion that the reason why no one had bugged him so far was because of his age he was ten when he first kicked AWOL and no one paid him any mind . But he just knew as soon as he turned thirteen that the juvies would begin a sweep for him . Every week he went to the local library to use the computer to see if his name was in the MTD ( missing tithe database ) a low and behold there he was . His grandparents and the Juvies were planing something he just knew it .

“We’re here !” David called . David’s camp consisted of a large cooking fire with various spieces of critters and stews cooking over it and a canapy tent where at either side of the entrance stood a crudely carved flag poll on each side . On one flew the standard of the US Marine Corps a remeant to David’s previous mentor on the other pool flew the flag of the infamous pirate Edward Teach otherwise known as Blackbeard a banner of David’s choice .

The first thing that David did when he got into camp was to take his bike and rush into the canapy shuting the flaps behind him . He made sure that all weapons were secure so we would not be over taken . “ Make yourself at home i’ll be out in a minute!”

As Simon's eyes drifted across the small campsite, he was surprised to see how much the boy had accomplished here. It was not much, but it was still surprising in comparison to back when he had been a child and could barely pitch a tent without it collapsing over himself. But one specific thing caught his eye.

His eyes were drawn first to the flag pole, then flickering up to rest on the familiar red flag of the eagle, globe, and anchor. He stared at it for a few moments in silence before tearing his gaze away and looking around the rest of the area while nodding at the boy's comment to make himself at home. Simons glanced around again, seeing a few large logs by the fireside and deciding to sit there while patiently waiting and continuing to look around the area.

He looked to the flag again for a few moments. He could almost see the familiar yellow flag beside it, the hat, two swords and all. He never saw that flag much anymore. It was refreshing to see it again.

David hates his tithing whites , however with food being his main priority from day to day getting a new set set of clothes really didn’t seem all that important. David has three sets of robes one that were once pure white now a muddy grey from trekking though the woods another set of pure white robes which he keeps in prestine condition just in case he ever has to go into town and he doesn’t want to look like a vangabond and the final set which are pure white expect the sleeves which have green accents. These were his default party clothes

His grandparents had given them as a gift for not complaining about being a tithe for a whole week . For a while after he went AWOL David was afraid that he would grow out of his old clothes but then he realized that tithing whites were supposed to be too big to give the wearer an angle like appearance.

There was one final part of David’s party dress and that’s his fathers sword . A short thing patterd after a knights sword it had a blood red hilt with a golden pommel with a blue gemstone in it . It was a complete waste of space , it was cumbersome and had no real use out here in the woods , and if he ever did get into combat it would probably had little use there and it was David’s most prized possession.

David buckled on his sword and stepped out of the tent and saw the Doctor staring at the Marine Corps Banner .... Pullers Marine Corps banner “ You served ?” David asked neutrally as he went over to put some venison stakes on the fire .

"Hm? Oh, yes. Not as a Devil Dog though." Simon murmured, recalling the term her had fondly remembered his mates calling each other. "I was a navy crewman, assigned at Parris Island for the second battalion." Simon calmly stated, glancing at the boy and noticing the peculiar sword. Not a weapon that many would see these days. Regardless, he decided to settle on the source of the conversation, figuring that anything to ease the tension between them both would likely be helpful for the current situation. "Did you know someone who served before?"

He asked while indicated at the flag for a moment.

[Apologies for the short post, could not find much to add.]

David smiled at the devil dog reference, “yes... I did “ David stoped to think about what to say how much should he tell this man who he is ninety nine percent sure who works with unwinds ?

“He was a milltary Beuf “ David said flatly “ A good one to , taught me everything I know about cooking and hunting and ... Safed my life “ . David says the last bit lowly and glups

David paused for a moment and went on without even knowing what he was saying till it was out on the table . “ He was stationed at Paris Island too intill he made a nasty comment about unwinding and he was put on a list to be sent to harvest camp “ David smiles turning over the venison so it can cook on the other side .

“ That ain’t the end of the story though , you see , are little Beuf cheated the surgeons and escaped by trading ID numbers with another Beuf “.....

David smiled seasoning the meat .” He came out here to the swamps and helped me survive you think i’m skinny now man you should have seen me then “.

“Steaks are done!” David said smiling there were tears in his eyes as he passed the doctor a coke “Eat up , so Doctor Simeon is it ? What do you do exactly what I mean is ...What part of the body do you cut up ?” The question was out there as hot and heavy as the camp fire

Last edited:
Simon smiled a little at hearing the story, glad to hear that the boy had not been completely alone all this time. Even if that meant that there must be a reason why this Beuf was no longer here anymore. Sadly, Sparks had his assumptions for what could have happened to the man. The same thing that happens to all unwinds that are eventually caught.

His smile was gone though immediately as the question was posed. Not gone, actually, but wavered. It shifted from the soft and light-hearted smile that he reserved almost completely for the office room to a much more forced and bitter smile. Sad, obviously, though still there. It was clear in his eyes. "I cut up the mind." He replied solemnly.

He waited a moment before deciding to continue. He did not want to frighten the kid and figure that elaboration would be best. As he spoke, he simply held the coke in his hand while keeping his gaze to the side and away from the kid while trying to explain the concept. "Have you ever seen one of those crime shows where you have someone standing before a man who decides their fate? Like whether they will go home, go to jail, or will be given a different sentence?" He asked, implying the so-called different sentence. "It is my job to act as the man they stand before. The judge. But I don't do that with bad people. I do that with normal people, just like you and any other kid on the street. When it comes time for a family to decide if their kid should.. You know.. Then I am supposed to serve as the judge for whether the kid should or not. Usually, that is a mere matter of whether the child is healthy enough. If their body cannot be properly salvaged, then there is no need for such things. Sometimes the children can even have other reasons to not undergo such a process, such as family members that have not been properly consulted beforehand about the procedure, or perhaps the child could have hidden defects that make them too difficult to transfer." He explained, almost feeling as if he was explaining the whole process back in the office to some kid about to get sliced open on a table. He regretted making the comparison, but he had explained his job in such a way many times before. "Sometimes, usually, the child is perfectly healthy. Their parents have agreed. Everyone is prepared, sometimes even the kid themselves. In those situations, there is nothing else that I can do but stamp the papers in approval."

Simon explained, sighing at the end, still looking away and not drinking the coke. He glanced at the kid at the end though, maintaining a stony expression as he waited for the kid to either shout at him to leave and never return or whatever would happen. Typically, he had spoken in controlled settings. Oddly, it was relieving to not be stuck with following the specific script he had been forced to recite for so many years.

David ate his steak and drake his drink as he listened intently when he heard what he said about cutting up the minds he almost gaged . As soon as he eleaborated David didn’t know how to feel .

“So your like a therapist for unwinds is that it ?” There wasn’t disgust in the boy’s voice only curiosity. “How dose a man go from being a sailor to consoling parents about killing there kids ?”

“No offense “. David adds quickly trying to change topics he asks “ How do you like your steak?” When the man doesn’t respond David sighs “Can I ask you a question Simeon ?”

David takes his silence as approval “ Do you think i’m fit for harvest be honest now “.... Again the question hangs heavy in the air David was hoping for a him to say no to say that he would drive David home and they could rub it in to his grandparents that David Llyod wasn’t going to have his guts ripped out of him and shoved into another human being.

“It depends,” Simon murmured as he thought for a few moments. “There’s more to it than just looking at someone and deciding whether it not it’s worth doing the procedure. As I said, we also have to take deformities, defects and the such into account. It’s rather complicated.” Simon said.

He thought for a few moments as he tried to think through some possibilities. “Extreme heart deformities tend to be a factor that can halt the operation or even rule it out due to the heart’s importance in the body, the same is true for the brain. Has your family had a history of such deformities?”

David shock his head .” No , I don’t all healthy here .” He let out a great sigh . “My grandparents knew that I was going to be a tithe since I was seven i’ve went to so many doctors and they did all sorts of test “ . David takes another bite of steak .

“They couldn’t find anything wrong “. David says the last part with bitterness .

Why were his parents dead ? Why did it have to be him ? More importantly why did have to get stuck with the grandparents he did?

David finishes his steak and stands up . “Time for desert !” David says with a grin he then walks over to a small cooler and produces a small chocolate cake with the words “Happy Birthday Will!” Wrtien on it the gloom had Suddenly vanished from his voice .

“He’s my brother .” I explain setting the cake down and cutting a piece “ He’s been on the run from your pepole ever since I went AWOL he’s 18 today and safe from the scalpel “ . David puts a piece on Simeon’s plate

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Simon murmured quietly.

He smiled a little as the kid told him about his brother. “I’m glad to hear that.” He said, beaming softly at the kid. “Think you will join him?”

(Sorry, still don’t have much to add.)

David looked into the camp fire and smiled a sad smile .”Maybe “ he said quietly

“It all depends “. David thoughts for one in a blue moon didn’t turn to what was his next meal was going to be no instead they took a trip to a coulple months from now .

If he could remain safe in this swamp for another six years in till he reached 18 then he saw no reason why not to . He was comfortable here he knew the game he knew where to sell his pelts without ruffling any feathers . He had made his home here but what if the swamp wasn’t safe ?

What if even as David sat around this campfire eating venison and cake that his grandparents and the juvies were hatching some scheme to trap him ? What would be the point to staying here . David answerd the mans question a little unsure of himself .
“ If I can remain here safe without fear anyone coming after me then I’ll stay . There’s no point in risking my life if I can wait a couple of years then see my brother all I want . If I can’t and I know that someone’s going to try and come after me .... Then there’s no use in dying like a trapped rat .”

David finishes his meal in silence. He waits till Simeon is done with his steak before asking .

“So Doc what are you going to do... About me , i’m a tithe my parts are worth a lot of money more than the usal unwind your used to dealing with... You could get promoted big time wherever you work and my grandpa would probably pay you a lot of money for my safe return “ .

He doesn’t know why he’s telling him this maybe it’s because well he knows and David knows that this man will do what he wants .

Simon frowned at the boy's response to the idea of seeing his brother. He was disappointed to hear the kid give up so quickly but understood that it was probably for the best. With little to no food, money, and ability there wasn't much that someone in this kid's position could do. Trying to run up North would probably just result in him being caught at the border.

Simon glanced up from his train of thought as the kid dropped another question on him. Simon waited a moment, thinking about the best response. A heavy topic.. "You really do ask a lot of questions, huh?" Simone asked in a soft and faintly playful tone, attempting to lighten the mood but to no avail. He sighed and set his plate aside, thinking over all that he had heard in the last hour or so. His years of job experience told him that he needed to do 'the right thing'. Pick up the phone and call one of his colleagues. Tell them that he had a runaway with him. His experience told him to take the gun and turn it on the kid if need be, whatever he could do to 'do the right thing'.

But it wasn't right. Not to him. Not if it took this long to answer.

Simon sighed deeply again, glancing to the side as he began to stand up from his seat on the log. "Sorry, who are you?" Simon mumbled quietly after all that had already been said, turning down the prospect of great wealth and promotions. He glanced back at the kid then began to reach into his jacket, pulling out a receipt from the store and a pen and beginning to scribble something down. As he handed it to the kid, he looked the kid in the eyes to emphasize his next words.

"If you ever need anything, or if you simply cannot find anyone to turn to, this is my address. Please do not lose it or be caught with it." Simon stated solemnly as he held the scrap of paper out for the kid.

[It's up to David. I'm cool with anyone who wants to join.]

David looked at the scrap of paper for a moment he hoped his eyes weren’t showing it but his heart felt a great since of relief .

“Your not turning me in.” Was all David said his vocie heavy with relive then he took the piece of paper from the man and said .” Thanks Doc if it gets to bad you’ll be the first one I call “. They stood there awkwardly for a moment the fire illuminating their faces .

David gave a small nod and said “You ready to ship out ?”

He then looked down at Simeon’s empty plate and said with obviously satisfaction “Enjoy your meal ?”

Before Siemon could answer David went into his canapy and retrieved his shot gun . He doubted Siemon would turn him in but it never pays to take chances especially if your an AWOL tithe .

David then began to lead the way out of his camp site gesturing Siemon to follow suite

(I’d rather keep this just an 1x1 Rp if anyone wants to do an Unwind Rp they can but I prefer 1x1 to group Rp’s They tend to get bogged down).

Simon nodded, "It was very good. I am surprised you know how to cook so well." He said calmly, his eyes flickering to the shotgun for a moment before seeming to brush it off. He then followed David back through the swamp.

As they reached the end of the trip, Simon would speak again. "Thank you for having me for dinner. I hope that everything works out for you." He added at the end, glancing at the kid for a moment while continuing to trudge through the swamplands.

David nooded and smiled .” Your company was much appreciated Doctor Simeon “.

The strange dinner party of the unwilling tithe and gruff unwind councilor reached the end of their joinery at the clearing where a few hours before the tithe had threaded the councilor with a shotgun.

“Hopefully, the next time we meet will be in six years when i’m Eighteen then Doctor Simeon maybe you could treat me to supper “.

The boy gave a graceful bow and like a forest spirt faded into the dark and gloomy swamp .

David had an easy time falling asleep that night his belly full of meat and his mind easy . He would go to market tomorrow to sell some of his pelts then he would high tail it over to the library maybe read up on Agincourt . With his brothers eighteenth birthday behind him David looked forward to only having to worry about his own survival .

That poor devil if he only knew the half of it ...

That next morning at the police station where Simeon worked a old man and a old woman stood paseing out side the station .

“Richard you being ridiculous don’t worry we’ll find him” . The old woman said putting a hand on her husband .

“ That ungrateful little snot nosed ...”

“Mr. Llyod !” Came a vocie an man slightly younger than Mr. Llyod stepped out of a BMW . He wore a red carigan over a white dress shirt he was tall and lanky and although he was slightly younger than Mr. Llyod his hair was dyed grey to give him a grandfatherly appearance.

“I don’t care how lost your lamb is , he’s a tithe and is a blessing to you and man kind !” Mr. Llyod looked rather sheepish and turned bright red .” Sorry , how very foolish of me it’s just that our grandson has giving us trouble for the last two years and...”

Just then the passenger door to the BMW opend and out stepped a young woman who could be no older than 22 maybe 23 at most . She had dark brown hair and eyes that were a little too blue .

“That poor baby , living out on his own this whole time !” The young woman said .

“Mr. Llyod this is my intern Rachel she wants to work with tithes “. Rachel extended her hand to Mr. Llyod but Mrs. Lloyd smaked it away .

“He’s married “. She said and the group had a small chuckle like they were meeting at a garden club and not here to discuss the tracking down of a boy for the purpose of harvesting his organs .

Rachel praddled on about her experience with tithes how she had been a chauffeur to different harvest camps , how she spent her summers working with at risk AWOL tithes and how she helped them to expect their fate , how her little sister was a tithe .

Inside the police station Tiedrich was getting a kick out of watching the old couple , the special tithing agent and his pretty intern make small talk .

“ Can you believe this Dr . Sparky one Little tithe goes missing for two years and they have to send in guys all the way up from Boston “.

Tiedrich looked down at his friend worrying he was on his second mug of Joe , and had bags under his eyes .

“Partying a little to hard for a Tuseday aren’t we ? “ Tendrich said teasly just then the Sherif, the police commissioner and the head of unwinding psychology walks in followed by the grandparents the tithing agent and his intern .

“ I don’t see what’s all the fuss is about with tithes ?” Tendrich says “ If they go AWOL why not just give them a tranq bullet and a day in the cooler that would set their spoiled asses strai...”

Just then the voice of the comisoner says “More”. Tendrich goes silent when his last name is called “Sir “ . The big man says as meekly as a kitten “ We want you and Doctor Sparks to follow us to the confrence room both of your expertise might me required “

Sparks rolled his eyes at Tiedrich and his comments, faintly listening in on the conversation as well but mostly attempting to disregard Tiedrich and choke down the bitter coffee, creamer had run out a while back and he had intended to get more but never really found the time.

“At least he don’t show up shiftfaced half of the workweek.” Dr. Doe chuckled from the sidelines, nudging both of them while grabbing a bagel and some cream cheese.

“But you do, Doe?..” Simon replied, tilting his head at Doe for a moment.

Doe would chuckle in response. “Yeah, you’re right.” Doe laughed obnoxiously.

Simon glanced up from his coffee as he heard his last name called, then exchanging a glance with Tiedrich. “Oh dear.” Sparks murmured softly as he finished the last few sips of coffee, set the cup aside and walked with Tiedrich to the conference room.

“Why don’t ‘cha shuffle your feet a bit more?” Doe laughed as they went to the conference room.

The conference room was a large room with a long mahogany table and chairs for twenty people, the small group of nine spread out around the large table .

The tithe agent and his intern sat at the head of the table closest to the projector, the grandparents sat on one side the city officials the other .

Tiedrich and Siemon grabbed a set on the grandparents side but farther away as to give them space . The tithing agent cleared his throat and spoke .

“ Good morning everyone I am agent Fairfax and i’m a Speical Agent of The AWOL Tithe Department of the Juvenile Authority “ .

“And i’m Rachel , I want to work with tithes “.

“I wish I was a tithe “ . Whisperd Tiedrich to Siemon obviously checking Rachel out . Agent Fair Fax went on .

“ If you hadn’t had already guessed as the purpose of being here we are about to start operations to apprehend an AWOL tithe that’s been in the area for sometime “.

The Sheif a rather portly fellow began to squirm a little in his seat , In obvious discomfort .

Fairfax pressed a button and the lights dimmed and he pressed another to turn on the projector.

On the first slide was a picture of the target . A young boy wearing tithing whites . The photo was a class picture taken two years ago but the boy in the picture was clearly David .

“ David Llyod has been AWOL for two years he turns thirteen in three months from now and me Miss Drapes and the Llyods would like to have him in a harvest camp the day after he turns thirteen “.

Again the Sherif fidgeted in his chair .

“ Something wrong Smokey Bear ?” Tiedrich said slyly.

“No , not at all !” The Sherif said defensively.

“Your on thin ice More , thin ice !” The Police Commissioner said gruffly.

“Sorry sir “. Tiedrich said quietly.

“Moving on !” Agent Fair Fax said briskly and a little harshly . The business of regular juvie cops was beneath this man he worked with tithes and the capture and consoling of this lost lamb in preparation of his density was more important than all this petty squabbling. He would not allow it to interfere .

He then pressed another button and pulled up a picture of the swamp where for two years David had called home .

The Sherif cleared his throat and stood up . His eyes never left the ground as he explained the situation.

“ My department has been keeping an eye on Mr. Llyod for a while now and we have determined that he his currently hiding out here “.

“ So what’s the plan ?” Tiedrich said . “ Storm the place and get the kid in his sleep ?”

The Sherif gave Tiedrich a dirty look . Rachel gasped at the idea of pulling a dirty trick like that on a tithe , in Rachel’s mind at least , tithes were to be eased into their dived state with honesty and care the way her family did with her sister.

Fairfax went bright red with anger and was about to say something when surprisingly the Police Commisoner spoke up in his defense.

“You’ll have to forgive Tendrich , he’s a good man . Wonderful with AWOLs just a little rough around the edges “ .

Fairfax nooded . His seemingly limitless patients restored . “ No Mr. More the plan is not that , instead we are going to try a much more gentle apoarch, Sheriff Buller if you please .”

The Sheriff stood up again and slowly he said.” The suspect..”

“David “ . Rachel said “ His name is David” . Rachel didn’t like it when any one called a tithe an AWOL or suspect these were tithes ! Tithes who had maybe lost their way but still tithes and for the next three months it was her job to make sure they got where they needed to be .

Fairfax smiles at Rachel’s concern but the Sheriff still looks a bit green around the gills as he continues

“Right, David “. The Sheriff says taking a deep breath “ He does business in the farmers market . Mr. Fairfax has suggested that we try and talk to him and persuade him to come in on his own will .”

The head of Unwind psychology smiled at Siemon . “That’s where you come in Dr. Sparks , although are tithing agent friends are more than capable of dealing with out friend in the market I was thinking that we could have you go with Mr. Fairfax and provied an extra pair of hands just in case “.

“Where do I come in ?” Tiedrich asked gruffly .

“ Your In charge of the juvies “ . The police commissioner said “. If the kid won’t come willingly we’re going to have at least fifty tranq guns trained on him your in charge of them .”

Tiedrich nooded and then Fairfax spoke “ Any questions ?” He asked smothly

Far away from the police station David was having a bad day .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back