• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unwind

Discord for ooc?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

koala

* YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE SERIES.
[div class=tab1]Info
[div class=tab2]Links[/div]

[div

class="tabsContent tabsContent1"][div class=container][div class=textbox]The year 2044 marked a tremendous change in the U.S.A. The pro-life and pro-choice debate was met with compromise. It was to "unwind" children.

Officials came together after the Second Civil Bomb, or the Heartland War, which was caused by the pro-life and pro-choice parties. The nuclear explosion turned the west coast into a wasteland, killing a percentage of the population and forcing nearby residents to move eastwards. The federal government's response was to enact the Safeguard Policy, also known as SGP.

SGP allowed parents to sign an order for their children between the ages of 13 and 18 to be unwound—taken to "harvest camps" and having their body parts harvested for later use. The reasoning was that since 99.44% of the body had to be used, unwinds did not technically die because their individual body parts lived on. In addition to unwinding, parents who are unable to raise their children to age 13 for retroactive abortion have the option to "stork" their child by leaving it on another family's porch. If they don't get caught, the "storked" baby then becomes the other family's responsibility. (taken from Wikipedia)

Our story begins in Ellsworth, Maine in the largest meat factory in the state.

Stuff to know:
• This will be a casual-detailed roleplay, meaning a minimum of one well-developed paragraph.
• This is not first come first serve.
• You have to be okay with your character dying or losing a body part, etc. It's just kind of the storyline, you know?
• Maximum of two characters at a given time, however, both or neither of them are guaranteed a spot. I will give advice through the period on how you can improve your character for acceptance.
• Minimum of one post a week. I know people are busy, especially with school starting soon.
• There will be biweekly or monthly check-ins depending on everyone's preference.
• Please stay in touch. Let me know if you're no longer interested or can't post for a while. We can figure something out.
• You have 3 strikes before I ask you to leave and kill off your character. Not posting your one post minimum earn you some strikes.
• The week will start Sunday 12:00 am Central Time and end Saturday 11:59 pm Central Time. You have all that time to post at least once in the ic.
• RPN rules apply obviously.
• My character will play the leader of sorts to help guide everyone in the story. Everyone is welcomed to throw in surprises and ideas though. I am not a god.
• Always accepting until story reaches it's end.
• IC will be on forum, OOC will be on either forum, Discord, or both.[/div][/div][/div][div

class="tabsContent tabsContent2"][div class=container][div class=textbox]Interest Check

Lore

Characters

Out-of-Character

In-Character[/div][/div][/div][/div]
tumblr_inline_pcyo8tqB0m1t64gbw_500.gif

tumblr_o2pth9DtSk1s1moyno1_500.gif

tumblr_pa41wtPQRu1u6fq9ao1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mmuq67Bow01qz4rgp.gif

[class=container]width: 285px; height: 245px; margin-top: 10px; position: absolute; z-index: 1; border-bottom: 30px solid #333333; border-top: 1px solid #333333; padding: 10px; [/class] [class=textbox]height: 215px; width: 255px; background: #FFFFFF; color: #545454; font-size: 12px; padding: 15px; overflow-y: auto; line-height: 1.5;[/class] [class=tab1]display: inline-block; background-color: #EAEAEA; border: 2px solid #FFFFFF; color: #333333; height: 40px; width: 140px; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; padding-top: 3px; position: absolute; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 5px;[/class] [class=tab2]display: inline-block; background-color: #EAEAEA; border: 2px solid #FFFFFF; color: #333333; height: 40px; width: 140px; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; padding-top: 3px; position: absolute; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 155px;[/class] [class name=tab1 state=hover]background-color: #FAFAFB;[/class] [class name=tab2 state=hover]background-color: #FAFAFB;[/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabsContent2 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent4 show tabsContent1[/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabsContent1 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent4 show tabsContent2[/script]

The original thread is under Fandom, but seeing as not many people in the Fandom section are familiar with the series, I've decided to post it here. You honestly don't have to have any knowledge of Unwind. Think about this being a completely separate idea as we will be developing and creating the story ourselves. The only thing similar is the unwind concept and the war.

Last edited:
I think I'd be traumatized if I read it. Lmao I am sensitive to stuff w/kids.
I was pretty okay with it until a “new” character popped up. He was pretty odd and deformed. The whole series is really about the kids fighting back though. Less unwinding and more saving the future type of stuff.

I actually had a friend tell me about this book a few years ago. It's interesting. ...I'm not sure I'm interested in joining, but I just wanted to stop by and let you know someone else knows what you're talking about, lol. :xFsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back