• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Unto the Golden Age; Long-term reactive-worldbuilding. [Open; semi-advanced to advanced roleplayers.]

Solaria

Magic Eight Ball
Hey there; veteran roleplayer with about ten years of experience here, looking to host a roleplay in a universe of my own creation (based heavily off Caves of Qud, and lightly influenced by Warhammer 40k; if you're not familiar with either of these things, don't worry about it, that isn't required).

In short, the roleplay will be a long-term project with about as many people as are interested as joining on. It will not be centrally focused on any one specific area, but will instead aim to encompass every aspect of empire-buillding and all things involved with that - from politics to warfare to the establishment & foundation of noble-houses and institutions, with myself acting as a general-GM where needed, as well as a guide to all-things lore-related, as it would be obscene for me to expect players to know all of this (and this lack of knowledge is accounted for in the way characters are being handled).

Players will be allowed and encouraged to deviate and pursue their own goals, with the world and its inhabitants (and other players, I'd hope) reacting in kind. Clawing one's way up the ranks of the legions, competing for glory to establish a noble house and engaging in internal-politics & scheming to advance one's status, exploring the ruins of the old world for technology & knowledge, etc etc. It's got a bit of everything for everybody.

The general-universe takes place on Earth in the far, far future, after a universal social collapse of a unified mankind. The results of ancient technology and the supernatural run amok, but exist in a state of conflict with eachother by nature - psionics, magic, bio-cybernetic enhancement are all available, and all incorporated in their own, more-or-less sensible and consistent way. Humankind has divided and devolved into two distinct categories of elitist-purebreds & mutants who do not so much live together as practice isolationism and try to pretend the other doesn't exist at all.

This is all just sort of a general premise of things - if there's any interest in this, I'll go into a bit more detail about the general world & lore/state of things and how we'll handle characters, and for whoever is still interested after that, I'll work on a case-by-case basis to see what everybody wants to see out of the roleplay - both in general, and for their specific character(s).

I'm interested. I wouldn't call myself an advanced roleplayer, but I'm experienced. I'm interested in the concept and would love to use this as an opportunity to grow my skills alongside people who are considered advanced or semi.

Hope you'll have me, if not that's cool, I totally understand.

Last edited:
I am quite interested in this, especially as someone who DMs and loves intricate world building (I would love to see what you do!). If you would have me, I'd love to play a part in your world! I do lit and semi-lit and am definitely prepared to do a long term role play. For experience, I've never had the luck of doing something as in-depth as what you are thinking of. I've done lots of casual role plays and some live action digital role plays before, as well as DM for tabletop role playing games. Of course like the person above, if you don't think i'm a good fit than no harm no foul!

Last edited:
Glad to have everyone on-board! I'll get a general overview of the lore and everything up hopefully tonight when I'm home from work - I have a friend visiting from out of state from the 9th-12th, so I won't be around on those days, just as a forewarning! If it's not up tonight, it'll be up after that period for sure.

I am interested! I'd also like to discuss with you about what I could bring to the table/what is allowed. DM me when you're able!

What kind of robots exist here?

I'll get back to you on that tomorrow - did you have something specific you wanted to do?

Alright all, here's the general idea behind things, I'll get more into specifics on the nature of sorcery, psionics, mutants and the like tomorrow (or as it becomes relevant for people with character concepts in mind):

The year is 6740, thousands of years after the collapse of humanity's star-spanning empire. Contact and knowledge of the worlds among the stars has been lost, reduced to nothing but distant memory. In the midst of the societal collapse, most human cities and other forms of settlements fell and were reduced to ruin as a result of infighting, disease, scarcity of supplies, and a host of other issues - a handful of megacities, known as dome-cities or arcologies, survived the collapse with most of their technological power intact, remaining safe, secure and comfortable at the cost of gradual cultural & societal decline into decadence.

The outside world has become a dangerous cesspool where nature itself is out to get you. Rampant genetic experimentation & splicing during mankind's peak have - without maintenance - led to a biological decline of the species as a whole. Those that survive outside the arcologies have become mutants, existing in little more than small settlements, villages and warbands fighting & competing with eachother for territory and the scraps of ancient technology, which can (for the most part) no longer be maintained or produced with any amount of reliability. The ruins of old megacities, gene-labs and various industrial compounds litter the overgrown landscape. Earth has become a ruin of unchecked technological advancements run amok, inhabited by mutated people, strange beasts and ancient security systems maintained by autonomous artificial-intelligences housed deep within the planet's crust.

Not since the collapse has there been any true success in forming any kind of lasting civilization or empire, until the year 6700, when a group of mutant scavengers from the Southern jungles broke into a mostly-intact facility. From this facility emerged Elva - a clone, or cryogenically frozen remnant from before the collapse, who managed to successfully unite a selection of mutant tribes on the Southern Coast. This union born of conquest eventually managed to subsume and conscript a handful of smaller arcologies, forming the fledgling Ostillian Empire and founding the city of Irridae on the back of slave labor from nearby conquers.

Since the formation of the Empire in 6700, it has come to encompass nearly the entirety of the Southern expanse, and has withstood the tests of time and war reasonably well. The Empire operates in a pseudo-feudal way, with noble houses acting as the modern aristocracy & politicians, vying with eachother for power and influence under the Empress's gaze. These houses provide the bulk of military personnel and production-capacity for the Empire, each of them housing its own selection of hand-picked staff that manage the day-to-day dealings from their holds in the South. Each of these Houses was established on a basis of merit & service - it is, in theory, possible for the lowliest of individuals to accomplish a feat great enough to warrant being uplifted and given a noble house.

The Empire's military consists of a series of Legions, each varying wildly in their approach to combat, armaments and heraldry; they inherit a large degree of culture from the noble house which they are birthed from - in this way, each Legion and house has its own unique & distinctive identity, though most of them typically follow the same tiered-approach to unit organization. Legionnaires, Cataphracts and Janissaries make up the primary formations of the legions, with handfuls of specialized subsections existing between these three core groups - these include sorcerer-battlegroups, armored companies, scout-cores and occasionally even mutant-detachments, just to name a few examples.

The Empire's primary purpose is, at the present time, reclaiming lost lands, establishing settlements, clearing out hostile local fauna/flora and dangerous mutants, and reclaiming humankind's lost technology, primarily in the form of scouring ruins, stripping them of functional technology & scrap, and reclaiming historical knowledge in the form of uncorrupted logs, notes, and blueprints for lost tech.

I'll get back to you on that tomorrow - did you have something specific you wanted to do?

Alright all, here's the general idea behind things, I'll get more into specifics on the nature of sorcery, psionics, mutants and the like tomorrow (or as it becomes relevant for people with character concepts in mind):

The year is 6740, thousands of years after the collapse of humanity's star-spanning empire. Contact and knowledge of the worlds among the stars has been lost, reduced to nothing but distant memory. In the midst of the societal collapse, most human cities and other forms of settlements fell and were reduced to ruin as a result of infighting, disease, scarcity of supplies, and a host of other issues - a handful of megacities, known as dome-cities or arcologies, survived the collapse with most of their technological power intact, remaining safe, secure and comfortable at the cost of gradual cultural & societal decline into decadence.

The outside world has become a dangerous cesspool where nature itself is out to get you. Rampant genetic experimentation & splicing during mankind's peak have - without maintenance - led to a biological decline of the species as a whole. Those that survive outside the arcologies have become mutants, existing in little more than small settlements, villages and warbands fighting & competing with eachother for territory and the scraps of ancient technology, which can (for the most part) no longer be maintained or produced with any amount of reliability. The ruins of old megacities, gene-labs and various industrial compounds litter the overgrown landscape. Earth has become a ruin of unchecked technological advancements run amok, inhabited by mutated people, strange beasts and ancient security systems maintained by autonomous artificial-intelligences housed deep within the planet's crust.

Not since the collapse has there been any true success in forming any kind of lasting civilization or empire, until the year 6700, when a group of mutant scavengers from the Southern jungles broke into a mostly-intact facility. From this facility emerged Elva - a clone, or cryogenically frozen remnant from before the collapse, who managed to successfully unite a selection of mutant tribes on the Southern Coast. This union born of conquest eventually managed to subsume and conscript a handful of smaller arcologies, forming the fledgling Ostillian Empire and founding the city of Irridae on the back of slave labor from nearby conquers.

Since the formation of the Empire in 6700, it has come to encompass nearly the entirety of the Southern expanse, and has withstood the tests of time and war reasonably well. The Empire operates in a pseudo-feudal way, with noble houses acting as the modern aristocracy & politicians, vying with eachother for power and influence under the Empress's gaze. These houses provide the bulk of military personnel and production-capacity for the Empire, each of them housing its own selection of hand-picked staff that manage the day-to-day dealings from their holds in the South. Each of these Houses was established on a basis of merit & service - it is, in theory, possible for the lowliest of individuals to accomplish a feat great enough to warrant being uplifted and given a noble house.

The Empire's military consists of a series of Legions, each varying wildly in their approach to combat, armaments and heraldry; they inherit a large degree of culture from the noble house which they are birthed from - in this way, each Legion and house has its own unique & distinctive identity, though most of them typically follow the same tiered-approach to unit organization. Legionnaires, Cataphracts and Janissaries make up the primary formations of the legions, with handfuls of specialized subsections existing between these three core groups - these include sorcerer-battlegroups, armored companies, scout-cores and occasionally even mutant-detachments, just to name a few examples.

The Empire's primary purpose is, at the present time, reclaiming lost lands, establishing settlements, clearing out hostile local fauna/flora and dangerous mutants, and reclaiming humankind's lost technology, primarily in the form of scouring ruins, stripping them of functional technology & scrap, and reclaiming historical knowledge in the form of uncorrupted logs, notes, and blueprints for lost tech.
That is uh...a lot. Very intimidating, but I will keep going. I have this robot oc that I made who is sorta mysterious and uses lost tech. He could be lost tech! Or something.

That is uh...a lot. Very intimidating, but I will keep going. I have this robot oc that I made who is sorta mysterious and uses lost tech. He could be lost tech! Or something.
I'm not against it, just give me the rundown so I can make sure everything checks out.

Hopefully everyone is still interested.

im interested still. is there a rough guideline for what you look for in characters? I was hoping to be some sort of rogue/scavenger

Basically a ancient bone thin robit dressed in leather that uses a scimitar.
That'll probably be fine.

I'm still interested for sure
Great!

im interested still. is there a rough guideline for what you look for in characters? I was hoping to be some sort of rogue/scavenger
I'm not looking for any kinds of characters in-particular - just whatever anyone wants to play; if you want to go for a rogue/scavenger type, we can definitely make that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back