• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Unto A Domain Of Graves - Colonization, Eldritch Mystery, and Adventure on an alien world [Open/Recruiting - 4/8 Slots Full]

ChasmOfOrganicMatter

High Priest of Depravity

Discord

Character Sheet Thread

Roleplay Thread

planetfall_by_penuser_d587usf.jpg

The year is 4237 and you've been through enough wars, revolutions, coups, and insurrections. That's why you are here.​

The universe is a violent place, eternally in the grasp of starsystem spanning superpowers, violent uprisings against the grip of empire, and the chaos that arises in their wake. The 12 year war between the corporate expansionist Unified Celestial League and the once star spawning imperium of the Arkradian Empire ended 45 years ago. It destroyed countless worlds and destabilized who knows how many others others. Yet even after all these years your future in the post war era looks grim. The emergence of the revolutionary Frontier Solar Assembly and the chaotic wide-umbrella coalition of the Carnazir in the aftermath have only promised further bloodshed and power games. With your futures crushed beneath a another rising wave of inter-solar conflict, you abandon the shattered worlds that once lay in the heart of hegemons old and new, setting your sights to distant worlds abandoned or untouched by the grasp of the great powers.

(Astronaut landing) Paperblue's style by Novaillusion.jpg

In a great fleet of displaced refugees, military deserters, fallen noble houses, even pirates and mercenaries, you undertook a lengthy voyage through spaces lawless, contested, or under the watchful eye of the four great superpowers. It has lead you beyond the fringes of even their borders and taken you alongside other fleets of the scattered and desperate, to an expanse of habitable worlds. Known as the Antediluvian Marches, they are draped in as much mystery and superstition as they are endless opportunity. Rumors abound of lost fleets hidden among these worlds from military campaigns before your time, still biding their time for whatever power-hungry reasons they posses. Starfarer veterans tell tales of exodimensional phenomena and eldritch entities that creep and lurk in the blackness between worlds but your fleet of exiles has fended off all manner of predators on its flight sapient or bestial. This is your one shot at a future and you cannot afford to let tales told to children unwilling to sleep hold that back.

creepy____by_duster132_d507fds.jpg

It is but days into landfall with the preliminary stages of colonization under way but a sprawling chain of events have been set into motion. Your very presence here has caught the eye not just of other colonists but the great powers you escaped and the lurking forces of the Marches. Something cryptic and arcane is watching you all both on these worlds and from the mysterious spaces around these worlds. The gears of change are moving again, threatening to crush you beneath them as the hidden history of worlds forsaken start to awaken once more. It is not just your fledgling future at stake. In time, you will see just how far the interconnected nature of these events will become.

Unto A Domain Of Graves is a sci-fi action/adventure roleplay taking place in the same universe as the other roleplay I run - In The Wake of Empire. While military science fiction underpinnings remain, UADOG has a different focus in its narrative and story. You will still be fighting, namely to protect your emergent colonial organization, but you will also be dealing with various other factions both native to this region and in the midst of settling just like your own. Exploration will also play a very large part, especially regarding the buried mysteries of these worlds and the eldritch powers that secretly govern it. While action does play a major role, your choices outside of combat against marauders, proffessional militaries, the indigenous life forms, and unearthed horrors will affect these very battles. Not only that, you will have a direct role in shaping the outcome of the settling effort and the great power games that are reapidly ensuing in this mixture of territorial geopolitics and archaeological investigation.

Subsequently, the lore (document) for In The Wake of Empire also works for this roleplay though it is not necessary to read much or all of it. It is advised you read into the species section if you wish to create a character though you are allowed to create species of your own. This is also a very far future setting - power armor, eldritch technology, FTL travel, advanced bioaugmentation, and all manner of far out there tech exist. If you're a fan of Warhammer 40000, Mass Effect, Aliens, Predator, Doom, Halo, Titanfall, Corvus Belli's Infinity, District 9, and so on, this roleplay is for you. There is a fantastical element to the setting though it is filtered through a lot of science fiction, even in its more occult or esoteric incarnations. Subsequently, I would say this is a "soft" science fiction roleplay though there will be limits on sheer outlandishness for the sake of aesthetic/setting cohesion.

Crossover elements (lore, and so on from other series) can be allowed to an extent though they should be shown to the GM (and any potential co-GM's) and also receive the consensus of RPers participating if they are to be integrated into the setting. ITWOE does feature the Chimera and Ceph from the Resistance and Crysis series respectively, though they are in a relatively minor capacity.

I will generally ask for say, two or so paragraphs per post though depending on the situations replies can be shorter if there isn't much to say or do in certain sections. It will be a fairly detail heavy RP and I expect you all to read not just my posts carefully but also those of your fellow RPers.

This RP will have a mixture of structured GM chosen missions and missions that the player party will vote on. Some will be focused on combat, others exploration, diplomatic meetings, and sometimes a mixture of these and various others.

This RP isn't meant to be as gritty as In The Wake of Empire but it will not shy away from some of the same thematic content, even if in lesser capacity. You have been warned.

I will be setting up a discord once there is enough player interest. You can contact me through the discord handle in my signature. Feel free to ask questions there or here.

Name(s): (Include both their current name any important titles)
Age: (Advised to be at least 18 for the purposes of the roleplay)
Species: (Refer to the species list in the recruitment thread or create your own. Robots/automata/etc. also work.)
Physical Description: (Using a picture can help but isn't necessary)

Skills: (What are they good at? Exploration? Leadership? Scouting? Infiltration? Heavy weaponry? List anything important as well as any species-specific perks they may have)
Etherealism: (Are they capable of interacting with the unearthly parallel dimension to our own? If not, are they affected by it or capable of interacting with it somehow?)
Loadout: (Weapons, equipment, other items, possibly even certain companion automata/organisms/etc.)

Background: (Who were they before they ended up with the exodus fleet? Make sure you include what specific things caused them to end up abandoning their past lives.)
Personality: (What are they like as people? Any habits or practices worth noting?)

Last edited:
Really though for anyone interested please get on the discord and/or start working on a CS! You can leave any questions you have about the RP here as well if you'd like me to answer them.

Bumping to let anyone interested know we have room for four more players. IC will go up once we have four (two more) character sheets go up. You may be allowed to control multiple characters later.

On another note, I won't be controlling a particular character as much as the NPC's who will be accompanying and opposing the player characters throughout their journeys.

Seems we're getting a little crowded and I'm all for it! I'm going to be working on the opening post real soon. Don't worry if your CS isn't up by then as there should still be a lot of time to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back