• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 ― ʙɴʜᴀ

𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

untitled hero story
a bnha rp except the company the characters are working for is kinda scuffed.

RP STATUS closed ― not accepting any more characters. the only exceptions to this are explained in my last post on the interest check thread!

CURRENT ARC "phase 01" ― in progress

poi

permanent iishanten
Roleplay Type(s)
untitled hero story
available character spots: x of 10

well, you finally made it somewhere. it may have taken awhile, but starting today, you can now say you’re putting that hero license to good use! sure, the hero agency you got accepted into was pretty much unheard of, but all things considered, it seemed like it had more than enough promise!

… especially since you, for whatever reason, were deemed too... uh, far from the standard to be taken into any of the big agencies in the industry.

maybe it was because your “brand” was too questionable to be marketable, or your quirk wasn’t flashy or powerful enough. perhaps your alma mater was unimpressive; official, but not at all to the same standards as schools like yuuei or shiketsu high. whatever the case was, in your high school years, you failed to stand out (or if you did, it wasn’t in the best way), and the time spent post-graduation was fruitless because of it. you just couldn’t make your big break, or even a medium-sized one, for that matter.

yet at something or other hero company / SOHC (the name was weird, but you figured it was whoever’s attempt at being quirky and decided to look past it), you’d try again. according to the online interview you had with the founder, you weren’t the only person being recruited at the time, since it was decided a whole new team would be established. so, everyone you’d end up working with was just as much of a rookie as you. there wasn’t much elaboration on how it’d work, though (and honestly, it was kinda odd how you got accepted right at the end of the call, but whatever, right?). now, all there was left to do was to go there.

: ❝ uh, no. yeah, so i dunno what you think this is, but it's not a scam... i even made double-triple sure when i started this whole thing. see? this is the view you saw on the website, and the picture does have the right building in it. look, in the corner! this is not false adverti―

huh... hey. i'm not a fraud, you just― ❞

.... yeah, this probably won't be your average agency, huh?

the setup

hey! welcome to untitled hero story! this rp is made to center around the raggedy, single-teamed, hardly-official hero agency, "something or other hero company"―newly founded and led by the one and only 'mono' (who i will be playing). due to the way i envisioned for this to be like, i'll probably have a hard cap of 10 characters on board at a time. a number of people are already on board for this, so as of current we are looking for 4 more players!

as implied above, characters are aspiring heroes, but since becoming adults, they have only been able to lead mediocre careers at best. overall, the main thing is that these characters aren't supposed to fit very well into the "ideal hero" mold. whatever it is, there is a reason why all those proper hero agencies weren't an option, and why they had to turn to SOHC despite what happened on the first day (finding out about how scuffed the work environment really was). they're the outcasts of the heroes, so to speak... either they weren't able to shine, or they did, but in a way where the public would look at them and go, "oh, [hero name]? eh, they're kinda mid." or "that's cancellable."

now, some other setting things to keep in mind:

― this is an AU. this means that canon bnha characters don't exist, and for simplicity's sake, the quirks 'all for one' and 'one for all' don't, either.

― for the most part, though, the state of the world is the same as it was in the series; humans evolved, things happened, chaos came and society adapted, now there are official heroes like the ones in comics yada-yada whatever―you’ve heard it all before.

― lastly, the in-character for the rp will start a week after the characters' first day, so they are still pretty much fresh to the company. the company is located in saitama, japan.

expectations

― discord will be mandatory, as the ooc will happen there. also, while on the topic of ooc, i find it's very important with group rps! lets try and get along, yeah? upon acceptance i will dm you the link to the server!

― people should generally be able to post at least once a week, though its understood that everyone has obligations outside of rpn! if something comes up and you can't meet the posting requirement, please do let me know so we can accommodate!

― i'm not extremely picky with post length since sometimes it does just depend on what's happening IC, but substance is important. your posts should add something to the table and give other players something to work with! with that in mind, its preferred that posts are at minimum 1~2 paragraphs!

― characters should be 18+ in age.

― only one main character per player. there are a limited number of spots open, so with that in mind, i likely won't be accepting based on first-come-first-serve!

― this isn't something that happens often, but if two characters are a bit too similar to each other i may request for some tweeks to be made.

― anime (or something close) faceclaims only; realistic ones are a no-go here.

Last edited:
i am very interested!
this sounds really cool! i'm interested!
Hey got any room left? Real interested same with my friend Disco Inferno Disco Inferno
Hullo, that be me. Looks promising.

( Human Instrumentality Human Instrumentality weatheringwings weatheringwings tagging you two since you reacted)
hello~ thanks for showing interest! as of right now, yes, there is still room.
if you haven't already, you can check out the character sheet thread since it's already been linked. ^^

Thanks! Should we go ahead submit character sheets then?
go ahead! though i will ask that you send them to me via PM before posting them in the thread for the sake of keeping things clean. since ooc will not happen on forums it will be easier for me to provide whatever feedback in the conversation if i need to. 0:

go ahead! though i will ask that you send them to me via PM before posting them in the thread for the sake of keeping things clean. since ooc will not happen on forums it will be easier for me to provide whatever feedback in the conversation if i need to. 0:
Thanks very much! Just finishing reading them, I'll start working on mine ASAP!

Good to know, I had a few questions I wanted to ask, guess PM is the way to go.

Hmmmm, I’ve always thought my hero had a great premise, but some of the actual most hatabpe anime characters. I hope that doesn’t happen here. But anyway, I’ll potentially give it a go.

Last edited:
Good to know, I had a few questions I wanted to ask, guess PM is the way to go.
yessir. ask away o7

Hmmmm, I’ve always thought my hero had a great premise, but some of the actual most hatabpe anime characters. I hope that doesn’t happen here. But anyway, I’ll potentially give it a go.
Interested
well, i guess we'll just have to see, yeah? but cool! feel free to look over the CS skelly in the meantime.

An BNHA rp where the idea of being somewhat of an outcast is the general theme? It does tempt me to repurpose the concept of another character I have with a more... um.... somewhat crazed and chaotic character with a bit of an out there and disgusting devil fruit quirk and a bit of a twisted backstory to explain her. Though something more tame could work too. EIther way it does interest me quite a bit.

Oh sod do I hear the doors of my quirk vault creaking open again?
An BNHA rp where the idea of being somewhat of an outcast is the general theme? It does tempt me to repurpose the concept of another character I have with a more... um.... somewhat crazed and chaotic character with a bit of an out there and disgusting devil fruit quirk and a bit of a twisted backstory to explain her. Though something more tame could work too. EIther way it does interest me quite a bit.
whatever those ideas are i’m curious to see what you both come up with 👀 if you want feel free to start working on a cs!

Bonjour~

hows it goin, I'm here to make clouds and be utterly useless.

announcement!
okay! as of right now, i think we have more than enough interested parties, so for now i won't be accepting characters submitted by anyone who didn't already reply to this thread!

if you've posted here already, you can ignore this. o7

edit: for those who have posted here and haven't sent in your character/have been accepted yet, i will note that after talking about it behind the scenes, we will probably end up going over capacity for this first wave of applications as more of an insurance thing since we know how group rps on rpn can be at the beginning qwq. so if you see that there are already 10 characters, still dm me your cs!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back