• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy until death do us part :: original search (m/f)

neco

MEGA BAKA
hey, I'm Neco! posting yet another search thread cause I got another random idea I wanna try out, heh. only very recently got back into RP about a few months ago, so I'm still a bit rusty overall, but I do have a few posts I've done so far that you can take a quick look at if you're curious about my writing. anyways, here's a little list of some stuff you might wanna know about me, lazily copied over from my other search threads of course:​
  • over 18.
  • semi-literate, I think? I'll do my best to keep up with you, regardless!
  • OK writing over PMs or threads, lemme know which you'd prefer.
  • not very comfortable using photos of actual people for characters, can't quite explain why but it kinda creeps me out a bit. would prefer to use anime or any sort of artwork instead.
  • relaxed and patient, please do take your time and just have fun writing, and I'll do the same!
  • I like cats and vidya games.
  • I'm tired.
also probably some other stuff I'm forgetting to mention, so if there's something you wanna know that's not listed here, don't be afraid to ask!​
this idea focuses on the pairing of a dragon and a human girl, the dragon of course having a more human form he'd use most of the time, with his actual dragon form probably being reserved for more serious or dire situations. sorta kinda already got a character in mind for the human girl, so I'd be looking for someone to play the role of the dragon in this!​
maybe not immediate, but this was written with eventual romance in mind, so sorry if that's not quite your thing!​
the setting is your typical fantasy, sorta "medieval" kinda world. If you're at all familiar with the Drakengard games, think something very similar to that.​
otherwise, just think of your usual fantasy anime or game or whatever.​
ultra basic gist of it is, once every some hundred years, a girl is born possessing the blood of both dragon and human. these girls are known as priestesses. though their lifespans are short, being frail and somewhat sickly from birth, their fleeting existence is the only thing stopping the very end of the world. once they reach the age of seventeen, they undergo a ritual which binds their soul together with the soul of a powerful dragon, making their lives "one", so to speak. should one die, the other will die with them, without exception. although this ritual exists mainly for the protection of the priestess, it is also a form of marriage, and a way to ensure that the unique bloodline of the priestess will continue on, along with the world itself. shortly after the ritual is completed, the priestess and her dragon are then tasked with the delivery of a special flower to the top of an ancient mountain, far across the land.​
a seemingly benign, but gravely vital task...​
this would be focused mainly on the relationship of the priestess and the dragon, with everything else being more of an afterthought.​
genuinely just kinda made this with the intent of simply making stuff up as we go along, since...​
well, to be blunt I've never been one for spending days planning out and discussing every last little detail of an RP, hah. that's absolutely not to say that I'm against any sort of planning or discussion, though.​
more than open to any ideas or suggestions you may have, just wanted to be upfront that I'm more of a "go with the flow" kinda person when it comes to planning and whatnot, so sorry if that's not your thing!​
only things I don't want altered for this are the genders (no twisting this into m/m or f/f, please!), the dragon having a human form, and the ritual being a sorta marriage.​
and of course, the whole "one dies the other dies with them" thing, since it's meant to be a pretty big part of the plot.​
please send me a PM instead of posting here if you're interested!
I respond to PMs much faster than I do posts, and thread notifications can be a bit wonky for me sometimes, so PMs are the best way to contact me, usually.​
anyways, thanks for visiting my super boring search thread! see ya, and hope you have a great day/night/afternoon/whatever! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back