• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Unrealistic

Anaxileah

From the Depths of Hell
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm sorry, but what is going on with RPN? It has been almost what..two months, since the update, and no role plays have been transferred to hosted projects? People still cannot create hosted projects, some role plays have lost important information that I'm sure you admins and moderators have heard plenty about, and still, nothing appears to have been done to change any of this. I love this website, and I love the fact that people can be open and (mostly) friendly in their role plays, but the fact that it has taken this long for nothing to happen is making any promises about this website unrealistic. I'm an organization freak and I'd really love to have the ability to make actual hosted projects that can be organized and managed. What, does everyone have to wait another several months?

Please be aware that we are unpaid volunteers and do have a life outside the site. (I know, I know... but something's got to pay the bills!) We aren't any happier with the slowness of the pace than you are. However, handling the HPs is something only Admins can do (manually, might I add), and there's very few of us, most of whom have been dealing with real life issues of varying types over the past months. We do want to get everything settled as soon as we can, it's just taking far longer than we thought it might.

Missing information is a separate issue. If you are missing posts or threads, please make a post in Support about it and we'll look into it. Unfortunately, however, some things seem to be permanently lost - they aren't even visible to us in the backup we made before we transferred back to the xenForo software. I'm sorry, but there isn't anything we can do in those cases.

We do want to get everything settled as soon as we can, it's just taking far longer than we thought it might.

Would it be possible to open up applications for GMs of IPS projects who would like to have their RP transferred to the current HP system? I'd actually feel pretty satisfied knowing that my request is in writing and is somewhere where you can see it, even if it's not actually going to go anywhere anytime soon. Seeing progress, even if it's slow progress, puts a weary mind at ease.

That being said, is there anything as users we can do to help your job go faster?

Would it be possible to open up applications for GMs of IPS projects who would like to have their RP transferred to the current HP system? I'd actually feel pretty satisfied knowing that my request is in writing and is somewhere where you can see it, even if it's not actually going to go anywhere anytime soon. Seeing progress, even if it's slow progress, puts a weary mind at ease.

That being said, is there anything as users we can do to help your job go faster?
That's not necessary. If you were an HP in IPS, you're an HP in xF, it's just listed under Old while we work through the list. Many people have put threads in HP Support, but that means there's so many of them that we have to be careful not to miss any actual help requests.

Not really, I'm afraid. It's entirely a manual process on the part of the admins.

Thank you for the fast response! I feel bad that we can't help, all the users here really appreciate what you do.

I understand that the process is enormous and long and that people have lives, but one would think at least SOME progress would be made, whether it's transferring one HP or actually letting people make them. If given the option to create them just like any other thread, users can stop being lazy and just remake their RPs themselves. That would take some slack off of the Admins and whatnot.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for Anaxileah Anaxileah . Hope there is a reason for this and that you can do HPs soon.

Please be aware that we are unpaid volunteers and do have a life outside the site. (I know, I know... but something's got to pay the bills!) We aren't any happier with the slowness of the pace than you are. However, handling the HPs is something only Admins can do (manually, might I add), and there's very few of us, most of whom have been dealing with real life issues of varying types over the past months. We do want to get everything settled as soon as we can, it's just taking far longer than we thought it might.

Missing information is a separate issue. If you are missing posts or threads, please make a post in Support about it and we'll look into it. Unfortunately, however, some things seem to be permanently lost - they aren't even visible to us in the backup we made before we transferred back to the xenForo software. I'm sorry, but there isn't anything we can do in those cases.

That's not necessary. If you were an HP in IPS, you're an HP in xF, it's just listed under Old while we work through the list. Many people have put threads in HP Support, but that means there's so many of them that we have to be careful not to miss any actual help requests.

Not really, I'm afraid. It's entirely a manual process on the part of the admins.
And Ty for the responses you've given

I'm sorry, but what is going on with RPN? It has been almost what..two months, since the update, and no role plays have been transferred to hosted projects? People still cannot create hosted projects, some role plays have lost important information that I'm sure you admins and moderators have heard plenty about, and still, nothing appears to have been done to change any of this. I love this website, and I love the fact that people can be open and (mostly) friendly in their role plays, but the fact that it has taken this long for nothing to happen is making any promises about this website unrealistic. I'm an organization freak and I'd really love to have the ability to make actual hosted projects that can be organized and managed. What, does everyone have to wait another several months?

We've archived and cleaned up over six thousand HPs by the way.

The list used to be much bigger: https://www.rpnation.com/categories/old-hosted-projects.9439/

We are slowly getting there, its a slow process. on IPS, we had an addon that let people make RPs themselves. Apart from the fact that it was a terrible idea, the matter of the fact is that most RPs that are/were HPs don't need it. It is a huge waste of site resources. Most users use it for 1-4 threads tops when they can already do that and just link them together. (Roleplay Tabs are also confirmed to be returning in the future so users will need HPs even less).

Once we finish catching up with the last remaining, we will reopen applications again and those who think they need it can present their case to myself and the rest of the administration.

It is recommended that you start your RP and have something to show us as to why you need it, much easier to get accepted.

Edit: Its also a complete manual process, like the way it used to be done in the past before the 6 months we were on IPS. So it just takes a while. We have a large staff but only four us have access to the backend which is required to process a HP request. Moderators aren't given the ability to alter the site like that. So that just ends to the extra slow process.

We've archived and cleaned up over six thousand HPs by the way.

The list used to be much bigger: https://www.rpnation.com/categories/old-hosted-projects.9439/

We are slowly getting there, its a slow process. on IPS, we had an addon that let people make RPs themselves. Apart from the fact that it was a terrible idea, the matter of the fact is that most RPs that are/were HPs don't need it. It is a huge waste of site resources. Most users use it for 1-4 threads tops when they can already do that and just link them together. (Roleplay Tabs are also confirmed to be returning in the future so users will need HPs even less).

Once we finish catching up with the last remaining, we will reopen applications again and those who think they need it can present their case to myself and the rest of the administration.

It is recommended that you start your RP and have something to show us as to why you need it, much easier to get accepted.

Edit: Its also a complete manual process, like the way it used to be done in the past before the 6 months we were on IPS. So it just takes a while. We have a large staff but only four us have access to the backend which is required to process a HP request. Moderators aren't given the ability to alter the site like that. So that just ends to the extra slow process.
I struggle with my organization wherever I go, and so I have to have things organized in a certain way. I plan on making a very detailed and very thought out role play that will require all of that extra organization and the hosted projects did that perfectly for me. I will provide you with everything if you actually need everything, but organization is the one thing I freak out about most. I apologize if I offended you, from what everyone else can see, not much has changed. Thank you for putting your time and effort into everything and if you could, maybe authorize the moderators to assist you?

I struggle with my organization wherever I go, and so I have to have things organized in a certain way. I plan on making a very detailed and very thought out role play that will require all of that extra organization and the hosted projects did that perfectly for me. I will provide you with everything if you actually need everything, but organization is the one thing I freak out about most. I apologize if I offended you, from what everyone else can see, not much has changed. Thank you for putting your time and effort into everything and if you could, maybe authorize the moderators to assist you?

Don't worry I'm not offended :)!

When applications are reopen, you can make your case to us. This is the way we used to do it for many years (not counting the 6 months we were on IPS where users could make them with that addon).

Mods will never be able to do this because the ability to create/delete forums is reserved for administrators for reasons you can imagine.

Don't worry I'm not offended :)!

When applications are reopen, you can make your case to us. This is the way we used to do it for many years (not counting the 6 months we were on IPS where users could make them with that addon).

Mods will never be able to do this because the ability to create/delete forums is reserved for administrators for reasons you can imagine.
When will they be reopened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back