Viewpoint Unpopular roleplay opinions?

I would of respected your opinion if you didn't say fuck you. Although, you love to tout people in other threads but the moment you are challenged you let your feelings lash out. That is just really really really disappointing. Because you could have some real good conversations with people but you let your emotions get in the way.
I'm not reporting because I'm willing to be forgiving.

However, its for you to assume I have not come to this conclusion without having my own struggles. I've been diagnosed with a brain disorder. I have anxiety. And have had bouts of depression.

Not everything is a slight against you.

Anyway to calm down I did have a unpopular roleplay opinion. So you don’t need perfect spelling to be a detailed role player. Like as long as I can understand what your saying I am not gonna get on you because you don’t know how to spell.

It just seems like a weird nitpick to be like “you must be able to spell properly”.

Like I mean if it’s all illegible gibberish sure. But if you can’t spell deliberately or whatever I’m not gonna ride your ass.

yeah maybe I came on strong but I have dealt with people who had legitimate mental disorders (schizophrenia, etc) who refused to get help because they thought medication was evil. I have also seen my mom unable to get out of bed or in a damn near catatonic state cuz her medication was out of Wack.

Furthermore I had people tell me for years my own anxiety was just a lie I made up to get out of socializing. So that kind of dismissive attitude makes me legitimately angry because it endangers people.

Plus as a side note it doesn’t even have anything to do with roleplaying anyway. It just feels like a hurtful thing to say for no reason.
Yeah it is in the wrong thread, a role play related opinion might've been "far too many characters have unrealistic problems".

Admittedly it's not a hugely hot topic of mine even with my personal brushes with it, but I definately get why it would be for you and others. All the acedemic awards in the world often don't really make up for actual experience. Just because you can explain why doesn't mean that's actually helpful in living with that person in day to day life.

I think with anxiety and the like people abuse it to excuse certain actions so it makes people more sceptical, as pretty much every unpopular teenager now claims to have it.

So, you'd rather be right then grow as a person and suck it up and say sorry?
You having a rough day? Dude, you are rich. I'll do more than just report you sweet heart.

I saw this and thought I should share it as it made me smile

main-qimg-a612c9ecbf2a47546b56645689ca09be.jpg

So let's just cool off, read some slash fanfiction and come back later.

Yeah it is in the wrong thread, a role play related opinion might've been "far too many characters have unrealistic problems".

Admittedly it's not a hugely hot topic of mine even with my personal brushes with it, but I definately get why it would be for you and others. All the acedemic awards in the world often don't really make up for actual experience. Just because you can explain why doesn't mean that's actually helpful in living with that person in day to day life.

I think with anxiety and the like people abuse it to excuse certain actions so it makes people more sceptical, as pretty much every unpopular teenager now claims to have it.

Yeah it’s one of the reasons I don’t allow real world mental illness in my roleplays. (Well that and JK said Wizards don’t have mental problems :xFrolleyes:)

So instead I’m like you can make up a fake disorder and give it literally whatever characteristics you want OR you can just write your character with a personality and don’t diagnose them with anything.

I actually kinda of find some of the unrealistic things funny (I know it was an example but some of them do make me chuckle)

Like the woman who only dates assholes and is always complaining that all men are jerks. I don’t know those kinds of characters amuse me. As long as my character isn’t supposed to actually act like an asshole to them. But the more (don’t tell me how to write my characters Karen)

Yeah it’s one of the reasons I don’t allow real world mental illness in my roleplays. (Well that and JK said Wizards don’t have mental problems :xFrolleyes:)

So instead I’m like you can make up a fake disorder and give it literally whatever characteristics you want OR you can just write your character with a personality and don’t diagnose them with anything.

I actually kinda of find some of the unrealistic things funny (I know it was an example but some of them do make me chuckle)

Like the woman who only dates assholes and is always complaining that all men are jerks. I don’t know those kinds of characters amuse me. As long as my character isn’t supposed to actually act like an asshole to them. But the more (don’t tell me how to write my characters Karen)
Some of my characters are complete narcissistic jerks and then are genuinely shocked that people don't like them.

I mean it’s realistic though. And at least you let them be disliked. I think it’s kind of fun sometimes to play just unpleasant people.
Oh yeah, I actually dislike if they immediate like my character for no real reason. Like I don't spend ages making a character that should be hated only for your character to immediately love them for no valid reason. (This is probably why I love playing minimorts so much)

Gnomes deserve more respect as a fantasy race. They're OGs of the genre and being kitsch lawn ornaments shouldn't change that.

Also I feel the need to clarify something I read Unpopular opinion and thought this was a different thread. So, maybe that clears some things up on my part. Also, I agree with Crenando , Gnomes DO deserve more respect in the fantasy race!!!

I must say rea, after some searching through the internet it makes sense why you act this way. You express these same feelings in many threads and on several platforms. I never implied mental illness was not a thing I was commenting on an entirely different subject all together. So I can sort of empathize with your confusion. My post was meant for an entirely different subject.

Last edited:
Gnomes deserve more respect as a fantasy race. They're OGs of the genre and being kitsch lawn ornaments shouldn't change that.

I'm somewhere between completely disagreeing and completely agreeing with an amendment.

Classic D&D has humans, great. Elves, long lived race who loves woods and are tall and live long, fine. We've got goblins and orcs and they're similar but enough cultural and physical differences, eh okay.

But then we've got halfings/hobbits, gnomes and dwarves. We have three different races who are all short and live underground. Why do we need three races to cover that trope? One's lazy and good at stealing, one's imaginative and good at illusions, and one's inventive and good at making stuff? Really?

One species to cover all three would have been fine.

Same goes for any permutation of elf, for that matter. You don't need subspecies with different mechanical stats.

Fantasy races?
'Humans but x' like elves, dwarves? All very, very lame. Things like the khajit or argonians or bug-people? Rad.

I don't know but I've always felt Gnomes were more reminiscent of nordic mythologie with the Nisse, like mischievous creatures who liked playing pranks. It is only with WoW and the current video games that they really earned their more tinkerer reputation.

Also, I may be wrong but only dwarves live underground?

They have three pretty different culture and origins! It's like saying, yeah Nordic countries are all the same, they basically speak the same language and eat the same stuff right? Why do we need Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland?

Fantasy races?
'Humans but x' like elves, dwarves? All very, very lame. Things like the khajit or argonians or bug-people? Rad.

Reminds me I made a race of asexually reproducing snake/bird people who controlled a localized portion of nature. They were pretty fun to construct from a hodge podge of different symbolism.

I don't know but I've always felt Gnomes were more reminiscent of nordic mythologie with the Nisse, like mischievous creatures who liked playing pranks. It is only with WoW and the current video games that they really earned their more tinkerer reputation.
I like my whimsical mischief boys.
Gnomes being tinkerers came about later to try and distinguish them from the other two short people races, because otherwise, they're just less thievish hobbits.
They're peaceful, they like to party, and as far as I can tell, they're big on family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back