Other Unpopular Opinions

Don't judge me too harshly here, but as a guy dude I think the LGBT community can be pretty weird. My boyfriend is genderfluid and everything, so I'm cool with this stuff, but whenever I look at the communities online I just don't really get it.

Don't judge me too harshly here, but as a guy dude I think the LGBT community can be pretty weird. My boyfriend is genderfluid and everything, so I'm cool with this stuff, but whenever I look at the communities online I just don't really get it.
Weird in what sense?

Weird in what sense?
Good chance I'm just projecting my personal experiences onto a generalized group here, but it sort of felt like an emotional rollercoaster all the time. I trust they're good folk and all, but always felt like there was these unspoken rules and etiquette to every community that I wasn't real comfortable with. I'm not good with random vents either, but it always felt like half the chats were just that no matter where I went.

Also, there was a weird amount of people who insisted on calling me a latinx. I respect people who want to use that for themselves, but...I didn't ask for it.

Good chance I'm just projecting my personal experiences onto a generalized group here, but it sort of felt like an emotional rollercoaster all the time. I trust they're good folk and all, but always felt like there was these unspoken rules and etiquette to every community that I wasn't real comfortable with. I'm not good with random vents either, but it always felt like half the chats were just that no matter where I went.

Also, there was a weird amount of people who insisted on calling me a latinx. I respect people who want to use that for themselves, but...I didn't ask for it.
Ah. Yea, that's fair I think. As an asexual I haven't had great experiences myself admittedly. There's a lot of gatekeeping towards us.

Pouring milk before cereal is the better way to do it.

So let us try this one more time, feel free to post below opinions that you think are unpopular, whether they are related to video games, anime, tv shows, whatever. Discussions must be kept civil. People that can't handle themselves will be warned for the appropriate rule broken and not allowed to continue to post in this thread.

I will start:
  • I think root beer is disgusting, but a lot of people I know drink it. Particularly the AW root beer brand. I did learn I liked their cream soda though.
Steak, beans, bacon, and mashed potatoes are all the absolute worst foods, and I can’t eat them at ALL otherwise I’ll gag and maybe puke. For a while I also hated all kinds of meat—ham, turkey, chicken, whatever—but I grew to tolerate ham and chicken.
Also chocolate or fudge ice cream. It always left a weird taste in my mouth.

i also think peanut butter on a hot dog was actually pretty good so yknow, maybe i just have shitty taste buds

Steak, beans, bacon, and mashed potatoes are all the absolute worst foods, and I can’t eat them at ALL otherwise I’ll gag and maybe puke. For a while I also hated all kinds of meat—ham, turkey, chicken, whatever—but I grew to tolerate ham and chicken.
Also chocolate or fudge ice cream. It always left a weird taste in my mouth.

i also think peanut butter on a hot dog was actually pretty good so yknow, maybe i just have shitty taste buds
I can't STAND beans or mashed potatoes.

As a sci-fi geek, I did NOT like Mass Effect. It seems like anytime you bring up the topic of good sci-fi RPGs, Mass Effect inevitably gets mentioned. But I tried it and found it lacking on a lot of fronts.

Destiny is one of the worst video games to disgrace the gaming landscape. Empty worlds. Overly repetitive enemies and AI. And overly reliant on "gear" farming for those stupid loot drops to hold the attention of the gaming community whose too engrossed in competing for the best cosmetics to realize there isn't actually a game to be played outside of a minor semblance of a "story" at the heart of it all.

Destiny is one of the worst video games to disgrace the gaming landscape. Empty worlds. Overly repetitive enemies and AI. And overly reliant on "gear" farming for those stupid loot drops to hold the attention of the gaming community whose too engrossed in competing for the best cosmetics to realize there isn't actually a game to be played outside of a minor semblance of a "story" at the heart of it all.
Fuck gear farming. Actually, fuck ALL games that require grinding away at the same levels over and over to get good items. I hate that shit

Money can buy happiness.

The original phrase just had a typo I think.

"It's amazing how you can do without the necessities of life provided you have the little luxuries."
- Paris P. Ogilvie, Pitch Black (2000)

Marvel movie writing has never been particularly fantastic but by god was Love and Thunder abysmal. I saw it recently for my mom's birthday and I think I only laughed at the visual gags, not any of the "witty/awkward lol" one liners. They also never really gave the antagonist a reason to stop doing what he was doing beyond "well the power of love should be enough to make you want to stop killing the neglectful gods who have repeatedly shown they don't care about their people and would rather have space orgies in a golden palace than save your dying race." I've watched some bad movies before, but this was one of those movies where I was just internally begging for it to end the whole time.

BTS isn't great at all. I just don't get the hype.

Pillars of Eternity 2 was... boring. A lot of people recommended it to me, and I gave it a shot, and managed to get through it [had to keep like buckling down to finish it else I know it'd join that list of 'games I stopped playing halfway through and never finished' like Pillars of Eternity 1] but god, that game was a slog.

The story idea was neat, the world is solid, but the implementation was not great. The combat was lackluster [And I love me some CRPGs], the companions were a giant pile of meh [But, to be fair, 99% of obsidian games have lackluster companions] and the game really had no stake.

Yes, there was a narrative stake, but it was never really sold to me. Like its a big cosmic event, the ending of the wheel, big oh noes... Yet never once in the game did I ever really care. The story made no real effect on making me care, of making me feel how important this was as I sailed to Random Placeholder Island #42 to explore placeholder dungeon #21. The map is.. It seems big, but its not. Its mostly empty travel time. Honestly, was a real struggle to finish.

Voice acting was great though. So yeah, I know a lot of people who love this game, who rave about it, but I am not one of those.

For me, my unpopular opinion is that Dark Souls is not actually that hard, we just suck at video games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back