Other Unpopular Opinions

I think Halloween is overrated. Where I live at, there's so much hype about it and I'm thinking I can't wait for it to be over. The only thing about it of any interest to me is the half off candy.

1. Pumpkin Spice is over-rated and pumpkin pie is disgusting

2. I don't understand the hype for Dr. Pepper, it just tastes like carbonation to me

Halloween is the best time of the year. The best 'holiday'/celebration, (although technically it shouldn't exist) in my opinion. I'm not into Halloween for the candy. I'm not in it for the scares and the spooks. It's just for the fact that I love seeing my crush (which I actually don't have one rn) in a cute costume, and that it's just my vibe, but I'm not a full goth (hence the prof pic).

Dungeons & Dragons is overrated AF! Like, I get it. D&D is the basis that was used for the tabletop RPs that led to online RP. But it is NOT the have all and end all of roleplay. I kinda get sick of seeing every other medieval fantasy RP being based off of D&D. There ARE other versions of medieval fantasy. same goes for Tolkien. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book, The Hobbit. But I also get tired of seeing his version of Elves and Dwarves being the meta.

MegaMan Battle Network is not bad. I think it’s the best thing that happened to the MegaMan franchise. Not really a fan of the games, but I really enjoyed the anime. I wish it had more love

- You shouldn't criticize someone for watching anime dubbed.
It's so annoying when people bash others about it and honestly something that's not really important, especially if the person is watching the show in their free time. There are exceptions with some animes having very different dubs and subs, i.e. ghost stories, but most of the time there's little to no difference.

We should be able to be rude to people about their political opinions. I'm sorry, but if you're trying to outlaw me and that's bc politics? I'm allowed to cuss you out. Fair's fair.

We should be able to be rude to people about their political opinions. I'm sorry, but if you're trying to outlaw me and that's bc politics? I'm allowed to cuss you out. Fair's fair.
No one says you can't be rude. Just be prepared to have the same treatment reciprocated.

No one says you can't be rude. Just be prepared to have the same treatment reciprocated.
When someone tells me and my girlfriend that we're 'lesbian scum' and 'that kind of thing should be illegal' I just. I feel like 'get fucked, trump supporter' is a warranted response

When someone tells me and my girlfriend that we're 'lesbian scum' and 'that kind of thing should be illegal' I just. I feel like 'get fucked, trump supporter' is a warranted response
I think that's less a political opinion, and more of a personal one nowadays. No political candidate is flaunting the notion of making homosexual relations illegal.

Human rights should not be politicised.
I think the problem is that politics determine rights. Anyways, I think we're all getting off topic. And I definitely dont wanna descend into a political discussion. I hate politics, and I'm pretty sure its breaking some rule, too.

Academics should pull their heads out of their asses, and I'm saying that as a member of the AcademiaTM. If you can't explain your thoughts in a clear, conscise way, they're worthless. In no way am I saying jargon isn't necessary, but convoluted syntax is inexcusable. Especially if you write in English-- like, not sure if you realize this, but it being a lingua franca means that scientists from the international community are trying to read your papers, too, and you are actively making it harder for them. (Maybe not unpopular here, but hoo boy, try to present this concept to your professor.)

Academics should pull their heads out of their asses, and I'm saying that as a member of the AcademiaTM. If you can't explain your thoughts in a clear, conscise way, they're worthless. In no way am I saying jargon isn't necessary, but convoluted syntax is inexcusable. Especially if you write in English-- like, not sure if you realize this, but it being a lingua franca means that scientists from the international community are trying to read your papers, too, and you are actively making it harder for them. (Maybe not unpopular here, but hoo boy, try to present this concept to your professor.)
The fact that I can't relate to this makes me happy. lol

I would tell them so many horrible things because of their rude asses that I would likely get banned from any sort of social media ^33^

Last edited:
Not liking pineapple on pizza is fine (because that means more for me), but it shouldn't become the defining feature of your personality when someone has The Audacity to like a different sort of food from you. It's a stupid hill to die on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back