Other Unpopular Opinions

meme:
yes

actual answer:
No, thats an actual dichotomy because a user usually only has two options that are mutually exclusive (at any one moment), such as here on RPN.

Should we perhaps seek... a middle path?

ACTIVATE GRAY MODE - TRUE NEUTRAL OF ALL MODES

But being serious, I think the science vs religion thing is a bit too reductive and a tad overhyped (like they’re archenemies or something). Both can lead to conclusions which are corroborated by the other. It’s when PEOPLE come to different conclusions about the same set of facts that it gets all ‘knives out’. Facts are usually pretty constant. It’s human error that’s the weak point in the process, methinks

I feel like Ooblets and Stardew Valley are better games then Animal Crossing.
You're right though. Stardew Valley innovated on an already pre-established genre in a way that Rune Factory and Harvest Moon couldn't. Animal Crossing, meanwhile, has remained completely stagnant with its formulas over the years. I don't think that's bad since you shouldn't fix what isn't broken, but New Horizons is really just City Folk and New Leaf with a new coat of paint. Kudos to anyone who enjoys it, but I just can't get into the franchise anymore. It's all too samesy. :closedeyescryingfrown:

We should stop making fun of kids for liking 'cringy' stuff like damn let the 9yo boy play fortnite he's having fun
Yes, absolutely! I would never be who I was today if I didn't have my Warrior Cat and XD Random Lulz Cat phases. Let kids be kids. I think it's great that some of them have found unity through Fortnite. I was in school on the cusp of when video games were considered nerdy versus when they were considered trendy. I only wish that we had things like that back when I was still in school.

And now for some of my own unpopular opinions:
  • I have zero interest in my own country's politics and I wish people would stop shaming me for this. I'm apathetic. I literally do not care and do not complaint. Just leave me alone.
  • There's nothing wrong with wanting to just write romance, canonical character x OCs, and whatever else writing communities sometime look "down" on.
  • Liking true crime isn't "quirky". It's actually quite mainstream and a lot of people are more interested than you might think.
  • Soy sauce smells like coffee to me. Everyone I know seems to think that this is wild for some unknown reason.
  • Higher education only benefits a few career paths (ex: medical, law, education, computer science, etc).

You're right though. Stardew Valley innovated on an already pre-established genre in a way that Rune Factory and Harvest Moon couldn't.
I mean, Rune Factory's take on the genre was very good and had a lot of uniqueness. Also the soundtracks for all of the games was just beautiful. (not just Rune Factory, but Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley as well)

Soy sauce smells like coffee to me. Everyone I know seems to think that this is wild for some unknown reason.
I'm not sure that it doesn't smell like coffee, however for whatever reason I can't separate the two in my memory right now.

Also ditto with the political jargon... I'm pretty numb at this point from it.. and I stopped caring when I felt regardless of my opinion I didn have a voice.

I mean, Rune Factory's take on the genre was very good and had a lot of uniqueness. Also the soundtracks for all of the games was just beautiful. (not just Rune Factory, but Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley as well)
It was, but it also fell into the same trap as Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing where it became samesy after a while. It offered some interesting plots though even those got repetitively after a while. You're always an Earthmate with amnesia in almost every game except for the third. I love Rune Factory, don't get me wrong, but I feel like Stardew Valley had a unique approach on the genre by combining the two, allowing gay marriage, and having some darker content in the game (ex: Shane's addiction to alcohol). It isn't afraid to be a little edgy sometimes and show the flaws of various characters (ex: Pierre's sexist "traditional" views on how women should be based on one support with Abigail) which is honestly really nice to see. It feels oddly realistic to me and still maintains the charm of what a Harvest Moon game should feel like somehow.

tenor.gif

At least, in my banishment, I will have my delicious leaf water to soothe me while I scoff at the bean drinkers.

Green tea tastes like plant. Not bad. Just... it tastes like green.

Green tea tastes like plant. Not bad. Just... it tastes like green.
I sit here, sipping on my green tea, nodding in agreement xD

You can also leave. Tea is great. There is no need for war ashwynne ashwynne , our people can come together.
Hmmmmmmm. idk if a resolution is possible. I mean... the Rooibos Battalions and Chai Cavalry have been training incessantly in preparation for this moment...
But I'll give you this: coffee smells great.
I suppose we could perhaps come to an agreement... The Coalition of Mutual Tolerance, perhaps.

I'm on the side of coffee and caffeine being overrated

Won't deny that is smells like heaven though, mmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back