Other Unpopular Opinions

Chinese cleavers are essentially universal knifes. I own one Chinese cleaver and i use it for literally everything i can.
It gets especially easy, nice and fast once you get used to handling a knife like that.
Additional opinion of mine Wok is a superior cooking pot, for you can make many things in one Wok.
Want to make soup, sure. A stew, ok. Some bacon and eggs, go on.
It all just depends on how you use it.

Another thing being you should always season the pan or wok before putting stuff in.
how this seasoning works is simple, you render any fat on the surface of the pot, you coat it via circular motion, then you take that fat away, and put new one on, then you cook.
Why do something like that? well it makes sure the pot/pan/wok will have a harder time for anything to stick to it, and it also will make sure the flavour stays in the food a bit more.

if you're actively "cancelling" someone, openly sharing your disgust or discontent for them, continuously spreading rumours, and/or saying crap about them to other people (or even just putting that person in a bad light in general to people who may have never met them before like saying "stay away from them they're weird"), you shouldn't be using their codes/art/anything they put their time and effort into making.

It doesn't matter what toppings are on it, pizza is gross
Pizza and a nice pale lager is a great Friday night (or whatever is the eve of your respective work weekend) food! Especially if you toss in Buffalo Wings!

So let us try this one more time, feel free to post below opinions that you think are unpopular, whether they are related to video games, anime, tv shows, whatever. Discussions must be kept civil. People that can't handle themselves will be warned for the appropriate rule broken and not allowed to continue to post in this thread.

I will start:
  • I think root beer is disgusting, but a lot of people I know drink it. Particularly the AW root beer brand. I did learn I liked their cream soda though.
I like it but only with ice cream. Otherwise I can't drink it.

Steak is gross. It's just a chunk of meat and chicken is so much easier to season and marinate if you want. Once you've had steak at one restaurant it's basically the same everywhere else!

Steak is gross. It's just a chunk of meat and chicken is so much easier to season and marinate if you want. Once you've had steak at one restaurant it's basically the same everywhere else!
Not just steak I dislike beef kabobs I prefer lamb kabobs so delicious.

The game Rimworld sucks now, and has had negligible updates over the years aside from paid DLCs

clearly, you have not had MY steak. lmao

I do not like Indian pale ales. I can drink any other beer from wheats to stouts, but I do not like IPAs.

It is so annoying when I go to a pub and the Guest Beer List is all IPAs.
lol. Here, the Beer of choice is typically Bud Light or some other such swill that is essentially just watered piss. Though IPAs and other "craft beers" did take to popularity with the hipster resurgence. Me, I stick to my whiskey.

Brushing your teeth does nothing. There's plenty of people who brush 3 times a day. Floss, and use mouth wash. And they still get cavities and loose teeth. Meanwhile I'm over here brushing ones a day or ones every two days and have no issues what so ever

The moon should be colonized before we even start planning to expand to Mars. Why?
  • The Moon is far closer & easier to get to than Mars.
  • The Moon could provide extra resources for future expansion (such as Mars).
  • The Moon's low gravity & non-existent atmosphere could act as a staging ground & future port, thus saving precious fuel.
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion per se, but I see people talking about colonizing & expanding straight to Mars, and I just think; "Have you completely forgotten that the moon exists?"

Last edited:
The moon should be colonized before we even start planning to expand to Mars. Why?
  • The Moon is far closer & easier to get to than Mars.
  • The Moon could provide extra resources for future expansion (such as Mars).
  • The Moon's low gravity & non-existent atmosphere could act as a staging ground & future port, thus saving precious fuel.
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion per se, but I see people talking about colonizing & expanding straight to Mars, and I just think; "Have you completely forgotten that the moon exists?"
Well the moon Isnt very big. And plus they say Mars because they’re at one point used to be water on Mars

That's true; I can completely understand wanting to colonize Mars, at some point. I just feel that the idea that some people have of trying to colonize a whole planet a fair distance away, before at least getting some basic infrastructure on the moon, is like attempting to climb a flight of stairs while skipping the first step.

Maybe I'm overexaggerating/misunderstanding those people's opinions & ideas, or maybe there's some practical reason to immediately shoot for Mars. Either way though, I still think that hypothetically, it'd make more sense to at least minimally colonize & set up on the moon first; before committing anything to full-on planet colonization.

I'm just ranting now, aren't I?

That's true; I can completely understand wanting to colonize Mars, at some point. I just feel that the idea that some people have of trying to colonize a whole planet a fair distance away, before at least getting some basic infrastructure on the moon, is like attempting to climb a flight of stairs while skipping the first step.

Maybe I'm overexaggerating/misunderstanding those people's opinions & ideas, or maybe there's some practical reason to immediately shoot for Mars. Either way though, I still think that hypothetically, it'd make more sense to at least minimally colonize & set up on the moon first; before committing anything to full-on planet colonization.

I'm just ranting now, aren't I?
It’s ok. Wanna talk about this in a pm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back