Other Unpopular Opinions

I hope no one has posted this yet, but my unpopular opinion is that Casper the ghost sucks. I think he's just very boring, and the only thing that sets him apart from other big name characters is just that he is a ghost. I feel very strongly about a character designed for children, don't judge me.

I hope no one has posted this yet, but my unpopular opinion is that Casper the ghost sucks. I think he's just very boring, and the only thing that sets him apart from other big name characters is just that he is a ghost. I feel very strongly about a character designed for children, don't judge me.
Dot, Hot Stuff, Casper, Wendy the Witch.... I didn't think these old comic characters were even relevant anymore. Like, these are comics my MOM told me about. And she's a senior citizen.

I thought I'd mention it since the 20th anniversary docu-thing is now streaming...

I don't like Harry Potter. I think it's probably one of the most overrated fandoms I've ever witnessed in my lifetime. Like, I've seen a good handful of the movies. Not all of them, because well... why would I if I don't even like them? They aren't explicitly terrible or anything. But they definitely aren't as awesome as some people make it out to be.

I thought I'd mention it since the 20th anniversary docu-thing is now streaming...

I don't like Harry Potter. I think it's probably one of the most overrated fandoms I've ever witnessed in my lifetime. Like, I've seen a good handful of the movies. Not all of them, because well... why would I if I don't even like them? They aren't explicitly terrible or anything. But they definitely aren't as awesome as some people make it out to be.
I like the series, but I also grew up with it so there's a sense of nostalgia there. However, you are correct about it not being as great as some make it out to be.

I like the series, but I also grew up with it so there's a sense of nostalgia there. However, you are correct about it not being as great as some make it out to be.
20 years ago, i was 17. So, I was over the age group it initially appealed to, I think.

Maybe not unpopular here but unpopular where I live: I think healthcare workers should be required to get the COVID vaccine (and flu vaccine for that matter). We work with society's most vulnerable members immunologically speaking, and refusing to take actions to keep our patients from getting deadly diseases feels like negligence to me. Besides, at eight billion-plus doses administered, any complaints about it being untested fall flat at this point.

Where I live, even people here who support the vaccine don't support mandating it. Some of my anti-vaccine coworkers have even come to work with COVID, which absolutely infuriates me. (I work on an ambulance btw.)

Maybe not unpopular here but unpopular where I live: I think healthcare workers should be required to get the COVID vaccine (and flu vaccine for that matter). We work with society's most vulnerable members immunologically speaking, and refusing to take actions to keep our patients from getting deadly diseases feels like negligence to me. Besides, at eight billion-plus doses administered, any complaints about it being untested fall flat at this point.

Where I live, even people here who support the vaccine don't support mandating it. Some of my anti-vaccine coworkers have even come to work with COVID, which absolutely infuriates me. (I work on an ambulance btw.)
I agree. Those who refuse to take these basic measures to protect others should not even be in Healthcare.

Here lies an unpopular opinion.
Demon Slayer is just so... so... meh.
I wouldn't say it's even bad, it's just extremely mediocre, and in my opinion it just doesn't deserve the rabid love people have for it.

• I think root beer is disgusting, but a lot of people I know drink it. Particularly the AW root beer brand. I did learn I liked their cream soda though.
The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard DWiz, like Daisie, if I read her right, I sometimes want root beer and sometimes I don't want it. I must admit to liking root beer when it is freshly made if you can find it that way.

I'm not talking about A & W or Barq's; I'm talking about specially restaurants or bars who make their own. Sometimes, freshly made root beer is terrific! And if you like cream soda, maybe the same type of restaurants can make that too.

Light Theme > Dark Theme
It's Fyuri.

As far as this Dannigan is concerned, our rare and special Fyuri has done so much good just on RP Nation alone that I feel she can like or dislike whatever she wants. Even if I can't stand the item in question, if it's Fyuri, and she likes it, she deserves it.

Fyuri really is a rock star in my book. =)

"With COVID"?!

To anyone out there with any kind of harmful contagious condition, if you are sick, please. Stay home. Heal. Come back when you're healthy.

"With COVID"?!

To anyone out there with any kind of harmful contagious condition, if you are sick, please. Stay home. Heal. Come back when you're healthy.
Thanks to misinformation a lot of people genuinely do think Covid is only a flu. Even then people should not be going to work sick. Even the flu can spread and potentially kill the immunocompromised.

Here is my possibly unpopular opinion! Oh boy! Incoming! =)

No one likes to be judged, right?

Well, I really wish more people would take that notion one step further and try to understand the other side. Even if I don't agree with you, at least you and I will understand one another firmly. Hopefully civilly. Perhaps from there we can respect each other!

I learned a long time ago that I don't have to like everybody, but I ought to try to respect everyone. I succeed most of the time.

Oh! And, no, it's not an easy thing to do. At least it isn't for someone like me. Especially if the viewpoint in question is one that rankles me.

But I've learned that if I could just put my ego and personal feelings aside for awhile and listen... it's not that by listening I am surrendering to the viewpoint; it is simply that I want to hear from the source what their issue is.

Not my mind, but theirs. Get it? =)

And by listening to it, I can honestly understand it, even if I don't agree with it. "Oh, you feel this way because... well, I don't agree, but you're a person too."

The next person that I come across that has problems with those feelings, perhaps I can relate what I learned to them and then we can all understand each other a little better, you know?

Having such conversations makes my feelings from that point onward based on direct knowledge instead of illusions and imaginings.

When I went to imagine things, I come here! To RP Nation! It's the best place in the whole wide world to share imaginings and fun!

At least for someone like me. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Thanks to misinformation a lot of people genuinely do think Covid is only a flu. Even then people should not be going to work sick. Even the flu can spread and potentially kill the immunocompromised.
It's true.

And I just read your avatar-message. Welcome back, Jannah Jannah ! =)

It's true.

And I just read your avatar-message. Welcome back!
I hope masking while sick remains a thing even after the pandemic tbh. My are saw almost no flu cases last year due to everyone wearing a mask.

Maybe the worst part is that they know it's not just a flu. Sure, they think the numbers are overblown. But every one of us has ran on a Covid patient that was half-dead, oxygen in the fifties, knowing full well you can't save them but at least have to try. And they know that we work with immunocomprimised patients and in nursing homes where Covid can wreak absolute havoc. And they still came to work sick. :yakuza2:

Maybe the worst part is that they know it's not just a flu. Sure, they think the numbers are overblown. But every one of us has ran on a Covid patient that was half-dead, oxygen in the fifties, knowing full well you can't save them but at least have to try. And they know that we work with immunocomprimised patients and in nursing homes where Covid can wreak absolute havoc. And they still came to work sick. :yakuza2:
Idk, if someone is going to so blatantly disregard medical science then maybe they should not be working in healthcare.

Goblin Slayer is kind of mediocre. It has a pretty okay premise, but it just seems like basic dark fantasy. Maybe it's because I read Berserk first, and that series spoiled me when it came to Japanese dark fantasy. I feel like most of the appeal for Goblin Slayer came off the hype for the DOOM reboot where the two characters were similar in that they were bloodthirsty, single-minded maniacs with a desire to eradicate a species (Doom Slayer with demons, Goblin Slayer with you-know-what) but that sort of storytelling can only go skin-deep. DOOM only works because it's a video game, a video game that presents its storyline as fairly secondary to the main event. How many times have you seen a scene from Goblin Slayer get paired up with BFG Division or The Only Thing They Fear is You? You know what I mean/

Last edited:
my hero academia . . . sucks. it's not the worst story in the world or anything, and dont get me wrong i LOVE the world building and such (i make a lot of characters for it because of how fun it is) but it's poorly written in a few massive areas. the female characters are pitiful! if i hear one more "what would DEKU do?" from ochako, i might loose it. also momo's character design w the super revealing outfit feels weird. i dont wanna watch a 15/16 year old girl with her chest out like that although i suppose that's a lot of anime. also the whole quirklessness thing feels weird. i think its apparent that not having a quirk is a disability and it feels weird that a protagonist told someone to die themselves just bc they were quirkless. dont get me wrong, its fun but i would hardly say its perfect. its big because it's a fun story with fun worldbuilding and thus a lot of teens and preteens migrate to it, nothing wrong with that!

I don't like Berserk. Not even sure why. Something about it just doesn't click with me. Nothing against dark tones or themes, I quite enjoy dark fantasy and I'm an avid fan of Mori Kouji's works and he is a friend of Kentarou Miura [creator of Berserker] and I think even has had some work/consulting on Berserk. But something about it I just... can't, for the life of me, get into it. Tried a few times, never made it past a few chapters before getting bored. Maybe the overall theme or point of the story doesn't interest me, or maybe there is something about the world that pushes me off, or maybe it's the characters....

Objectively, I know they are good. Just don't interest me.

Kinda like the Witcher. Games and novels, at least, I enjoy the show. Tried all three games, tried some of the novels, just, for the life of me, can't get into them. That one though, I know it's because I dislike Geralt and just don't care for him so it is rather impossible to get into the games or novels. I enjoy the show though, probably because the Geralt everyone else likes actually comes across to me through Henry Cavill. [Although, ironically, in the show, I can't stand Yennefer so.. I can never truly win with that verse].

I don't like Berserk. Not even sure why. Something about it just doesn't click with me. Nothing against dark tones or themes, I quite enjoy dark fantasy and I'm an avid fan of Mori Kouji's works and he is a friend of Kentarou Miura [creator of Berserker] and I think even has had some work/consulting on Berserk. But something about it I just... can't, for the life of me, get into it. Tried a few times, never made it past a few chapters before getting bored. Maybe the overall theme or point of the story doesn't interest me, or maybe there is something about the world that pushes me off, or maybe it's the characters....

Kinda like the Witcher. Games and novels, at least, I enjoy the show. Tried all three games, tried some of the novels, just, for the life of me, can't get into them. That one though, I know it's because I dislike Geralt and just don't care for him so it is rather impossible to get into the games or novels. I enjoy the show though, probably because the Geralt everyone else likes actually comes across to me through Henry Cavill. [Although, ironically, in the show, I can't stand Yennefer so.. I can never truly win with that verse].

How far in did you read?

How far in did you read?

Already said it in that post. Few chapters. If you mean 'it gets better' or 'I'll surely like it after X arc', I know the highs and lows of it, have enough friends that enjoy talking about it. Still doesn't interest me.

A friend of mine tried a drink she had never tried before. When she found it wasn't to her taste, she didn't pretend to enjoy it - she was true to herself. I think that's really the best way to be. "It's good; I just don't like it."

"To thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare.

I mean, how else are you supposed to honestly improve yourself? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back