Other Unpopular Opinions

I've seen that this opinion has a lot of controversy on here but:
Light theme is just as good as dark theme, I've been switching between light theme during daytime and dark theme during nighttime.

Light theme is just as good as dark theme, I've been switching between light theme during daytime and dark theme during nighttime.
This made me switch on light mode for the first time in ages. It burns my eyes (probably because it's 10 p.m.) but it does look nice.

It’s not that light mode isn’t aesthetically pleasing, it’s that I haven’t turned it on in such a long time that my mind rejects it at first sight. I’ll have to try it some time

This made me switch on light mode for the first time in ages. It burns my eyes (probably because it's 10 p.m.) but it does look nice.
Yeah, I switch to it during the day time because my house has a lot of natural lighting, light mode helps me see better on my phone during the day. But for night time, I choose dark mode to see better at night time.

I don't like the show Friends and just shows in general with the old laugh track spamming. And I also don't like the cheap copout of "it was aliens/a dream all along!' in stories, movies, books and whatever.

A very controversial opinion: I don’t like jello. It has a weird texture and consistency that I’m not a fan of, but it also doesn’t taste very good. Even when it’s made from scratch.

I almost always use dark mode on any website where it's an option. It's much easier on the eyes. The bright colours hurt my eyes.

A very controversial opinion: I don’t like jello. It has a weird texture and consistency that I’m not a fan of, but it also doesn’t taste very good. Even when it’s made from scratch.
TIL some people make jello from scratch. For some reason this makes me uncomfortable, like learning that homemade yogurt is made by cooking it in an instant pot.

Unpopular Opinion:

Shows that don’t have a main “man vs. man” type conflict are more enjoyable. Shows that have the main conflict of man vs. self or man vs. nature are still suspenseful, but less stressful if that makes any sense

unpopular opinions, huh? hopefully noone has already said this but

platonic rps > romantic rps. slow-burn friendships are just so much better than a slow-burn lovers plot imo ksdfsdsfsd platonic love is underrated 🥺

platonic rps > romantic rps. slow-burn friendships are just so much better than a slow-burn lovers plot imo ksdfsdsfsd platonic love is underrated 🥺
While I do like romance RP's I do wish platonic RP's were more appreciated. They can be just as fun. I'm in one now about twin brothers.

This one is just in time for the season!

Christmas sucks as a Holiday and is a money-sink.
- Even if my financial situation is stable, I can't afford buying gifts for everybody around me. No, Jerry From Work™, I am not spending up to 30 dollars on your Secret Santa. I have rent to pay.
- Conversely: Please don't spend money on me just because. I don't have a lot I particularly ask for. Don't waste money on something you and I will both feel lukewarm about.
- I have listened to the same outdated songs for 23 years straight god please make it stop

Mind you, I have to say that I like SOME parts of the holiday season. I like seeing the world around me get spruced up with decorations—it makes my commutes, my walks around town a lot more lively and festive. Especially when you walk around at night, with all of those fairy lights set up and strewn around. I love how people are more generous and kind to one another at this time of year, and I love seeing others give gift to each other. But this doesn't change the fact that someone has to finally stand up and say that Mariah Carey was never that good.

hi, everyone! nice to say hello :^)
I don't really have strong opinions about Chrimbo because it's never touched me before but I will say that people who are weird about people not celebrating it while themselves also refusing to go to secular new year's parties are making A Mistake, yes this has been people I've worked with :)))))))))

other unpopular opinion however: if you're going to be writing vampires and werewolves and such there's a lot more mileage you can get from going back to the roots of these concepts than from iterating endlessly on twilight and anne rice (rest her soul)!
these are perfectly good fandom settings but it's worth considering what kind of story you want to tell with these characters and in what ways you might be limited by putting them in those boxes!
one of my favourite characters to play is a nosy werefox yiddish theater actress rooted in like, dusty old jewish werewolf takes whereby it's like a metaphor for your inner demons - ayn's got a lot of cool stuff going for her and once broke into a steamship ballroom to be dramatic and kiss a love interest at midnight, but she's also a pathological liar and kleptomaniac who manufactures a solid amount of her own misery (which is partly why the curse went in that direction) and refuses to face her very real role in making people miserable in service to her very changeable ambitions!
she couldn't have done any of that if the only way she could exist were in the context of a vaguely culty Pack (tm) devoted to keeping back the vampire scourge, because you don't really get to have those kinds of negative arcs if your existence is devoted to smiting the evil ones :^)
I think most people at or near my experience with the hobby take vague concepts and build them around a plot they've got in mind already, but a lot of the time people with less experience feel the need to use popular urban fantasy tropes (or in one memorable case, concepts from warrior cats that usually only infect free-form animal rps) in their original work as a crutch, without thinking about whether they need to, and you can really tell!
sometimes you're just better off going back to the super super basics of your concept, without letting what's popular now or like common ambient fanon affect you -- you lose some engagement from people who like to skim but consider the narrative mileage you gain!

This one is just in time for the season!

Christmas sucks as a Holiday and is a money-sink.
- Even if my financial situation is stable, I can't afford buying gifts for everybody around me. No, Jerry From Work™, I am not spending up to 30 dollars on your Secret Santa. I have rent to pay.
- Conversely: Please don't spend money on me just because. I don't have a lot I particularly ask for. Don't waste money on something you and I will both feel lukewarm about.
- I have listened to the same outdated songs for 23 years straight god please make it stop

Mind you, I have to say that I like SOME parts of the holiday season. I like seeing the world around me get spruced up with decorations—it makes my commutes, my walks around town a lot more lively and festive. Especially when you walk around at night, with all of those fairy lights set up and strewn around. I love how people are more generous and kind to one another at this time of year, and I love seeing others give gift to each other. But this doesn't change the fact that someone has to finally stand up and say that Mariah Carey was never that good.
Gotta agree there. i fucking HATE the holidays. They are stupid and stressful, and totally pointless. Its just this traditional garbage we have to deal with every year, to spend money we dont have and visit people we dont want to visit, and try and pretend we arent uncomfortable/bored the whole time. Why? Life isn't hard and stressful enough?

Agreed. I actually find there to be something weird about romance RPs, to be honest. I'd much rather write my own characters becoming romantic in a story than role-play that with another person.

Gotta agree there. i fucking HATE the holidays. They are stupid and stressful, and totally pointless. Its just this traditional garbage we have to deal with every year, to spend money we dont have and visit people we dont want to visit, and try and pretend we arent uncomfortable/bored the whole time. Why? Life isn't hard and stressful enough?
Right? So glad Christmas is over now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back