Other Unpopular Opinions

I don't MIND Demon Slayer, but holy moly, I can't seem to figure out why everyone thinks it's God's gift 😂

Unpopular opinion: Demon Slayer is REALLY mediocre.

I don’t like writing about canon characters. If I wanted to write them, or read about them for that matter, I would go seek out the source material. Or fanfiction. To me, if I’m writing with someone else, it’s much more interesting to focus on characters of our own creation. Not saying other people can’t enjoy it, but it’s not for me. Let me enthuse over our adorable OCs together, not struggle to write whatever canon character against your OC.

I don’t like writing about canon characters.
Oh man, you're reminding me of my past so much today.

Speaking of canon characters: one of my first dalliances into forum-RP was due to a girl I wanted to impress. She was a Harry Potter fanfic RPer, and I figured that was my in. Unfortunately I disregarded the fact that I'm completely out of control.

The first mistake I made was when I chose what character I wanted to play. Now, I like deeply flawed, relatable characters - so of course the one I chose (keep in mind that I'm doing this to impress a fanficy teenage girl) was Peter Pettigrew. The second mistake I made was playing him as true to the source as I was able; a sniveling, cowardly, disgusting rat of a human.

Imagine my surprise when this girl was not impressed and actually kinda put off. :xFrolleyes:

Oh well, you live and you learn, right?

Not sure if it’s uncommon, but I don’t find silence uncomfortable irl. A lot of people tend to want to fill it with something, but I’m okay with it. My brain is whirring away in the background so my default is to smile and nod.

Though that said, when I get too overly excited, I can’t seem to stop talking. It’s strange how that goes.

Yes it's considered uncommon but I relate. Much prefer to sit in silence then to have it filled with a bunch of inane rambling, usually about things that are completely irrelevant. In the wise and cynical words of Bo Burnham-

"Here’s a question for you guys. Um… Is it… is it necessary? Is it necessary that every single person on this planet um, expresses every single opinion that they have on every single thing that occurs all at the same time? Is that… is that necessary? Um… Or to ask in a slightly different way, um, can… can anyone shut the f**k up? Can… can anyone, any… any… any one, any single one, can any one… shut the f**k up about anything– About any… any single thing? Can any single person shut the f**k up about any singlе thing for an hour? You know, is that… is that possible?"

Anakin in AotC and RotS was a good character. He was annoying, immature, and generally dislikable, but - here's the thing. That doesn't make him a bad character. He was a kid who had a lot on his plate and a whole host of issues, and made some mistakes. Really, really bad mistakes, granted, but mistakes nonetheless. Most importantly, he was a nineteen year old (or something like that) teenage boy. Speaking as one, teenagers suck. We're terrible. But that doesn't mean Anakin was a bad character for being a horrible, annoying teenage character - if anything, he was an accurate character because of that.

Not sure if it’s uncommon, but I don’t find silence uncomfortable irl. A lot of people tend to want to fill it with something, but I’m okay with it. My brain is whirring away in the background so my default is to smile and nod.
Interesting how true this is. I've heard about a neat mental trick: Whenever you want to get the most information out of someone, you stay quiet while they talk and don't add anything. Chances are, they'll be desperate to fill the silence with something, and they'll give way more information than necessary.

Don't know how true it is, but based on my own talkative behaviour, I buy it, heh.

In a world where social media is thriving and people keep tweeting meaningless things: Not all comments are necessary since there are times when everyone wants to give their unwarranted opinion. Advice is cool when you ask for it, but if it’s not needed, better to keep those thoughts to yourself.

I don't get the squid game craze. It was...okay? It sort of just felt like every other battle royale inspired flick from that same region.

I don't even care if it's unpopular or not but it's really okay to just block/ignore someone at the drop of a hat especially if they are on some b.s. and you really don't want to deal with it.

genuinely unsure how most people feel about this - but as an introvert, i personally hate small talk. it makes me super uncomfortable. i know that it’s hard to avoid since that’s how conversations usually start, but i would much rather just sit in silence than have to talk to someone about the weather.

genuinely unsure how most people feel about this - but as an introvert, i personally hate small talk. it makes me super uncomfortable. i know that it’s hard to avoid since that’s how conversations usually start, but i would much rather just sit in silence than have to talk to someone about the weather.
I hate it too especially when the other person goes into their whole life history after.

very unpopular opinion:
it is okay to look out for #1 sometimes. if dealing with other people is mentally and physically stressful, stop. Don’t interact with people if they’re gonna stress you out. I’m doing my best to cut off almost an entire “friend” group because I realized how bad they were for my mental and physical health.

it is not bad to look after yourself and only yourself sometimes.

very unpopular opinion:
it is okay to look out for #1 sometimes. if dealing with other people is mentally and physically stressful, stop. Don’t interact with people if they’re gonna stress you out. I’m doing my best to cut off almost an entire “friend” group because I realized how bad they were for my mental and physical health.

it is not bad to look after yourself and only yourself sometimes.
louder for the people in the back! 👏🏻

You're responsible for resolving and examining your own triggers. Not others. It holds to much responsibility onto other people that is not theirs to bare.

Unpopular Opinion: Not all mainstream/popular bands are sell outs. Most of these people are incredibly talented and achieved success via their own merit. They deserve to be where they are now.

Something I never understood was this idea of loathing something that’s “mainstream”. In the context of music, I’ve often encountered people who consider themselves “fans” of an artist only to belittle them later on and call the artists/musicians/bands a “sell out” when they reach commercial success. As a fan, wouldn’t you wish for your favourite band to be successful? To share their music and basically all the things you admire about them with everyone else? It really just seems counter-intuitive to me and really borders on unnecessary gatekeeping of the artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back