Other Unpopular Opinions

True but there was more to get your blood flowing. Constantly fearing what could go wrong makes things more interesting. Not to mention their belief's where ever so thrilling as well. With such things as witches and dragons. They always found something to write about and is the foundation of today's fantasy and story telling.
Lol a short life filled with adrenaline. I suppose it's is semi appealing on the surface at least. Although I think the smell of that time period would turn me right off... Also disease would probably wipe you out before anything else would.

Lol a short life filled with adrenaline. I suppose it's is semi appealing on the surface at least. Although I think the smell of that time period would turn me right off... Also disease would probably wipe you out before anything else would.
Word of advice, go to the Middle Ages before the Black Death. Not only will you avoid a horrible death, people will actually smell pretty decent. The while medieval people not bathing thing is popular because near the start of the Black Plague a common superstition was created where bathing actually made you more susceptible to disease, to the point that up until the Age of Exploration it was seen as uncivilized. There are actually records of Puritan colonists considering Native Americans savage for bathing. The fact the average life span was forty for about seven hundred years goes to show what poor hygiene can do to you.

Word of advice, go to the Middle Ages before the Black Death. Not only will you avoid a horrible death, people will actually smell pretty decent. The while medieval people not bathing thing is popular because near the start of the Black Plague a common superstition was created where bathing actually made you more susceptible to disease, to the point that up until the Age of Exploration it was seen as uncivilized. There are actually records of Puritan colonists considering Native Americans savage for bathing. The fact the average life span was forty for about seven hundred years goes to show what poor hygiene can do to you.
The smell I was on about wasn't from ppl not bathing 😂

Take me to ancient Rome or Greece. Fresh flowing water and sewage systems... But also blood sports! Lol

The smell I was in about wasn't from ppl not bathing 😂

Take me to ancient Rome or Greece. Fresh flowing water and sewage systems... But also blood sports! Lol
Ah right forgot about that. Don't go to Rome, it's not as great as everyone thinks it is. You have a very good chance of being trampled by a mob or caught up in a bloody civil war. Or just conquered by them.

Ah right forgot about that. Don't go to Rome, it's not as great as everyone thinks it is. You have a very good chance of being trampled by a mob or caught up in a bloody civil war. Or just conquered by them.
But isn't that what this is all about? Living life on the edge and dying young? Gotta have that ADRENALINE! 😂😂

(Also tribal wars, don't forget tribal wars 😝)

But isn't that what this is all about? Living life on the edge and dying young? Gotta have that ADRENALINE! 😂😂

(Also tribal wars, don't forget tribal wars 😝)
I say reject civilization. My hot take is we should return to munky. Yes, we'll be a bunch of savage beasts but I mean...is that much different from now?

Reject humanity. Return to monke.

I say reject civilization. My hot take is we should return to munky. Yes, we'll be a bunch of savage beasts but I mean...is that much different from now?

Reject humanity. Return to monke.
Evolution has reached its peak. It's time to go full circle! Bring back the primordial soup!

This is about the game trilogy Psychonauts. I don't like the shipping between Raz and Lili. It feels forced, not to mention it didn't even take a day for them to not only get together, but that was also the day they MET. The two BARELY know each other, and it just feels very rushed, so you can imagine my discomfort with it.

I've always thought that if a person is allowed to put down an adult dog, they should also be allowed to euthanize an infant human. Say below two years old. I don't have any memories before I was three years old, and having interacted with lots of different infants and dogs I really don't see a stark difference in cleverness or intelligence between them.

The way I see it is that either all life is sacred or none of it is. And, well, the proof is in the pudding. Raise your hand if you absent-mindedly swat mosquitoes.

I've always thought that if a person is allowed to put down an adult dog, they should also be allowed to euthanize an infant human. Say below two years old. I don't have any memories before I was three years old, and having interacted with lots of different infants and dogs I really don't see a stark difference in cleverness or intelligence between them.

The way I see it is that either all life is sacred or none of it is. And, well, the proof is in the pudding. Raise your hand if you absent-mindedly swat mosquitoes.
*raise hand*

Anyone else think reality is boring? Or at least it was better in mid evil times?
One reason why I don't like modern realistic RP's very much. I live real life so don't have much interest in RPing it. If I do modern settings then usually there needs to be some sort of fantasy element involved, otherwise I lose interest quickly. The one exception I will make for not doing modern realistic is with stuff about heists, organized crime, etc. Those are fun regardless of era.

One reason why I don't like modern realistic RP's very much. I live real life so don't have much interest in RPing it. If I do modern settings then usually there needs to be some sort of fantasy element involved, otherwise I lose interest quickly. The one exception I will make for not doing modern realistic is with stuff about heists, organized crime, etc. Those are fun regardless of era.
Agreed!

I'll always maintain that organized crime had its golden age in the 1930's. When gangsters wore suits and hung out in classy pubs or speakeasys.
This is true, but for whatever reason when I do those RP's they tend to be in the modern era.

That's a shame, because everyone should have the opportunity once in their life to spray down the street with their tommy-gun while chewing on a toothpick and shouting "Come get me coppahs!".
Well, in my defense historical RP's tend to be harder to find on this site. When they do pop up they tend to be Medieval fantasy type stuff. I'm kind of bored of that.

I'm fruity and I'm full of sugar rn so I guess you prefer me to chocolate, racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back