Other Unpopular Opinions

Lemme just say that Halloween is better than Christmas
It has nothing to do with getting dumbass candy or scaring the shit out of people of whatever
But an entirely different reason
That's good for you, but other people are allowed to feel how they want to feel about it. I don't like it, never will.

Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion or anything
Besides I don't necessarily like it either it's just better than Christmas
Mainly for the reason of the fact that it's all Hallow's Eve and not the Halloween part
Just because it's cultural for me

Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion or anything
Besides I don't necessarily like it either it's just better than Christmas
Mainly for the reason of the fact that it's all Hallow's Eve and not the Halloween part
Just because it's cultural for me
No more arguing plz~ * grabs hand * )

mass returns? I'm confused. What do you mean?
Mass returns of the game?
Hundreds, thousands of people returning the game at once because it was horrible and so broken
Everyone had a big let down because they were working on it for so long and it turned out so garbage

Mass returns of the game?
Hundreds, thousands of people returning the game at once because it was horrible and so broken
Everyone had a big let down because they were working on it for so long and it turned out so garbage
um... I wasn't talking about a game. I was talking about the cyberpunk sub-genre. The fact that their is even a big, hyped up, and failed game that is called "Cyberpunk", just fortifies my initial statement.

-Sera from DA:I is a deeply misunderstood character and is far more interesting and complex than people give her credit for. She's a victim of abuse who never got the help she needed and is now desperate for validation.
-Pickle juice is fucking amazing and helps with cramps.
-There is always too much tomato sauce on pizza
-Men do not look good in skinny jeans, I'm sorry that is my truth.

Ghosting and falling off RP game early in the process is common; it is very hard to find anyone who will stay in RPs for the longterm.

It sucks; on the upside, you get to meet very many different people that way.

Therefore my opinion is: some RP players and RP stories are meant for an isolated, localized time subset and are not necessarily meant to last forever ... or even long-term, even though all players agree to it at first. Unfortunately.

Ghosting and falling off RP game early in the process is common; it is very hard to find anyone who will stay in RPs for the longterm.

It sucks; on the upside, you get to meet very many different people that way.

Therefore my opinion is: some RP players and RP stories are meant for an isolated, localized time subset and are not necessarily meant to last forever ... or even long-term, even though all players agree to it at first. Unfortunately.
Hardly an unpopular opinion. Honestly, this is closer to a fact. lmao
I've been on some RP sites that actually have a banner for accolades to whomever submits an RP that has been seen into completion. Online roleplaying has a higher probability of dying before its time than your average county fair goldfish.

Personally, I prefer my RPs to be kept episodic. Short-term that can be linked into a series with the same characters (or the characters can be changed up). It keeps the focus on a more immediate narrative instead of the long run. It's less pressure and less commitment. And when/if someone leaves, it's less of a loss of time and effort.

I find the yandere trope kind of hot, not gonna lie. While it isn't something I'd actually want to happen in real life, I wouldn't mind reading about it. Though, I do understand that most people find it creepy and the fact that losing agency over yourself can be a little ehhhh, but its like a guilty pleasure. XD

So now I have an RP idea-

I've always preferred my cereal soggy.

For some reason, otherwise it has always cut up the roof of my mouth and gums. Chips do the same thing.

I find the yandere trope kind of hot, not gonna lie. While it isn't something I'd actually want to happen in real life, I wouldn't mind reading about it. Though, I do understand that most people find it creepy and the fact that losing agency over yourself can be a little ehhhh, but its like a guilty pleasure. XD

I had to look up "yandere". In America, this is just called an abusive relationship. lol

For some reason, otherwise it has always cut up the roof of my mouth and gums.
I'm 70% sure that just happens to everyone and we endure it because it's part of the crunchy cereal experience

Wow ... before I saw that quotation, I honestly thought you were talking about 70% of people putting up with their yandere!
yeah it's a statistical fact that 70% of people have an obsessive stalker that kidnaps and/or slaughters any possible competition without hesitation or remorse
I thought everyone knew this 😂

I honestly don't know if I've ever brought this up on this site before (probably not, as I don't have a ton of interest in the fandom). But...

Why didn't anyone in any of the Harry Potter movies ever think to just shoot Voldmort (the nose-less guy) and his cronies with a gun? I mean, that would have made everything that much simpler. That bullet gonna hit em' before they even know they've been shot. No chance of casting any spells against it.

I honestly don't know if I've ever brought this up on this site before (probably not, as I don't have a ton of interest in the fandom). But...

Why didn't anyone in any of the Harry Potter movies ever think to just shoot Voldmort (the nose-less guy) and his cronies with a gun? I mean, that would have made everything that much simpler. That bullet gonna hit em' before they even know they've been shot. No chance of casting any spells against it.
It's obvious in the books that most wizards that grew up in the wizarding world are pretty damn stupid when it comes to anything related to muggles (non magic folk) so I doubt many of them knew how to use a gun. I remember in the Prisoner of Azkaban book, Harry was reading a wizard newspaper where they talked about an escaped prisoner from their wizard jail and had to alert some muggle mister about it. The muggle news says the dude has a gun as a cover up (because ya know, can't say he's a wizard) and the newspaper had to describe what a gun even was.

It's obvious in the books that most wizards that grew up in the wizarding world are pretty damn stupid when it comes to anything related to muggles (non magic folk) so I doubt many of them knew how to use a gun. I remember in the Prisoner of Azkaban book, Harry was reading a wizard newspaper where they talked about an escaped prisoner from their wizard jail and had to alert some muggle mister about it. The muggle news says the dude has a gun as a cover up (because ya know, can't say he's a wizard) and the newspaper had to describe what a gun even was.
and yet... no one from the muggle world has ever talked about or suggested the idea of a gun to anyone? I mean, c'mon... it seems like a pretty huge oversight. Harry was from the real world, and I'm pretty sure more than enough other kids were also.

No one suggests:
"Hey, so we have these devices that can fire a deadly projectile at faster-than-sound velocity. All our law enforcement use them to protect against criminals. Maybe that could be useful."

Nah. Let's just keep resorting to yelling spells at each other, where the enemy clearly has a strong domain over. Ad I mean, the wizard peeps clearly have to have connection in normie world. Hence they even contacted one to make the newspaper cover up. And NONE of these people convey the idea of something so basic as a gun? I mean, the equivalent would be like a normie not knowing what a magic wand is. They don't have to know the specifics of how it worlds, but they are uber common in wizard world, right? Just as common as guns are in the real world. j/s

For the fact that I partly agree with you; LOL

For the fact that I partly agree with you; LOL

I did forget to mention in that post that if you take away the whole "I'm going to kill everyone who makes you just even a hair upset or accidentally bump into you", they really are just hopeless romantics that try way too hard. XD

I don’t actually mind being called out. For some reason, I find it exciting to debate with a person with opposing views and playing devil’s advocate. I always end up learning something at the end. No harsh feelings just new thoughts and ideas to think about. Besides, I already know that I’m dumbest smart person that I’ve ever met.

*cracks knuckles in unpopular opinion*
There's nothing inherently wrong with one-line responses in roleplays.
There IS something wrong with one-word responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back