What's new

Other Unpopular Opinions

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
When someone tells me and my girlfriend that we're 'lesbian scum' and 'that kind of thing should be illegal' I just. I feel like 'get fucked, trump supporter' is a warranted response
I think that's less a political opinion, and more of a personal one nowadays. No political candidate is flaunting the notion of making homosexual relations illegal.

Murdergurl

Human rights should not be politicised.
I think the problem is that politics determine rights. Anyways, I think we're all getting off topic. And I definitely dont wanna descend into a political discussion. I hate politics, and I'm pretty sure its breaking some rule, too.

Syntra

Baba Yaga
Academics should pull their heads out of their asses, and I'm saying that as a member of the AcademiaTM. If you can't explain your thoughts in a clear, conscise way, they're worthless. In no way am I saying jargon isn't necessary, but convoluted syntax is inexcusable. Especially if you write in English-- like, not sure if you realize this, but it being a lingua franca means that scientists from the international community are trying to read your papers, too, and you are actively making it harder for them. (Maybe not unpopular here, but hoo boy, try to present this concept to your professor.)

Murdergurl

Academics should pull their heads out of their asses, and I'm saying that as a member of the AcademiaTM. If you can't explain your thoughts in a clear, conscise way, they're worthless. In no way am I saying jargon isn't necessary, but convoluted syntax is inexcusable. Especially if you write in English-- like, not sure if you realize this, but it being a lingua franca means that scientists from the international community are trying to read your papers, too, and you are actively making it harder for them. (Maybe not unpopular here, but hoo boy, try to present this concept to your professor.)
The fact that I can't relate to this makes me happy. lol

LoneKittyGirl_II

i SuDdEnLy FeEl LiKe LiGhT yAgAmI aT tHe EnD
When someone tells me and my girlfriend that we're 'lesbian scum' and 'that kind of thing should be illegal' I just. I feel like 'get fucked, trump supporter' is a warranted response
I would tell them so many horrible things because of their rude asses that I would likely get banned from any sort of social media ^33^

Last edited:

Pith

something pithy and clever
Not liking pineapple on pizza is fine (because that means more for me), but it shouldn't become the defining feature of your personality when someone has The Audacity to like a different sort of food from you. It's a stupid hill to die on.

revive

𝗅𝖾𝗍’𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 ✨
this one has actually had me thinking about it for a while now, but, i think that you don’t need to be the most idealistic version of yourself to feel worthy of love.

there’s this underlying notion in self development that people will only accept you if you become a better version of yourself. and that you can’t find love in your relationships (romantic or platonic) unless you truly love yourself, but everyone has doubts. and it’s okay to be afraid and have flaws and still grow with another person. it’s just how we’re built as social species. i feel like it’s individualistic and isolating to think that i would have to change my entire personality and being (aka glow up) to feel love and belonging.

analogy: it’s hard for a plant to sprout just as a seed itself. no matter how hard it tries, it still needs other elements to accompany it like fertile soil, sun light, and water to feel nourished.

acceptance and empathy is the key here. it’s not about being perfect. ❤

edit;; long-story short, don’t be afraid to be loved and give love as you are right now, messy, flawed, and all. growth does happen, as it usually does, when you have someone going through the journey with you.

Last edited:

LoneKittyGirl_II

The 80's was the best era of music, and will always be the best music era ever. Try to change my mind, if you dare.

LoneKittyGirl_II

this one has actually had me thinking about it for a while now, but, i think that you don’t need to be the most idealistic version of yourself to feel worthy of love.

there’s this underlying notion in self development that people will only accept you if you become a better version of yourself. and that you can’t find love in your relationships (romantic or platonic) unless you truly love yourself, but everyone has doubts. and it’s okay to be afraid and have flaws and still grow with another person. it’s just how we’re built as social species. i feel like it’s individualistic and isolating to think that i would have to change my entire personality and being (aka glow up) to feel love and belonging.

analogy: it’s hard for a plant to sprout just as a seed itself. no matter how hard it tries, it still needs other elements to accompany it like fertile soil, sun light, and water to feel nourished.

acceptance and empathy is the key here. it’s not about being perfect. ❤

edit;; long-story short, don’t be afraid to be loved and give love as you are right now, messy, flawed, and all. growth does happen, as it usually does, when you have someone going through the journey with you.
I don't know how that's unpopular, but I feel that all the way!!!

revive

𝗅𝖾𝗍’𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 ✨
I don't know how that's unpopular, but I feel that all the way!!!
well, i see “glow up” culture as a popular theme all the time in media. think: adele as she’s lost weight and how she might be getting praised. not that, it’s wrong to want to improve one’s self. but rather, doing so to belong or to ascertain approval from others really drives this idea of comparison and innate feeling of worthiness only as a product of idealized perfection rather than actual acceptance of oneself for who they are as a whole - mind, body, and spirit - and forgiveness of past mistakes. that’s the kind of self love that i think should be promoted instead of erasing your flaws, embrace them. accept them into your being. you’ll feel less dissonance or internal conflict with yourself and not have to hold yourself to societal standards.

sorry that was a long one. i’m glad you feel the same way though! it’s nice to find a kindred! 💖

LoneKittyGirl_II

well, i see “glow up” culture as a popular theme all the time in media. think: adele as she’s lost weight and how she might be getting praised. not that, it’s wrong to want to improve one’s self. but rather, doing so to belong or to ascertain approval from others really drives this idea of comparison and innate feeling of worthiness only as a product of idealized perfection rather than actual acceptance of oneself for who they are as a whole - mind, body, and spirit - and forgiveness of past mistakes. that’s the kind of self love that i think should be promoted instead of erasing your flaws, embrace them. accept them into your being. you’ll feel less dissonance or internal conflict with yourself and not have to hold yourself to societal standards.

sorry that was a long one. i’m glad you feel the same way though! it’s nice to find a kindred! 💖
I don't even listen to adele, or even knew that.
But I do have a different way of thinking of things.

revive

𝗅𝖾𝗍’𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 ✨
I don't even listen to adele, or even knew that.
But I do have a different way of thinking of things.
certainly! i do appreciate other people’s opinions as well, even if they don’t quite align with my own. thank you for sharing! ❤

it opens up discussion and allows one to examine internal beliefs and their sources (whether that be in a micro scale like family or a macro scale like country of origin or culture). it’s really helpful for me.

let me know if you’d like to chat more about it. or any lighter topics too. i’m not always in “philosopy” mode, but when i am - i tend to really dive deep in thought. lol. 😅

LoneKittyGirl_II

certainly! i do appreciate other people’s opinions as well, even if they don’t quite align with my own. thank you for sharing! ❤

it opens up discussion and allows one to examine internal beliefs and their sources (whether that be in a micro scale like family or a macro scale like country of origin or culture). it’s really helpful for me.

let me know if you’d like to chat more about it. or any lighter topics too. i’m not always in “philosopy” mode, but when i am - i tend to really dive deep in thought. lol. 😅
Yeah,...that philosophy mode is a usual for me whenever I'm talking to people who put their opinions out there. It's not that I argue, but a healthy discussion is pretty fun from time to time!

hooligan

steppin on the v̵̥́o̶̹̗̳̓̓̿̚i̸͓̊͝d̷͍̟̻̐
My unpopular opinion: pickles ruin everything. Don't you dare put pickles on my sandwich or burger. They are so strong, they overpower everything and make things soggy. Disgusting. u_u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)