Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Since I've been seeing this a lot recently:
- Just because an actor or a singer or whatever has done something criminal, doesn't mean you can no longer enjoy their past work. For example, Ian Watkins is scum, but I still listen to Lostprophets a lot.

Building on this you don’t have to take the Authors ideas as canon in post works. A great example is JK Rowling. She wrote the original series which people can more or less agree are canon. You might have your own particular headcanons that alter the story slightly but you at least acknowledge hey that’s how I read the books/interpreted the movies.

Everything post the HP series is just ... oh JK learned how to take part in her own fandom. That’s kinda neat. She has her favorite fanfic (Cursed Child), her 1920s AU (Fantastic Beasts) and even her own headcanons (wizards were incontinent before flushable toilets).

But it’s not like the bulk of the fandom necessarily accepts all those things. People usually only accept the parts of her headcanon that agree with their own. In the exact same way I will accept another fans headcanon if they agree with my own.

It’s kinda fascinating phenomena watching her go from God of her universe when the original books came out to basically just another big name fan who can’t really control the narrative of the fandom.

Being a cat mum isn't actually that bad if it makes the woman happy (coming from a cat mum and all). :)

To be fair the stereotype is more about remaining unmarried.

As the idea is a woman who doesn’t have a husband will end up surrounded by cats because she can’t find human companionship.

To be honest my unpopular opinion would be that cats (or other pets) are better than human companionship. I mean I got to clean up after my dog and feed her regularly but she also can’t do those things for herself. Versus men who expect the same thing but are perfectly capable of feeding and cleaning up after themselves.

(not a dig at all men but just the kind of men who think a woman needs them or she’ll be destined for the horrible fate of lonely cat lady)

To be fair the stereotype is more about remaining unmarried.

As the idea is a woman who doesn’t have a husband will end up surrounded by cats because she can’t find human companionship.

To be honest my unpopular opinion would be that cats (or other pets) are better than human companionship. I mean I got to clean up after my dog and feed her regularly but she also can’t do those things for herself. Versus men who expect the same thing but are perfectly capable of feeding and cleaning up after themselves.

(not a dig at all men but just the kind of men who think a woman needs them or she’ll be destined for the horrible fate of lonely cat lady)
I'm aware of the stereotype, I just don't think it's that big a deal. Like no one has a problem with older men living out the rest of their existence with a dog.

Like I think as long as a woman has a strong network of people around her and their own sense of purpose they can be quite happy without a lover, but I don't think most people could do it.

I'm aware of the stereotype, I just don't think it's that big a deal. Like no one has a problem with older men living out the rest of their existence with a dog.

Like I think as long as a woman has a strong network of people around her and their own sense of purpose they can be quite happy without a lover, but I don't think most people could do it.

Well yeah but that’s because of misogyny. It’s what the stereotype was built on

I’m my opinion most people don’t need a lover for companionship. In my experience in older generations there was just the expectation that you would get married. But in younger generations where the expectation no longer exists at least half of people seem content to look for companionship in friends/family/other places.

Now granted that’s just an opinion and I’m fairly sure an unpopular one. But it does fit my experience with people of my generation and below. Because we aren’t pressuring them to find romantic relationships they aren’t seeking them out as early or as often.

Well yeah but that’s because of misogyny. It’s what the stereotype was built on

I’m my opinion most people don’t need a lover for companionship. In my experience in older generations there was just the expectation that you would get married. But in younger generations where the expectation no longer exists at least half of people seem content to look for companionship in friends/family/other places.

Now granted that’s just an opinion and I’m fairly sure an unpopular one. But it does fit my experience with people of my generation and below. Because we aren’t pressuring them to find romantic relationships they aren’t seeking them out as early or as often.
I do actually disagree with you in that romantic relationships aren't desired, I just sadly think the dating scene is quite toxic today so it puts a lot of people off. For example I wouldn't date someone from my generation; they're generally obsessed with social media, they've had four previous "flings" in the last year alone with people of both genders and most of them are hopelessly effeminate or way too masculine. And that's the men, the woman are even worse.

Like I've accept the reality that short of a terrible accident or the discovery of eternal life I'm going to outlive my fiancé probably by at least a decade, likely longer. So I've planned for what I'm going to do after he's gone, and it's not to get another partner.

The bravest thing you'll ever do is love again.

Sorry to sound like a cheesy Instagram post but I wholeheartedly believe in this. I always have. It takes courage to put yourself out there and open up to someone you care about, especially if you have been hurt before.

Two of my best friends left me not too long ago, one of them mentally and emotionally abused me once he got into a relationship and realized he didn't need me to keep him occupied anymore, while the other dipped a day before my grandfather passed away because he didn't want to inconvenience himself over his friend misbehaving with me. They both told me they loved me, too.

I never gave up, I grew from experiences like these, and I learned to derive my strength from healthy relationships I surrounded myself with instead. With everything that is happening right now in our country, it is now more important than ever to love one another.

I honestly don't think BNHA, Naruto, or basically any of the other popular mainstream anime are cool at all. Just because they're popular.
I pride myself on not jumping onto trends while they're at their peak, but rather as they're going down or almost completely dead. Puella Magi Madoka Magica has been around for almost ten years now and I've been into it for about three (but now with the new anime that's been released popularity is going to spike again. RIP our small, dedicated fandom...)

Oh yeah I also don't like Marvel or DC or really anything along those lines. I read manga. I watch unpopular or semi-popular anime and then feel lonely when nobody else is in the fandom.

I'm pans (I gradually went from straight to bi in the past few years, and now after meeting a certain non-binary character, screw it I'm pans now) but don't support the "gay rights" or "LGBT rights" movements because of what they've become. I still fully support the idea of equality, just not the way it's currently being handled.

I've got a few but the one I get the most smack talk about is my dislike for The Legend of Korra series.

-Korra is a boring character, her character arc is weak, she is a jerk to all of her friends even until the end, she is spoiled and unlikable.
-The show introduces a lot of cool ideas which they get rid of to try to push lore that doesn't line up down our throats.
- The lore doesn't line up with that of Avatar: the last airbender.
- The lion turtles didn't GIVE Aang the ability to energy bend, it taught it to him, he even states it in the show meaning that the Lion turtles have no way of actually giving, or taking away bending of any kind. They just have a very unique understanding of the energy in the world because they are ancient being who have seen it all and learned it all.
- I have more but I will leave it at this since they are my main problems with it.

Pathfinder caters too much to weaboos (specifically edition 1). The shear amount of first and thrid party content that rehash preexisting weapons and armor to the names of the races (looking at you Tengu and Kitsune). In some cases the Asian variant items are actually superior to their normal counterparts. I like Pathfinder more than DnD because it complicated it in a good way, but goddamn I wish they'd stop licking Japan's boots.

Also I don't respect ethnic cultures that demand obedience and loyalty to elders or bloodlines. This value is often upheld to a toxic degree and neuroticism is absolutely rampant in these communities. Community centric cultures have their benefits but getting slapped around emotionally and physically because I want to be an equal instead of a servant doesn't make it worth shit. On that matter, people on social media that embellish the shitty treatment they got and still get from their parents as some trophy of their ethnicity are one of the most infuriating types of people.

I know smut isn't allowed on here (which I'm pretty glad for) but it does get too much hate. Like I'm part of an adult only forum and you get some epic stories on there rather than just rampant sex sessions (you do get a bit of that but it's really not that bad). Everyone respects each others boundaries and they tend to ask before introducing something weird.

Not liking children is not an excuse to be rude to them. Many people who dislike children are straight up rude and sometimes cruel to infants, simply because they dislike them. Such sadistic acts shouldn't, obviously, be supported and encouraged by other people, but they often are, as "just joyful bantering". No, if a child is uncomfortable with any type of "jokingly behaviour", then maybe such behaviour isn't as jokingly as you might think.
I dislike most children, and honestly I am not planning on getting into parenthood or something similar, but I always try to respect children, at least by maintaining a certain distance from them myself, so we won't feel uncomfortable both.
I like kids in moderation, in fact it's their parents I usually have a problem with. :)

Here you can voice and see other people's unpopular opinions and make (Constructive) comments. They can be basic opinons and theories and such, just avoid topics like politics and stuff that may be offensive to other people. And also, try not to create a fierce argument. Tame disagreements are allowed, just don't escalate it. Other than that, just vent and share your unpopular opinions, no matter how basic or absurd it might be. We're all friends here.

Last edited:
I'll start it off:

Although Fortnite has many flaws, it does not deserve the hate it gets. It may be bad, but there are worse games out there. It's accomplishments? It was very popular during it's earlier versions and inspired a new genre of games: Battle Royale. Any other game that tried to surpass it in terms of popularity came up short. Pubg, Realm Royale, Apex Legends, the list goes on. Is it good? Not really. It's not bad, but it's far from "good". If anything, it's okay at best. It has many things it can improve on and the community is... ehh... but no game is truly "Perfect". Despite it's many flaws, Fortnite does NOT deserve the hate it gets. Thank you for your time, any comments?

Here you can voice and see other people's unpopular opinions and make (Constrictive) comments. They can be basic opinons and theories and such, just avoid topics like politics and stuff that may be offensive to other people. And also, try not to create a fierce argument. Tame disagreements are allowed, just don't escalate it. Other than that, just vent and share your unpopular opinions, no matter how basic or absurd it might be. We're all friends here.
Are you... are you sure that you want "constrictive" comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back