Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Housing, food, water, medicine, and education are human rights, and so long as a state exists the purpose of that state should be the protection and provision of these rights.

Also rent is a form of extortion, landlords should get real jobs.

Housing, food, water, medicine, and education are human rights, and so long as a state exists the purpose of that state should be the protection and provision of these rights.

Considering the growing importance of the internet not just by itself, but in how increasingly dependent on it jobs, elements of education (for instance, schools me and my siblings attend now put several of their tests, study material and warnings in an online platform) and life in general are becoming, would you consider internet to also be a human right?

Asking out of genuine curisoity.

That's a really good question and to be honest I have not fully formed an opinion on it, but I would lean towards yes - at the very least in the sense that it forms vital infrastructure for the provision of, as in your example, education.

- It is stupid the gender division when it comes to sports. Athletes should be divided by their body mass and other physical characteristics, and whilst humans present sexual dimorphism, males and females might qualify to compete with their gender counterparts.
While this is certainly an interestign idea, might I raise that doing so would defeat the point? The idea of dividing sports by things like gender and age is to minimize inherent biological disadvantages and allow someone's effort in training to shine through. Now, there is the issue of drugs of course, but that's a different matter.

Dividing people by body mass would separate the people who worked exceptionally hard into one field and those that didn't in the other. While this may seem like a good idea, it would actually spit in the face of people who have those disadvantages but still put in the effort, as they are now competing against opponents who didn't have to work as hard as they had the natural-born advantages. Their efforts go unrecognized because they are put in a very uneven field.

I knew we shared a wavelength, but hoooo boy. Feelin' you on this.

Add in internet, because we now alllll need it for work/school, and it is a necessity for life-things.

Character are the least interesting things about stories and it sucks that that is all people care about when it comes to them. Between great series like Steven Universe and Adventure Time and most alike, characters driven narratives are the vogue now more than ever and it really makes the shallowness of stories.

Character are the least interesting things about stories and it sucks that that is all people care about when it comes to them... and it really makes the shallowness of stories.

May I ask you to elaborate? I don't watch TV so I'm not sure what you mean by these examples. Could you provide more data?

May I ask you to elaborate? I don't watch TV so I'm not sure what you mean by these examples. Could you provide more data?

Love to. Both of these series that I mention are cartoons that are cornerstones of new wave American cartoons and are adored for their amazing world building. But their world building is only brought about by the exploration of their otherworldly or literally alien characters. The demand between the characters is minimal at best and does nothing to drive a to forward. It isn't until later into the series that both stories assemble enough mystery Round this world they've created that namely mystery become the driving of plot device for the story and the characters, who are the strongest developed parts of these stories, must investigate. The world is still being developed one conversation at a time and the musty surrounding a mcguffin is flimsy at best. So all you have is character drama with liter motivation because of a lack of context. Their environment is not fully formed so theirs no co text to cling on to and no problems to solve so no motivations. Just a bunch of "sins of the father" social plots that can be solved in 1 or 2 conversations. And that's just these two.

Character driven narratives have become to hallmark of storytelling since the turn of the 20th century and never looked back. But now more than ever do characters really shine while their environment and motivations are more like backdrops to their spotlight. You see this a lot in shounen anime and Manga, YA novels and film adaptations. Only recently have we been seeing more challenging writing that flex the full 3 fold mucels of the story and not just the overworked biceps of the Characters.

Sounds like you need to read The Gentlemen Bastards novels, to me.
Looks good. I'm just saying when it comes even baseline media consumed. I know the easiest thing to relate to is chatacters, but what they do and why they do it is nature and nurture, not just character.

1. K-POP sucks solely because it promotes eating disorder culture.
2. Badass warrior female characters who deny their femininity and act all tough and 'not like other girls' suck. No, your character isn't unique. It's already been done way too many times.
3. Anime is annoying and shows a horrible representation of women. Every guy I know that's into anime is socially awkward in one way or another.

1. Characters like Sasuke, Madara Uchiha, Anakin Skywalker and Emperor Palpatine are trash. (Op as hell, overrated, kill series more then they help especially the longer it goes or they do. Proof? Look at Palpatine in the last movie and how Snoke’s character hype/potential was killed instantly by his return/involvement) Hashiram Senju entered this realm overtime as well.
2. Tobirama Senju is somehow still underrated, receives far too much hate and blame for the uchiha mess. (Madara not nearly enough)
3. Belicheck and Brady should not be considered the GOATS. They are overrated.
4. Dak Prescott > Carson Wentz (No I’m not a cowboys fan)
5. Brief return to Manga/Anime realm Boruto is helping kill what’s left of the series and verse. Along with all the actually good, interesting characters that are in it.
6. Brie Larsen and other cast members of hero movies receive way too much hate. The writers however, not enough is focused on them if you need to blame someone or something for the marvel and DC movies and their characters.
7. Apparently Iron Man/Tony Stark over Capt America? Haha.
8. Aquaman went way too many years of being trashed and hated. He’s underrated as hell. Wolverine is however Op and overrated.
9. There hasn’t been a good cartoon series since the Mid 2000’s and Pre-2000’s ended. (Is it just my imagination or has bathroom humor gone way up in cartoons since then?)
10. Phantom Menace was the best SW movie out of the trilogy it’s paired with.

Another one:

Representation does not mean make the "minority" thing about the individual the sole part of their character. As a black person, I feel offended when I see someone make a black character and everything is centered around them being black. Like, sure if this story is supposed to be about racism or something that's fine, but otherwise it is just distracting.

Or, what I see often in roleplay, depicting LGBT people. Yes, that identity is a big part of yourself, that I will not deny. But in my low fantasy set in the middle ages based off the War of the Roses, your character should be able to talk and monologue about more things than that they like men. If that's the only thing to their character then they aren't a good character.

white privilege is not real
pineapple pizza is delicious
realistic characters in rp are way better than ones with tragic backstories and over the top super powers because it's easier to relate
girls denying femininity and boys denying masculinity is not doing any good for society, it is good to maintain a balance that fits you
crying is good for you(not very controversial)
preaching acceptance and then shunning/shaming/assaulting people with hateful views is the opposite of acceptance you should instead approach them with non-hateful attitudes and debate or ignore them, they can have their view of the world even if they are bad (ie it is not ok to punch a nazi, even if their views on the world are horrid)
adding onto it violence is never the answer, unless in a self-defense scenario
being proud to be gay/african american/asian/latino etc is great but then disapproving of the idea of being proud to be white/irish/english/american is hypocritical, either its all ok or none of it is
lastly let people have their own views even if you disagree, everybody in the end is a human and we should all treat each other like we're humans :')

thanks for reading :') dont yell at me for my opinions

okay. i'm sorry but if your world view is killing hundreds of thousands of people for not ascribing to whatever definition you have of the perfect human being, i feel like i've every right to shun you from society and take hard action against that world view.

not yelling. just stating another opinion.

bad wolf bad wolf
or you could talk to them and tell them why killing tens of thousands of people is not a good world view to have

and if they dont change (because lets be honest they probably wont) then you can ignore them, also i dont think you alone can shun someone from an entire society?

point is assaulting them ain't the way to go, if they aren't doing anything to you you can't do anything to them thats all i think

im glad you shared your opinion with me though :')

Delinquent Delinquent
we're talking in the context of civil society, not war

but even in that context what hitler, hirohito, mussolini did was enact violence through imperial conquest of lands.. their ideas were bad and they acted in violence, but the key is they acted out violence

once violence is a variable then self-defense is a necessary measure, which is why the second world war started.. to preserve europe from total nazi conquest

in the context of a civil society, violence is not the answer! dont punch people who have differing views, even if their views are horrible.

thanks for sharing your opinion with me!! :')

source source
i'm genuinely just kind of confused by this logic. i don't feel like standing by and ignoring a group while they slaughter thousands is the better choice in any matter. you could try peaceful negotiations but, at some point, actions do speak louder than words. if they refuse to stop what they're doing, i feel like people have every right to intervene and stop what's happening.

bad wolf bad wolf

i'm running on the assumption that this hypothetical group that wants to slaughter thousands is not actually slaughtering thousands, but just preaching rhetoric of slaughtering thousands. if they actually ARE slaughtering thousands of people of course they need to be stopped

what im saying is as long as nobody is hurting anyone, we should let them have their views. we can debate their views and we can ignore their views, but as long as they aren't physically doing anything to hurt anyone, then they should be allowed to have those views without getting hurt

it'd be dumb to think that we should just stand by and tell people to stop killing people while they're in the act of killing people

source source
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but when it starts to threaten human lives, I think you've crossed some sort of threshold. Standing by and ignoring those opinions until they're acted on is like hearing a bomb threat and doing absolutely nothing about it.

1- There's not enough resources for guys who struggle with their mental health
2- The gaming community is wayyyy too toxic towards women, whether we talk about game dev, the games themselves or simply the gamers. Even if it's slowly getting better, it's still at an unacceptable level of toxicity and harassment
3- Women making money with their bodies is acceptable (twitch, instagram etc...)
4- Men making money with their bodies is acceptable
5- Cringe culture is detrimental to all communities (like sure a 15 years old writing a mary-sue isn't the peak of literature, but we've all passed by that point...so maybe let's not witch hunt people for liking things...same for oc x canon RP, same for furries, same for a loooot of things that I do not partake in, but are healthy ways of coping with stress or simply to enjoy yourself, especially if it's done in private)

bad wolf bad wolf
that's quite a sound opinion, and i agree!

i suppose i made it unclear, because i do believe rhetoric does have some limitations
obviously threatening someone in a serious manner, i.e. "im going to kill this person" are things that are morally reprehensible
hatred and threats are different things. both are egregious and terrible but its only when threats come about that society should do something about whoever is spouting the rhetoric

:')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back