Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm gonna just repeat this one from elsewhere on the internet...

Articulation =/= intelligence. I am not a dumb person. It took me a long time to understand that because I am not an articulated person. Even though I know the facts, I have a hard time getting them across.
This doesn't make me wrong.
It means I have trouble getting a point across. You can be in the right and losing because you don't have the right words.

tuxedo-fish tuxedo-fish Oddly enough, if I don't immediately chew black licorice the taste is less off-putting.

Though I do find complex flavors such as sassafras more enjoyable the older it get, I wonder if there is a biological element at play or just natural phasing.

Arkaeis Arkaeis

I know people tend to lose their ability to taste bitter as they age (which is why kids hate spinach and broccoli, but adults think it is delicious). Maybe there is something similar?

I love sassafras, but sassafras candy either tastes like Actual Heaven or soap and there is no inbetween. :<

Arkaeis Arkaeis

I know people tend to lose their ability to taste bitter as they age (which is why kids hate spinach and broccoli, but adults think it is delicious). Maybe there is something similar?

I love sassafras, but sassafras candy either tastes like Actual Heaven or soap and there is no inbetween. :<

I've heard that before but haven't looked into the sources to give an educated opinion on the biology, same goes for high frequencies I suppose.

I am a fan of sarsaparilla and root beers, and I especially like real ginger ales.. but it in candy tends to make me queasy.

soup is just meat tea, change my mind.

Hmm, as soup (by my understanding) largely consists of blending ingredients in their own juices and has a very different texture to tea, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. But broth? A much stronger argument :)

Hmm, as soup (by my understanding) largely consists of blending ingredients in their own juices and has a very different texture to tea, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. But broth? A much stronger argument :)
Actually I agree.

Mind changed.

Soup is just fancy meat juice, broth is meat tea.

Change my mind.

Actually I agree.

Mind changed.

Soup is just fancy meat juice, broth is meat tea.

Change my mind.
I would agree, by this logic, bubble tea is a type of soup.

The flavoured liquid is tea, once you add solids it becomes soup.

I would agree, by this logic, bubble tea is a type of soup.

The flavoured liquid is tea, once you add solids it becomes soup.

I would say that the aforementioned solids would need to be blended, but then again, minestrone soup is a thing-that-should-not-be-but-still-is so...

I think that soup also dwells within a certain spectrum on the palette, often times more savory and well rounded than other non fancy meat juices.

I'm pretty sure this thread has given me more stress then I care to admit, but I think it's time we've shut down this train-wreck. We want to foster more than just roleplaying on RpNation and we have one of the best communities in the world, but it is such a massive disappointment to see that we can't have civilized discourse without it breaking into mob mentality, personal attacks, and worse, both against other users and against the staff that have tried to privately resolve any issues. RpNation is and always will be a safe place for people regardless of sexual orientation, skin color, or race. Some things have been rule-breaking, some things have not, but that has not stopped people from being unable to handle a differing opinion. Safe space includes everyone, including those that may have a different opinion from you as long as they are not breaking the site rules or being disrespectful. This type of thread, whenever it shows up, usually constantly requires an immense amount of staff intervention and observation, and that is never a good sign. However, being more work for us does not mean it doesn't deserve to be on the site. As for this thread, I think it's time for it to be locked and reset into a new one to separate from all the issues that have cropped up. The link for that can be found here: Other - Unpopular Opinions

For everyone that has been civilized, peaceful, and just posting silly opinions, I hope to see you in the new one. For everyone who has sent us reports, or is talking to us, do not worry, we are still evaluating everything. We just don't discuss actions taken publically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back