Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Doom without gore would be boring as hell as being gory is one of it's good aspects. Some games do have an option for no gore, I'm pretty sure COD has it.
Hey, guess why I don't play Doom, then? You fail to understand that I just don't like it. Call me a pussy or childish if you like, I still would rather have the option not to. Again, just because the option's there doesn't mean you have to use it.

Hey, guess why I don't play Doom, then? You fail to understand that I just don't like it. Call me a pussy or childish if you like, I still would rather have the option not to. Again, just because the option's there doesn't mean you have to use it.
I agree. Games are different for those who play them. If someone would like the option to turn off the blood and gore, then I think it should be there. It doesn't hurt anyone any. People just have preferences.

I agree. Games are different for those who play them. If someone would like the option to turn off the blood and gore, then I think it should be there. It doesn't hurt anyone any. People just have preferences.
I second that. Some people just enjoy the gameplay and storyline, the blood and gore might be overkill for them, which is completely understandable.

Opinion: Politics or opinions on gender shouldn't be allowed to enter any kind of a roleplay. If you want to force your ideology down someone's throat, it won't make sense and people will just leave.

Opinion: Politics or opinions on gender shouldn't be allowed to enter any kind of a roleplay. If you want to force your ideology down someone's throat, it won't make sense and people will just leave.
okay but it depends what the roleplay's about. saying things like that shouldn't enter any roleplay doesn't make sense, because what if the roleplay has plots revolving around the government, or a character that has an unconventional gender? as long as you aren't shoving your notions down someones throat like you said, sometimes it can be acceptable in a roleplay, just depending on context.

okay but it depends what the roleplay's about. saying things like that shouldn't enter any roleplay doesn't make sense, because what if the roleplay has plots revolving around the government, or a character that has an unconventional gender? as long as you aren't shoving your notions down someones throat like you said, sometimes it can be acceptable in a roleplay, just depending on context.
Fair enough I suppose, in politically-related roleplays it can be accepted.

I don't mind the dramatization and over-the-top sound effects in the US version of Kitchen Nightmares. Actually I find the UK version rather dull, but that's probably just cause I watched the US one first.

No, it's the blatant "Pseudo-spoilers" they insist on repeating constantly that bug me way more. Like, I'm already watching. You don't need to be so desperate to keep me there that you feel you have to keep implying something really really bad happened when it didn't.

I don't mind the dramatization and over-the-top sound effects in the US version of Kitchen Nightmares. Actually I find the UK version rather dull, but that's probably just cause I watched the US one first.

No, it's the blatant "Pseudo-spoilers" they insist on repeating constantly that bug me way more. Like, I'm already watching. You don't need to be so desperate to keep me there that you feel you have to keep implying something really really bad happened when it didn't.
Coming up on THIS EPISODE of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

Coming up on THIS EPISODE of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES
We're going to heavily imply that the owner was arrested! But really Gordon just wanted him to not touch anything.
We're suggesting that maybe the restaurant burned down during the relaunch! But really Gordon just burned the old decor to make a point.
Gordon's walking out on the restaurant! But we already told you that at least three times before you got here.

Clickbait has always and always will exist.
I mean, I know, and I accept that clickbait is a thing and there's nothing we can realistically do to change it, because it works. But this isn't clickbait or anything like that - At least with clickbait the target is people who haven't decided to watch your stuff yet. This is just telling me what's already going to happen in the show I'm already watching so I feel like I'm wasting my time actually watching the episode.

Just because someone did someone bad, doesn't mean you have the right to do it too. For example, I've seen the same "Liberals always lie, so I can lie" or "conservatives love war so I can be violent towards them!" argument a lot nowadays (especially in my country). While I'm not saying some people from both sides have done bad things, their actions don't justify yours. Just because someone is bad doesn't mean you can be just as bad. If you truly thought what they are doing is bad, then you would try to rise above it and wouldn't do the same thing yourself.

Not doing so just shows that you don't care much about the action as much as you care about bashing others with a different political ideology or party.

Just because someone did someone bad, doesn't mean you have the right to do it too. For example, I've seen the same "Liberals always lie, so I can lie" or "conservatives love war so I can be violent towards them!" argument a lot nowadays (especially in my country). While I'm not saying some people from both sides have done bad things, their actions don't justify yours. Just because someone is bad doesn't mean you can be just as bad. If you truly thought what they are doing is bad, then you would try to rise above it and wouldn't do the same thing yourself.

Not doing so just shows that you don't care much about the action as much as you care about bashing others with a different political ideology or party.

I'd like to expand on that. Just because a previous generation owned slaves (and slave ownership is not confined to one culture or race) it doesn't mean you get to discriminate and vilify their ancestors. It is like saying "You're great grandfather killed my great grandfather so now I get to kill you!" It is just so stupid and of course it only ever gets applied to one group anyway. It seems to me that society cannot survive unless someone or some group is at the bottom being blamed for everything.

What is it with parents using stupid spellings for names? Why are you sentencing your kid to a life of having to spell their (usually) simple name? Michael is not spelled Mykal! Tiffany is not Tiphanee! Give it a rest and learn to spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back