Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No probs! Since I am on a bit of a roll here I will add one more. "Diversity is our strength" errrr no! Diversity is never a strength. You just cannot have so many different and more importantly CONFLICTING opinions and cultures together in one place. It doesn't work. We have seen it NOT WORK. My city has what we call "Diversity Bollards" around the place to try and stop people from mounting footpaths etc in their cars and mowing them down. Quite funny because if something happened, like a bomb blast for example, people would get crushed trying to run for safety on the bollards!

Being diverse for the sake of being diverse is never a good idea. Not even just for staff, for anything.
You're both beacons of light in this world.

Fox News isn’t news. It’s Right propaganda and garbage. It uses an alternative reality. Zero facts based off of feelings that can’t be proven with any amount of research.

People just need to accept the fact that some things are not to be said.

A joke is not absolved from consequence simply "because it's a joke." Some countries do indeed have laws about this and they are to be followed.

People just need to accept the fact that some things are not to be said.

A joke is not absolved from consequence simply "because it's a joke." Some countries do indeed have laws about this and they are to be followed.
I can understand that a joke is not absolved of consequence 'because it's joke.' But no one should have their lives almost ruined and almost go to jail because of a joke. Any country that has laws about jokes (or any laws that violate freedom of speech) are terrible and oppressive.

If you smoke weed almost every day, you have an addiction.
Isn’t weed a non-addictive drug?

Edit: apparently it is, but people are too much of pussies to call it an addiction 🤷‍♀️
It is not addictive. It is a choice to consume weed regularly. Saying you are addicted or that another person is addicted to weed, provides the weed consumer an excuse to keep consuming.

Anything can be addictive, and has the potential to harm someone if they have too much. You wouldn't say candy or soda is "an addictive substance," but it can ruin someone's life, regardless. Whether it's an addictive substance or not does not change the fact that it's still dangerous.

I can understand that a joke is not absolved of consequence 'because it's joke.' But no one should have their lives almost ruined and almost go to jail because of a joke. Any country that has laws about jokes (or any laws that violate freedom of speech) are terrible and oppressive.

Absolute freedom of speech is a bit idealistic and naive. I mean, I suppose I should be able to say, "oh yeah lol, I'm going to shoot up the jewish ghetto down the street, cuz' them schlomos are getting on my nerves recently," and that should be fine because I included the "lol?" Such spreading of fear and hatred is really not good for the state, and there's no actual reason as to why it should be 100% without punishment.

Anything can be addictive, and has the potential to harm someone if they have too much. You wouldn't say candy or soda is "an addictive substance," but it can ruin someone's life, regardless. Whether it's an addictive substance or not does not change the fact that it's still dangerous.
Nice Profile Pic.

Jokes or humour is also a coping mechanism and are an important factor in certain cultures, particularly rougher once colonial/frontier type countries like Australia, Canada, USA etc. Being able to have a laugh or poke fun at someone is or at least was a way of making friends or being friends. There wasn't much room for sensitive little snowflakes back then. Now on the other hand it is about going out of your way to find offence in something that someone has said to you. Even if it wasn't offensive at all.

I'm just gonna say this and dip.

If you were raised Republican, you're most likely racist. I'm not saying that Democrats can't be racist, but it's been proven that Republicans are much more racist than Democrats.

I'm just gonna say this and dip.

If you were raised Republican, you're most likely racist. I'm not saying that Democrats can't be racist, but it's been proven that Republicans are much more racist than Democrats.

Not so much an unpopular opinion here but an unpopular fact. The KKK owned the Democrats for a couple of decades. Just sayin'.

The people who like to accuse everyone else of being racist tend to be the most racist of all. Same goes with sexism. I'll go even further, the most sexist people aren't men the most racist people aren't white, unless of course they are white Lefties.

The people who like to accuse everyone else of being racist tend to be the most racist of all. Same goes with sexism. I'll go even further, the most sexist people aren't men the most racist people aren't white, unless of course they are white Lefties.
Yeah. A lot of soft bigotry of low expectations gong on in the left.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back