Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar has no place on grits.

I doubt that's an unpopular opinion as I doubt that sugar on grits is the accepted norm...? At least I hope it's not! Besides milk and cheese, the only thing I add to grits is whiskey (at least for shrimp and grits).

I doubt that's an unpopular opinion as I doubt that sugar on grits is the accepted norm...? At least I hope it's not! Besides milk and cheese, the only thing I add to grits is whiskey (at least for shrimp and grits).
You'd be surprised how many times I've gotten sugar on my grits whenever I don't specify how I like them beforehand. I'd say it's about 50/50 at least.

In “The Call” Antoinette is the best character and I would’ve liked to see how things would’ve turned out had she accepted the sidhes offer

Undertale's graphics aren't that bad. Neither are Minecraft's. It's a purposeful stylistic choice that I, personally, find quite charming.

Watermelon and strawberries are the most disgusting and useless fruits ever created by nature.
I agree with the watermelon part. It's got the perfect name for such a flavorless fruit and the texture is awful.

Nationalism is going to be the end of this country. Germany is laughing at us because they know that a dumb uneducated idiot shouldn't be running the show. People are opportunists for an uneducated leader. Mein Kampf is a C rated novel at best. Extreme rightism is for scared sheep that refuse to think for themselves. Historically speaking, it's easy to make a political campaign based off a " Us vs Them" in which the one in power knows he's screwing both parties involved. Example: Plantation owners in the civil war put fear into the hearts of white non land owners that freed slaves would take their jobs if they did not fight for the south. If this sounds similar to the republicans and Mexicans then you are on the path of making historical connections. It worked for plantation owners, it worked for Hitler, the list is endless. Political manipulation is best done when the masses are uneducated and why do you think the South votes republican? Because Republicans have dismantled their education system to create more compliant voter base. After all, education undermines authoritarianism . Why did Hitler have book burnings? Because the less people know the " better".

Briony from Atonement gets way too much hate. She was a freaking child who made a mistake and the couple she broke up was boring anyway.
But seriously, why is it that I see more hate toward her than the grown man who raped a child?

Much of online 'activists' are counterproductive to the cause they claim to represent.
This brings atheism to mind, for me. I read a quote somewhere that atheism on the internet has ruined atheism in real life as a respectable way of life, because everyone expects them to be rude and condescending to people who believe in deities. Just a thought that came to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back