Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Toxic masculinity" exists, but not in the way feminists like to say. Toxic masculinity exists in the same way that toxic femininity exists. There are toxic behaviors that are just more prevalent in men, as well as toxic behaviors that are more prevalent in women.

I like to think of toxic masculinity as using the concept of masculinity to excuse toxic behavior. Shit like "boys will be boys" or attempts to normalize shitty treatment of women as "normal" behavior for men, when in fact these behaviors have nothing to do with being male and everything to do with being a shitty person.

I like to think of toxic masculinity as using the concept of masculinity to excuse toxic behavior. Shit like "boys will be boys" or attempts to normalize shitty treatment of women as "normal" behavior for men, when in fact these behaviors have nothing to do with being male and everything to do with being a shitty person.
"Boys will be boys" refers to boys doing stupid shit that will only cause physical injury to themselves at most.

This may not be unpopular. I don’t care.

If I ask you for a source on anything, that doesn’t necessarily mean I disagree with you. I just want a source.

You can’t be Ace AND cis-het

Cishet means cis and hetero(both)

So if you’re asexual or aromantic then you cannot be cishet

I don’t understand people who say “cishet aces”

Personal work related unpopular opinions LOL

Housekeepers especially in hospitals or nursing facilities should definitely be paid on the same level as a nurse. They are greatly underappreciated. We're not just a janitors! We also do our best to keep the place germ free for all patients, residents and even medical staff.

Also employers should listen to their employees more. You may be confident in their abilities and while that's great, not everyone learns the same way. And it can actually be mentally stressful for those who feel like they aren't up to par.

The fandom of something cannot ruin said thing. Everyone goes on about how the Undertale or FNaF fandom (among others) "ruined" it for them. Like... No. The fandom will never affect the canon. Just because you saw some smut or something on accident doesn't mean anything's actually changed about the game/tv show/whatever itself. You can't judge the canon based on how "toxic" the fandom is. Accept the fact that this is just a side effect of being on the internet and enjoy the original thing for what it is.

The fandom of something cannot ruin said thing. Everyone goes on about how the Undertale or FNaF fandom (among others) "ruined" it for them. Like... No. The fandom will never affect the canon. Just because you saw some smut or something on accident doesn't mean anything's actually changed about the game/tv show/whatever itself. You can't judge the canon based on how "toxic" the fandom is. Accept the fact that this is just a side effect of being on the internet and enjoy the original thing for what it is.
I think it's less about "Seeing some smut or something on accident" and more seeing the sheer amount of people who are absolute rabid fanboys of the fandom, so much so that no matter where you go you can't avoid them, that sours their opinion of said fandom before they've even had a chance to experience it for themselves. That's what they mean by the fandom ruining something.

don’t crucify me
Some CEOs deserve high wages.

Edit:
Notice I said “some.” In no way am I attempting to argue that Bob Iger’s salary of ~30m is reasonable.

Last edited:
don’t crucify me
Some CEOs deserve high wages.

Edit:
Notice I said “some.” In no way am I attempting to argue that Bob Iger’s salary of ~30m is reasonable.

There's a difference between a CEO making a high wage from their company and a CEO making in 1 month what their employees would have to work literally 300 years to earn,

Hollywood has lost any sort of rights to be our directors on morality. Considering that it's pretty much been an open secret since pretty much the start of Hollywood that it's run by rapists and pedophiles.

I think fandoms DO affect what's canon... Don't get me wrong, I don't mind whatever shipping or strange ideas fans get, that's the whole idea over a fandom and imagination, but it's really irksome when they start spamming it all over the internet and you can't find anything that is legitimately canon without finding something that ISN'T but is yet marked as canon.

Their imagination is just too big... and I think they sometimes struggle to differentiate what's in their imagination and what really is happening on screen (or wherever the story is being portrayed).

+Dogs should be allowed in more places. Children should allowed in less places.
+Fight Club is a shit movie.
+Pineapple does not belong on pizza.
The first point reminds me:
Children should not be allowed in dog parks. Some dogs do not get along well with children, and it can be dangerous for a kid to assume that every dog is like their dog.

Unpopular Opinion: Cats are not jerks. They just aren't dogs. Cats require more personal space, and badgering a cat with affection when they didn't ask for it makes them feel threatened. Pet a cat when they come to you, and recognize the signs that they want to be left alone. Half the time, people who say cats are jerks are actually jerks to cats themselves.

Unpopular opinions
  1. I really didn't enjoy Ocarina Of Time that much. I don't understand how people say it's a perfect game, it's a good game sure but it has faults and better ones have been released since.
  2. I don't like super hero movies. They're all the same. Bad guy does a thing, good guy does thing, love interest is hurt so good guy surrenders and then they win at the end.
  3. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, the books I enjoyed, I enjoyed the films but with how far it's spread now I've grown a hatred to it.

JKR needs to stop putting out HP content, once Fantastic Beasts wraps up. Forget my past cries for a Marauders-era story. JKR needs to stop, period, actually. She ruined the integrity of the series the moment she let someone else write the script for the Cursed Child and I, as a fan, no longer trust her to be true to the world she set up.
In other words: not everything Rowling-approved is canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back