Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay to like things that are problematic. And I don't need to be told that what I like is problematic. I'm an adult who is capable of critical thinking. I know when fictional characters do bad things.

A game is not worse because it is casual. Even if it's a casualized version of a previous game.

In fact, a game is not bad in general just because you didn't like it. It just means you didn't like it.

CW Flash is awful. CW Supernatural is overrated. Damian Darhk in Arrow was a good villain.

Cake is overrated, apple pie isn’t that good, eggs in every form except for omelette are bad.

Not really an unpopular opinion, more of a callout: Most KPop fans don’t know anything about Korea, they just hopped on the American bandwagon that fetishes and stereotypes Koreans and their culture. Don’t @ me.

Really unpopular opinion:

People who use anime faceclaims are usually interested in shallow genres and ideas, and in my experience they tend to rush the ideas in execution.

Another very unpopular opinion, for the men at least:

When women say things like “All men sexualize women.” Or “All men harass women.” Don’t deny it and say that you don’t, because you do. This is coming from a teenage guy, I do it, and so do you. Own up to it, and the only way to not sexualize and harass women is to actively make an effort to prevent yourself from doing so. Don’t @ me.

AR-15’s are more reliable than the entire AK platform

This also why I own an AR over an AK

Ive struggled immensely in my life but that doesn’t mean I don’t have white privilege. White privilege is different from simply going through struggles or not. I’m not scared that a cop is gonna think I have a gun and shoot me when I’m walking down the street with my hand in my sweatpants pocket. I’m not scared my dad’s gonna get killed if he gets pulled over. I’m not scared that I’m gonna be profiled when Im walking down the street and shot for “being too threatening/intimidating” or “posing a threat”. I’ve seen acts of racism first hand as well as microagressions and stereotyping against my sister (the one who holds all the melanin out of me and my siblings /we’re Puerto Rican and I’m just hella pale/). And just because I have white privilege doesn’t mean I’m inherently bad. I (as many others do) just need to try to use the extra room to simply exist that we have to help those who don’t have it. Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

I don’t know how unpopular ^^^ is but people have called me a “tantrum throwing libtard” for saying this before so ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Lesbians shouldn't get away with saying gross shit to women and catcalling the same way men do. Gay men shouldn't get away with saying gross shit to other men or being sexist with their excuse being that "it's ok because I'm gay". It's not okay. Honestly, I've said some stupid shit before and haven't gotten the hate a man would've gotten if he had said the same things, simply because I'm a lesbian. It's not cool for anyone to say.

Fallout 4 was shit compared to New Vegas in everything except for graphics, voice acting, and Armour choices (even then it’s iffy bc in New Vegas you can disguise yourself when you can’t in 4)

Vaping is no better than smoking, and neither one should be praised. I've seen vaping be praised far too much on our modern day world. In fact, the people who use either of these things should look down on it because it's an addictive substance which cam harm your body and manipulate the way you think. It's a weakness. It's something that you grow completely dependant on very easily. The same goes with alcohol, just to a lesser extent.

I can still be friends with you, but I don't have to support what you put in your body.

Vaping is no better than smoking, and neither one should be praised. I've seen vaping be praised far too much on our modern day world. In fact, the people who use either of these things should look down on it because it's an addictive substance which cam harm your body and manipulate the way you think. It's a weakness. It's something that you grow completely dependant on very easily. The same goes with alcohol, just to a lesser extent.

I can still be friends with you, but I don't have to support what you put in your body.
Piggybacking off of this, an unpopular opinion of mine I hold is that alcohol is a gateway drug for many. I’ve seen it firsthand with pretty much every single friend of mine. They start drinking young and getting drunk often (perhaps every weekend). But after awhile, the drunk feeling isn’t enough, and that’s when I’ve observed my friends move to illegal substances to satisfy that itch that drinking alcohol and getting drunk couldn’t for them anymore.

I’m not saying for all people it is. But based on my own observations with my own friends, I’ve come to the conclusion that for many, it does just that.

If you can’t sing without autotune, you shouldn’t be a singer.

Privilege does exist and it is not based on circumstances. A poor straight person will be better off that a poor gay person. I would know, I am quite literally a poor gay person.

Battle Royale is just the worst and I don't want blizzard's take on a battle royale game. It's not fun.

Fallout 4 was actually a good game and 99% of the reason people love so much of new vegas is nostalgia. While the perk system and roleplaying is great, and the writing is witty, the actually gameplay is fucking bollucks. The shooting is bad, using speech is boring (speech is so op too), and the game itself has not aged well. Fallout 1 and 2 continue to be vastly better games because they've been allowed to be ageless. Fallout 4 is fun, I was able to roleplay just fine in the game.

Hammond is actually very cute and fun to play and you guys are just talking overwatch waaaay too seriously.

Privilege does exist and it is not based on circumstances. A poor straight person will be better off that a poor gay person. I would know, I am quite literally a poor gay person.
I would consider being gay and not being gay circumstances

Wanna discuss my opinions with me? Don’t @ me, PM me. Let’s not crowd up this thread, yeah?

We should attempt to rehabilitate sex offenders to the best of our ability

Human death is awful. It’s always a terrible thing when humanity is robbed of potential. However, I don’t regret the fact that xxxtentacion died

Despite what you think of Columbus, his positive influence on the world is undeniable

All citizens should undergo a test that shows a sufficient understanding of how the government works before they can register to vote or take part in politics. Im fairly certain it’ll prevent future mishaps

I came up with these as I browsed through the thread, and I’m too lazy to come up with more

Colonialism wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and many of the terrible political situations in the middle east and africa are a result of rushed decolonization rather than the fault of colonialism itself. This is a very unpopular opinion, so I'm going to defend it with some context first:

First and foremost, I agree wholeheartedly that terrible things were done under the moniker of colonialism - smallpox blankets being everyone's favourite example. I am not disputing the fact that some horrible and atrocious things were done as a result of colonialism. However, horrible atrocities were being committed everywhere with or without colonialism anyway: Widow-burning being a good example of an evil stopped by colonial powers in India, and the caste system another one that the British attempted to dismantle.

Second, I've been living for the past ten years in Singapore, where the colonial British heritage is celebrated. There are monuments to Stanford Raffles everywhere you look here, and there's a natural science museum with a large exhibit devoted specifically to Alfred Russell Wallace, if I'm remembering correctly. The schools are proud to be descended from the British education system, the national examinations are still run by Cambridge and the economy is incredibly strong.

I'm too lazy to think of the rest of my points and find evidence for them, but basically the bad borders were drawn in a rush and were the fault of decolonization and not colonialism and then some more examples of benefits brought about by colonialism, like the Suez Canal, would have been the rest of this essay.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, and Pedophiles should be furbished with the required therapy and medical sessions so too help stop a growing tide of child sex cases.

However, any and all cases of child rape and or sex, consented or not, should include a punishment of, at the least, thirty years with probation. Digital, overseas, or in person.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, and Pedophiles should be furbished with the required therapy and medical sessions so too help stop a growing tide of child sex cases.

However, any and all cases of child rape and or sex, consented or not, should include a punishment of, at the least, thirty years with probation. Digital, overseas, or in person.
If pedophiles acknowledge their urges as inherently wrong and seek help in suppressing them, I agree that they should get the required help (though therapists have never made anything better in my experience so they might want different help). If they act on their urges then they should receive life imprisonment without any chance of probation, or multiple life sentences. And also they should be branded and caned and other things of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back