Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leveled-up chi- Why does that make me laugh so hard? XD
Because it’s the cold hard truth

-----

Otherkin/Fictionkin are fucking stupid and an insult and mockery to trans/genderqueer people who struggle and fight to be seen as valid by the rest of the community and the rest of the world.

-----

Also Salad is pretty great and burgers are gross 90 percent of the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Unpopular in some circles, but SJWs need to stop defending and making excuses for Islam all the fucking time. I don't hate Muslims, but it's ignorant to deny the many problems that exist within Islam. On tumblr, for instance... when there are conversations about gay purges in Chechnya, idiots are so quick to cry about any "Islamophobia" that takes place in these convos, but then are silent about the gay men being killed in the name of Islam...
Probably because Trump is literally trying to ban Muslims from the country and Muslim people are facing hate and attacks for their religion. And that there's a difference between defending the principles of a religion and defending the people who follow that religion from discrimination and the ongoing and increasing hate crimes they are facing in this country.

It is developed throughout life rather than being genetic, however, in the end it IS still a few atypical chemicals here and there. the reason science can't remove your attraction to girls is because the controversy around LGBT means that they're not actually allowed to research the subject further, if anyone would be willing to fund it anyways. I do feel i should mention that many years ago they did actually develop working 'gay bombs' for use in chemical warfare... before chemical warfare got generally banned, anyways. i don't remember them actually being practical to mass produce or anything, but they DID exist and they DID function quite well.
This topic is very ignorant and hostile and I repecfully ask that you carry on a conversation like this in private and not in a public thread.

Yea but from someone who plays DND and writes
1: If your post blatantly ignores the plot, developing your own character and interacting with other characters, it's not a good post. I don't care if it's 30 paragraphs long with perfect grammar and punctuation if it does nothing but explain your character's internal monologue about their dumb tragic backstory.

2: Copyright is stupid. More things need to be public domain, and out of the hands of greedy rich people.

3: Edgy characters aren't necessarily bad, but most of them are poorly written and just end up being whiny douche-canoes. Bad writing does not necessarily equal bad character concept.

4: Every kid should be taught at least 2 languages. It's so helpful, and it's harder to learn as an adult.

5: Allistic parents and weird charities need to back the hell off with the metaphors for autistic people. If I'm compared to a missing child or cancer patient one more time, I'm going to make all of them missing children.

6: Salad doesn't get enough credit. It's not just some gross diet food you eat when you're feeling pretentious. It can be goddamn delicious and there are so many kinds.

7: If you start a sentence with "No offense" or "not to be racist", then you should stop yourself right there. End of story.

8: Cream soda is better than root beer.

9: I'm a hipster abomination, but honestly i like pop music better than slam poetry.
Yes yes yes to all of those things. Especially salad, it mainly gets a bad rap because it's often not prepared well.

Unpopular Opinion:
There are no boundaries in comedy. Everything is free game.
Doesn't meant it will always be funny.

Yeah; to branch off that, it's my belief that whenever someone protests against getting rid of some sort of symbol of an evil, it's not because they want to honor the evil or want the evil to return, it's because they want us to remember that the evil happened, and it's because they believe that preserving that symbol, of sorts, of evil will warn people not to take the symbol lightly or even forget about it, lest the evil return and we not notice.
Which is why we should preserve the sections of the Berlin Wall, the Confederate statues, the scavenged Nazi regalia, the Communist flags, the "Colored Only" train cars, and some of the rubble from the Twin Towers. It's not to celebrate the Berliners being torn apart, the African-Americans horribly oppressed, the holocaust and insane war, the gulags and the fear and the silence and the death, the African-Americans still unfairly oppressed, and the innocent civilians who came crashing down with the Towers, the E wing, and Flight 93. It's to remind people that there is evil in the world, and hiding from it hasn't helped.

Ofc there's also racists who want to parade around with Nazi flags in complete seriousness. cue facepalm
And if there's an explicitly [term as applicable{racist, anti-Semite, sexist...}] memorial saying something like "Rest in Peace brave white men fighting against the liberation of [African Americans]," then, um, that's not warning future generations, and I see no problems with its removal.

tl;dr unless explicitly stupid, the things that were used by bad people should be preserved as a warning to good people that bad people exist and should be watched out for. So when you knock down a statue, you're knocking down a warning sign for future generations.
We can still remember the past without statues honoring those who did wrong In history. Especially since in the south many of those states were created to honor those who fought for the confederacy and these stayed are memorials to these people. In order for us to properly remember the past the education in our schools needs to improve instead of having memorials honoring those who held slaves.

Transgendered people are low key sexist.
I disagree. Many people who are transgendered transition because it makes them more comfortable and because society tends to only acknowledge someone who looks and seems stereotypically feminine as females. Also cis mea and cis women aren't called sexist for dressing in the clothes that they are drawn to and are comfortable in, so I don't see why trans people should be.

Some towns aren't worth saving. They should be leveled, people should be relocated with assistance. Let nature reclaim that land.

No one should have a lawn. I mean really. No one. Plant a bunch of trees and leave it at that. Grass does very little in the grand scheme of things.

Some towns aren't worth saving. They should be leveled, people should be relocated with assistance. Let nature reclaim that land.
The city that instantly comes to mind for me is Los Angeles. That was a city that was never meant to be. It was built in the middle of a desert, and there is a perpetual drought. That land was never meant to sustain the insane number of people that live there. Honestly the entirety of California was a mistake, with the sheer amount of natural disasters that happen there.

I don't think this is that unpopular. The only people who really do mind gluten are those who are allergic to it, which is beyond their control.

I didn't know about the popular side, but again, lot of people talk about it from where i live, the only thing i mind is the E-colorant formula.

Fake nails aren't attractive at all, they are... like human claws, doesn't matter whether they are light or dark in colour, it's the same thing.

I'm annoyed by all these shows about children, like: "young mom gives birth for the first time" or an alternate with "big families",
i just wish there will be shows about childfree people, every year, it's nothing but that kind of emission.

Last edited:
All people should have a collective home where they are happy and prosperous. If such were the case, there would be no need for migration. Everyone should realize and remember that migration, such as it is now, is artificial and imposed by malicious agencies that wish to force their world-view into reality. When someone says that "migration has always existed," they are correct, but they fail to comprehend the immense span of time such large-scale migration has required in the past. Technology has nothing to do with it. The migrants from the Middle East and Africa, today, walk or travel by scrawny boats, so there isn't much difference. Different people with different cultures and traditions cannot and never will be happy when they are forced to live together. It is utter insanity and wickedness to wish this upon anyone, and to call it 'racism' is the very height of sadistic evil.

I dislike Discord, before someone assume something, yes, i used it by curiosity, but still, i don't like it.

the design is sincerely ugly, and it feel empty by the navigation.. the settings are so poor, really poor,
take the setting of RPnation for exemple, it's way better, simple and complete.

Also, can't stand romance at all, doesn't matter where that appears, i find this genre everywhere..

Last edited:
I hate how the American school system treats just about every war we've participated in. Like, we always go and portray our enemies as the most vile of villains. For example, with the American Civil War, we always treat the Confederate's like they were the armies of Satan himself marching out of hell to keep black people enslaved, when a vast majority of the Confederacy's troops were simple farmers who had never even personally met someone who owned slaves. It's just so fucking stupid.

You'll never learn about how Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson is considered to be one of the most gifted tactical commanders in U.S. history, even to this day. You'll never learn about how Robert E. Lee was offered the position as the head of the Union's military by Abe Lincoln himself, and only refused because he didn't want to see his home state of Virginia utterly destroyed. You'll never hear about John S. Mosby, AKA "The Grey Ghost", who was feared by the men of the Union for his lightening fast raids and quick escapes, and who after the war became a Republican (back then, the guys who were HELPING the black population) and an attorney, and supported Ulysses Grant, and would later become the U.S. consul to Hong Kong, and even served in the Justice Department.

These men and more, though named in a few textbooks, are more remembered for their side in the war, and not what they actually did. I've met dozens of people who think that everyone who lived in the South before the Civil War had a slave, and this is while living in fucking Florida. And there are so many more examples. Practically the entirety of World War 1 is treated as "America & Friends vs. Proto-Nazis & Satan", by both the textbooks and the teachers.

This is a major problem with the American Education System, and one that is constantly getting worse.

Being in a relationship is not the most important thing, neither for teenagers, neither for older people,
being single isn't horrible.

i was tired of seeing "I'm single, I'm looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend" drama on almost every sites i visited, why not enjoy life alone?
health is way more important than that..

Every time i see my feeds being full of that, and the worse was, none of the sites were dedicated for dating, they were more blog plateforms.

Honestly, i live my life as a single person, not only because i like to be free, but also because, i got tired of dramatic couples that bring all their problems, when they can solve it by talking. So no, the "you need someone to be happy" is bull.

also, just an advice, get rid of dating apps, and start to enjoy what you really like.

-i hope the society will wake up and accept that being single isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
Being in a relationship is not the most important thing, neither for teenagers, neither for older people,
being single isn't horrible.

i was tired of seeing "I'm single, I'm looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend" drama on almost every sites i visited, why not enjoy life alone?
health is way more important than that..

This. I'm so tired of people asking me variations of "So, when will you get a girlfriend?" and "Are you sure you don't have a girlfriend you just don't wanna tell us about?". It's like seeing someone young and single personally offends them.

As for an unpopular opinion, I think "Good day / night / evening / whatever" are a social fossil that should go away. Like, 99% of the time I have no reason whatsoever to wish you anything bad, therefore it follows that I automatically wish you the best. Saying those pleasantries is just an added effort and I'm sorry if I don't remember to say a useless sentence to soothe your ego when I'm preoccupied with other things.

Seriously, I've seen people treat a lack of a "Good day" like I've said "I'm so tap dancing on your grave."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back