Warrior Cats Unpoplaur warrior cats thoughts

Silverthekitsune

Silver mapleflight
Tbh I don't have any, but I'd like to know other people's unpopular thoughts. If this counts as an unpopular thought: I despise Blossomfall x Ivypool. It just sucks.

Idk if this is unpopular, but I think the books should have ended early on instead of getting so many arcs. The plot sucks a lot of the time and now it just feels like their doing it because it's a popular series and they want the money. I know it's their job and all, but it doesn't feel like the series is that special anymore. It feels like the Erins are just writing to write and get the paycheck. With Rusty, we could relate. We were new to the world of Warrior cats just like him. But, after the first arc, it started to go down hill. Personally, I found the second arc so slow and incredibly boring. Maybe, like three arcs and have had the power of three be the end and the last book in that arc have concluded the series. Or they could have kept going with super editions or kept going, but took way more time between books to properly plan things out and make sure the plot is actually good.

I also think we should focus on another clan. This kind of ties into the other one. It's been Thunderclan, Thunderclan, and some more Thunderclan. What's so wrong showing off other clans? It would also help us readers in understanding how life would be like in the other four clans instead of Thunderclan. I feel like it would bring more life to the series having a main protag in another clan. We'd get a breath of fresh air that way. It's always been heros are in Thunderclan. What's wrong with showing that the other clans have heroic and prophecy-worthy cats?

I always found it stupid how you were destined to be a warrior in life. That was your only option unless you were and got be a medicine cat, but even that was stupid to me regarding you couldn’t have a mate or kits because it ‘’might distract your goal of healing”.

I felt like they should have ended early on. To me it seems the same thing over and over:
  • breed
  • Get in wars
  • Die
There seemed to be nothing original about the series. That’s probably why I never got into it. That seems to be their only accomplishment. Their other series never were as long or popular and I don’t get why you need 4 authors just to rehash the entire series every arc.

Even though I did play some clans..I tried all the clans and even blood clan which isn’t a clan and dark clan which was nothing but a child game, I preferred sky clan and the tribe. I found no point in daylight warriors or mediator ranks in sky clan either.
Thinking on it, it reminds me of Harry Potter. “All the good witches and wizards, all the hero’s are in gryffindor. All the bad witches and wizards are in Slytherin.” Sounds like that is the thing that the these authors are going for with only concentrating on Thunder clan. Doesn’t that get old for these readers? Then again I think this series is devoted to kids so they probably don’t notice or care.

I always found it stupid how you were destined to be a warrior in life. That was your only option unless you were and got be a medicine cat, but even that was stupid to me regarding you couldn’t have a mate or kits because it ‘’might distract your goal of healing”.

I felt like they should have ended early on. To me it seems the same thing over and over:
  • breed
  • Get in wars
  • Die
There seemed to be nothing original about the series. That’s probably why I never got into it. That seems to be their only accomplishment. Their other series never were as long or popular and I don’t get why you need 4 authors just to rehash the entire series every arc.

Even though I did play some clans..I tried all the clans and even blood clan which isn’t a clan and dark clan which was nothing but a child game, I preferred sky clan and the tribe. I found no point in daylight warriors or mediator ranks in sky clan either.
Thinking on it, it reminds me of Harry Potter. “All the good witches and wizards, all the hero’s are in gryffindor. All the bad witches and wizards are in Slytherin.” Sounds like that is the thing that the these authors are going for with only concentrating on Thunder clan. Doesn’t that get old for these readers? Then again I think this series is devoted to kids so they probably don’t notice or care.
It's been soooooo soooooo long since I read the books. Pretty sure the last time was in elementary for me and I feel like you're right. I never noticed any flaws because I was a child and it literally just was "oooo. Fantasy story about magic talking cats? YES!" I never gave it much of a deeper thought than that. Though I am tempted to dust off my old copy of Firestar's Quest just for a bit of nostalgia

• breed
  • Get in wars
  • Die

Hahaha, I was always a massive Warriors fan growing up, but your points are very accurate. The concept of the books really aren't that special, as you pointed out. For me it was mostly about the characters. I thought that a lot of the characters were pretty well done and interesting. Most of them were fairly unique and had a lot of emotion put in, in my opinion. The concept of the story is very simple, and probably anyone could have thought of it, but it's pretty captivating for a lot of kids. I think they definitely should have been thinking in a more diverse way with the Clans. Like you mentioned, it doesn't really make sense that ThunderClan is always the "good guys". I never liked that as a kid, so I always preferred ShadowClan since I thought of them as more of the underdogs of the series. I wish they had given other Clans the time of day. WindClan in particular was pretty consistently neglected I think.

I also never liked Firestar's character much. I found him a bit boring. He's pretty much just a typical children's book protagonist, but they definitely could have been a bit more creative with him. Like, why does he have to be basically perfect? He's essentially the perfect leader, warrior, hero, it's just kind of boring. A lot of people reading the books ended up preferring the villain characters to Firestar since they actually had personality and emotion.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the series immediately starts to go downhill after the first story arc. I was able to get through A New Prophecy just fine, but during Power of Three and Omen of the stars, at times I felt like I was just forcing myself to read just to finish the series. When I got to A Vision of Shadows, I didn't even finish the first book because I just couldn't get into it. Also, I think Dawn of the Clans and the side stories (except for the graphic novels) are kinda mundane. I think the only ones I've fully read are the ones about Bluestar and Tallstar.

I have no idea if this is unpopular but

Sol is the best villain on Warrior Cats

hands
down

Lol this thread is old but might aswell.

Idk if this would be unpopular or popular or just a random thought. But scourge should of had a bigger deal rather then dying so quickly in the first series.

I was so mad when he died because i was like cmon i thought he was supposed to be a badass sly cat! Yet he died a bit to easily just cause of one trick. I feel like scourge would of been smarter then he was in that moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back