Other unnatural hair colors!

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
i'm sure i'm not the only one here who's rejected nature's boring and overused color scheme for something a little more eye-catching.

dyeing your hair in vivid colors can be a bit difficult, but for all the complaining i do about upkeep, i'm never going back to basic brown again.

i was thinking this could be a place to discuss neon or other unnatural hair colors, as well as share tips for changing colors, making them brighter, longer-lasting etc... or even some warnings (don't bleach 3 times in a row! it's a miracle i still have hair >.< )

obviously it's open to anyone regardless of style/gender/hair status (and yeah i'm a guy who likes discussing hair dye X3 ) and even if you have no unnatural hair dye experience, you can still post... especially if you're curious and are thinking of trying it out or just appreciate bright hair in general.

I'm a boring person. I actually like brown hair. Maybe a light brown if I'm feeling frisky that day. I have black hair. It's 'K. Black, lifeless, soulless, like me. :(

I never really gave much thought to dying hair. Some oranges look nice to me, but I'm not the type of person to put energy into anything, so I'd never do it, even if I wanted to :P

Totally looks cool on other people. Is it weird that I think the bright colors go great with pale skinned people?

hey, there's nothing particularly wrong with brown hair, it's just a little too tame for me. i've actually dyed my hair black before, i prefer it to all the other natural tones.

and nah, not that weird... i'm so pale i'm basically translucent, and neons do seem to look pretty good on me lol i think they look amazing on any skin tone, though!

My hair has been pink and blue before, (though not at the same time). I love dying my hair different colours!! I like to stand out. I've always wanted my hair to be purple, which hopefully I will be able to do soon!!

If I could give one tip, it's always strip the previous colour out before dying your hair another colour. Oh!! And be careful with bleaching. If your skin is as sensitive as mine, it might burn when you use bleach on your hair. Be careful!!

Originally born with black hair which turned chestnut brown with natural red highlights. I used to have blue eyes as a baby but they decided to turn brown as well. -le sigh-

My hair is damn near impossible to dye. Store dyes will not take, period. Not sure if it's because I am mixed race so my texture could also be a factor. -shrugs- I have curly hair. After years of failed experiments a friend of mine recommended an amazing hair stylist who she would baby sit for/model in hair shows for. I ended up baby sitting for her too eventually, that's how close we got but I digress.

I've had red, green, blond, pink, blue, black, violet, orange, & yellow hair. The orange & yellow were not by choice, mind you. Went to a salon to dye my hair blond & instead received multi color hair in shades of the sun. It was god awful. Dyed that mess black as fast as I could.

Also tried bleaching at home. Ha. Big mistake.

So, the only color that my hair really takes to is black & red. I go with hair extensions for any other color; they last much longer & the color doesn't fade. I died it black recently & had my hairdresser add a couple of pink & blond extensions on both sides for a pop of color.

I LOVE funky hair.

I love unnatural hair colors as much as I love natural hair colors. I was born with very light brown, almost blonde, hair which is now much darker.

I haven't had any unnatural colors or even permanent dyes since I graduated for the sake of getting a job easier, but I've dyed my hair many colors and I want to do it again. I never went to a stylist for dying because I didn't have the money to waste, but I bleached my hair at least once before each dye and made sure to keep it moisturized.. My hair is still perfectly fine and they always turned out pretty well. I don't have long hair so I usually had some left to go over areas if I missed them. I've had red, purple, ultra violet, blue, turquoise that faded green, pink, purple/teal/black combo, and the last was simply some left over pink I put in over my natural hair because I was bored.

I'm looking forward to dying it again. I will probably do green, orange, or yellow.

I want to dye my hair black or a dark brown, with pink ombré tips. Sadly my school and parents won't let me, but I'm getting lowlights in my hair soon to make it look darker. :D

I have dark brown hair.

Being a student in a Catholic school for a good chunk of my life, hair dye was something out of the question. Until one day, my sister had this bright idea of using the remaining auburn hair dye my mom used for her hair, and painted my hair in reddish-brown streaks. I never got caught (since it wasn't that obvious to begin with) until a month before the end of the semester where we need to report to the discipline office for clearance. So l begrudgingly died it back.

Two years after, I was in another school and my mom once again had this wonderful idea of giving me ombre so she had the ends of my hair died an orangey brown tinge a week before my birthday. I kinda grew to like it and had it retouched twice in a year until one day, my current school decided to pass off a rule about hair dye so after hiding it in crudely made buns, I decided to have it chopped off.

So now I'm back to my natural hair color. I'm having thoughts of dying it a reddish-brown color but I'm kinda worried my hair would feel like broomsticks after a while again. ._.

I have dark brown hair, but my natural hair color is actually blond. I used to dye my hair purple rather frequently, though.

I dyed my hair bright copper/orange a month or so ago. It's faded to a more natural gingery-red by now since I had unbleached hair. My natural colour is light brown so it still sort-of takes, but not as well obviously.
I've previously had bright red and bright green hair. Red was a lot of upkeep :/ and I just didn't suit the green.

I used to get my hair bleached platinum blonde at a salon and loved it...but after so many times my hair ended up really thin and even now years later, it's not all grown back and I'm scared to bleach my hair again. So I'll never know what I look like with beautiful pastel or ultra bright colours...but hey, I can still stare at others in envy lol

I definitely have a strong preference for natural colors - especially dark browns and auburns. I have dyed my hair, but it's never been anything too unnatural. The farthest I've gone is cherry red mixed with cola red, I believe.

However, I've seen people who look absolutely amazing with oddly colored hair. My friend in particular has surfer-blond hair, but she had dyed it a number of times before. There was one time where she did a an ombre(?) style, making her natural color fade to blue, and it really suited her. I feel like people with hair that's naturally blond can pull off those colors really well.

I was born with a dirty blonde/light brown color to my hair. A very mousy, dull color at times. I dyed it technically an unnatural color, although it looks natural at a glance. Kind of a maroon, dark brown color. Much like this pic I stole from Pinterest. Since then, I've had an array of colors.

I was a very natural looking redhead for a while. That was by accident of my hairdresser, but it worked.

I had ~~~rose gold~~~ for a hot sec, being the basic white girl I am. As it turns out, pink doesn't stick at all.

After going BLONDE AF for the summer, I decided to go back to redish brown, where I am currently. I am boring. No blues for me.

64b9bbe1ca142a0128ed168827498de8.jpg

68c12a524e00259d30bc738d351daa6e.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 6.24.20 PM.png

Thanks for joining me on my hair journey.

because my hair is naturally super dark and i don't really like the thought of bleaching it but i did dye it dark purple! which actually looks super good in the light and i love it so much.

I love to be able to donate my hair but I'm also often conflicted with wanting to show off my own style which is... not traditional. So I've opted to bleach out a bit of the front and that's sort of my way of having something to play with, change the colour of and so on meanwhile the back is left untouched and donate-able! Best of both world!

My hair is naturally very dark brown. It's lightened in the past through no doing of my own (I blame the unrelenting sun of my homeland), and now it's practically black. I like it black and it's healthy and soft, so I'm not itching to change it.
However, turquoise is my favorite color ever and it looks nice with my skin tone, so that's always in the back of my mind. I'd love to have it gray, too. I'm not dyeing it for three reasons: 1. my coily hair requires a lot of TLC to begin with and I don't want to put it through the dyeing process, 2. I wouldn't be allowed on school grounds with dyed hair, and 3. my grandmother would honestly have a heart attack, so my parents would ask me to dye it back.
So basically, all that's standing in my way is texture, Catholic school, and my family.
Maybe someday, I'll have turquoise hair with matching brows. Like, bright hair looks so vibrant, if you choose the right colors. But natural colors are also fantastic and so healthy-looking, if you take good care of your hair. I want both???????????? (Yeah, there are fifty different-hued wigs in my future). In the meantime, I'll admire others' colored hair. I'm looking forward to turquoise extensions once school's out.

So, question for those who routinely dye their hair: do you also dye your eyebrows? Why or why not?

My hair is naturally very dark brown. It's lightened in the past through no doing of my own (I blame the unrelenting sun of my homeland), and now it's practically black. I like it black and it's healthy and soft, so I'm not itching to change it.
However, turquoise is my favorite color ever and it looks nice with my skin tone, so that's always in the back of my mind. I'd love to have it gray, too. I'm not dyeing it for three reasons: 1. my coily hair requires a lot of TLC to begin with and I don't want to put it through the dyeing process, 2. I wouldn't be allowed on school grounds with dyed hair, and 3. my grandmother would honestly have a heart attack, so my parents would ask me to dye it back.
So basically, all that's standing in my way is texture, Catholic school, and my family.
Maybe someday, I'll have turquoise hair with matching brows. Like, bright hair looks so vibrant, if you choose the right colors. But natural colors are also fantastic and so healthy-looking, if you take good care of your hair. I want both???????????? (Yeah, there are fifty different-hued wigs in my future). In the meantime, I'll admire others' colored hair. I'm looking forward to turquoise extensions once school's out.

So, question for those who routinely dye their hair: do you also dye your eyebrows? Why or why not?
In terms of color, yeah. My hair is so dark brown it looks like I have black hair.

I find a dull gray and purple soo pretty. But the purple has to be almost like grey. Ugh, beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back