• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Afropuppy

RPN's Biggest Animal Lover
Not so long ago, a plague killed most of the city's inhabitants, including humans, fish and cats. Dogs are immune to the plague, and so are rodents. The whole surrounding area is now contaminated for the next few years. The surrounding forest is also known to have bears, who are also immune, so there isn't an easy way out.

A few days later, people in cranes and other machinery came into the city and destroyed most of the buildings, but when one of them caught the plague and died they abandoned the area too. Then it was truly abandoned. For about a week that is.

Some animal rescuers with gas masks came into the city and put most of the surviving dogs in their truck, where they were transported to a safe sanctuary and will spend the rest of their lives there. Sadly, they didn't have enough space in the truck so they had to leave some dogs behind. You are one of those unlucky ones.

Rules:
- You can talk, but only dogs can understand you
- Fights are allowed, gore isn't
- You cannot kill other characters
- If you want to severely injure a character (something that would leave a scar), you have to ask permission from the person who plays said character
- You must write more than one sentance. Preferably 1+ paragraph but anything form 2 sentances is accepted, don't worry
- Romance is allowed, but it isn't the main focus of the roleplay
- You can form packs, but i need to accept the pack's name first (What i mean by that is that you can't make a pack called "butts" or something, i would never accept that)

Posting order:
Pack 1 (unnamed)
1. InTheSea (Cocoa)
2. Taigakitt (Barqs, interacting with the pack)
3. Afropuppy (Kirah)
4. Yahhah (Creed)
5. Quiddles (Saga)

Pack 2 (unnamed)
1. Afropuppy (Sherba)
2. Quiddles (Diesel)
3. Yahhah (Rufus)

No order:
Bvmble (Hazel and Turtle, is temporarily out of the roleplay)
Kanakazawa M. (Kit, hasn't interacted with any packs)
Deredere (Buddy, hasn't interacted with any packs)
Mitheral (Remington and Mongo, not currently interacting with any pack)​

Last edited:
Kirah
「Mentions:None」

Kirah was woken up by a pebble landing on her head. She had been sleeping in a safe spot that she found inside the ruins of a big house. Or at least, she thought that it was safe. A short while after the first one, another pebble hit her head. She opened her eyes and immediately got up. The cracked remains of a concrete roof above her were starting to fall. The crack in the middle of the roof was getting bigger and bigger by the second and more pieces were falling. Kirah needed to get out, and fast.

She started running as fast as she could, her eyes staring intensely at the exit. She was so focused on running in the right direction that she didn't notice a small part of the roof had called down in front of her. She tried to turn and avoid it, but without success. She tripped over it and fell down face-first. A huge piece of the concrete fell down right next to her, followed by more, smaller ones, which landed right on the lower half of her body before she could get up. She yowled loudly in pain, not only because of all the weight on her, but more because she was now stuck.

Kirah looked around the ruined building, as she had nothing better to do. The roof was completely gone, along with the two walls that were supporting it. What was since a towering skyscraper was now just a pile of rubble. She started howling as loud as she could, hoping that someone would find her. She was stuck, but she hadn't given up yet. She howled and howled, just wishing that someone could hear her, that someone was still alive. It was the first time that she was hoping that someone else got left behind.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Cocoa

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

What kind of life was this to live?

Dogs, let alone puppies, were never supposed to be on their own. They were a human creation, born out of a desire for safety and companionship that was, after centuries of domestication, given and returned.

Yet now here she was, alone in a world where every ounce of her being desired to be with others. She knew others must still exist, after all, she had seen her family get taken away by strange two-legs. Not to mention she had smelled the smells of other creatures, humans and dogs alike, but she had yet to actually find anyone else.

So how in the world was a 6 month old puppy living all by herself in a ruined city?

The answer is a decrepit food store she had scented out thanks to all the rotting food within. The windows and doors had long since been shattered to smithereens thanks to terrified humans trying to steal what they could before they made their great escape. If they actually lived long enough to make their great escape.

And today appeared to be like any other. The sun rose as it always had. It woke her from her slumber when it's rays passed across her moldy cardboard box of a home. When consciousness claimed her, so too did hunger. And the hunger drove her from her filthy hideout towards the store, where bags of dog food lay stale upon the shelves. Companies might have been interested to know a small puppy with her sharp teeth could eventually tear a hole through their packaging. Unfortunately, companies like that were likely extinct. None of these things matter to her now however, for as long as she had something to eat, at least her only other worry was clean water.

Which was what she was looking for when she heard the distant howls of a creature that piqued her interest. For that creature spoke a language that she knew all too well.

Another dog!

Tail wagging behind her, the little sausage dog bolted off through the garbage riddled streets towards the sound of the forlorn howling. Excitement coursed through her veins, fueling her with confidence as she charged down spoiled streets.

"Helloooooo!" The small pup called out, drawing out the word with a howl of her own. "Where are youuuuuuu!" The call continued off into yet another howl.

Perhaps holding out hope did indeed have it's merits.

[Mentions: Afropuppy Afropuppy ]

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Kirah
「Mentions:InTheSea」

Kirah heard another dog call out to her. 'Finally! Help has arrived!' She thought to herself. She stopped howling for a second, to better hear where the sound was coming from. It was to the left of her, not too far away but far enough for her to not be able to see it. "Follow my voice! I need help!" She shouted and let out another howl. She tried not to yowl, since that would be a sign of great pain. She had always been taught not to show any weakness or pain, but then again she was being crushed under concrete at the moment.

Kirah perked her ear up when she heard a faint sound of footsteps coming towards her. She let out yet another howl.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Hazel & Turtle || Location: City | Mood: Curious | Interaction(s): Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea
"Hazel! Hazel, watch this!"

There was only one thing that could happen when a puppy mixed with a monstrous puddle - the result of a burst pipeline no doubt. With a yip and a bound, the brindle female splashed into the shallow pool, pounding her feet and sending water flying around her like a living sprinkler. Hazel rolled her eyes, but couldn't disguise the smile across her maw. Turtle had so much unabashed life in her. It was refreshing in a time where there was so little hope.

Turtle came strutting proudly over to her makeshift guardian and shook out her short coat again, drawing out a playful growl from the older female. Hazel was about to scold the pup when all of a sudden the sound of another struggling dog echoed through the buildings and sent a chill down their spines.

"Who was that?" Asked the mutt, both ears and cropped tail standing at attention. Hazel rose quickly to her feet, but hesitated. "I think there is someone in trouble." She didn't say aloud that it could be a trap. No need to unnecessarily worry the pup... or herself. "Stay close to me, kid." The pair carefully maneuvered the street until they were nearer to the howls - two now, Hazel noted. They finally came around a corner and saw the source of the howls.

"There! She's stuck!" Turtle hissed, bouncing excitedly on her paws. "We have'ta help her." Hazel glanced around, ears flat to her skull. "I guess you're right." She mused dully. "You stay here. Just in case." She nudged the pup into a corner and then walked warily onward to approach the trapped dog.

"Do you need help?" Hazel called out, hanging back a few steps. Not every dog she had come across had shown her kindness.

Last edited:
Kirah
「Mentions:Bvmble, InTheSea」

Kirah watched as the two dogs came up to her. "Yes, please... I'm stuck" She said. She would start wagging her tail if she could at that moment. "The ceiling collapsed on me, now I'm stuck and I can't even feel the lower half of my body anymore..." She tried to hold back a yowl, but it could be heard faintly. "Please help if you can..." she said while lowering her head as a sign of submission.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Hazel || Location: Collapsed house |Mood: Concerned | Interaction: Afropuppy Afropuppy
Hazel winced when she saw the state of the stranger, pacing around to get a feel for the severity of the situation. "I'm not sure if I can do much on my own..." She admitted with a toss of her tail.

There were a few structural bars sticking out of the concrete that Hazel attempted to pull with her mouth, tugging and straining but doing little more than slipping across the pavement. She huffed and sat back with her head tipped to the side. Border collies were problem solvers by nature, but even she was sort of stumped. "Can you move at all?"

She noticed a crumbling patch of the concrete and padded over to it, pawing curiously to see if it would give. Her soft paws weren't all that good for digging, but she figured it was worth a shot. Pebbles scattered as she pounced and scratched at the rubble.

Cocoa

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Anotherdoganotherdoganotherdog!!!

Cocoa's mind raced excitedly as she bounded once again towards the voice, her tongue flopping from her jaws. She hopped over rubble, nudged moldy boxes out of the way and finally came to quite the wreck of a building. At first, she wasn't sure she even got to the right place. She twitched her floppy ears and looked around, using her nose to catch any scents that could help her find the right path. But then, just before her nose adjusted to the smells of the place, she heard more voices. So there were more!

Tail wagging so rapidly that her bottom wiggled as she moved, she made her way through what was once the ceiling. She hopped up onto a piece of concrete and saw a pair of dogs; one of them was obviously the one who had been calling for help. It didn't take a lot of smarts to realize that a dog trapped in the debris was troublesome. But there was another dog, one who appeared to be trying to help as well, paws earnestly scratching for some purchase. Nose jolted to and fro, taking in the scents of the other two dogs, and catching yet a third! Dark eyes darted towards the other pup that was huddled away from the situation.

Leaping from her small, ruined pedestal, the dachshund puppy bounded over with her ears flapping like little birds over her head. Her tongue lolled from her mouth as she panted from the effort of her running.

"I can help! Let me help!"

[Mentions: Afropuppy Afropuppy queanbean queanbean ]

Hazel & Turtle || Location: City | Mood: Curious | Interaction(s): Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea
Hazel nearly mistook the excitable voice for her own small companion, but was surprised to find another little pup bounding toward them. She almost laughed out loud at the prospect of the little dog moving these blocks of rubble, but decided to keep quiet. Any help, after all, would be appreciated. Of course, this seclusion was never going to fly with Turtle.

She bounded out in a similarly silly fashion, "If she can help so can I!" The brindle mutt grinned and bounced over to the group, stopping beside Hazel and the patch. "Ohh, you have a good start already. Let the master of diggin' show you how it's really done though!" She puffed out her chest pridefully and then growled, pouncing and scratching at the rubble spot.

Hazel was about to say something, but smiled and shook her head instead. In the meantime, she found the remnants of an old cloth sign and dragged it over, looping it under the trapped stranger's neck and forelimbs. "Hold on to this. Once it's loose, I can help pull you out." She suggested. "Little one, help me pull too?" The dachshund wouldn't honestly be able to pull much, but Hazel knew from experience not to leave a bumbling pup out.

Surprisingly, Turtle's digging was actually helping. Crumbling stones and concrete bounced across the pavement as she batted them away.

Kirah
「Mentions:Bvmble, InTheSea | Before Bvmble's post」

She turned her head to face the big dog and replied, "Yes, but not very much, and even then it hurts a lot..." She tried to get out again, but immediately regret it and yowled in pain, forced to stop again.

Kirah noticed another pup running towards them, claiming that they can help. Sudently, an idea popped into her mind. Maybe they could make a hole below her and she could crawl out? She turns to the small pup and says "Hey there little one, are you good at digging? Could you please come help dig below me?" Then she turns to the big dog and says "Maybe we can make a hole and get me out that way!"

template by astraea

Last edited:
Creed
Creed padded down a street in the empty city his nose pointed to the ground. The wolfdog was hungry at the moment and searching for some kind of prey to hunt. He wished he'd been able to stay in the park where squirrels and rabbits had been abundant but he'd been chased out three days prior and he'd had a hard time finding enough rats and mice to keep himself going. Suddenly his ears perked up, howling? Was some dog in pain? Was this some kind of trap? Creed didn't trust it, but he couldn't not investigate. He wouldn't be able to keep a clear conscience if some dog died because he was too cautious to investigate.

He went into a stride moving quickly until he stopped. The howling had subsided but the scent indicated more dogs then just one. He crouched and cautiously peeked around a building. Three, no four dogs were there. One was trapped, one was trying to dig it out with the help of... A pair of pups. That's what it seemed to be. Creed was bigger then even the adult dogs but that didn't mean he wanted to show himself and possibly anger them. His ears fell flat as he thought over what he should do. The trapped dog would probably be fine if he did nothing... Creed let out a whine and got to his feet padding over to them. He let his tail fall flat and lowered his head attempting to appear non-threatening. "Hello, what's going on?" Creed stopped a short distance away from them.
Nearby/Mentions: Afropuppy Afropuppy queanbean queanbean InTheSea InTheSea

Kirah
「Mentions:Bvmble, InTheSea, Yahhah」

Kirah grabbed the cloth with her mouth and paws, holding it tightly. "Ok, I'm holding it as tight as I can. Thank you so much for offering to help me..." She started to think about how she would have probably died of starvation if they hadn't heard her howls.

That thought was interrupted when she heard another voice in the distance. While still holding the cloth, she looked at the big dog making the noise and awnsered "I'm stuck, and these kind dogs are trying to help me out. Could you please come help too?" She didn't really trust the wolf-like dog, but she needed all the help she could find.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Hazel & Turtle || Location: City | Mood: Curious | Interaction(s): Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea Yahhah Yahhah
"Another..." Hazel froze for a moment, honey-glazed gaze sweeping over the approaching stranger. She puffed out her chest but examined the way he carried himself and let herself relax a bit. This was no time to be judgmental anyway. They could use all the help they could get. "Turtle... could probably use some help digging. Or lifting." Hazel muttered, looking at him and then casting her head away.

Hearing her name, the younger dog lifted her head and grinned. Her mottled coat was dusted white from digging at the concrete, though she hardly seemed to mind. "Mm! I almost got it all by myself but... you look... stronger." There was a hint of disappointment to here tone, as though it was a bad thing she wouldn't be the sole hero of this whole situation. Hazel almost laughed, but she kept her maw shut to maintain her sort of in-charge position.

"Over here!" Turtle called out to the male, bashing her front paws against a sizable spot of rubble. "If this goes away, that piece should tip over and make it easier for her to escape." Her little cropped tail was wagging.

Creed
Creed listened as the trapped dog relayed the situation, he nodded politely to show he understood. "I'll help" he said affirmingly. He looked at the collie who seemed suspicious of his appearance. He couldn't blame her, he was aware of how he looked and he was usually the one to be like that so this was an interesting change of pace. The collie pointed him to a puppy whose name was apparently Turtle. The pup did seem to be a bit small to be doing all of this rubble shifting on their own but they didn't seem to be doing badly. "I can do that" Creed affirmed, before going over to join the pup. He rested his front paws on the rubble and gave it an experimental shove to try and see how stable it was.

It seemed solid. "Watch out" Creed warned just in case he caused some rock to fall in the pup's direction. He positioned himself beside of the rubble and began to push against it using his side.

Cocoa

This is great!

The other pup had bound up to her, and it took her entire being to stay focused on the task at hand rather than to trade scents. They could go through that after the poor dog was safely rescued from her would-be concrete prison.

Or coffin.

Cocoa stood with her butt wiggling as she watched the other pup, Turtle, leap into action. Hazel started to work to wrap a piece of dilapidated cloth around the stuck dog, and Cocoa tilted her head to the side as she watched the strange construction come to fruition. And by construction, it was basically just a couple of jaws on each end of the cloth. Her eyes widened when Hazel spoke to her, asking for her assistance. The pup barked a yes, before charging forward to sink her teeth into the linen.

Naturally, she was quite awful at pulling. It was just far too much weight, but she would never really know, considering she had shut her eyes tightly as she yanked and pulled and shook her head. Yeah, she was quickly forgetting what she was supposed to be doing...this suddenly became tug of war.

Little whines and growls came from her throat as she tugged and tugged and tugged with all her might! But before she could really get too engrossed with this sudden game, the voice of the trapped dog snagged her attention. She dropped the cloth, which was pretty ripped to shreds by now, and moved a little closer to look at the space indicated by the older female.

"Of course!" The pup responded [to Kirah] with another wag of her tail. And just when she was about to leap into action, for a dachshund would never turn down the prospect of good digging, another voice sounded from behind them. The doxxie whipped her head around, her head once again tilted in a questioning fashion.

She didn't seem to understand the apprehension of the others.

But by the king of all kibble, was he huge!

"Yes come help!" She spoke in her chipper voice, her tail wagging frantically once more, increasing in intensity as the large male came over to them. She stepped back to give him room and was in complete and utter awe when he started shifting some of the rubble with his body.

This was probably the only time her tail stopped moving.

So strong!

[Mentions: Afropuppy Afropuppy queanbean queanbean Yahhah Yahhah ]

Kirah
「Mentions:InTheSea, Bvmble, Yahhah」

Kirah felt completely useless at the time. She had never been the one in trouble, the one that needed help. As she tried to get that thought out of her head, she looked at the border collie and asked "Can I help somehow?" She wanted to say how useless she felt, but it would make her feel even more helpless than she already was, so she just shut her mouth after that.

She knew that border collies were smart, probably smarter than her. She had gotten used to being then plan maker, the one that came up with strategies before doing anything, but a border collie would surely be better at this than her, especially now that she was the one who needed help in the first place. Her mind went back to how useless she was once again.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Creed

Creed braced his side against the rubble and dug his big paws into the ground gaining traction and stability. With a growl of exertion he began to push against the rock throwing all of his weight against the rubble. A small pebble was the first to go and after that the rest of the stone followed. Creed continued to push until the rubble was thrown from its place, hopefully freeing up the lab. Creed stood up straight and panted a bit from the exertion, he shook the dust from his coat. “Is that better”? He asked.
Nearby/Mentioned: Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea queanbean queanbean

Hazel & Turtle || Location: Collapsed shelter | Mood: Optimistic| Interaction(s): Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea Yahhah Yahhah
Turtle watched on in awe as the wolfdog pushed away at the crumbling structure like it was nothing. "Wow! Wow mister, you're so strong!" She bounded around, shaking her head playfully.

Hazel looked up at the new state of the collapse and nodded slowly, undoubtedly impressed as well. "Mm. That should help." She brought her nose near the trapped female and collected the cloth in her mouth. "Don't worry about doing anything other than holding on to this. Let's get you out of here." There was a brightness in her eyes that was hopeful.

"Come over here and lift up while I pull! And, little one-" The collie turned her head to the dachshund, "Get ready to dig with all your might." Hazel started to jerk and tug at the cloth, paws skidding on the pavement until she managed to find her footing. She growled and yipped as she pulled back.

Turtle joined Cocoa underneath, digging in to the dusty, hard ground.

Kirah

Kirah, while still holding onto the cloth tightly, tried to get herself out of the rubble once more. She managed to turn herself into a more straight and comfortable position, but that was all she was able to do for now. She just focused on holding onto the cloth, that was her orders after all.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Cocoa

By the king of kibbles! He's so strong!

This large, male wolf-dog was an absolute monster. But in a good way. Yes, a very good way. It was all in the way he could just...push up against all that hard stuff pinning down the lab and knock it over like it was nothing.

Cocoa's eyes were wide with awe, momentarily freezing her in place. She could hear Turtles' voice echoing her very thoughts. It was so hard to focus on her own job, which seemed to keep changing, which was probably a good thing for a puppy with a short attention span.

Her final job, it seemed, was to join the other pup in digging. Or as much digging one could do in concrete. At the very least it gave her something to do. She barked an affirmative to Hazel, before she started pawing at the ground beneath the trapped lab. She uttered little woofs and grunts as she tried to gain some purchase on the hard floor, to try to rip it up like any other kind of earth. All she would actually be doing was filing her claws down.

But soon enough, the Lab managed to turn over at least, which hopefully put her into a better position to get pulled out. Abandoning her digging post, because apparently she had better ideas than to dig at impossible ground, and jumped at a bit of the cloth Hazel was holding.

"Let's all pull!" Well, maybe that would work?

Creed

Creed sat back on his haunches for a bit, his shoulder was a tiny bit sore from pushing against all that rock but it didn’t impede him in any way. The pup’s remarks about his strength didn’t fall on deaf ears, it’d been a long time since Creed had had anything close to praise so it felt good. He noted the other dogs digging and wondered if he should join them. The Labrador had moved into what he thought was a more comfortable position so perhaps the shifting of the rubble had helped a bit. Creed was hesitant to give credence to any kind of plan, just in case it turned out to be the wrong idea. His ear flicked towards the collie who seemed to be in charge of the situation. She was tugging at the cloth which the Labrador seemed to be holding onto. He got to his feet and padded over. “You don’t mind if I give a bit of assistance here do you”? He asked referring to the cloth, he didn’t wait for an answer. He reached forward and gently but firmly gripped the cloth in his jaws, he was careful not to tear the substance as he began to pull back pushing his feet into the ground to gain more traction.
Mentions: Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea queanbean queanbean

Last edited:
Hazel & Turtle || Location: Collapsed shelter | Mood: Optimistic| Interaction(s): Afropuppy Afropuppy InTheSea InTheSea Yahhah Yahhah
For the amount of effort they were putting into the situation, they weren't getting very far. Hazel's ears tipped back worriedly, but when she looked up to see the expressions of her temporary companions she realized that they weren't ready to give up. Well, neither was she. They couldn't just leave the lab like that in any case.

"What's next?" and "Let's all pull!"

The little dog's suggestion didn't sound so bad in any case. They had already managed to get this far and, while Turtle wasn't complaining, Hazel could tell that she was hurting from the digging by how quiet she had become. Her own paws were scratched and sore from skidding across the pavement. Hazel thought for a second and then nodded. "Mm. Alright. Yeah, let's try that." She murred and re-gathered a section of cloth in her maw, looking at the others to take a piece as well. How did I end up in charge?

Turtle grinned and joined the collie, gathering up some of the cloth in her teeth and bouncing and tugging excitedly.

Kirah

That was it, she was actually going to get out! Kirah, determined as ever, got ready to get pulled out and once she was 100% ready, she started counting down. "1....2....3.....Go!!"

While the other dogs pulled, Kirah started kicking with her back feet so she could jump out with the other dogs' help. She got a good grip -she was almost half way out at that point- and with a strong kick, she jumped out. 'Finally! I'm out!' she thinks to herself as she started wagging her tail as much as she could. She let go of the cloth and sticked her tongue out. "Thank you all so much for helping" she said in a calm tone, even though she was very excited.

template by astraea

Last edited:
Cocoa

This is it, we're gonna get her out!

By now, everyone had a grip on the dirty piece of cloth that seemed to be their saving grace. Or rather, the lab's saving grace. There was no way she would survive trapped underneath all of that. Kibbles forbid the pile shifted and just flat out crushed her. Cocoa shuddered at the morbid thought, instead refocusing her attention on the important task at hand. She must be freed!

Like the others seemed to catch on, to Cocoa it seemed that the collie, Hazel, was now their leader, if not at least temporarily. She seemed to involuntarily head the metaphorical charge with the pulling, indicating the others grab a hold. And when they all did, hopefully they would succeed completely. And when she had a good grip on the cloth, she growled in earnest to indicate her attention.

"1....2....3.....Go!!" Kirah gave the order, and Cocoa pulled, pushing hard against the ground, her teeth laced with filthy fibers. She wasn't doing nearly as much as the adults, or even the other pup, but what she lacked in actual strength she made up with pure determination.

And their efforts paid off.

Kirah kicked with all her might and she was finally free! Cocoa yipped happily and bounded around in a small circle, before coming to a halt with a wagging tail as she faced them.

"You're welcome!" The pup said, her tongue hanging out.

Creed
Creed pulled hard on the cloth, slowly pulling the cloth back and tugging as hard as he possibly could. He bit down harder on the cloth as he felt the cloth slightly slipping. He almost hopped back when the labrador freed herself.

He released the cloth and sat down on his haunches looking at the newly freed dog who they'd just freed. "No problem, I'd hope other dogs would do the same for me if I was in a similar situation" he said with a slight nod. Now Creed didn't quite know what to do with himself he looked up at the sky a slight bit awkwardly. Now that the dog was free he didn't know whether or not he should leave. He fidgetted his paws a little, he was still hungry he supposed he could go hunt something down, then get on his way back to drifting...

InTheSea InTheSea Afropuppy Afropuppy queanbean queanbean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back