• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

Ok I just made the biggest post of my life, if anyone wants me to give them a much shorter version just ask me in the OOC!

I’m interested in joining if this is still accepting. Will put a sheet up later

Yahhah Yahhah queanbean queanbean

Feel free to make characters whenever you guys like! We barely started the roleplay and not much happened yet, only two characters have actually posted since it got made and that's a total of 3 posts so far so it's not like you're missing much yet xD

Vergaan Vergaan Boondox Boondox ChillyTiger ChillyTiger

Just remembered that I can actually mention users in my posts so I'm just gonna inform you that the roleplay started once more in case you didn't see it the first time (This isn't a "hurry up" message, I just wanted to make sure that everyone had seen that the roleplay's up, sorry if it sounds rude I really don't wanna seem rude)

Hazel
Name: Hazel
Breed: Border Collie
Appearance: Mid-sized
Personality: Hazel maintains a cool, mature personality, if not a bit lazy. She loves to lounge and explore but leaves the dirty work to her younger pup companion. Hazel is also extremely protective over the pup and, while she isn't her birth mother, she has absolutely taken on the role.
Backstory: Before the plague struck, Hazel was the pet of an older couple. Her days consisted of lounging around in the sun and occasionally going for a stroll to the park or accompanying her humans to various appointments. She didn't interact with many other canines before then. It was a rude awakening when one day her humans fell ill and, suddenly, she was all alone. In a panic, she tried to find help but ended up being scared off from her home by the destruction and lost in the city. While she wasn't hardly accustomed to life in the 'wild', it was do or die, and she was quick to adapt.
Dogs you know: Turtle
Other: Hazel doesn't want to admit it, but she admires the pup's energy.

Turtle
Name: Turtle
Breed: Mixed breed
Appearance: Small
Personality: Turtle is a bouncing bundle of endless energy. She adores exploring and hunting and running around in circles.
Backstory: She doesn't remember much of before the plague. She was just a stray pup that never knew the loving warmth of a human. Her story really begins when Hazel pulled the little bundle of puppy out of the rubble and took her in as one of her own.
Dogs you know: Hazel
Other: Turtle's tail is cropped short.

Last edited:
Hazel
Name: Hazel
Breed: Border Collie
Appearance: Mid-sized
Personality: Hazel maintains a cool, mature personality, if not a bit lazy. She loves to lounge and explore but leaves the dirty work to her younger pup companion. Hazel is also extremely protective over the pup and, while she isn't her birth mother, she has absolutely taken on the role.
Backstory: Before the plague struck, Hazel was the pet of an older couple. Her days consisted of lounging around in the sun and occasionally going for a stroll to the park or accompanying her humans to various appointments. She didn't interact with many other canines before then. It was a rude awakening when one day her humans fell ill and, suddenly, she was all alone. In a panic, she tried to find help but ended up being scared off from her home by the destruction and lost in the city. While she wasn't hardly accustomed to life in the 'wild', it was do or die, and she was quick to adapt.
Dogs you know: Turtle
Other: Hazel doesn't want to admit it, but she admires the pup's energy.

Turtle
Name: Turtle
Breed: Mixed breed
Appearance: Small
Personality: Turtle is a bouncing bundle of endless energy. She adores exploring and hunting and running around in circles.
Backstory: She doesn't remember much of before the plague. She was just a stray pup that never knew the loving warmth of a human. Her story really begins when Hazel pulled the little bundle of puppy out of the rubble and took her in as one of her own.
Dogs you know: Hazel
Other: Turtle's tail is cropped short.

They are both the the cutest! Feel free to start whenever you want, maybe one of them can hear my character's howls?

By the way, you HAVE to let me know how you did the picture thing! (Please?)

Name: Creed

Breed: Wolfdog

Appearance:67863A05-871F-4DE0-9C40-32313F37092A.jpeg

Personality: Creed is a quiet dog. He rarely barks and he has nothing close to a temper. He’s actually quite a wimp for a dog of his size, though he’s quite a self-sufficient canine being a good enough hunter he normally tries to avoid conflict leading him to move from place to place like a hermit. It’s not that Creed dislikes company it’s that he fears that if he runs into other dogs they’ll attack him for being in their territory.

Backstory: Creed ended up in a pound as a puppy, being born as a stray after his mother had a run in with a wolf. He was picked up from the pound by a kind old man who gave the pup a good home for his first year or so of life. Until the man fell ill and could no longer care for his pet, Creed was given to the man’s family who were not so kind. They didn’t trust the wild looking though mostly gentle dog. They chained him to a tree and Creed lived out a lot of his days like that. Until the humans stopped coming out to feed and water him, it took the better part of two days for him to chew through the cord connecting him to the tree but now he simply wanders from place to place enjoying his newfound freedom and trying to survive.

Dogs you know: None, unless someone would like to have their character know him.

*Boop!*
I'm bumping this since we always need more people to form groups and we can't really do that with 4

I'm interested but can I play as a jackal?
A jackal? Sorry, but you can only play as a dog. You can freely make a dog with jackal-like appearance, as long as it behaves like a dog

Maybe a mix that could look like one 4eyedintrovert 4eyedintrovert ? I could imagine a german shepherd x pharaoh hound x shiba inu mix that could look similar to a jackal perhaps (in terms of coloration rather than the fox-like wolf appearance)?

I also read that jackal x dog hybrids have been successful in captivity, but idk if you're open to that in this rp Afropuppy Afropuppy ? We already have a wolfdog character, idk if you'd be open to other half-wild crossbreeds but thought I would just throw it out there ;;

87775046_3824475207593905_8719177485150846976_n.jpg
87590567_3824474420927317_1680123062244081664_n.jpg

Vayda

Breed:
German Shepherd/Shetland Sheepdog

Dogs Known:
If any previous shelter dogs would like to collaborate I am down :)

Personality:
Vayda is the type of dog that can get along with just about anyone. As long as she is granted time to get used to others before being kept in close quarters with them, she makes friends quickly. Before the plague, she often found herself feeling as if she wasn't getting out or doing enough. Vayda likes to keep herself busy and the days long. Loves to be the center of attention, and often finds herself having to be a leader when no one else will step up. She is not the type to fight for this leadership, though. Vayda is very submissive, and tries to keep the peace among other dogs when it is possible. Vayda has bad anxiety and abandonment issues; does not do very good alone.

Backstory:
Vayda and her sister, Daisy, found themselves at an animal shelter when they were 10 months old after being abandoned at a set of dumpsters early one morning. Vayda hid behind her sister, and did not like being messed with by shelter staff. Her sister was very adoptable, and was adopted quickly, whilst Vayda was left behind. She had quite a few problems when her sister left, but quickly befriended a shelter volunteer. This was the only person that she would come to, so the volunteer would come daily to walk her and feed her. Vayda had high hopes that she would be adopted by this volunteer, but they didn't. She was instead adopted by an older couple. Upon arriving to their home, Vayda rushed under their bed and did not come out for three days. She went to the bathroom under there, ate the mattress, and bit the man when he tried to pull her out. Animal control was called, and Vayda was surrendered back to the shelter. Since she had nipped someone, the staff was careful with her and she had to be muzzled on walks or during meets and greets.
Despite her issues, Vayda was adopted again by a younger couple, who knew of her issues and wanted to help her. This time, Vayda did a bit better, and seemed more willing to learn with this couple. Things started to turn south with this family when they started going back to work. During the day, Vayda was kept in a laundry room with food and water. One day, upon arriving back home from work, they discovered that she had chewed through the bottom of the door to the laundry room, and was hiding under the bed where she refused to come out. Due to the house they were living in being a rental, these owners also opted to return Vayda back to the shelter.
Vayda didn't mind the shelter as much as anyone would think. She enjoyed playing with the other dogs, and liked the attention she got from the staff during open hours. However, at night, when she was left in the dark alone in her kennel, Vayda would panic. Workers would come in the mornings to find she had torn her kennel apart, and would be shaking cowardly in the back. Finally, one day, Vayda's favorite volunteer gave in, and decided to adopt her despite her issues.
Things immediately improved for Vayda. She was finally with someone she knew and trusted. She was rarely left alone, and even when she was, she was taken to training where her confidence improved greatly. She even took up agility and herding!
It had been a year of the good life when Vayda's owners all mysteriously disappeared. She was left alone in the home for weeks when she was finally able to eat out the front door.
That is where we will begin :)

Uh- also, it was an honor making this character sheet because this is literally my dog and her shelter story, so I'm glad I get to roleplay as her :)

1583126614335.png
Name: Nona
Breed: Whippet
Appearance: Nona is a lanky female with a white underbelly, lower paws, lower tail, and most of her face. Her markings consist of a brindle-type pattern with light brown and dark gray.
Personality: Nona is a well mannered and respectful dog. She recognizes authority and tends to shy away from it. She is quite submissive and has not interest in being "top dog." Shy and hesitant of new faces, Nona is most commonly seen on her own.
Backstory: Nona was born into the city by two loving parents. She had two siblings, one of which died early in life. Her mother was lucky enough to be grabbed by their owners before evacuating. Her father was taken out of the city by those that came to rescue as many as they could. Her sibling didn't want to wait around to be killed by starvation or dehydration, and wandered off into the surrounding forest. Nona presumed her sibling fell to the fate of the bears that roamed the forest.
Dogs you know: Open to knowing all, a few, or none. Let me know if anyone wants her to know their dog.
Other: --

1583127973774.png
Name: Egan
Breed: Lab
Appearance: Egan is an all black, three legged dog.
Personality: Egan is a rather selfless dog. He is always giving to others, even if he himself is worse off then others. He can typically stay calm during all situations and does not take sides, attempting to always keep the peace. Due to his older age and missing one leg, Egan tends to laze around more than most others. He enjoys spreading happiness to those around him. Talkative and friendly, he often can't take a hint that someone doesn't have interest in talking to him.
Backstory: Egan spent most of his life in and out of the pound. Previous owners would pass away or no longer want him. When the rescuers came with cranes, they ended up damaging the building that he was in. Enough damage was done that he was able to escape his cage and the building itself.
Dogs you know: Open to knowing all, a few, or none. Let me know if anyone wants him to know their dog.

87775046_3824475207593905_8719177485150846976_n.jpg
87590567_3824474420927317_1680123062244081664_n.jpg

Vayda

Breed:
German Shepherd/Shetland Sheepdog

Dogs Known:
If any previous shelter dogs would like to collaborate I am down :)

Personality:
Vayda is the type of dog that can get along with just about anyone. As long as she is granted time to get used to others before being kept in close quarters with them, she makes friends quickly. Before the plague, she often found herself feeling as if she wasn't getting out or doing enough. Vayda likes to keep herself busy and the days long. Loves to be the center of attention, and often finds herself having to be a leader when no one else will step up. She is not the type to fight for this leadership, though. Vayda is very submissive, and tries to keep the peace among other dogs when it is possible. Vayda has bad anxiety and abandonment issues; does not do very good alone.

Backstory:
Vayda and her sister, Daisy, found themselves at an animal shelter when they were 10 months old after being abandoned at a set of dumpsters early one morning. Vayda hid behind her sister, and did not like being messed with by shelter staff. Her sister was very adoptable, and was adopted quickly, whilst Vayda was left behind. She had quite a few problems when her sister left, but quickly befriended a shelter volunteer. This was the only person that she would come to, so the volunteer would come daily to walk her and feed her. Vayda had high hopes that she would be adopted by this volunteer, but they didn't. She was instead adopted by an older couple. Upon arriving to their home, Vayda rushed under their bed and did not come out for three days. She went to the bathroom under there, ate the mattress, and bit the man when he tried to pull her out. Animal control was called, and Vayda was surrendered back to the shelter. Since she had nipped someone, the staff was careful with her and she had to be muzzled on walks or during meets and greets.
Despite her issues, Vayda was adopted again by a younger couple, who knew of her issues and wanted to help her. This time, Vayda did a bit better, and seemed more willing to learn with this couple. Things started to turn south with this family when they started going back to work. During the day, Vayda was kept in a laundry room with food and water. One day, upon arriving back home from work, they discovered that she had chewed through the bottom of the door to the laundry room, and was hiding under the bed where she refused to come out. Due to the house they were living in being a rental, these owners also opted to return Vayda back to the shelter.
Vayda didn't mind the shelter as much as anyone would think. She enjoyed playing with the other dogs, and liked the attention she got from the staff during open hours. However, at night, when she was left in the dark alone in her kennel, Vayda would panic. Workers would come in the mornings to find she had torn her kennel apart, and would be shaking cowardly in the back. Finally, one day, Vayda's favorite volunteer gave in, and decided to adopt her despite her issues.
Things immediately improved for Vayda. She was finally with someone she knew and trusted. She was rarely left alone, and even when she was, she was taken to training where her confidence improved greatly. She even took up agility and herding!
It had been a year of the good life when Vayda's owners all mysteriously disappeared. She was left alone in the home for weeks when she was finally able to eat out the front door.
That is where we will begin :)

Uh- also, it was an honor making this character sheet because this is literally my dog and her shelter story, so I'm glad I get to roleplay as her :)

Oh wow that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!!! Could you please go hug your dog for me?

View attachment 686340
Name: Nona
Breed: Whippet
Appearance: Nona is a lanky female with a white underbelly, lower paws, lower tail, and most of her face. Her markings consist of a brindle-type pattern with light brown and dark gray.
Personality: Nona is a well mannered and respectful dog. She recognizes authority and tends to shy away from it. She is quite submissive and has not interest in being "top dog." Shy and hesitant of new faces, Nona is most commonly seen on her own.
Backstory: Nona was born into the city by two loving parents. She had two siblings, one of which died early in life. Her mother was lucky enough to be grabbed by their owners before evacuating. Her father was taken out of the city by those that came to rescue as many as they could. Her sibling didn't want to wait around to be killed by starvation or dehydration, and wandered off into the surrounding forest. Nona presumed her sibling fell to the fate of the bears that roamed the forest.
Dogs you know: Open to knowing all, a few, or none. Let me know if anyone wants her to know their dog.

View attachment 686353
Name: Egan
Breed: Lab
Appearance: Egan is an all black, three legged dog.
Personality: Egan is a rather selfless dog. He is always giving to others, even if he himself is worse off then others. He can typically stay calm during all situations and does not take sides, attempting to always keep the peace. Due to his older age and missing one leg, Egan tends to laze around more than most others. He enjoys spreading happiness to those around him. Talkative and friendly, he often can't take a hint that someone doesn't have interest in talking to him.
Backstory: Egan spent most of his life in and out of the pound. Previous owners would pass away or no longer want him. When the rescuers came with cranes, they ended up damaging the building that he was in. Enough damage was done that he was able to escape his cage and the building itself.
Dogs you know: Open to knowing all, a few, or none. Let me know if anyone wants him to know their dog.
Both accepted!

Maybe a mix that could look like one 4eyedintrovert 4eyedintrovert ? I could imagine a german shepherd x pharaoh hound x shiba inu mix that could look similar to a jackal perhaps (in terms of coloration rather than the fox-like wolf appearance)?

I also read that jackal x dog hybrids have been successful in captivity, but idk if you're open to that in this rp Afropuppy Afropuppy ? We already have a wolfdog character, idk if you'd be open to other half-wild crossbreeds but thought I would just throw it out there ;;
Well we do already have a wolf-dog as you said so I would accept a dog with jackal-like markings and nothing more. Sorry~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back