• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

Afropuppy

RPN's Biggest Animal Lover
(I originally made this roleplay in another site i used to roleplay in, but I decided to remake it! it died pretty quickly last time so I'm kind of worried...)

Not so long ago, a plague killed most of he city's animals, including humans and cats. Dogs are immune to the plague, and so are rodents. The whole surrounding area is now contaminated for the next few years. The surrounding forest is also known to have bears, who are also immune, so there isn't an easy way out.

A few days later, people in cranes came into the city and destroyed most of the buildings, but when one of them caught the plague and died they abandoned the area too. Then it was truly abandoned. For about a week that is.

Some animal rescuers with gas masks came into the city and put most of the surviving dogs in their truck, where they were transposted to a safe sanctuary and will spend the rest of their lives there. Sadly, they didn't have enough space in the truck so they had to leave some dogs behing. You are one of those unlucky ones.

Rules:
- You have to play as a dog (obviously)
- You can be a mix of multiple breeds
- You can talk, but only dogs can understand you
- The roleplay will start as soon as we have enough members
- Fights are allowed, gore isn't
- You cannot kill other characters
- If you want to severly injure a character (something that would leave a scar), you have to ask permission from the person who plays said character
- You must write more than one sentance. Preferably 1+ paragraph but anything form 2 sentances is accepted, don't worry
- Romance is allowed, but it isn't the main focus of the roleplay
- You can form packs, but i need to accept the pack's name first (What i mean by that is that you can't make a pack called "butts" or something, i would never accept that)

Character form:

Name:
Breed:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Dogs you know:
Other:

Last edited:
c0c47d0a0e037f95f8de76c19a93efbb.jpg
Name: Kirah

Breed: Labrador Mix

Appearance: A chocolate-ish brown colour without any special markings. One of her eyes is a fiery orange colour while the other one is light grey and foggy. She can't see out of the light grey one.

Personality: Kirah is usually very calm and collected, unless something is trying to hurt her or somebody close to her. She is a bit shy until you meet her, but once you get to know her she's sweet.

Backstory: She was born in a house with her mother and lived in the backyard while she was a pup. Her mother was a purebred Labrador, but her father was a local stray dog who just happened to jump over the house's fence one day. Her owner, even though he treated her mother like a queen, hated Kirah. He often punched her for no reason and was constantly shouting at her, even if she hadn't done anything wrong. Once she got older, her mother overheard her owner say that he was going to sell Kirah so she told her to run away. Kirah ran as far as she could. After two whole days, she reached the city and has been living there as a stray ever since.

When the rescuers came in the city to save dogs, Kirah was focused on helping others more than getting rescued herself. She helped mothers carry their pups to the truck and directed a group of dogs to the direction of the truck. Sadly, she wasn't able to get everybody in the truck by the time it was full, so she ended up getting left behind. She didn't really care though, by that time she had gotten used to being by herself. She took care of some elderly dogs that got left behind too, but they were all too sad about their owner's passing to keep going and one day they disappeared. Kirah is still determined to help as many others as possible though.

Dogs you know: Bo

Other: That backstory was really long, sorry about that!

Last edited:
Interested! Should I just submit a cs for admission?
W-Wait, can't the why can't they just come back (multiple rounds)- or is it too dangerous and the time they come back is indefinite? Or did they just.. "Whatever let's just leave the rest for conveniency"
Uhh.... Plot convenience magic? I remember that I had an actual reason in the original version of this, but it was a really long time ago and I can't remember it now, so let's just say that it was too dangerous to go a second time I dunno

It's alright, I just shortened character sheet (So, the form that you put up there) :')
Is it okay if I make it slightly more unrealistic? Being that I can turn in a form for a breed(s) of dog that actually needs a lot of human care (grooming, etc) but in rp doesn't need to stress too much about it? I can of course write it in as needing to groom him/herself more often.
Oh I completely forgot about grooming lol. Well, I think that a dog in a situation like the rp's plot would be less focused on having it's hair nicely groomed and more focused on actually surviving but it would be an interesting characteristic of the dog cares about it's hygiene, thus making it more careful and not want to jump into mud and stuff like that. My character will probably never, ever, ever be seen actually grooming herself though so don't worry too much about it lol. I'm still experimenting with how realistic people want rolepalys to be, so do whatever you want. I mean.... These are basically talking dogs so I wouldn't worry too much about realism UwU

Ah lol, I just don't want my bby to get health issues (diseases etc) from improper grooming ;;
It's more "My fur is matted and knotty and tbh it feels really itchy and bad skksk" They won't talk like this I swear
Your character already sounds interesting!^33^. Btw, you are free the make the character whenever you like, just make sure to include that he/she cares about his/her fur in the personality section

I'd say that you should focus on class, but I'm supposed to be doing homework right now so that would be unfair to talk you to pay attention lol.

Btw, I've read that specific thing already. That's why I groom my puppy, like, 2000000 times a day xD. She isn't even a long haired dog I'm just worried ;w;

Also, very important question!!!: Would you like me to post a picture of my dog?

Last edited:
German Shepherd Working.jpg
Name:
Bo

Breed:
German Shepherd

Personality:
Bo is a very serious and quiet canine, he is a protector of all dogs who he believes to be of good nature. To any others that seem a threat, should remove themselves from his presence as he will not hesitate to challenge. On the inside, Bo is a softy, he enjoys lazing around and eating but he knows where his duties are.

Backstory:
Bo was born into a K9 unit for police officers, serving the humans has been his job since he could remember, being a protector is all he has ever known. His human partner had been assigned him when he graduated his training courses. Bo worked along side his partner faithfully until his partner fell ill to the plague that was sweeping over the area. His master was a single man, had no mate or pups like some of the other humans. it took a few days before Office Crouse was discovered dead in his home, Bo lay faithfully at his bedside when the door to the home was kicked in. At first, Bo flew into defensive mode, but when a familiar officer stepped into the room, he knew help had came. With out a handler and the outbreak being so great the officers were ordered to remove the body but leave Bo behind, they were going to have to come back for him.

The day arrived where people were coming to try and rescue some of the dogs left behind, Bo had managed to open a window and bite through the screen to allow himself an exit and enterance to the home. When an officer returned to his home to find him, he was no where to be found. Bo had been out looking for food and missed his window of opportunity, although he didn't know that. Bo has been also searching for others who were left behind.

Dogs you know:
Open

Other:
N/A​

Attachments

• German Shepherd Working.jpg
    German Shepherd Working.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Vergaan Vergaan
Oh thanks for that! Can't wait to meet your character once they're finished btw

Boondox Boondox
Awwww cute character! Would you be ok if our characters already knew eachother? I feel like they would easily become friends due to their similar personalities ^^"

Also you reminded me that I totally forgot to mention what my character was doing while dogs were being rescued so I'm gonna go add that real quick now

Vergaan Vergaan
Oh thanks for that! Can't wait to meet your character once they're finished btw

Boondox Boondox
Awwww cute character! Would you be ok if our characters already knew eachother? I feel like they would easily become friends due to their similar personalities ^^"

Also you reminded me that I totally forgot to mention what my character was doing while dogs were being rescued so I'm gonna go add that real quick now

I think that would be cool if our dogs already knew eachother.

Vergaan Vergaan

You have a really nice character! Also, yes I do have some settings planned out throughout the roleplay. Mostly weather based, but there will also be some others, for example a bear attack since there are bears int he area. I don't wanna reveal the others just yet :33:

I'm very interested! I cannot make a CS at the moment because I am at work, but I just wanted to let you know <3

I'm very interested! I cannot make a CS at the moment because I am at work, but I just wanted to let you know <3
Oh that's great news! I sadly have to go to bed but I'll try to start the roleplay as soon as I can tomorrow! Good luck with your cs (and your work lol)

Name: Cocoa

Breed: Dachshund

Appearance: Chocolate and tan dapple. Pale, cream colored splotches cover chocolate and tan coat, resulting in numerous spots across her body and speckles on her face. Her eyes are a deep, bark brown, which is a much cooler tone than the warm colors spread over her fur.

Personality: Cocoa is extremely playful, and painfully so. She is always looking to play with everyone and everything, and doesn’t seem to know when enough is enough. That usually ends up with her belly up in submission. She doesn’t seem to quite grasp the predicament she is in, which might be a blessing in disguise. A naive, hopeful puppy can be a light in these dark times.

Backstory: She was named Pequeño Pastel De Chocolate (which actually meant ‘small chocolate cake’), but was called Cocoa for short. She would be a show dog someday, so she needed to have her royal status bestowed upon her the moment she exited the womb. Show dogs are strange, are they not? She didn’t think so.

Cocoa was a city dog from the moment of her birth. She had been bred for her genetics, her line known for their awards and prestige. Her path had been set the moment she was conceived. She was going to be a winner. She would take the world by storm! Nothing could stop her. Except growing up.

Her owners pampered her parents, her siblings, and herself of course. They would all become stars in their own time, one way or another, all perfect in every way. But none of this would matter, for life shifted drastically, and no one had time to prepare for the absolute worst. And the absolute worst was soon to happen.

She had, luckily, been long since weaned by the time the catastrophe hit her own home, and she and her parents and siblings were luckier still to get out of the apartment building alive when their owners succumbed to the plague. And in the end, unfortunately, Cocoa ended up being the weakest link, the unluckiest of the small family. When her family ran towards the humans for help, she ran away in fear. And so, it was in this way that she was left behind.

And that, is where her story will actually begin...

Dogs you know: N/A … for now!

Other: Will come via rp.

-------

Hope this is alright :)

Name: Cocoa

Breed: Dachshund

Appearance: Chocolate and tan dapple. Pale, cream colored splotches cover chocolate and tan coat, resulting in numerous spots across her body and speckles on her face. Her eyes are a deep, bark brown, which is a much cooler tone than the warm colors spread over her fur.

Personality: Cocoa is extremely playful, and painfully so. She is always looking to play with everyone and everything, and doesn’t seem to know when enough is enough. That usually ends up with her belly up in submission. She doesn’t seem to quite grasp the predicament she is in, which might be a blessing in disguise. A naive, hopeful puppy can be a light in these dark times.

Backstory: She was named Pequeño Pastel De Chocolate (which actually meant ‘small chocolate cake’), but was called Cocoa for short. She would be a show dog someday, so she needed to have her royal status bestowed upon her the moment she exited the womb. Show dogs are strange, are they not? She didn’t think so.

Cocoa was a city dog from the moment of her birth. She had been bred for her genetics, her line known for their awards and prestige. Her path had been set the moment she was conceived. She was going to be a winner. She would take the world by storm! Nothing could stop her. Except growing up.

Her owners pampered her parents, her siblings, and herself of course. They would all become stars in their own time, one way or another, all perfect in every way. But none of this would matter, for life shifted drastically, and no one had time to prepare for the absolute worst. And the absolute worst was soon to happen.

She had, luckily, been long since weaned by the time the catastrophe hit her own home, and she and her parents and siblings were luckier still to get out of the apartment building alive when their owners succumbed to the plague. And in the end, unfortunately, Cocoa ended up being the weakest link, the unluckiest of the small family. When her family ran towards the humans for help, she ran away in fear. And so, it was in this way that she was left behind.

And that, is where her story will actually begin...

Dogs you know: N/A … for now!

Other: Will come via rp.

-------

Hope this is alright :)
Awww my dog's a dachshund too!

Also, now have enough characters to begin! Too bad it's Friday though, I have too much stuff to do on Fridays and sadly we will have to wait until tomorrow to start :closedeyesfrown:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Awww my dog's a dachshund too!

Also, now have enough characters to begin! Too bad it's Friday though, I have too much stuff to do on Fridays and sadly we will have to wait until tomorrow to start :closedeyesfrown:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

It's all good! Today is actually full of errands for me as well! No worries! ^^

The rp is open! Sorry about the delay but I forgot to post the link yesterday =p

Oh and here's the OOC just in case you want to start a conversation in the rp forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back