• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

Here's the NPC Nero summary:

Breed: Pitbull
Appearance: A large, bulky, scarred, dark brindle mountain of muscle. Tail docked and ears cropped.
Personality: Angry, violent and relentless. He has no empathy, no soft side and no better nature to appeal to. Street smart but can be goaded into making mistakes. His first choice of response is to fight, and he is bred and trained to do that. It is unlikely that someone could reason with him, it would have to be extraordinarily clear to Nero that it would benefit him greatly to talk instead of fight. He does suffer from epilepsy, which most commonly manifests as senseless violence on waking.
Backstory:
Life has never been kind or gentle towards Nero. Badly-bred and badly-raised, his destiny was set before him without his choice. He was born to a fighting dog, sired by another. His ears and tail were cropped and docked before his eyes had fully opened, to leave mere stumps that would give another dog nothing to bite and hold. He and his litter-mates were never discouraged from play-fighting, but were goaded and prodded into greater efforts. A minor form of epilepsy meant that he would wake from sleep snapping and snarling and biting anything and anyone within reach until he came back to his senses, but his breeder saw this as a good omen and never sought treatment.

Nero was primed for the dog-fighting ring, chained and conditioned and deliberately set upon weaker dogs to teach him how to fight. The raid on his trainer should have been redemption, but brought only a series of failed adoptions, each leaving him more bitter and vicious and angry than the last. He escaped more than once, preferring a tough and solitary life on the streets where he could rule the other strays with tooth and muscle, free of collars and muzzles and closed doors.

When the plague came it did not take him long to eat his latest human prison-crate into splinters. The food left in his would-be rescuer’s house lasted him a little while, long enough for him to turn his strength and steel-trap jaws on the door to the outside world. Then he stalked the streets, looking for food and trouble. He was a malignant clenched fist of muscle, teeth and scars, fueled by fury. His dark brindle coat masked him in the shadows and the darkness of night, black claws clicking on sidewalks like the ticking countdown of the clock of destruction.

Notes: Nero is an NPC so can be played by anyone as part of the story. He is an antagonist with very little about him to sympathise or empathise with.
Nero is obviously accepted xD
(Could you imagine if I was suddenly like "nah he isn't accepted we'll just forget about him even though he plays a pretty big role already", that would be stupid)

Name: Buddy
Breed: Mixed breed, mostly labador retriever
Appearance: Short coat, yellow fur, more dulled out . He's a hefty good boi
Personality: He is very playful and a goofball like his former owner. He's a little more depressed that he'll never see his owner again
Backstory: Like all dogs, his mother gave birth to him along with his littermates. But this household wasn't in at a breeder or a shelter, but a loving home of Devon Hayes. Buddy has twelve siblings but Devon could only keep him and his mom for the time being. While on at a professional level, Devon did some baseball and running and Buddy loved doing everything with Devon.
Dogs you know: Barqs
Other: He's knows very basic sports references and likes puns.

Last edited:
Name: Buddy
Breed: Mixed breed, mostly labador retriever
Appearance: Short coat, yellow fur, more dulled out . He's a hefty good boi
Personality: He is very playful and a goofball like his former owner. He's a little more depressed that he'll never see his owner again
Backstory: Like all dogs, his mother gave birth to him along with his littermates. But this household wasn't in at a breeder or a shelter, but a loving home of Devon Hayes. Buddy has twelve siblings but Devon could only keep him and his mom for the time being. While on at a professional level, Devon did some baseball and running and Buddy loved doing everything with Devon.
Dogs you know: None, he only hanged around Devon and his friends
Other: He's very friendly and likes to sniff butts.
Sorry for taking so long I had to go, and I still have to go now but I have a sec to see your character

Before I can approve your character I would like to add a few notes

1. I don't think any of the dogs in thislroleplay is spayed or neutered now that you mentioned it xD

2. Could you please remove the "and likes to sniff butts" in the bottom of your post? These are basically talking dogs so as realistic as this roleplay is I don't think they need to do that... Also the rest of the character sheet is well-made and then it's kinda ruined for me with the "and likes to sniff butts" as the final words, that might just be a personal opinion though. Atleast move it to his personality? Please?

Other than that he's accepted! I can give you a summary of what's happened in the roleplay so far and tell you what we're planning to do right now, but all that when I get back because I have to go again. Sorry for the inconvenience, see ya!

Huh ... well it s good thing I didn't try to introduce a dog with another ugly habit.

Oh! and thought of another good name for an NPC dog ... Speed Bump

Other than that he's accepted! I can give you a summary of what's happened in the roleplay so far and tell you what we're planning to do right now, but all that when I get back because I have to go again. Sorry for the inconvenience, see ya!

That would be great.

I haven't read everything (should I?) Can I join?
Yea feel free to make a character! I was about to post a summary of what's going on right now so you don't need to have read anything. Well, except the backstory and rules on the first page of this thread

You also have to read the other character sheets but it isn't nearly as much reading as you would have to do if you were gonna read the whole roleplay from the start

SUMMARY: Kirah got stuck under a roof and the following dogs arrived from their solo lives to help: Cocoa, Hazel, Turtle, and Creed. They all managed to get her out and they decided to try and find food together. Cocoa suggested they go to the food store near where she lived, but inside was a fighting dog named Nero who has a place in Kirah's history. On the way to the food store the small group runs into two new dogs, Nona and Egan. They have to leave them on the roadside as a fight breaks out at the store between Kirah, Saga, Creed, and Nero. All four are injured in the battle, but it ends with Nero having a seizure and fainting. Kirah and Creed suffer serious bites to their legs. Creed also has a piece of glass in his paw, and Kirah cut her belly on a broken window. Saga's side is cut and she's dizzy. Kirah maneuvers a muzzle onto Nero's face and gives Cocoa a piece of dog clothing she found while Creed finds a small bag of food. To keep themselves safe, Saga (a stray that got to Nero first), suggests they all go to her old home. The group walks through the night to the house, even whilst being chased by a now-awake Nero. This is when they all decide to stay together as a pack. When they arrive they all use a fallen tree to help get inside. Meanwhile, there is one new dog (Nina) somewhere close to the group, but Diesel finds her so neither of them interacted with the group. Hazel got out of the house when everyone wasn't looking and went exploring without anyone noticing her.

Later on, by herself, Athena comes across the remnants of the food store and decides to follow the smell of food towards Kirah's pack.

Afropuppy Afropuppy p.s. it's Saga's back that was bitten, but as they're all healed up now it's not really important.

Can you add more threads to those linked in at the top like the CS and OOC threads, and if so is it worth having a "Summary" or "Story So Far" thread locked to you (Aftropuppy) personally where you put a character list and story-so-far summary?

Name: Kit
Breed: German Shepard/ Belgian Malinois mix (I don't know a lot about dogs so you all will have to help me out on this DX)
Appearance: malinois-x-jacali-7.jpg
(Wrote this on my phone so I don't know how big the picture is.

Personality: Giddy little puppy who loves to play and frolic around. She's a fast learner, and picks up behaviors very quickly. Kit tries to be a good example for younger puppies she meets and behaves well mannered around adults, but sometimes due to her energy, she'll step out of that line and play about and bark and nip. She's very happy and helpful and likes to be around mature dogs the most because they're very nice and mysterious. The kit is one of the dogs that never bark or growl, but she still nips and yips. Her favorite foods are raw meat and eggs.

Backstory: Kit was born in the city, but she wasn't real fond of the horn honking and the city hustle and bustle. She liked it much more when it was quiet. She liked the white noise of rain but not the thunder, and the city was never just quiet. Only a few months not long after she was ready to be bought. She was sold to an old farmer couple with there adult kids. They all took care of her, loved her very much, and overall lived a happy few months with her. But Kit became ill after she fell off a slippery rock in a storm. Her owners rushed to the nearest vet to get her fixed, and Kit stayed in the hospital for a week. The day of her recovery was the day no one checked on her, unbeknownst to her it was the day of the plague. She wriggled out of an open window and went out into the city. She found a hit deer for food and a sturdy box for shelter. She did the same routine every day waiting for her farmers to come to get her. The scariest day alone was the day the giant yellow monsters came. That day, she hid in her box, covered her head, and hoped and hoped and hoped her farmers would come. But they never did. Someone else did though. She was picked up and taken to another vet, a nice retired vet who hadn't died from the plague yet. All the stress of the cranes had scared her half to death, and she had to go through some intense therapies to get her back on her feet. Sadly all the care the old lady gave Kit drained, and eventually killed her. Now Kit sits alone on the porch that looks out to the street and waits.

Dogs you know: N/A

Other: Shes afraid of lightning, loud sounds, and high places. She doesn't mind being alone but will always greet a dog when whenever she sees one.

Name: Kit
Breed: German Shepard/ Belgian Malinois mix (I don't know a lot about dogs so you all will have to help me out on this DX)
Appearance: View attachment 732606
(Wrote this on my phone so I don't know how big the picture is.

Personality: Giddy little puppy who loves to play and frolic around. She's a fast learner, and picks up behaviors very quickly. Kit tries to be a good example for younger puppies she meets and behaves well mannered around adults, but sometimes due to her energy, she'll step out of that line and play about and bark and nip. She's very happy and helpful and likes to be around mature dogs the most because they're very nice and mysterious. The kit is one of the dogs that never bark or growl, but she still nips and yips. Her favorite foods are raw meat and eggs.

Backstory: Kit was born in the city, but she wasn't real fond of the horn honking and the city hustle and bustle. She liked it much more when it was quiet. She liked the white noise of rain but not the thunder, and the city was never just quiet. Only a few months not long after she was ready to be bought. She was sold to an old farmer couple with there adult kids. They all took care of her, loved her very much, and overall lived a happy few months with her. But Kit became ill after she fell off a slippery rock in a storm. Her owners rushed to the nearest vet to get her fixed, and Kit stayed in the hospital for a week. The day of her recovery was the day no one checked on her, unbeknownst to her it was the day of the plague. She wriggled out of an open window and went out into the city. She found a hit deer for food and a sturdy box for shelter. She did the same routine every day waiting for her farmers to come to get her. The scariest day alone was the day the giant yellow monsters came. That day, she hid in her box, covered her head, and hoped and hoped and hoped her farmers would come. But they never did. Someone else did though. She was picked up and taken to another vet, a nice retired vet who hadn't died from the plague yet. All the stress of the cranes had scared her half to death, and she had to go through some intense therapies to get her back on her feet. Sadly all the care the old lady gave Kit drained, and eventually killed her. Now Kit sits alone on the porch that looks out to the street and waits.

Dogs you know: N/A

Other: Shes afraid of lightning, loud sounds, and high places. She doesn't mind being alone but will always greet a dog when whenever she sees one.
Accepted! So cute!

By the way, I love that each dog thought differently of the rescuers. Kirah, for example, understood they were there to help and brought dogs to them, Remington thought they were taking him to the pound and now Kit didn't even realize they were humans xD Gosh I love this roleplay

If you are wondering how an old lady and a barely grown dog survived during a plague with dogs like Nero on the prowl, here you go my friend.
maxresdefault.jpg
Shotgun baby!

I'm wondering what pack Kit will join. Will packs one and two have a showdown? Who knows...
🤔 (Lol yea if we want, but right now we've decided they are living on the other side of the city so probably not for a while)

Also feel free to join whichever pack you want, but keep in mind that we're about to do a timeskip and the second group will be formed when we're finished with it. Most of the characters that are going to be in the second one haven't even posted yet (our secondaries). After the timeskip the first group will also have no shelter so they won't be really aggressive to new members. Whichever one you wanna pick, I would suggest doing it after the timeskip. Which means probably tomorrow (or later today, depends on your timezone) in real-life time, if you can wait until then that would be great because we're still trying to avoid the "everyone met eachother on the same day even though the plague started almost a week ago" scenario, believe it or not xD

Do you remember Buddy? I don't want him to be alone, but how will he ever join a pack when he loves his human o' so much. And I forgot to put this in other, he always carries around a red fuzzy ball he use to play with to keep Devon's memory alive. He was the first stage of grief and stayed at his home, thinking he would come back and that's why he didn't get in the truck. He's now at stage three and he's now trying to find someone that's clearly dead. I made Budy 2 1/2 because my dog is that age.

Name: Barqs
Breed: Standard Xoloitzcuitli
Appearance: Hairless, his skin is a chocolate brown and the tuft of hair on his head is blonde. That's the only hair he has. His eyes are a honey-brown. His left ear has a hole in it.
Personality: He is extremely loyal to those he cares about, but he is wary of strangers. When he is comfortable, he can be a goofball.
Backstory: His family chose him because his little master was allergic to dogs, but kept asking for a puppy. They had done research and found his particular breed. They also needed someone to watch the house while they were away- they've been broken into once. He was always fiercely protective of his little master, but that didn't stop the intruders that one terrible day. During the plague's climax of the city, his home got invaded, looted because the humans were panicking. He had gotten shot at for trying to rip someone's arm off- that's how he got the hole. It hit his little girl behind him. She didn't survive. Before he could get his teeth on another invader, he was closed in the room with her. Before he knew what was going on, some time later, he was alone. A crumbled building surrounded him. His family didn't bring him. He wouldn't leave. He had seen humans later on, in a strange mask. He was almost grabbed, but he was aggressive. And he was left behind.
Dogs you know: Buddy
Other: He carries a stuffed bunny with him.
Barqs.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Barqs
Breed: Standard Xoloitzcuitli
Appearance: Hairless, his skin is a chocolate brown and the tuft of hair on his head is blonde. That's the only hair he has. His eyes are a honey-brown. His left ear has a hole in it.
Personality: He is extremely loyal to those he cares about, but he is wary of strangers. When he is comfortable, he can be a goofball.
Backstory: His family chose him because his little master was allergic to dogs, but kept asking for a puppy. They had done research and found his particular breed. They also needed someone to watch the house while they were away- they've been broken into once. He was always fiercely protective of his little master, but that didn't stop the intruders that one terrible day. During the plague's climax of the city, his home got invaded, looted because the humans were panicking. He had gotten shot at for trying to rip someone's arm off- that's how he got the hole. It hit his little girl behind him. She didn't survive. Before he could get his teeth on another invader, he was closed in the room with her. Before he knew what was going on, some time later, he was alone. A crumbled building surrounded him. His family didn't bring him. He wouldn't leave. He had seen humans later on, in a strange mask. He was almost grabbed, but he was aggressive. And he was left behind.
Dogs you know: Buddy
Other: He carries a stuffed bunny with him.
View attachment 732810
Aaaaaaand accepted! I love xolo dogs. Actually I love all dogs. I love all creatures. Anyways, such a cute character! He really goes well with Buddy xD

Woo! I'm excited! Thank you!
I'll get to writing something shortly. I've been trying to convince my hubby to let us get a Xolo... Being an ex-groomer, I really don't want to work with hair right now xD

Woo! I'm excited! Thank you!
I'll get to writing something shortly. I've been trying to convince my hubby to let us get a Xolo... Being an ex-groomer, I really don't want to work with hair right now xD
Huh, I would expect someone who knew that much about grooming would want a poodle or a maltese something. Glad I was mistaken, gosh those breeds are everywhere these days. Specifically white ones. The only dark-coloured (or, to be more exact, the only literally-anything-other-than-white coloured) dog I've seen at the park for 7 months now is a dachshund mix, and she's my dog so I dunno if it counts. Before I got her it was just white all over the place. Maltese dogs and poodles mostly, even the few dogs that are jack russels or completely mixed breeds are mostly white, with a few splotches of tan or brown. There's also one person with a Samoyed, or, as we like to call him, the polar bear. And then there's my dog. Small, long with tall legs, mostly black with some tan on her feet, in the middle of all that.

Good luck on getting that dog by the way! I've been trying to convince my parents (dont have a hubby or anything so im stuck living with them) to adopt me a cat, because my dog is a fan of them. Sadly the alley cats she tries to befriend don't feel the same way xD I know that some cats can torelate and even like dogs so I'm searching for one of those at a shelter or something similar. Well, first things first, I still need to convince my parents. Good luck to us both I guess!
Gosh I just realized how much i wrote... Sorry about that! Anyways, I need to go now. It's 1:12am and I need to wake up early tomorrow. Goodnight! Can't wait to see your post in the morning :3

Huh, I would expect someone who knew that much about grooming would want a poodle or a maltese something. Glad I was mistaken, gosh those breeds are everywhere these days. Specifically white ones. The only dark-coloured (or, to be more exact, the only literally-anything-other-than-white coloured) dog I've seen at the park for 7 months now is a dachshund mix, and she's my dog so I dunno if it counts. Before I got her it was just white all over the place. Maltese dogs and poodles mostly, even the few dogs that are jack russels or completely mixed breeds are mostly white, with a few splotches of tan or brown. There's also one person with a Samoyed, or, as we like to call him, the polar bear. And then there's my dog. Small, long with tall legs, mostly black with some tan on her feet, in the middle of all that.

Good luck on getting that dog by the way! I've been trying to convince my parents (dont have a hubby or anything so im stuck living with them) to adopt me a cat, because my dog is a fan of them. Sadly the alley cats she tries to befriend don't feel the same way xD I know that some cats can torelate and even like dogs so I'm searching for one of those at a shelter or something similar. Well, first things first, I still need to convince my parents. Good luck to us both I guess!
Gosh I just realized how much i wrote... Sorry about that! Anyways, I need to go now. It's 1:12am and I need to wake up early tomorrow. Goodnight! Can't wait to see your post in the morning :3

I get that a lot. I groomed this huge poodle every 2 weeks and he was always a lot of work. I'm okay with not having work brought home lol
Good night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back