What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

Sub Genres
Adventure

Quiddles

This is why the dog can't easily spot that bright orange ball in the green grass- to the dog, they're more or less the same colour. Of course, their nose is about 40 times more sensitive than ours, so they can probably smell it just fine.

Yahhah

Praise the sun
(I thought up another character so I hope no one minds if I put it down).

Name: Rufus

Breed: Bloodhound

Appearance: 1588180199687.png

Personality: Rufus is an easy going dog, he is quite lazy though loyal to just about any human or dog he sees reason to be. He is easily distracted by smells and finds tracking something interesting very hard to resist. Rufus does quite well for himself for being such an old dog but he is still quite an old dog. He is nowhere near as energetic as he once was and the old dog sometimes loses his train of thought when speaking.

Backstory: Rufus comes from a farm, he was born there and he grew up on the farm, when he outgrew it he was taken by a trainer to be used for law enforcement. Rufus went through being trained for law enforcement, when he wasn't tracking down lost people Rufus lived with his trainer as a beloved pet. Rufus lived that comfortable though useful life for a long time until he eventually got too old. He wasn't fast enough and his eyesight was fading. Even though Rufus's nose was still as sharp as ever he just couldn't keep up anymore. The hound went into retirement, but his trainer still kept him. His trainer had been old when he got Rufus and so the man and dog went into retirement together. They moved to a large city when the disaster struck. Rufus was confused for the first day his human disappeared. His master hadn't left him for that long in such a long time. When the second day rolled around Rufus found a way outside. He couldn't believe his human had abandoned him, he must be trapped somewhere. Rufus set about to attempt to find his lost master, and on the way he realized it seemed every human had disappeared as well.

Dogs you know: None unless someone would like to collaborate.

Other:

Afropuppy

RPN's Biggest Animal Lover
Name: Sherpa

Breed: Shih Tzu mix

Appearance: 1588188440642.png

Personality: Sherpa is a very energetic, sweet dog. She loves company and enjoys being around humans, other dogs and even cats! Despite her name, which is more commonly used for sheep she isn't very sheepish and her curiosity often gets the best of her.

Backstory: Her owners got her from an adoption shelter in the city when she was still a puppy, so she barely remembers anything before that. Her original name was Cassandra but as she grew older and her coat started to remind them more and more of a sheep's, they did some research in common names for sheep and renamed her Sherpa! They never trained her to listen to her previous name so she didn't even notice the change. Before the plague, a retired trainer moved into the town so they persuaded him into teaching her the basics, they dropped her off at his house each day and picked her up after about two hours. Sherpa got to meet the trainer's dog, Rufus, and when the plague hit she caught his smell and eventually found him as they were both left behind.

Dogs you know: Rufus

Other: Sherpa is actually a real dog! Her name is Cassie and she lives in a shelter in New York City, waiting for a forever home. You can check out her adoption page here: Adopt Cassie on Petfinder

Attachments

Last edited:

Quiddles

Thought I'd try another dog, to get interacting with some of the others. I know there's already a k-9 on the character thread, but here to try for approval is:
Name: Officer Diesel of the City Police Department

Breed: Belgian Malinois

Appearance:

malinois2.jpg

An inch over two feet tall at the shoulder and weighing in at sixty pounds. Diesel is visibly fit and healthy, with a glossy deep tan coat, sharp black muzzle and ears, strong black claws and sharp white teeth. A few scars mar his coat here and there- most noticeable being a long slash on his right side and a bullet scar on his left haunch. Lean muscle slips easily beneath his hide as he moves, unhindered by the scars. He carries himself with agile confidence, and his deep brown eyes regard the world with alert readiness.

Personality: Fearless, energetic, intelligent but inclined to use brute force first and to only try other options if that doesn't work. Unused to cooperating with other dogs. Impatient and easily bored, but steady and reliable (and happier) if there is a clear problem to be solved and a plan of action. He is unused to being without a human for guidance, which makes him grouchy and seemingly-arrogant as a mask for that uncertainty.

Backstory: Bred, raised and trained as a police K-9. Diesel has worked in the city as a dual patrol and narcotics detection dog, with his handler Officer Turpis, since graduating from training three years ago. In that time he has helped track and subdue many criminals, has located several hundred thousand dollars' worth of illegal drugs, and has participated in police displays and educational presentations. Both he and his human bear scars from injuries received in the course of their duties, but nothing that has prevented them from operating at full capability once healed up and nothing that has deterred Diesel from his duties.

Diesel was originally evacuated from the city with the humans when the place was abandoned, but was brought back in by his handler and the animal rescuers to help locate surviving dogs. A collapsing building trapped him during the search. His human believed he had been killed in the collapse, and, grieving his loss, departed with the animal rescuers. Diesel was not dead, nor even injured. He eventually managed to dig himself out, and when he found the trail of the departing vehicles too old and muddled to track, decided to continue following his earlier orders- to locate the dogs left behind in the city. He has no idea what to do with any he finds, but he does like to have a plan and at least finding them is a plan. He misses his handler fiercely, but unless he picks up a smell he can follow he doesn't know how to go about finding the human again.

Dogs you know: Rufus, perhaps while Rufus was still working and Diesel was still in training (Rufus may well consider him to be an overeager young whippersnapper ;) ). He may know any of the strays by smell and perhaps sight, from his patrols in the city.

Last edited:

Afropuppy

Thought I'd try another dog, to get interacting with some of the others. I know there's already a k-9 on the character thread, but here to try for approval is:
Name: Officer Diesel of the City Police Department

Breed: Belgian Malinois

Appearance:

View attachment 717729

An inch over two feet tall at the shoulder and weighing in at sixty pounds. Diesel is visibly fit and healthy, with a glossy deep tan goat, sharp black muzzle and ears, strong black claws and sharp white teeth. A few scars mar his coat here and there- most noticeable being a long slash on his right side and a bullet scar on his left haunch. Lean muscle slips easily beneath his hide as he moves, unhindered by the scars. He carries himself with agile confidence, and his deep brown eyes regard the world with alert readiness.

Personality: Fearless, energetic, intelligent but inclined to use brute force first and to only try other options if that doesn't work. Unused to cooperating with other dogs. Impatient and easily bored, but steady and reliable (and happier) if there is a clear problem to be solved and a plan of action. He is unused to being without a human for guidance, which makes him grouchy and seemingly-arrogant as a mask for that uncertainty.

Backstory: Bred, raised and trained as a police K-9. Diesel has worked in the city as a dual patrol and narcotics detection dog, with his handler Officer Turpis, since graduating from training three years ago. In that time he has helped track and subdue many criminals, has located several hundred thousand dollars' worth of illegal drugs, and has participated in police displays and educational presentations. Both he and his human bear scars from injuries received in the course of their duties, but nothing that has prevented them from operating at full capability once healed up and nothing that has deterred Diesel from his duties.

Diesel was originally evacuated from the city with the humans when the place was abandoned, but was brought back in by his handler and the animal rescuers to help locate surviving dogs. A collapsing building trapped him during the search. His human believed he had been killed in the collapse, and, grieving his loss, departed with the animal rescuers. Diesel was not dead, nor even injured. He eventually managed to dig himself out, and when he found the trail of the departing vehicles too old and muddled to track, decided to continue following his earlier orders- to locate the dogs left behind in the city. He has no idea what to do with any he finds, but he does like to have a plan and at least finding them is a plan. He misses his handler fiercely, but unless he picks up a smell he can follow he doesn't know how to go about finding the human again.

Dogs you know: Rufus, perhaps while Rufus was still working and Diesel was still in training (Rufus may well consider him to be an overeager young whippersnapper ;) ). He may know any of the strays by smell and perhaps sight, from his patrols in the city.
Good thing I can't fall asleep easily xD

Diesel's accepted! Since he knows Rufus I'm guessing he's going on the second group right? His training may actually be a way for the groups to meet eachother at some point later in the roleplay, and who knows how that will go (My guess: not well)

Anyways he's accepted, as you already know since you're not new you can go make a starter post whenever you would like but if he's specifically going in the second group I would suggest making it post-timeskip because that's when that group (if @Yahhah agrees?) will probably start posting

InTheSea

Adv. / Lit. / Multi-Para
I actually make a second character for this literally when we started but never posted him lmao.

Afropuppy

(Don't mind me, just bumping the thread)

This is still open to anyone that wants to join! We even have a neat little summary now (thanks to @ChillyTiger for that) so if anyone new joins they won't be completely lost on what's happening! We're currently about to do a timeskip so after that happens it's a great opportunity to meet new characters! Have fun :3

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Interested, got a hybrid in mind.

Do we have a separate CS thread? (Hard to keep track with all the OOC in between. Not even sure how many there are that will be active.

Afropuppy

Interested, got a hybrid in mind.

Do we have a separate CS thread? (Hard to keep track with all the OOC in between. Not even sure how many there are that will be active.
Uh- this is the CS thread? And sorry about the OOC, it's usually pretty clean in here but we probably got a bit too carried away... Anyways good luck making a character!

Mitheral

"Growf!"

Longer hair, floppier ears

Remington
Breed: American Hairless (Dad) and Jack Russell Terrier (Mom) mix

Appearance:
Has his Mom’s eyes, ears and slightly longer hair and hair colors, Dad’s spots. (Thank God, ‘cause Dad was bald!) 13 inches at the shoulder. (Boy do those rabbits put up a fight! Maybe stick to rats…)

Personality:
Absolutely loves playing Fetch, so much so that given the lack of humans, he will run upstairs and drop a stick, then run down and pick it up. He loves digging, running, and hunting for rats. He gets bored easily if tasks get repetitive - like Fetch. So in the space of a day he will find a LOT of different things to do - even if he has to create them.

On the plus side, he is very sociable. And toward that end his energy serves a purpose. He will do what he can to make friends. Perhaps his most useful trait is his hunting abilities. It’s what he was bred to do.

Backstory:
Remington was bought to become a companion to a 5 year old boy - HIS boy - shortly before the Plague. That boy really knew how to throw. He sure misses his human. Even the Boy’s father would play from time to time.

When the men with masks came the first time they carried away his Boy and Father. They never came back. Remy can only assume they took his Humans to the … POUND! So naturally when they came back, he hid and didn’t fall for the food trick. He was way smarter than that.

Home

Dogs you know:
Smith, Wesson, Winchester (his siblings). But he doesn't know what happened to them. (If anyone wants to play one of them, just holler. They were so named because of the fact that the spots looked like shotgun patterns - and all their endless puppy energy.)

Last edited:

Afropuppy

Longer hair, floppier ears

Remington
Breed: American Hairless (Dad) and Jack Russell Terrier (Mom) mix

Appearance:
Has his Mom’s eyes, ears and slightly longer hair and hair colors, Dad’s spots. (Thank God, ‘cause Dad was bald!) 13 inches at the shoulder. (Boy do those rabbits put up a fight! Maybe stick to rats…)

Personality:
Absolutely loves playing Fetch, so much so that given the lack of humans, he will run upstairs and drop a stick, then run down and pick it up. He loves digging, running, and hunting for rats. He gets bored easily if tasks get repetitive - like Fetch. So in the space of a day he will find a LOT of different things to do - even if he has to create them.

On the plus side, he is very sociable. And toward that end his energy serves a purpose. He will do what he can to make friends. Perhaps his most useful trait is his hunting abilities. It’s what he was bred to do.

Backstory:
Remington was bought to become a companion to a 5 year old boy - HIS boy - shortly before the Plague. That boy really knew how to throw. He sure misses his human. Even the Boy’s father would play from time to time.

When the men with masks came the first time they carried away his Boy and Father. They never came back. Remy can only assume they took his Humans to the … POUND! So naturally when they came back, he hid and didn’t fall for the food trick. He was way smarter than that.

Dogs you know:
TBD Depends on how long it has been
Accepted!
Just a quick note: the "dogs you know" means which dogs you knew before the plague, in your backstory and stuff.
Btw you made such a cute character! :33:

Mitheral

"Growf!"

Mongo
Breed: Great Dane

Appearance:
38” at the shoulder

Personality:
Still thinks he’s a puppy. Pretty much everything is a chew toy. Really misses Daddy (his human). Always hungry. Always chewing on something even when he isn’t hungry. He has eaten his share of limo interiors. Not exactly the brightest canine in history.

Backstory:
Mongo was bought as a present by a teenage girl for her father after her parents were divorced. She bought it with his own credit card, the one he gave her as a sort of bribe. She just walked into the pet store and asked for a puppy of the biggest dog breed that had. Her father was one of those TV types that did a debunking series on UFO and ancient alien astronaut theories. Her mother worked for SETI. Her father couldn’t give the dog up and instead doted on it.

So Mongo has led a life of luxury. He has never known hunger.

Dogs you know:

Other:

Afropuppy

Mongo
Breed: Great Dane

Appearance:
38” at the shoulder

Personality:
Still thinks he’s a puppy. Pretty much everything is a chew toy. Really misses Daddy (his human). Always hungry. Always chewing on something even when he isn’t hungry. He has eaten his share of limo interiors. Not exactly the brightest canine in history.

Backstory:
Mongo was bought as a present by a teenage girl for her father after her parents were divorced. She bought it with his own credit card, the one he gave her as a sort of bribe. She just walked into the pet store and asked for a puppy of the biggest dog breed that had. Her father was one of those TV types that did a debunking series on UFO and ancient alien astronaut theories. Her mother worked for SETI. Her father couldn’t give the dog up and instead doted on it.

So Mongo has led a life of luxury. He has never known hunger.

Dogs you know:

Other:

(Sorry- I fell asleep)
Awwwww, I love him already xD Accepted!
Maybe he can be in a different group than your other character? Because we're doing two groups and all that? One of them is going to start forming post-timeskip though so you gotta be a bit patient if you want that. Just a suggestion of course, you can do whatever you want. Okay I should probably go to sleep now, it's 2:36 am.... Welp goodnight!

Mitheral

"Growf!"
When you get back then: Do we have a list of who is in what groups?

I kind of hoped to get both in one group, but understood. Having trouble reading the posts that are in the small boxes.

Afropuppy

When you get back then: Do we have a list of who is in what groups?

I kind of hoped to get both in one group, but understood. Having trouble reading the posts that are in the small boxes.
Oh no no, you can have both in one group if you want, that's not what I meant! I just wanted to suggest that because most people that have more than one character have them in the different groups so I thought you had something similar in mind

As for a list, for the first pack: Kirah (me), Creed (Yahhah), Hazel & Turtle (Bvmble), Cocoa (InTheSea), Saga (Quiddles), Athena (ChillyTiger)
and for the second pack: Sherpa (me), Diesel (Quiddles), Rufus (Yahhah), Nina (WolfieGamer57)

As I've said before the second group hasn't formed yet, that will happen when we do the timeskip. I haven't put your characters in either of the groups because you haven't interacted with any of them yet, so when that happens I'll update the list :3

We also have a group character, Nero, who everyone can play as and is a "villain" of sorts? Uhhh I don't think he has an actual character sheet... We just make him sorta... appear out of nowhere? and find the dogs when we need something bad/exciting to happen and have no other explanation for it xD He isn't a "main villain" or anything (since the roleplay isn't focused on defeating an ancient evil or something, rather it's just dogs trying to survive) he's just kinda there

I'm pretty sure the rest of the dogs/users are inactive, sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)