What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Unlucky ~ Dog Roleplay ~ Open!

Sub Genres
Adventure

InTheSea

Adv. / Lit. / Multi-Para
Name: Cocoa

Breed: Dachshund

Appearance: Chocolate and tan dapple. Pale, cream colored splotches cover chocolate and tan coat, resulting in numerous spots across her body and speckles on her face. Her eyes are a deep, bark brown, which is a much cooler tone than the warm colors spread over her fur.

Personality: Cocoa is extremely playful, and painfully so. She is always looking to play with everyone and everything, and doesn’t seem to know when enough is enough. That usually ends up with her belly up in submission. She doesn’t seem to quite grasp the predicament she is in, which might be a blessing in disguise. A naive, hopeful puppy can be a light in these dark times.

Backstory: She was named Pequeño Pastel De Chocolate (which actually meant ‘small chocolate cake’), but was called Cocoa for short. She would be a show dog someday, so she needed to have her royal status bestowed upon her the moment she exited the womb. Show dogs are strange, are they not? She didn’t think so.

Cocoa was a city dog from the moment of her birth. She had been bred for her genetics, her line known for their awards and prestige. Her path had been set the moment she was conceived. She was going to be a winner. She would take the world by storm! Nothing could stop her. Except growing up.

Her owners pampered her parents, her siblings, and herself of course. They would all become stars in their own time, one way or another, all perfect in every way. But none of this would matter, for life shifted drastically, and no one had time to prepare for the absolute worst. And the absolute worst was soon to happen.

She had, luckily, been long since weaned by the time the catastrophe hit her own home, and she and her parents and siblings were luckier still to get out of the apartment building alive when their owners succumbed to the plague. And in the end, unfortunately, Cocoa ended up being the weakest link, the unluckiest of the small family. When her family ran towards the humans for help, she ran away in fear. And so, it was in this way that she was left behind.

And that, is where her story will actually begin...

Dogs you know: N/A … for now!

Other: Will come via rp.

-------

Hope this is alright :)

Afropuppy

RPN's Biggest Animal Lover
Name: Cocoa

Breed: Dachshund

Appearance: Chocolate and tan dapple. Pale, cream colored splotches cover chocolate and tan coat, resulting in numerous spots across her body and speckles on her face. Her eyes are a deep, bark brown, which is a much cooler tone than the warm colors spread over her fur.

Personality: Cocoa is extremely playful, and painfully so. She is always looking to play with everyone and everything, and doesn’t seem to know when enough is enough. That usually ends up with her belly up in submission. She doesn’t seem to quite grasp the predicament she is in, which might be a blessing in disguise. A naive, hopeful puppy can be a light in these dark times.

Backstory: She was named Pequeño Pastel De Chocolate (which actually meant ‘small chocolate cake’), but was called Cocoa for short. She would be a show dog someday, so she needed to have her royal status bestowed upon her the moment she exited the womb. Show dogs are strange, are they not? She didn’t think so.

Cocoa was a city dog from the moment of her birth. She had been bred for her genetics, her line known for their awards and prestige. Her path had been set the moment she was conceived. She was going to be a winner. She would take the world by storm! Nothing could stop her. Except growing up.

Her owners pampered her parents, her siblings, and herself of course. They would all become stars in their own time, one way or another, all perfect in every way. But none of this would matter, for life shifted drastically, and no one had time to prepare for the absolute worst. And the absolute worst was soon to happen.

She had, luckily, been long since weaned by the time the catastrophe hit her own home, and she and her parents and siblings were luckier still to get out of the apartment building alive when their owners succumbed to the plague. And in the end, unfortunately, Cocoa ended up being the weakest link, the unluckiest of the small family. When her family ran towards the humans for help, she ran away in fear. And so, it was in this way that she was left behind.

And that, is where her story will actually begin...

Dogs you know: N/A … for now!

Other: Will come via rp.

-------

Hope this is alright :)
Awww my dog's a dachshund too!

Also, now have enough characters to begin! Too bad it's Friday though, I have too much stuff to do on Fridays and sadly we will have to wait until tomorrow to start :closedeyesfrown:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

InTheSea

Adv. / Lit. / Multi-Para
Awww my dog's a dachshund too!

Also, now have enough characters to begin! Too bad it's Friday though, I have too much stuff to do on Fridays and sadly we will have to wait until tomorrow to start :closedeyesfrown:

Sorry for the inconvenience!
It's all good! Today is actually full of errands for me as well! No worries! ^^

Afropuppy

The rp is open! Sorry about the delay but I forgot to post the link yesterday =p

Afropuppy

Oh and here's the OOC just in case you want to start a conversation in the rp forum

Afropuppy

Ok I just made the biggest post of my life, if anyone wants me to give them a much shorter version just ask me in the OOC!

Afropuppy

@Yahhah @Bvmble

Feel free to make characters whenever you guys like! We barely started the roleplay and not much happened yet, only two characters have actually posted since it got made and that's a total of 3 posts so far so it's not like you're missing much yet xD

Afropuppy

@Yoaisami @Boondox @ChillyTiger

Just remembered that I can actually mention users in my posts so I'm just gonna inform you that the roleplay started once more in case you didn't see it the first time (This isn't a "hurry up" message, I just wanted to make sure that everyone had seen that the roleplay's up, sorry if it sounds rude I really don't wanna seem rude)

Bvmble

honey bee
Hazel
Name: Hazel
Breed: Border Collie
Appearance: Mid-sized
Personality: Hazel maintains a cool, mature personality, if not a bit lazy. She loves to lounge and explore but leaves the dirty work to her younger pup companion. Hazel is also extremely protective over the pup and, while she isn't her birth mother, she has absolutely taken on the role.
Backstory: Before the plague struck, Hazel was the pet of an older couple. Her days consisted of lounging around in the sun and occasionally going for a stroll to the park or accompanying her humans to various appointments. She didn't interact with many other canines before then. It was a rude awakening when one day her humans fell ill and, suddenly, she was all alone. In a panic, she tried to find help but ended up being scared off from her home by the destruction and lost in the city. While she wasn't hardly accustomed to life in the 'wild', it was do or die, and she was quick to adapt.
Dogs you know: Turtle
Other: Hazel doesn't want to admit it, but she admires the pup's energy.

Turtle
Name: Turtle
Breed: Mixed breed
Appearance: Small
Personality: Turtle is a bouncing bundle of endless energy. She adores exploring and hunting and running around in circles.
Backstory: She doesn't remember much of before the plague. She was just a stray pup that never knew the loving warmth of a human. Her story really begins when Hazel pulled the little bundle of puppy out of the rubble and took her in as one of her own.
Dogs you know: Hazel
Other: Turtle's tail is cropped short.

Last edited:

Afropuppy

Hazel
Name: Hazel
Breed: Border Collie
Appearance: Mid-sized
Personality: Hazel maintains a cool, mature personality, if not a bit lazy. She loves to lounge and explore but leaves the dirty work to her younger pup companion. Hazel is also extremely protective over the pup and, while she isn't her birth mother, she has absolutely taken on the role.
Backstory: Before the plague struck, Hazel was the pet of an older couple. Her days consisted of lounging around in the sun and occasionally going for a stroll to the park or accompanying her humans to various appointments. She didn't interact with many other canines before then. It was a rude awakening when one day her humans fell ill and, suddenly, she was all alone. In a panic, she tried to find help but ended up being scared off from her home by the destruction and lost in the city. While she wasn't hardly accustomed to life in the 'wild', it was do or die, and she was quick to adapt.
Dogs you know: Turtle
Other: Hazel doesn't want to admit it, but she admires the pup's energy.

Turtle
Name: Turtle
Breed: Mixed breed
Appearance: Small
Personality: Turtle is a bouncing bundle of endless energy. She adores exploring and hunting and running around in circles.
Backstory: She doesn't remember much of before the plague. She was just a stray pup that never knew the loving warmth of a human. Her story really begins when Hazel pulled the little bundle of puppy out of the rubble and took her in as one of her own.
Dogs you know: Hazel
Other: Turtle's tail is cropped short.

They are both the the cutest! Feel free to start whenever you want, maybe one of them can hear my character's howls?

By the way, you HAVE to let me know how you did the picture thing! (Please?)

ChillyTiger

The chilliest tiger you've ever seen!
@Afropuppy - I have a good post in mind but it has to wait until it's nighttime, so if you wouldn't mind tagging me when it gets to that point, I'll be sure to post a good one!

To be honest, we never set a time and I was guessing it was late afternoon / early evening so it's gonna get to nighttime relatively fast, don't worry

Last edited by a moderator:

Yahhah

Praise the sun
Name: Creed

Breed: Wolfdog

Appearance:67863A05-871F-4DE0-9C40-32313F37092A.jpeg

Personality: Creed is a quiet dog. He rarely barks and he has nothing close to a temper. He’s actually quite a wimp for a dog of his size, though he’s quite a self-sufficient canine being a good enough hunter he normally tries to avoid conflict leading him to move from place to place like a hermit. It’s not that Creed dislikes company it’s that he fears that if he runs into other dogs they’ll attack him for being in their territory.

Backstory: Creed ended up in a pound as a puppy, being born as a stray after his mother had a run in with a wolf. He was picked up from the pound by a kind old man who gave the pup a good home for his first year or so of life. Until the man fell ill and could no longer care for his pet, Creed was given to the man’s family who were not so kind. They didn’t trust the wild looking though mostly gentle dog. They chained him to a tree and Creed lived out a lot of his days like that. Until the humans stopped coming out to feed and water him, it took the better part of two days for him to chew through the cord connecting him to the tree but now he simply wanders from place to place enjoying his newfound freedom and trying to survive.

Dogs you know: None, unless someone would like to have their character know him.

Afropuppy

*Boop!*
I'm bumping this since we always need more people to form groups and we can't really do that with 4

InTheSea

Adv. / Lit. / Multi-Para
I'm interested but can I play as a jackal?
A jackal? Sorry, but you can only play as a dog. You can freely make a dog with jackal-like appearance, as long as it behaves like a dog
Maybe a mix that could look like one @4eyedintrovert ? I could imagine a german shepherd x pharaoh hound x shiba inu mix that could look similar to a jackal perhaps (in terms of coloration rather than the fox-like wolf appearance)?

I also read that jackal x dog hybrids have been successful in captivity, but idk if you're open to that in this rp @Afropuppy? We already have a wolfdog character, idk if you'd be open to other half-wild crossbreeds but thought I would just throw it out there ;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)