• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unlikely Partners

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"That is very likely." Seth responded with a slump of his shoulders. "The demon leader would have to have been smart enouph to get the translation before assaulting what was bound to be a well protected place, not to mention the fact that it figured out where the Earth Shard was to begin with."
Chris interjected slowly not wanting to cut off Seth, "What worries me is the fact that the attack was pulled off. Demons only follow when the one they are following is very powerful. The demon that found the Sea Shard was lucky, and gained followers in a short time. Whatever has the Earth Shard now has got to be something else for it to have been able to order demons to their deaths to accomplish its own goals." Chris finished with a worried look.
Seth had the same downcast look as Chris and said, "Agreed. He is both smart and powerful. And you are certain that he, whoever he is, has the translation as well as the shard?" He finished with his question directed at Ilaria.

Ilaria let the two men debate back and forth, munching on a pastry, until Seth looked over.
"Word spreads fast in the dark realms when it comes to objects of power. Demons would have already heard about the attack with the Sea Shard, and the power involved. They would already know about the translation. So whatever demon had those papers next would have no problem gathering a following to retrieve a shard."

She paused, and took a sip of water. "Yes, I'm certain. It walked into the mine to retrieve the shard with the translation on a chord around it's neck. It was.. ape-like, with wings and horns. It picked up the shard, and walked out. The Golam was too hurt at that point to stop it, smaller demons were holding him back.."
Ilaria glanced down, realizing that the Golden Flame really didn't understand moon magic, and she'd have to do a lot more of this kind of explaining down the line.

Seth nodded slowly, being confused at first but then understanding as Ilaria explained. Chris on the other hand was just lost, but he didn't mind so long as Ilaria knew what she was talking about and Seth agreed with her.
"The first third of the army wont be getting here for another 8 hours and the remaining two thirds wont be here till another 14 hours past that." Seth said as he stood. "The masters I brought with me will break up into groups of 4 and go looking for anything that might indicate where the demons went."
Chris stood soon after Seth and noticed a group of four leave the barracks. Then Seth continued, "Why don't the two of you pop into the dining hall and grab a quick lunch to go, and meet me in your hotel room and we will head out to meet this Dryad. I would like to talk to him and see the Golam Heart." And with those words he walked off towards his room.
"Well I guess we are going back up to the mountain." Chris said with a small amused chuckle. He headed into the dining hall, and just like the great hall back at the grove there was a small spread of food up at the front. There wasn't a lot of food because it was no longer lunch time and there weren't very many people staying in the barracks yet, but there still was a nice selection of lunch food. Chris fixed himself a sandwich and grabbed an apple and two plums and a bottle of water. Then waited for Ilaria to get something too.

Ilaria gave a mute nod to Seth, and watched him go for a moment before she followed Chris.
"I'd really rather not," She said softly, as she gathered a plate of food. Her stomach gurgled hungrily, but the thought of going back up the mountain was threatening her appetite- it wasn't a happy place at this point.
"But I guess we'd better- or I'd better- considering Elm isn't a big fan of you all. Given the situation, he probably won't say anything, but it can't be nice for him to see Golden Flame all over the place."

She lead the way over to a table, sitting to eat quickly. The sooner they went, the better. She would, eventually, crash and need to be asleep during the peak of the day. This wasn't sustainable for her.
"I'm just hoping it doesn't take long to track this shard down. I can't believe we were only a day late." Ilaria spoke in between bites of a sandwich, finishing it quickly and then downing some water.

Chris eyed her skeptically thinking, she really shouldn't come with us, but if she says she can, then she can. Chris sat next to her and ate his food quickly and quietly. They caught glimpses of the other three groups of masters leaving to go start tracking the shard.
Once they were done eating Chris led the way back to their hotel. The dryad by the door opened it for them as they got close and simply nodded as they walked past. Chris nodded back and smiled.
As they approached the deck that was attached to their room, they could see Rex laying in the grass with what was probably Spots next to him, but Spots was different looking. When they got closer they could see that spots was wearing armor. It was thin black leather with very small studded diamonds throughout the leather. The leather itself faded to gray then white to match Spots natural color, so he didn't look all that different. In any case the armor was very thin and only covered his back, sides, the back of his neck and top of his head, with straps going under him to hold everything in place.

Chris walked up to the two of them and Rex thumped his tail happily in greeting and Chris reached down and scratched his ear a bit before turning to Spots and saying, "Nice armor Spots."
The raccoon tilted his head and looked back at his armor and then looked back at Chris and shrugged, "It helps me pretend that I'm still young."
Chris laughed and asked, "Does it work?"
Spots sat up on his back legs and put his front paws in the air, "Yep." If a raccoon could smile then Spots was smiling. He dropped back to all fours the said, "But I will say that it has been a long time since I have had this on. I had to loosen the straps a little."
Chris smiled at Spots then hopped over the railing to gather his things. This time he outfitted himself the way he had before the battle at the grove. It only took him a couple minutes to fill his jacket with the ammo and check his M1. When he was ready to go he went back outside and Seth was standing next to Spots and Rex waiting for them.

Up to this point they had only ever seen Seth in his long flowing robes, with his beard slightly scraggly and his long hair laying loosely across his back over the hood of his robes that he never had up. But now he was completely different. He had on black leather boots, armor and pants that were matching, studded, black leather. The studs were gold and had a diagonal pattern going down and to the sides, with two rows of larger studs going straight down the middle and the studs gradually getting smaller as they descended and went to the sides. He had on a black leather belt. There were four knives strapped to his belt. The two on his front hips were larger and clearly for hand to hand fighting. The two on his back hips were smaller and looked to be throwing knives.
The armor only covered his torso and shoulders, there was a shiny black long sleeve shirt that went all the way down to his wrists that were tucked into black studded leather bracers. There was a pair of leather gloves tucked into the side of his belt that matched the bracers and the rest of the armor, but his hands were bear at the moment.
Seth's beard was combed nicely and pulled together with a thick black band about half way down then again 3/4 the way down. His hair was combed as well and pulled into a ponytail with the same kind of band that held his beard together. There were several more bangs along his ponytail that would keep it together without having to have it braded. The bands also hid his hair, so it looked like a black cord off the back of his head.
The top of his shiny black shirt could be seen at his neck, and it hugged his neck all the way up to his hair line and jaw. In his left hand he was holding a studded leather helmet that matched the rest of his armor. It was a simple cap that would cover his head and flaps that would cover his neck. There were also two bands that would cover the nose and cheekbones, concealing most of the facial features without obstructing eyesight.
Over his back was a black cape. It looked to be of the same material as shirt he was wearing. It was a very thin material and was not studded and stopped at the back of his knees. It was scrunched up and allowed for Seth's shoulders to be seen, but it looked like it could very easily unfold to cover his whole body.
But for as cool as his outfit was what stood out the most was Seth's staff. It was polished black wood and was exactly as tall as Seth's eyebrows were. It was not like the fake wood look that is black that you would see on a table, but like it was a limb that grew from a tree and was black and then polished. The entire staff had faint carvings in it. Mostly just random patterns, but they flowed together so beautifully that here is now way it could have been random. Just above from where Seth was holding the staff there were three smooth amber gems imbedded into the wood. One could tell that the gems were larger than what could be seen, almost like the wood had grown around them, instead of them being placed. The top of the staff had a few for carvings and ended in a pointed cone top with four slits that made an X, so it was four triangle ish structures almost meeting together at the top.
Altogether, with everything on one would only be able to see his eyes, mouth and beard if it was dark. He looked very apposing and now that his robes weren't hiding his features, it was obvious that he was indeed still strong, and was not the old decerped man that he portrayed.

Chris stopped halfway through the door in shock when he saw Seth, taken in by how lethal the previously calm, kind, old librarian had appeared. Chris quickly collected himself and hopped over the railing and joined the little circle that was gathering. Seth smiled at Chris's reaction but said nothing. Chris on the other hand did speak, "I didn't know there was another side to the librarian that we all know.
Seth smiled and said, "What you don't know CAN hurt you. Except when I'm sleeping I have on this belt. So every time you have ever seen me I have had my fighting and throwing knives on my person." Seth smiled again and then asked, "Is everyone ready to go?"

Last edited:
Ilaria finished her food quickly. Chris was looking at her funnily, and she had a very momentary flash back to the night they met, the way he had looked at her when she stumbled on the way out of the bar. Was it judgement? Concern? He was one of the few people she had met that she couldn't tell. The walk back to their hotel was quiet and tense- at least for her- as she realized that this was ramping up for a war.

On a normal day, she might have chuckled at the sight of Spots in his little armor, making jokes about being old. But this wasn't a normal day, so she slipped past to go get ready. She outfitted herself with the armored shirt and her weapons, just like before, and followed Chris out again. Her head was down, as she fiddled with a button, and she physically ran into Chris's back with a gasp. He had stopped right in the middle of the doorway.
"Chris, what-" Ari snapped, and then stopped, when she saw Seth. Gone were the flowing robes and soft, wizardly hair. He looked like some kind of weird ninja or crazy wrestler, but it was actually pretty intimidating. She raised an eyebrow, and couldnt help but agree that it was odd to see him outside of his librarian role. But he was still all smiles.
Ilaria gave a terse nod, and motioned for them to lead the way.

When both Chris and Ilaria indicated that they were ready Seth slumped his shoulders and let the sleek black cape wrap around his body. He let the staff fall into the nook of his elbow and clapped his hands together. The cape shimmered and moved unnaturally against the wind. Then it started changing shape and color. The transformation took about 20 seconds, and when it was done Seth was standing there in jeans and a flannel shirt. Chris's jaw dropped again. He knew Seth was one of the best with magic, and that he had to have some cool gear, but this stuff was just to cool.
Seth chuckled at Chris's reaction. "The cape has a powerful illusionary spell woven into it. I can cloak myself or hide my true outfit. And my attire might be a bit much for regular people to see."
Chris shrugged and led the way to the car, carrying his M1 in its case. He popped the trunk as they got close and placed it in the back. Seth followed Chris and opened the back door to let Rex in then waited as Spots jumped up as well, then he too climbed into the back seat, ignoring any possible protest from either Ilaria or Chris about him sitting in the back.

It was a quick quiet 15 minutes to the parking lot that was at the head of the trail. They all got out and Seth looked around. There were no other cars in the area, so he clapped his hands again and starting from the shoulders and flowing down, the illusion fell away. He grabbed his staff and waited for someone to lead the way. Chris retrieved his rifle and slung it over his shoulder and asked, "Is everyone ready?"

Ilaria had to blink several times when Seth transformed his crazy armor into a flannel and jeans. It did make her feel better that Chris was just as confused, though. She shook her head slightly, and then followed along behind the two to the car. She had just placed her hand on the back seat handle, when Seth climbed into the backseat without so much as a word. With a glance at Chris, Ilaria climbed into the front instead, chewing on the inside of her lip silently. In her pocket, her phone started to ring. She ignored it.

The ride was quick, familiar now. When they stopped and got out, her phone rang again. She checked the name, and declined the call. She took a drink of water before tossing the bottle back into the car and then nodded. "Im ready."
When the other two were ready as well, she started walking up the trail without hesitation, scanning ahead for Elm. So far, he had always found them first.

Rex trotted out into the front sniffing around and stopping and looking things over before the group got to where he was. Seth flicked his cape all the way behind his shoulders and followed Ilaria, with Spots padding along next to him. Chris brought up the rear of the group and locked the car with the key fob.
They walked for about 25 minutes and Chris started looking around expecting to see Elmmriss pop out at them like he always did. Chris almost ran into Seth because he was looking around trying to find Elmmriss, and Seth just stopped in his tracks. "Everything okay Seth?" Chris asked.
Seth chuckled, "I applaud you Captain. Nobody has been able to sneak up on me in over a hundred years." Seth turned to his left and Chris followed his gaze and saw Elmmriss literally step out of a tree. Like the Dryad had actually been inside the tree somehow and then walked out of the wood through the bark, without making a sound. Chris couldn't do anything but stand there and be shocked. How did Elm do that? Was it a teleport spell or a portal spell. And how did Seth know he was there. I could have leaned against that tree for a meal and never known he was there. Chris's thoughts were interrupted when Elmmriss spoke.
"And I you, Master. I have passed unseen by thousands of people, for hundreds of years." Unlike when Elm first met Chris, his voice was not cold or judgmental. It actually had a hint of admiration. "I'm sure by now Chris and Ilaria have filled you in of our current situation. And if I had to guess, you want to meet me, and you want to see the Heart?" Again Elm was calm, almost polite and cheerful.
"Very true. Firstly I wanted to meet you. And secondly I wanted to ask if there was anything I could do to help with the Heart." Seth matched his tone evenly. If Seth was even a little surprised he was hiding it very well.
"There is something I would like to discuss about the Heart, but first we must get to my clearing. We can talk there." Elms demeaner had changed, he was a little worried now. Seth held his hand up and gestured for Elm to lead the way.
The Dryad walked off the path leading them in a straight line to his clearing, and he was walking at a brisk pace. Chris had to lengthen his stride, and Seth couldn't walk with his staff, he had to just carry it as they power walked along.

As they reached the clearing Chris could tell that something was off. He could still feel the magical presence. There was a significant power source here. But the small trees and flowers that were in the clearing were not moving, and some of them looked a little sickly. There were already three stools in front of the big tree and Elmmriss wasted no time in settling in and burying his roots in the grass in front of his tree. The Heart was nestled between three rose bushes a few feet away from the central tree, and the roses were not looking very good. Seth laid his staff down next to the roses and placed both hands on the glowing green stone. The stone itself was bright and shiny, much better looking than it had when they had first gave it to Elmmriss.
"He is healthy. I would say that we wait another day, and send it to the grove tomorrow morning. What is the matter?" Seth asked. Seth had not seen the beautiful clearing that Chris and Ilaria had, so he didn't know that something was wrong when there wasn't shiny red apples on the apple tree, or when some of the flowers were wilting, or when the leaves on the trees around them were spotted with bug bites like all the other trees in the forest.
"The Heart is drawing too much power." Elm said in a defeated tone. "It was slowly dying so it didn't allow for any power to heal it, shut off, trying to survive. But when if finally let the power from my tree to connect, it started pulling power instead of letting it passively flow in."
Then Seth looked around again and the lightbulb went off, "This clearing once was alive like the grove. And now the Heart is killing the tree." Seth said as he gestured to the central tree.
"Yes." Elmmriss replied sadly.

Ilaria set her face and just started walking in the general direction of where she remembered the special clearing had been, expecting Elm to appear before they even got close. Around the time she started to look around, expecting him to appear soon, she heard Chris ask Seth if everything okay.
She stopped turned, and watched Elm seem to materialize out of another tree. She raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. Sensing one another, she decided, was probably just one of those things basically-ancient-being could do. She gave Chris a glance, wondering why Elm was so much more friendly with Seth than he had been with Chris at first, but now wasn't the time to ask.

Ilaria fell in behind the group now, struggling to keep pace with the dryad. She was relieved when they reached the clearing.. and then she wasn't. It wasn't nearly as vibrant and beautiful as it had been before. And it was the Heart's fault.
Ilaria's phone rang, again, and this time, she was just irritated enough to pick it up. The moon child moved away from the group by a few yards, and spoke as quietly as she could even though her tone was fuming with anger.
"I told you not to call me."
"Yeah, well maybe I should just block-"
"Okay, whatever, what the hell do you want?"
Ilaria's face visibly paled, and her tone changed instantly.
"What?"
"No, I heard- I just- How do you even know this?"
"Huh, figures you'd go to her, of all-"
"I don't have time for this. I have to go- nice tip."

Ilaria hung up and quickly approached the group again. "We have to go. The demon with the shard is about to attack Larkspur."

Chris didn't know where he wanted his attention to be. He wanted to eavesdrop but that was rude, and he wanted to help with the Heart but Seth was doing something and didn't seem to need help.
Seth had both hands on the Heart and was muttering under his breath and his eyes were closed. Soft waves of light were pulsing from his hands to the Heart. Elmmriss was standing next to Seth looking rather worried.
Even through his spell, Seth was the first to comprehend Ilaria's words. He stopped in mid word and his eyes snapped open, and he stood. Seth was the first to speak, "I have sent him to sleep for now, but I wasn't able to finish so it will wake within a few hours, maybe less."
Elmmriss had turned fully into a tree and with their Dryad seeing eyes they could see him frowning and concentrating fiercely. His eyes snapped open and he turned back into his human form, "Ilaria is correct, an army approaches. At their current speed they will be upon the town within the hour unless they can be headed off somehow."
Chris was standing just waiting for Seth to give some orders. which he did. "Thank you for the heads up Ilaria. Elmmriss, are you with us in this fight? I need to know because you are probably the best battlefield commander we have, not to mention your skill in battle?"
Elm thought for a second. They could see the conflict in his mind. On one hand he had his duty to help and the higher since of justice that he was born with. And on the other he had feeling of resentment towards the Golden Flame, and they were now asking of him what they had so many years ago. And he wondered what would become of him once the danger was past. If he didn't help what would happen? If he did help would it really be enough? If it was enough would his tree still be here when he got back? It only took Elmmriss about 7 seconds to answer but those 7 seconds felt like an eternity when they all knew that they were about to be in a battle. Elm locked eyes with Seth, who looked back calmly and peacefully, as if he was okay with whatever the Dryad decided, and would understand and respect that decision.
Keeping his eyes on Seth he said, "Ilaria, take a small amount of power from the tree if you need it for the battle. Then transform and fly above us to the battle. Chris and Seth, merge with your companions and follow me." There was a pause as both Seth and Elm grinned at each other. It had been a very long time since either of them had been in a battle. "Try to keep up old man." Elm said as Spots climbed up Seth's side and sat perched on his shoulder.
"Raccoons are quick and nimble." Seth said with a smile. Just then Spots slipped a bit and almost fell off, but caught himself before Seth had to catch him.
"Clearly." Elm responded with another grin, and he ran off into the woods at a light jog, waiting to run full speed for when the other two caught up.
Chris started jogging after Elmmriss, giving Spots an amused glance for almost falling. Just before Chris hit the tree line Rex caught him and jumped into his back with an explosion of golden light.
Seth reached up and scratched Spots under the chin, "What do you say old boy. You think we have one more fight in us?" Spots let him scratch his chin for a second before responding, "Who are you calling old?"
Seth grinned at him and said, "Well okay then." There was no fantastic flash of light, or explosion of fire like when Chris and Rex merge. Instead Spots pushed his forehead into Seth's palm and he turned golden and just sort of melted into Seth's arm. A small gold wave of light flowed up Seth's arm then into his core. He did not glow like Chris did, but the gold studs on his armor were now brighter and as he moved they let out little wisps of light that almost immediately disappeared.
Seth turned to Ilaria, his beard now black and sleek like the fur of a wild animal. His facial features were a little pulled in and raccoon like but other than the beard there was not much change. "Shall we?" he asked Ilaria just before he ran off into the woods after the other two, spinning his staff and tucking it into the nook of his armpit so he could run. Once he caught up with the other two the group started running much faster.

Ilaria waited, frozen where she had been standing, for the other three to kick into gear and decide what to do. When they did, she gave a firm nod and followed directions. The energy from the tree was buzzy and thick- it felt like a sugar rush. She waited a moment for it to settle in her system, and then looked at Seth. She gave him another nod, and there was a soft flash. In the next moment, she was a falcon above their heads, streaking through the sky.

The approaching army was to the south of town, moving quickly through the mountains and valleys in a thick mob. At their head was a 7 foot ape-like creature, with wings and horns. The shard had given him thick rock armor, with the shard embedded in the back between his wings. It flew along above his army with a snarl on his face. The translated pages were no where in sight. He commanded almost two dozen smaller demons, vicious little minions that scrambled over the ground and over each other to reach the town.
In the town, some of the animals started to bark and yowl, yanking at their chains and pawing at the doors. Those that got free ran out into the wilderness, under the control of the rock-sharded demon. They would fight, too, until the demon fell.

As they ran Seth flipped his left and up and a small golden bird was conjured. "The demons and their impowered master rally south of town. Meet us at the border of the forest." He threw the little golden bird into the air and it streaked away at blinding speed.
The bird found the nearest group of masters almost instantly and when one of them saw it she pointed and held out her hand. The little bird landed in her hand and she and the other three masters around her could hear Seth's words as if he was standing next to them. Once the message was relayed the four of them pulled out phones and called the other groups. Then they all merged with their respective partners and headed towards town.

At the speed they were running, it only took the three of them 15 minutes to reach the edge of town and skirt the edge so they were on the south side. They waited for the other masters and for Ilaria to show up. It only took a few more minutes for the other masters to arrive. One group had actually arrived before the three of them.
Nobody said anything and Elm pretended not to notice because he had other things to worry about. But everyone was staring at him, and softly whispering to each other.

Elm had stepped away from the group and partially turned into his tree form and was focusing. Keeping tabs on the progress of the army approaching them. Once everyone had arrived Elm turned back to his human form and addressed the group. "Firstly." He let the word hang and waited for everyone to grow silent, which only took a second. "You all need to learn how to whisper, because I heard every word from all of you." The group shuffled uncomfortably except for Seth and Chris who both found it amusing. "Secondly, Seth has put me in command of this battlefield." Elmmriss waited wile everyone looked around and whispered a few things before returning their attention to him. "We are out numbered, and almost surely out powered. The key is to not die. The first wave of reinforcements is due in an hour and a half. We need to hold for an hour." The group simultaneously looked down or sighed. It was going to be a long hour.
Seth piped in, "Demons are arrogant, the leader won't bring himself down to fight us until he is directly challenged. But more importantly, the demons don't know that we are here yet. They think they are attacking a helpless town."
The Golden Flame is all about planning, they never try something without first having made a plan for it. So everyone smiled a bit and one of the women there asked, "What is the plan Captain? I'm sure you have an idea of how to use those advantages." She addressed Elmmriss with a smile.
"That I do." He replied.

Ilaira was at about her limit speed-wise to keep up with them. To out-pace them would have required something mythical, which was a lot more energy and a lot more noticeable. When they arrived at the rendezvous, she landed and stayed in her falcon form. She would need as many form-changes and as much energy as possible in the fight to come. She mostly stayed out of the way, and off to the side, of the gathering of Golden Flame masters. The silver-tinged falcon shifted its wings as Elm chastised the gossiping Flame members- if she had been in a human form, she would have laughed out loud. Ilaria listened closely to the plan, hoping Elm had some strategy to make this fight easier.

The sharded demon- Trigon, as he was called- began to sense something was amiss. Could it be that there was a power bubble? Or was he only paranoid in his new power? Whatever he sensed, it wasn't enough for him to pull back on his army's advance- at least not yet.

Elm took a second and looked around at the companions of the group. Getting a feeling for who would have what kinds of abilities wile Seth addressed the group. There were 4 that had flying companions, 4 that classified as tank, and the other 8 had a mixture of abilities.
Once he was asked what the plan was he immediately responded, "I see four tanks. Am I correct?"
Seth answered, "Yes."
"Good. Anybody specialized in shielding magic?" Elm asked. One of the women there stepped forward. Other than Seth she looked to be the oldest, and there was a small turtle resting in a cutout pocket in her armor. She did not speak but raised a hand as she stepped forward.
"The four tanks will show themselves and look like a beacon to attract the army. When you four get surrounded she will be there to shield you with magic." Elm gestured to the four tanks then the turtle lady as he spoke then continued. "We also need one ranged person in the middle of this group to wound bigger demons before they get to the group. Preferably the best we have for the job."
A thin middle aged man stepped forward. There were many knives strapped to his armor. Every conceivable way someone could draw a throwing blade without sacrificing movement and comfort this guy had. He also had an intricate longbow, with a large quiver strapped to his back. His companion was a porcupine. Like the other lady he didn't say anything, just stepped forward and raised a hand before stepping back.
Elm nodded and continued. "Wile the six of them draw in the army the rest of us will break into three groups. Two groups of four then the four flying. The two groups will flank to the sides and wait for my mark to attack. We need to be cloak and dagger about it. The enemy can't know that we have more than the six opposing them. The longer they don't know our force is larger the longer they are likely to treat this like a competition. 'Who can be the first to kill a merger.' And if they do that they won't come all at once." Everyone was starting to nod their heads look around, as if they were already deciding who was going to work with who. "The four flying will hold until Trigon louses his patients about playing with the tanks or notices the others. Because when he yells at his army to kill everyone, there will be no competition, and you four will need to help keep the tanks standing. And the two flanking groups will need to make a lot of noise to try to split the demon army." Elm paused, because the plan made it sound easy to this point, but they all realized that it would be easy because their opponents outnumbered them 6 to 1and they wouldn't be trying their hardest to start with.
Seth interjected to raise everyone's heads, "This is a good plan. Just remember that none of the demons out there can single handily beat any one of you, except for Trigon. So split their forces. Pretend to be weaker than you are. Play to their arrogance." Then Seth addressed Elm, "Where will I be, and where will you be?"
Elm responded, "You will be here at the tree line holding a mass teleport ready. When things get too hot and they will, we need you to pull everyone out." Elm waited a second wile Seth nodded and then said, "All right, lets break into groups and head out to meet these demons."
Everyone started to shuffle around dividing themselves into the group of 6 then the other three groups of four, when Chris said over the mumble, "You never said where you would be." Everyone stopped and looked at Elm wondering what role he would take in the battle to come.
Elmmriss slumped his shoulders a little before straightening up and answering, "This town has no strategic advantage. There is not a high population. There is only one reason the demons are attacking this place." Everyone was silent as they all understood what he was saying. "They are hear to kill me... So once you have all done what you can, Seth will pull you back to this point, and I will fight Trigon. He will kill me, but I will be able to buy precious minutes for more help to arrive. And who knows, maybe I'll get in a few good hits myself."

Ilaria found herself mildly disappointed- she had hoped Elm had some amazing, all-knowing strategy to make this battle more winnable. But he didn't. They would have to fight, literally tooth and nail, just to hold them back for long enough for reinforcements to show up. The moon child took as deep a breath as she could as a falcon, and tried not to feel like they were all going to die. Elm, it seemed, had resigned himself to dying to buy them all time.

Ilaria watched as the others began to split into groups, and then decided on a form to fight with. It wouldn't really matter if she was noticeable now, and she needed power and versatility. There was a brighter-than-usual flash at the edge of the clearing, and where the falcon had been sitting, stood a massive beast. Ilaria had become a griffin, standing 6 feet at the shoulder. Her plumage was sleek, silver-tinged gray and black, and it was obvious that the beak and talons she sported were designed for a fight.

She turned and rested cool gray eyes on Elm, and tilted her eagle head. She couldn't speak to him like this, but she gave him a solemn nod. The amount of respect she had for the warrior dryad was immense. He deserved better than sacrificing himself to this fight. But there was no other way. With that, Ilaria turned to look at Chris, and gave him a nod as well before moving to stand with the tanks, who she could help the most at first.

---------

Trigon hesitated, for a very brief second. He had felt a pull. He had been around long time, and knew the feeling that a large form change created. Someone, something, had just become something much bigger and more powerful than they were before.
But who could stop him now? No one, no matter what form they took. They would be batted aside just like the humans would.

The army was now less than 50 miles from the town, Trigon at the back, with almost 60 mid-level demons racing in front of him. As they charged through the forest, they began to add wild animals and lost pets, and when the Golden Flame were in position, they number nearly 80.

Elmmriss glanced at Ilaria as she changed and slowly nodded back. He had a grin on his face, but his eyes were sad and lonely. The group of tanks headed straight towards the approaching army and found a small clearing where they could help each other and not get separated. Chris went with the group going to the left and nodded to Ilaria, impressed by the form she chose to fight in, wondering if she would hold back with the other fliers or follow one of the side groups.

Once everybody had dispersed Seth started mumbling a spell, and drawing a pattern in the ground that lit up in tiny lines of golden fire as he drew. Then wile still drawing he said, "It is a good plan, save for the part where you die at the end." Seth glanced up but continued working none the less.
Elm had been standing looking out with his back to Seth. He turned around and said, "There is no other choice." He said solemnly.
Seth shrugged and said, "I could add you in this mass teleport. Or set a second one just for you."
Elm smiled sadly and let his shoulders slump a bit, "I'm tired of being alone..." Seth actually stopped what he was doing and looked up for a second and then went back to work without speaking because it looked like Elm wasn't done talking. "After my soldiers became my tree I could still hear them, all 20 of them. But slowly their voices melted into one sad, tired voice. Until it disappeared altogether." Seth slowed his work wile Elm talked so he wouldn't make a mistake and listen at the same time. Elm continued, "And now there is a good chance that the tree will die." Elm straitened up and finished with, "I want do die a warriors death. Not slowly taking the last bit of power from friends until I pass away into nothing myself."
Elm turned to walk away into the woods when Seth spoke, "You could come back to the grove?" Elm froze half way through his turn to leave and then slowly turned back to face Seth, confusion on his face. "I mean, if you live, and want to. You would be welcome to return to the grove with us." Seth went back to work so he couldn't see Elms face, but the Dryad didn't speak so he asked, "Do you want me to make a second teleport for you?"

A half an hour later everyone was in place. They could smell the demons before there was any true sign of them. A fain distant smell of sulfur and rotting eggs wafted to them with the wind as it changed, then was gone as it shifted again. Both the side groups were concealed as best as they could in the brushes far to the sides of the middle group who was just in the open. "They know we are here." Said the older lady with the turtle. The others in the group looked around. Not seeing any demons one of them asked, "How do you know?" The old woman pointed. There was a squirrel at the edge of the clearing, partially covered by some brush. It was a normal little squirrel except for the fact that its eyes were solid black. The lady stated, "Get ready. We have about 2 minutes before we have company."
There was a distant roar, which had to be Trigon, Then the first demon broke through the tree line of their little clearing, and the battle began.

Ilaria stood, stoic, next to the other large animals. She would fight on the ground with them until the other flyers appeared, and then she would take to the sky as well. Her mind was occupied by Elm, who was set on staying to fight on his own. If she stayed to aid him, would she be able to fly off quickly enough to survive? Would she have enough energy to switch to a form that would hide her? A part of her wanted to say yes, that she would stay no matter what. But she wasn't old enough to have come to terms with dying, and it scared her.

The smell reached her first, and she shifted her talons on the ground. The tension in her shoulders translated through her limbs, and left gouges in the earth under her claws. Moments later, their attention was drawn to a squirrel at the edge of the clearing. Trigon had a hold of it, there was no doubt.
The roar came sooner that she thought it would, and an instant later, they were blasted with the stench as demon finally broke into the clearing.
They seemed to hesitate, collectively, when confronted with so few fighters, waiting for them. The pause only lasted for a few seconds, and then they attacked with giddy excitement. Elm had been correct- they were certain they would win and so they took their time. The tanks had to fend off attacks from multiple sides, as demons first worked together to try to wound them on their legs to weaken them.

Ilaria clawed and snapped with her beak, but the demons were too careful at first. And then, a tank to her left drew blood from a demon that wasn't careful enough. The others suddenly grew more vicious, and started lunging for their throats and backs. More enemies flooded in, a wave of possessed deer and bear.
It would be only another few minutes before they would need serious help from the other Golden Flame groups.

From their concealed position to the left of the battle Chris and the other three masters watched and waited for the signal to attack. After the first few demons fell they started getting more aggressive and the group could start to see possibilities where the tanks defensive line would break. A small spear made entirely of wood landed in front of their group and they took that as their queue to attack. Chris had placed a silencing spell on his rifle and aimed at one of the bears that was now coming into the clearing. The shot sounded dull and muted, and wouldn't have been heard over the sounds of the battle in the middle. The bear dropped instantly. There was a small flash of gold light in its black eyes, then the black faded to normal brown, then the bear died. The others in his group did similar actions, each dropping a few enemies before they reached the fray.
The other group opposite the field did the same and they thinned the field before the rush of wildlife reached the group of tanks.

In the middle the archer had merged with his porcupine companion and was shooting an arrow almost every second it seemed. And every arrow broke into three quills before striking enemies. He wounded many enemies and as they slowed they got trampled by or tripped other attackers.
Most of the tanks had larger companions and for the most part stayed separated. The companions were stronger than normal animals of their size so it was nothing for them to hold their own in battle with the possessed wildlife, wile the people fought the demons.
The turtle lady had merged with her companion in the same fashion that Seth and Spots had, the little turtle melting into her chest from where it had been in its little pocket. She had a slowing enchantment in place, that was a lot like the distractor charm guarding the grove. Demons would rush in but then get slightly weaker and become undecisive on who or what they wanted to attack, and in their indecision they would catch a blade or a claw from someone. She also would throw out magical bursts of energy. They were circular shields with a turtle shell pattern that would hit enemies and stop them like they ran into a wall.

After about ten minutes of this the tanks looked like they would be overrun. A few of them had been injured and merged with their companions to compensate, but that meant there were fewer bodies in their ring of people and creatures. Then another spear landed in front of Chris and the others. Chris removed the silencing spell and continued firing. Rex barked a few times and then let out a howl. The others did similar things, stepping out from behind the trees and making noise to attract some of the attackers in an attempt to take the pressure off the tanks.
Then a voice from above roared, "LOOK TO THE SIDES YOU FOOLS." The demons were confused at first, then groups broke off and charged the side groups.

Ilaria fell in with the tanks, and even though she wasn't as experienced in battle as they were, and hadn't fought or trained with them before, she was able to catch on to their methods quickly.
Soon she fit right in to the ring of forces, and fought with them strike for strike.
At first things went well, but as more demons go injured, the demons remaining grew more and more serious.
More intent on winning quickly. it became harder to fend them off; two or even three came at her when before there had been only one, they started to leap straight for her throat instead of trying to get at her legs first.
It was even harder to fend of the wildlife, because she knew they didn't chose to do this.

One demon managed to get a claw into her haunches, which burned smartly. Another tried to bite her face, and left a gash near her eye. One of her claws had split, causing pain every time she struck with it.
The circle of fighters grew smaller, as others merged with their companions. Ilaria began to look toward their flanks, hoping that any second, the rest of the forces would come running out to help.

At last, the woods on either side of them came alive with noise. The demons seemed to collectively pause, confused. Only Trigon's shout spurred them onward.
At first, they didn't seem to realize these were other fighters.
Then, a few fell from the ranged attacks, and the demons began to scramble.
At first all darted to the sides. And then they realized some had to stay in the middle, and all went back. It took a few precious seconds for them to find the right proportions, and Ilaria took those for all they were.
Every demon that ran past her on its way to one side or the other was taken down with a large swipe, or a crunch of her beak. It only lasted a few seconds, and then it was back to fighting for every second.

After what felt like forever, the air shook again with a roar. The forest seemed to vibrate with noise. The rest were coming, with Trigon not far behind.

The group that had flying companions had merged and taken to the skies as the two side groups caused the distraction. Wile the demons scattered to find the others the tanks got a small breather and the flyers striked with uncanny force. They flew low not wanting to draw in Trigon yet and ran/flew through the disoriented masses, cutting and stabbing as they went, killing a few a piece and wounding several more.
Chris emptied a clip before the demons got their baring's, and another as they rushed his group. As the demons got closer however he and Rex merged, and he stepped forward to meet the new onslaught. It was relatively easy fighting to start with because the number of enemies coming at the side groups was minimal, but it only lasted a moment. Soon they two found themselves surrounded and fighting back to back and every second was a hard one.

The battle raged like this for a few more moments. For a minute it seemed that they would pull through then almost back to back one person on each of the side groups took serious hits, and two tanks took hits. A demon had managed to jump into the middle of the group and land a blow on the archer. Then the tank that killed it got hit from the back in the process.
The tanks closed ranks so that they were nearly shoulder to shoulder. The fliers had to pull back. There were to many demons looking up, and many could jump high or had some sort of throwing weapon.

A shadow covered their small clearing and then a roar.... Trigon landed next to the trees and bellowed again. It made everyone cringe. Thankfully most of the demons did too, so it didn't lead to anyone dying. "I'LL DO IT MYSELF." He roared, then he slowly started walking towards the tank group. The other demons opened up a wide hole to allow their leader to get to the mergers and they all backed off from fighting wile still maintaining a perimeter. The mergers looked around and wile the demons seemed intent on making sure they didn't run away it looked a lot like they were happily watching what was about to happen. The two side groups did the same, the demons backed off but then left an opening so the mergers could run into the middle. Which they did. They knew that Seth could execute the spell faster if they were closer. And if for some reason Seth failed to pull them out they would last longer with everyone.
Trigon in his arrogance actually stopped and let the mergers regroup. He even waited wile one of them put a bandage on another's arm, just sat there with a smug smile. "You fools. You send your greatest warriors to battle me in the woods alone. And for a creature that was discarded by your own misbegotten kind centuries ago. Whyyy?" They were all shocked that he would actually stop to talk to them, but seeing that they were here to buy time the shield lady with the turtle spoke up, "We know we can't defeat you mighty one. But we are here out of a sense of duty to the people of this town that you would destroy. We stand here ready to die in the vain attempt to stop you."
Trigon started chuckling which turned to a laugh before she had finished speaking. "Flattery won't spare you, little girl." His laugh disappeared instantly as he spoke and he tensed up getting ready to pounce. "No but it will buy us some time." She replied in almost a sassy tone.
Throughout this whole exchange they could feel something. A small tingling all over their bodies, almost like they were standing with several large fans surrounding them. Trigon sneered and lunged when she mocked him. And as he brought down a claw where the old lady had been all of them were simultaneously whisked away. The teleport was almost exactly like the fast flight, but it was a slower flight, and the landing was a bit more awkward.

As they all got their baring's they could hear the roar from about a mile away. If he wasn't mad before it was obvious that Trigon was furious now. Elmmriss emerged from the trees and said, "Well done all of you. And thank you for trying. Now retreat down the way a bit. I will wait for them here." Then Elm turned his back to the group and stood motionless, looking out across the forest, waiting for Trigon to come and face him.

Feeling battered, bleeding from the laceration on her forehead, Ilaria was almost glad to hear Trigon roaring for them. Almost, but not really. And the feeling vanished entirely when he broke through the treeline and came into sight.

He could only be described as a winged ape, with large, triangular horns at the front of his head.
Those horns had an odd glint on the end, make Ilaria squirm.
She didn't think he could fly right now- the shard had granted him heavy armor made from rock, which would protect him from just about anything the warriors on the ground could do.
How, in the mother's name, would Elm ever stand a chance?
Ilaria swallowed softly, and finally had to accept that this was Elm's suicide mission.

The chatter, back and forth, between their group and Trigon only made her antsy. The feeling of wasting time was her least favorite.
But she could feel it, the tingling, and knew that Seth just needed a little more time to get them out.
Another few seconds, and they would have all been dead.

She landed roughly, stumbling with her large body, and the injury to her back end. She couldn't even bring herself to look at Seth, just stared at Elm for a long moment before turning to follow his directions. Every piece of her protested, wanting to turn around and help him. But this was the Golden Flame's show, now, and she had to play her part.

As everybody turned to leave Elmmriss stayed motionless and stared off towards the thundering sounds that Trigon was making as he bulled his way through the forest to face them. When the group of mergers were about half way down the hill he half turned and tilted his chin and looked back at them, wondering if any of them would be looking back at him. To his surprise all of them at some point looked over their shoulder or stopped and looked back. Odd, I never expected them to care. His thoughts were interrupted when a couple trees came crashing down and Trigon pushed his way out of the forest and up the hill a few feet. The remaining demons slowly followed but stayed well back from their master. Trigon slowed his mad rush once he saw Elmmriss at the top of the hill, then stopped about 25 yards away from him. The golden flame stopped at the bottom of the hill and started healing each other and looking up at Elm waiting to see how the duel would unfold.
"I was beginning to think you a coward. Letting mortal weaklings fight your battles for you." Trigon said with a sneer.
"The true coward here is you Trigon. Attacking innocents just to kill someone who has not lifted a finger to demon kind in over 2 thousand years." Elm replied coolly. Elm widened his stance and held his arms out to his sides. Then he grew... Hardened wood, that looked like it had been burned grew around his body completely covering him in armor. His facial features became concealed as a helm grew up around his face then peaked at the top of his head. The black armor grew out away from his body like branches and then folded back towards his body in overlapping patterns to make a fierce but beautiful design. Once his armor was on all the way he was a foot taller and much thicker than the slim slender creature he was before. Once his armor was complete he pulled his left arm in front of his chest and a shield grew out from it. The shield was shaped like an elm tree leaf, and had ever so faintly the sword and flame symbol engraved in it. From where they were the golden flame would not have been able to see the carving, but Seth smiled faintly because somehow he just knew. With his shield fully formed he held out his right hand and a spear formed, it looked like the ones he had used earlier but this one was clearly more deadly. It was covered in barbs and the point was much sharper and it generally looked stronger. This form is why they are called warriors Dryads. The prosses only took a few seconds to grow his armor, then another few seconds to grow his weapons. Trigons nose twitched in frustration at Elms comment and he charged just before Elms spear was fully formed, and the duel was on.

He beat his wings to help push him faster but couldn't actually fly because of how heavy his armor was. Trigon rushed straight toward Elm with astonishing speed for a creature his size. Elm waited patiently for his opponent to meet him and spun deflecting the majority of the blow from a claw with his shield. Trigon stumbled awkwardly and Elm drove his spear into Trigons side. This was not Elms first time fighting something bigger than him and it looked like a sound and easy victory... Elms spear splintered and broke into hundreds of little fragments, the tip stabbing in only an inch or so before the shaft of the spear broke. Now it was Elm who stumbled, and Trigon spun around to his left after getting struck on the right and hit Elm square in the chest with a back handed blow. Elm went flying through the air like a ragdoll, he landed in a crouched position. There were cracks and a large dent in his chest and he stayed crouched wile his ribs regrew and popped back into their rightful position. Trigon just stood there and laughed, "You really think that you can defeat me?" He said as he started walking towards Elm.
Elms head snapped up and in one motion he jumped up and spun in mid air and hurled his shield straight at Trigons head. The edges of the shield sharpened as it flew through the air. It too shattered when it hit Trigon, but the demon wasn't expecting the attack and the shield hit him in the forehead and dazed him ever so slightly. Elm ran directly at Trigon growing a spear in each had as he did. Trigon recovered as Elm came upon him. He slashed out at Elm with his left claw and Elm slid under the blow and stabbed up into his underside with one spear which again splintered. He finished his slide and went under Trigons back legs. He stood and stabbed his remaining spear into the back of Trigons knee. The spear did break but it sunk in a bit before it did, and Trigon howled with pain and spun round, hitting Elm with his wing, pushing him to the ground. Trigon lowered his head and charged intending to gore Elm wile he was still on the ground. Elm was able to stand, but not able to dodge, so he grabbed both horns and pushed back. The two of them stood locked in a battle of strength. Elm sinking roots into the ground and holding steady wile Trigon beat his wings and pushed, just trying to plunge his horns into Elms chest that was only a few inches away.
For a brief second Elm looked like he was actually stronger, and started pushing Trigons horns back away from his chest, then his wrists cracked... Trigons horns were misting with poison, and wile Elm was able to resist for a wile the poison actually ate away at is arms until his wrists broke. There was a terrible cracking sound as his left wrist broke. Elm pushed with his right in an attempt to move the horns to the side of his body and only partially succeeded. One horn stabbed into Elms chest and Trigon actually fell forward, rolling over Elm and pulling his horn out as he tumbled over Elm. Elm stood and then fell to his knees. Trigon awkwardly regained his footing and spun around expecting to be under attack again, and then he chuckled again, seeing his opponent defeated. Elm had no left had and his left arm was turning an ashy color. There was a hole in Elms chest where the horn had gored him and slowly his body was turning the same ashy color as his arm was. His armor started falling away, starting with his helmet then from around the wound. Trigon started slowly walking toward Elm and stood towering above him, then he raised a paw with the terrible claws brandished and ready to deliver was would certainly be a killing blow.

As Elm fell to his knees everyone rushed forward to go help him and they were halted by Seths voice cutting through the noise and stopping them, "Hold!! There is nothing we can do. He chose this."
Everyone stopped but Chris asked, "So we are to just let him die?"
"Of cores not." Seth replied as he held up a hand that had had a stone in it. The simple gray stone burst into fire and Seth pointed at Elm.

As Trigons claw came down Elm burst into flame, and disappeared. Trigons blow landed in the dirt and he screamed in frustration. A fiery figure appeared next to Seth then as the fire went out they could see that it was Elm. Elms armor was now completely gone and he was still suffering the affects of the poison. Trigon locked eyes with Seth and he charged, all the demons following in his wake.

Last edited:
Ilaria watched the fight with a stony expression. She didn't move, didn't finch, didn't say a word. It was hard to tell what her face was hiding, just that it was hiding something.
In truth it was hiding several things- guilt, anger, relief. But she couldn't show those things, not to an entire force of Golden Flame.
The only time her face moved was when Elm truly fell, and then her expression hardened fiercely. Unlike the rest, she didn't take a step forward. She stayed where she was, didn't leap to help. He had asked it to be so.

She was, admittedly, a little surprised when Seth did pull Elm out. But it didn't last. Drawing Elm out of harm's way only put them back in it.
The other warriors and herself steeled themselves, seemed to take a collective breath, and then moved to meet the demons once again.

In just the moments before the forces clashed, there was a strange feeling in the air. A tingling, a brightness, almost. And then to their side, hundreds of Golden Flame members appeared, fresh and ready for battle. They swarmed into the trees, and then onto the demons, pushing back them and the remaining animals with unbelievable vigor. The tide had turned in their favor. Now they just needed that rock.

It was the air force first. About 50 Golden Flame merged with their companions flew over their heads and shot, threw, or stabbed at varies demons as they washed over the advancing army. They gave Trigon a wide birth and even though he jumped out to attack them, they were able to pull up and dodge. As the fliers finished their first pass the ground reinforcements arrived. They rushed forward only pausing for a half a second to look at Seth for instruction. He waved his hand forward and the charge continued.

Three mergers however didn't join the fight. They calmly walked over to the group and asked, "Seth, Is anyone hurt?"
"We'll live Rose, but is there anything you can do for him." Seth said pointing to Elmmriss.
The lady that had been talking had on long white robes and walked quickly over to Elm with her robe flowing behind her. She knelt down and took his arm where it was broken off, and place another hand on his chest. Elms chest had healed, there was no longer a hole, but the poison was getting him. His color was fading and one could actually see the poison taking over in some places and others where it was being healed, but overall the poison was spreading faster than it was healing. "I've never seen this poison before..." Rose said with a worried look.
"Rock... Acid..." Elmmriss managed to gasp out the words with obvious pain in his voice. Roses face lit up because she knew what that meant, but then grew solemn because it must have been really bad. "I'll survive... Cut it out.... Then pack it... With sticks..." Elm laid down/fell to the side and pulled his hands away from his chest so she could see what she was doing. Rose pulled out a serrated knife. It looked like a stake knife, but twice as big with more of a saw and tip than an actual blade. She motioned something with her hand and one of the other healers went to Elms head and mumbled a little spell, and with a little wave of golden light Elms pain seemed to dissipate. Then Rose stabbed him in the chest and sawed open a circle where the would use to be. Elm grimaced in pain and the healer at the head whispered the same spell, but it had little affect. Then she pulled out a spoon/ladle looking tool and started scooping out his insides. She was pulling out little twigs and shards of wood, but as they were removed they broke down into a liquid and she tossed them to the side. The ground where she was dumping started to smoke, and the dirt even started to devolve as the poison was eating away at the soil. Soon there was a hole in the ground and she must have pulled out over a gallon of whatever this poison was. She would have kept going, but Elms eyes closes and his grimace went away and his arms and head fell to the sides limp. Wile this was going on the last of the tree healers had walked off and returned with several long thin branches, that appeared to have been cut from live trees. "Quickly!! Five inch pieces. Pack this hole." Ross said. The three of them rushed to break apart the branches and pack Elm. Wile they moved quickly they were very organized, taking turns and not bumping each other. Once the hole had been filled the two others stood and put their hands on Roses shoulders and power started flickering down from them into her. Then she whispered something and her hand which she had been holding together in a cup in front of her chest filled with golden light. She then dumped the liquidy energy onto the sticks that were now protruding out from his chest because they had packed it higher than his chest wall. The energy flowed down through the branches and devolved into Elms body, returning some color to him in a small wave. "All We can do now is hope he wakes up." Rose said, "Unless there is somewhere that is a place of power that will heal him close by."

Meanwhile on the battle field Most of the small demons started retreating. Either running away or making little single portals and leaving. "COWARDS!!! Stand and fight these pests!!' Trigon yelled. But none listened to him. The mergers let the demons go that were trying to leave, but that just meant that any that stood to fight were cut down quickly. Soon it was Trigon standing in the middle of a crowd of about 200 Golden flame that had surrounded him, and another 50 that were flying overhead. Seth had left the small group soon after Rose started her work and now calmly pushed his way to the front of the crowd to confront the demon. "Surrender the shard, and you will be set free. No prison. No hobble. No tracking." Seth was calm but firm. For a moment Trigon looked as if he was going to take the offer and glanced over his shoulder between his wings where the Earth shard was in-bedded in his back and covered with rock armor. Then his face hardened into a sneer once more and he said, "I may be defeated here if I fight you. But I'll take the lot of you WITH ME!!" he yelled the last few words and pounded the ground with his fists, sending a wave of energy directly at Seth. The energy turned to solid stone before it got to them and a large flat rock was falling on top of them. There was nothing magical about the rock, so Seth jumped up into it and struck it with the butt of his staff and it broke into several smaller pieces, and the others were able to dodge or break some of the bigger pieces from there. Trigon started to charge, but stopped when every single Golden Flame started shooting him. Collectively there was not enough power to hurt him. But it was like a cloud of explosions around his head and chest that made him stop and try to cover his face. He looked like a bear swatting at a cloud of bees, waving his hands around in front of him. But that didn't last long when he just lowered his head and blindly charged, just pushing through and ignoring the little shots that were just bouncing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back