• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I know how you feel." He offered a nod and smile as he got off the bed, offering her and hand to help her off. She could see a set of scars on his shoulder, old and faded. But far from indistinguishable. 349. "Come on. Lets get you a nice warm shower. Ok?" He offered, hoping to get her mind off the man of her fears. That and he wanted to see her reactions to water springing forth from the shower head.

Lila's face had started to return to normal at this point, the red color fading slowly. She offered a kind smile to the gorilla as he talked about making her "right as rain." It was a cute saying, and for some reason it felt vaguely familiar. She disregarded it though, substituting the thoughts with more about Ben's words. He didn't want things to change? Did that mean he didn't like her? Had she read the signs wrong? She let out an inaudible sigh and pressed her palms to her temples, feeling a headache of her own starting to form. She wouldn't allow herself to get all worked up again. It was late and everyone was tired, they were probably both just acting far out of character. Satisfied with this logical approach, she smiled at Ben and stood up from his bed. "I would greatly enjoy spending more time with you. I hope you're able to sleep well." She gave a small smile before exiting the room, heading down the hall towards the door that had been left somewhat ajar. The light sound of running water seemed to make the crow more aware of her own filth that seemed to cake her skin. Lila had considered asking Lucy about her gorilla dilemma, but figured it could wait until she had had the chance to shower as well.
Johnathan blinked it genuine surprise this time. Had the wolf just chuckled at Jonathan's jab? It certainly not what he was expecting. If anything he thought it might have ended with Ben trying to hold back the snarling wolf as he booked it down the hall. That hadn't happened though. Maybe he had been wrong about Hunter. Sure, he made poor choices and was menace to society, but maybe he was alright... Nah. Johnathan gave a small wave to Lucy as she left the room, smiling impishly as he usually did. Once everyone was gone Johnathan looked over to the bed Hunter had been resting on. All amusement wiped from his face as he realized that this was his bed. The covers were slightly strewn about, splotches of blood spotted the blankets and the entire thing wreaked of dog. "You win this round." He mumbled to himself.

Marie's eyes drifted up to him once more, her gaze shifting quickly to the scars all over his body that she didn't notice before. Where did they come from?? Why does he have them? She had so many questions cross her mind and was gonna ask some before the males attention was drawn away to a thing called a shower. "You're gonna have to teach me another thing Hunter, what is a shower." She asked. She wasn't being rude, or snarky towards hunter and this was the first time she hasn't lashed out at anyone. For once all anger had risen off the females face and she was genuinely curious.

He smiled widely at the question, "something you'll come to love." He said leading her to the bathroom. There he turned the hot water on as he watch marie for a reaction. Once he achieved such he turned his attention to the valves amd changed them to what he felt would be a desirable tempurature. At least for himself. "Ok. So this knob change how much hot water comes through and this one cold. Fiddle with them until you fidn the right temperature." He explained. That was more then he got the first time round, which was just a go get clean and door shut behind him.

Ben was pleased with the response he got, both from Lila and the rest of the group. From Lila he got a nice smile and he was feeling better about their relationship as he turned to talk to the others, he failed to notice her mood and face change. From the others he just got mostly silent action, a few nods and small goodbyes but that was to be expected with this bunch. As the other half of the group left he turned his attention back to Lila, he could talk to Johnathan in a few minutes. Ben turned back just as Lila spoke, standing up... that seemed off, her voice was kind and so were her words but it just didn't sit right with Ben for some reason. Had he said something off? Or was she upset about something else? Was she even upset at all? He tried to answer all his questions and just ended up with the expected for this situation and his state, mental static and silence. That might have been for the best, with his exhaustion and lack of ideas he would make something worse. So he just responded with, "Great! Goodnight Lila, I hope you sleep well too." and a kind smile, he would wait on finding out the best course of action, whatever that was, in the morning. Giving Lila a final wave as she left the room, the gorilla turns his attention to his feathered roommate and his scowl at the bed that would be his for the night. Ben said sympathetically, "Sorry man, I'd offer you mine but if I try to stand I think I'll fall. And I don't know what would be worse, me crushing you as you tried to catch me or the fury Lila would rain on the both of us for letting me stand." He let out a laugh hoping that set the mood of the room, he didn't want any animosity between himself and the raven, he certainly wanted to try and be friends but he just wanted to know if Johnathan felt the same. They hadn't had the best introduction, that was mutually decided to be put in the past but Ben was just being cautious.

Last edited:
Lucy

After a few short minutes, Lucy stepped out from the bathroom, wringing water from her hair. She made a beeline for one of the beds, collapsing onto the soft mattress. In no time at all she was completely wrapped up in the blanket, with just her face free from the covering. "Hey, Lila." she greeted the other girl, exhaustion showing through her voice. "Bathroom's yours for however long ya need it." She said. "If ya like sleepin' with the window open you can go ahead, i don't mind it." She mumbled, already beginning to drift off. Lucy was the kind to go to sleep early and wake up with the sun, and with the events of the day weighing on her, the soft darkness of sleep was all too alluring.

Marie's eyes widened when water started pouring out when Hunter only turning a lever. She got closer to it and reached her hand out to it slowly to see if it was good water. Water coming out of nowhere with no close water source confused her. Her hand came back quickly as she felt that the water was warm, hot even, but felt good. Her even more confused gaze drifted to Hunter as she wondered why on Earth do they need such a thing inside. "Am I supposed to drink this? Why does it need to be warm? Why do you guys need such a thing? What do I do with it?" She asked.

He smiled with a chuckle, finding Marie's naivety cute. "No. No, you use it to clean your self with, that and it's relaxing." He explained as prepared for the possibility he'd have to help Marie bathe. It wasn't an outrageous idea, he'd had to learn all the ins and out of hygiene once as well.

Marie half-way gave him a look of her knowing what to do before looking down at herself. Bathe herself? What does that mean? Does he want her to get herself wet then that's it? She looked back up at Hunter to see his hair was damp, confirming that she needed to get in the water. She made a distasteful face as she realized her clothes were about to get soaked and she thought it was crazy to do such a thing before starting to climb over the edge of the thing that was keeping the water from going everywhere.

Hunter pulles her back before her clothes could get soaked. "You might wanna remove the clothes first." He noted witha. chuckle, "I'll give you a quick run down of everything." He picked up a bottle of shampoo, "this is to clean your hair with, just pour the content and scrub." He explained and did the same for the body wash. "Don't let it get into your eyes. It'll sting. And make sure to rinse it off afterwards." He finished explaining, giving the watee a check. Still warm. "If you need help call me." He walked out leaving the door cracked open a smidge.

Marie huffed in annoyance when he pulled her back. Isn't that how she is supposed to do it? She listened to him explain that she needed to undress then get under the water. Now... that made more sense. She listened to him tell her how to wash herself before walking out of the area and left the door cracked. Marie stood there for a minute before taking off the new clothes she got and put them up on a higher up place so they stayed clean. She then climbed into the water once more, feeling the warmness hit her bare skin. a smile spread across her face as it felt amazing. She stood there, letting the water soak into her hair and her skin. she was enjoying every minute of this before picking up the shampoo and looked at it. She then started to wash herself like Hunter instructed. It felt good to scrub the soaps into her skin. She watched all the dirt wash off of her and down the whole in the bottom until the water was running clear again. She stood there for a minute longer before looking at the dials to turn it off. She didn't understand how to at first until she remembered how Hunter turned them on and turned both of them the opposite direction until they stopped moving and the water cut off. She was pretty pleased with herself to do that on her own before she stood there in the tub. Her body was dripping water. Was she supposed to dry off that way? She shrugged before she shook herself like a dog, flinging water everywhere from her hair but not her body. it was harder to shake yourself dry if you don't have fur everywhere.

Suddenly a towel flew into her face, "fogot to mention, use that to dry off." He explained from the other side of the door., having tossed the clothe blindly. He walked away from the door and sat on his bed, staring at the wall as he let himself sink into memory. The shoulder with his serial number facing the bathroom door.

Marie growled when a towel flew at her face, hearing Hunter speak on the other side. She looked at it and wondered why a piece of square cloth was used to dry herself. She shrugged to herself once more before rubbing it all over her body and then through her hair, drying herself off enough to where she didn't drip water everywhere before slipping on the t-shirt she has and ruffled through the clothes until she found her under-clothes tight shorts. she didn't want to put the jeans back on, was gonna wait until the morning to put those on. She walked out of the bathroom to see Hunter sitting in his bed, her blue eyes traveling over him before going to both exits in the room. she wanted to make sure that both of them was secure and that no one was trying to come in through the open barrier that Hunter opened earlier. She sighed in relief when she realized that everything was secure before back to Hunter. Her eyes were fixed on the number on his shoulder. She wanted to ask what it was but decided against it, moving to the other bed that Hunter wasn't in and carefully got on it.

"Feel better?" He asked after a moment, his eyes tracing her form before darting back her eyes, emerald staring into sapphire. He didn't want to over whelm her, but she'd have to learn quickly. He wanted to help her anyway he can. Give her what he didn't get. Someone to talk too about it. "I know it's not easy... knowing someone's after you. The person you fear more than anything is chasing you down. Fear that you'll wake up with a their knife in your back... or worse back in a cage...." he leaned forward, resting he elbows on his knees. He suddenly looked older than he really was. His eye were tired. Weary. Each visble scar told a different story. Stories of trials and tribulations. Stories of victory through strength. Those under his bandages told stories much the same. But the oldest scars? A story similar to hers. A story of a man used as a tool. A weapon. The story of someone who escaped that life, but not without losing something important. Something that broke him.

Last edited:
Marie looked away from Hunter as she curled her body up into a ball as he spoke about having a knife at her throat or being back in a cage. she didn't want to look at him as flashbacks raged before her eyes. She closed her blue eyes and shook her head. "Hunter I will not end back up in a cage. I would rather have the knife at my throat and gladly take it before I get thrown back into a cage." Her blue gaze opened back up to look at hunter lean on his knees. Marie's blue eyes were glassy, tears forming and pooling up on her bottom eyelid. "I would rather take death than be back in his hands." Her strong voice cracked and faltered as she finally looked away from him before laying down on the bed with her back to him and closing her eyes. Her body was on edge and sleep was nowhere near her mind. He was near, outside the invisible barrier somewhere. He was waiting for her to slip up and get caught into one of his traps. She knew Hunter was there, she knew he understood what mental battle she was fighting. She couldn't bring herself to ask questions. There was no time to get to know people who could disappear at anytime. She saw all the scars on him, she knew he's been through something similar but she didn't want to bring it up. She could tell he was trying hard to get the female wolf to open up more and she was on the verge of just spilling everything but the floodgates were being blocked by something. Her harsh mind and her cold-heart towards anything and everyone was still trying to take over.

He pursed his lips, "i know, but I'll make sure neither of those come about. You'll never have to worry about him again." He stood up and walked over to the window, closing it. "You'll live a free life." He stated with a conviction in his voice as the window clicked against the window ceil. "All you have to do is trust me. Can you do that for me?" He asked as he stared past the pane of glass into the sleeping town of Evergreen. He envied those people. They didn't have to worry about these types of things. Fighting to survive, only to get beaten for it. Looking over your shoulder just to make sure you were safe. Part of why he became a mercenary was to keep moving. He wanted to live a peaceful life. Maybe build a small cabin in the woods. Make a living through farming. Or possibly life in a sleepy little town wgere everybody knew everyone. No. Those were pipe dreams. He knew that. He accepted it. He accepted his place in life. He turned to look at Marie. There was hope for her, and God be damned if he wasn't going to make sure she could live a life she wanted.

Last edited:
Marie didn't reply to him, she couldn't choke out the words. She would trust him, she was trying to at least. She just kept her back to him as she laid there. In her mind she was telling him okay, but at the moment she couldn't bring words to come out of her mouth. She was glad he was there, she didn't feel so alone anymore yet... She did. It was still in her mindset. She's never had someone tell her such things as Hunter did and Marie was battling emotions she never felt before. She didn't know what to do with them as her body shivered from the overload.

He bit on his tongue as Marie started shivering, with a silent sigh he walked over to her shifting as he did. His claws clicking against the hardwood floor before his weight sunk into her bed. He laid down his back against hers. He wouldn't let her be alone. He wouldn't let her think think that he would break his promises. He'd protect her. He'd help her. She wouldn't survive... she would live.

Marie tensed up as she felt something press against her back and her blue eyes shot open. She felt fur brush up against her bare legs before turning her head to see a huge form of a wolf next to her on the bed. He had his back to her so he didn't see the small smile form across her face as she turned and buried herself into the males fur, closing her eyes once more as warmth took over her body. This is okay, it'll be okay. His huge form hid her body from the view of the window, in-case anyone decided to look in. She wasn't sure if he was asleep or not but in her mind one of them had to keep watch. She listened for as long as she could. She listened to the sounds of the nightlife outside and before long the girl drifted off to a restless sleep as she was so comfortable and warm.

Hunter smiled to himself as he felt Maries burie her face into his fur. Her breathing evening out into the telltale sign of sleep. He stayed up until about midnight before fallowing suit. His eyes drfiting close and away to a dream of a better life. A new life. Whether or not that dream involved marie was something he'd forgot by morning.

Last edited:
Lila raised an eyebrow as she watched a bundle of blankets call out to her about using the shower. She gave a small nod before looking towards the bathroom. Lucy sounded rather tired so her questions about Ben would have to wait. "Thank you," The crow mumbled lightly before continuing into the bathroom, ruck sack in hand. Once inside she came in contact with her reflection. So this was how everyone had seen her for the pass few weeks. Her blonde hair was ratty and dull, face slightly dark from the dirt and sweat, and glasses smudged beyond belief. It was remarkable that she could even see through them. The awareness of her own filth made her skin itch. She couldn't stand feeling this disgusting for another moment. She quickly peeled the clothes from her body and climbed into the shower, determined to scrub every inch of her body.
Johnathan blinked in surprised as he heard Ben apologize. A light laugh escaped him as he considered what Lila might do if she found a flattened raven beneath the gorilla. It was an amusing thought for sure. "It's fine," he waved a hand dismissively. "It won't kill me." He stuck his hands deep in his pockets, something he did commonly, looking around the room. "So showering," He began. "I'd say you could go first, but can you make it to the doorway?" Johnathan raised an eyebrow curiously. "I mean, I guess I can help you to the door, but from there," he chuckled to himself. "Just try to keep the eyes above the belt, alright?" He added jokingly. Of course he promised Lila he would help Ben in whatever he needed, but this felt like something far out of his jurisdiction.

Ben let out a small breath when Johnathan laughed back, so things are going to be good between them, good. Ben truly wanted friends out of all his new travel mates, he really didn't have anywhere to go and wandering the roads with a small group of people he trusted seemed much more enjoyable than going alone. This way he also didn't have to be alone with his thoughts, he had always wanted friends to help him keep sane and acting like his normal self but he had always been shy about making them. People didn't seem to keen on making friends while traveling the road and thus Ben had come to stay clear, but with this group we was kinda just shoved in their way and he just hoped to stick. The last of Johnathan's words caught his attention, w-was he flirting with me? Ben took a double take but his rising temperature slowly cooled as Johnathan laughed it off, 'I mean I would be flattered but... I've only got the mental strength for one "more than friendship" for now.' He let out a quiet laugh and hoped his faced hadn't flushed too much, "Well I mean I'd be happy to shower first, I think I can get these cuts wet..." He shrugged, hoping he wasn't too off point in saying that, "I think I can get standing on my own power..." Ben took a breath in and held it as he swung his legs of the side, already he could feel his side starting to hurt again as he slowly pushed up with his arms. He could lift himself easy enough with just his arms, but having to go slow to spare himself some tearing pain in his side made it quite difficult. Finally having his feet land on the floor he stood up but immediately felt a rush of blood to the head and almost doubled over as his vison swam and he placed his shoulder against the wall to steady himself. He waved Johnathan off with a hand, to be honest he couldn't even tell if the raven moved to help as Ben could only just now blink his vision back into focus. He let out a shaky breath again, "Th-that was rough..." letting out a small chuckle and then gathered his strength again. He pushed off the wall with a grunt and made it a good few steps to the far edge of his bed, he had about the same distance to cross to make it to the bathroom but had nothing to hold onto this time. He turned towards his bunk mate and with a shy, if slightly disappointed in himself, smile gave Johnathan a nod to ask for his help.

Last edited:
He watched with mild curiosity and amusement as the gorilla seemed to grow flustered. Seemed like it didn't take much to make Ben turn red. He decided it might be best to hold off on anymore jokes as he watched Ben try to stand. "I can't imagine that getting them wet would be too bad, just don't let them soak or anything." He shrugged, giving the best advice he could in a subject he wasn't well versed in. The raven's eyes widened as he watched Ben stumble and double over. The thought of Johnathan being flattened seemed a bit more realistic now as he rushed to his roommate's side. Quickly, he wrapped an arm around Ben as he placed his other hand on his shoulder, trying to keep him up right. "Woah, careful now." He mumbled. Johnathan was a little hesitate to let go as Ben waved dismissively, but after a moment he stepped back. He remained close by as Ben drudged his way towards the door. The shy smile on Ben's face was a clear indication of his need for assistance, but had this been a normal situation Johnathan might have faltered into his old habits of playing dumb just to simply be a pain in the ass. Johnathan casually strolled over and stuck out his arm for the ape. Once he took a hold of his arm, Johnathan slowly led him to the doorway of the bathroom. "Alright, this is our stop. If you need me, just shout I guess." He shrugged with a small smile.

Ben expected to hear a witty remark from Johnathan, it wouldn’t have bother Ben much to hear it and in fact he felt like he deserved some chastisement. But it never came, Johnathan was silent and kind and quick to jump back in and help his injured and stubborn roommate. Ben was slightly surprised and almost said something to point out the fact but decided it wouldn’t amount to anything, just take the kindness and don’t think too much into it. So Ben straighten himself up again as Johnathan approached, grimacing as his side gave out a large wave of protest. He took the the raven’s arm, a slightly amusing sight as Ben towered over the other male. His amusement was short lived as Ben knew if Johnathan let go then he would be screwed. Almost doubled over and struggling to just get to the bathroom, a true picture of the towering wall of muscle and strength that Ben seemed to portray. Ben nodded as Johnathan spoke, he hoped he wouldn’t need to but the shower seemed like a place where he could slip and be in real trouble. At least in the bathroom there were a lot of objects to hold onto, so Ben could stand with a slightly quieter pain in his side. He gave Johnathan a small, “Thank you” as he closed the door and started to strip for the shower. As he stepped in the water had a nice calming property that helped him ignore the reason he was resting his arm against the cold shower wall. He smiled as the grit and dirt was washed from his hair, far more than he thought. “I must look gross...” he mutters through the torrent of water. He carefully cleaned his body, trying his best to keep the wounds out of the water and succeeding for most of the shower. A few stinging mistakes later and he was out, dry, and ready to crash in bed again. He stepped out of the bathroom in just a fresh pair of pants, he knew he would just ruin any other shirt he put on. “All yours Johnathan, I’m doing a little better so I can make it around by myself now. No more bird pancakes to be had.” Ben laughed as he slowly made his way to his bed and sat on the side.

Johnathan gave a small nod as Ben thanked him. It was odd, being around so many new people. Though that wasn't really the strange part. The strange part, he supposed, was the fact that some of them were starting to care for him: appreciate his existence. He hadn't had that sort of thing in a long time. It felt like another life really, though it left a bitter taste in his mouth.
The crow finished her shower feeling both refreshed and entirely exhausted. What an oxymoron. The blonde dried her hair as she exited the bathroom. The bundle of blankets seemed to be fast asleep now. This, oddly enough, brought a small hint of a smile to Lila's face. It was enjoyable having companions around. She had to remind herself though, that this would only be for a short time longer. She had her grandfather to return to and look after. He had spent so many years looking after her, so it was only appropriate that she did the same. Her heart weighed heavy at the thought of leaving this life behind. Although her only true friend was Ben, and possibly Johnathan, it was pleasant being surrounded by others with similar goals and a general respect for each other. Lila sighed lightly, climbing into bed. It was probably for the best. They would all forget each other soon enough.
With Ben out of the bathroom, Johnathan did his best to make his shower quick. The fading light was quickly draining his patience. He just wanted to be unconscious already. The shower was quick, though he didn't have weeks worth of filth to wash off like the others. He reentered the main room, stretching his arms over his head. "Finally, time to get some shut eye." He called out in the midst of a yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back