• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The gentle feeling of the ape's large hand engulfing hers caught her by surprise. She opened her mouth, ready to scold him for moving when she had strictly told him not to, but the look on his face made her mouth close. A soft smile pulled at the edge of her lips as she gently squeezed his hand. She giggled softly at the sweet compliment. Clearly the blood loss was getting to him. She hushed him lightly before whipping head around at the thud of her bag. In a rush, she pulled her hand free from Ben's, something she wasn't too fond of doing, and scrambled to open her bag. Once open, she retrieved a clear bottle with a transparent fluid and a large needle syringe. "Try not to look, alright?" She warned as she inserted the needle into the rubber cap, drew up some of the fluid, and proceeded to inject it into the large vein in Ben's forearm. With that done, Lila replaced the materials into her bag and substituted it with suturing material. "The fluid I just injected into you was codeine, it's the fastest acting opioid. It'll start working right away, but it'll only last for a few hours. So when that happens let me know and we'll trade out for something longer lasting like morphine." She glanced up at him, making sure he understood. With the formalities out of the way, she began quickly suturing up the cuts along his forearm. "Thank you, Marie." She commented lightly over her shoulder.
Some time in between all of the madness Johnathan had joined the group. He watched casually as Lila sewed up Ben's arm, removed the tourniquet, and started working on his chest. The raven took a quick glance around the area. Everyone was here, even Lucy. Though it looked like Ben wasn't the only one had been injured. Although Hunter appeared to be just fine, so he supposed the gorilla must have gotten the brunt of the attacks. It sounded accurate; he was too kind. It was going to get him killed if he wasn't careful.

Ben's smile broadened as he heard Lila giggle quietly, although he immediately wanted to hear it more, knowing that he made her laugh and smile was doing more than any medicine could do. He heard Marie arrive and drop the bag a few paces away, Ben felt he should turn and greet her but he didn't have the strength nor the want to turn his head away from his avian companion. He felt his hand cool slightly as she quickly got up and went to grab her bag, he stared at his now empty hand for a few moments until she returned and his immediate thought was to tell her he wished she never left but that would be stupid to say. Lila rummaged in her bag for a moment before pulling out a bottle and a needle, Ben gulped slightly as he was in no way a fan of needles but he felt he would look childish and silly for being scared of it. So he did as he was told and looked away, biting his lip as he felt it puncture his arm, if he wasn't immobile for the time being he wouldn't have wanted anything to do with that needle. He nodded, regaining his composure as the needle was put away, "Codeneneine, got it!" he gave a goofy smirk to Lila knowing he got it wildly incorrect but wanting to see if she would correct him. He watched her for a moment as she started to work on his cuts, feeling the pain start to dull and dampen as the medicine took effect, out of the corner of his eye he noticed Johnathan approach. He smiled at the raven boy, hoping that their truce was still good, he would be talking to him if Ben wasn't currently being stitched up.

Lucy​

Guilt began to weigh on Lucy. Seeing the state Ben was in was hard to connect with herself. She didn't know whether to feel responsible or not. She looked down at her paws, flexing them and watching her claws push through the fur. She could feel her large fangs in her mouth, wondering how badly she'd bitten him. Hunter only had the injuries across his chest, as far as she could tell, and as he stood without treatment she was beginning to worry. Surely that's a little too much blood. Lucy shifted back to her human form, her hands and face numb and tingling. Balling up her hands and moving her face to clear up some of the numbness, she moved to support Hunter. She didn't try to hold him up, he was doing that well enough on his own, but she did want to be prepared in case the blood loss was too much. "Got anything for one more set of scratches?" She asked. Lucy wanted to give Lila some space, seeing her distress at the state Ben had been left in.

"I'm fine." He assured Lucy, Lila had ben covered, he could handle his own wounds back that the inn. "You seem to have this handled so I'll head on back to town." He commented before waling away. The blackening around his vision was getting worse. He felt sluggish and stiff as he walked, tripping over a root when he failed to lift his foot high enough. He cursed to himself but continued on.

She couldn't help but smile at his attempt at the word. "Close enough," her voice was soft and kind. The sudden sound of Lucy silenced her, wiping the happy look from her face. Her cool eyes flicked over to Hunter who was stumbling off. It seemed that his state was worsening. "Of course, he'll have to sit down though. Lucy, grab him please. I don't imagine he can put up much of a fight." She stated dryly, reaching into her bag for gauze, codeine, and a needle.

Lucy

She cringed at Lila's flat response, lowering her head as she jogged past to fetch Hunter, who'd left them behind on his way back to town. Lucy was disgusted by what she had done, at what not-her had done, and at the fact that not-her was her. Ferality left a gross taste in her mouth. She wanted to spit it out but it lingered, gritty and bitter. She watched Hunter stumble and trip, and lengthened her stride to catch up faster. "Just let Lila patch you up for a minute!" She pleaded, reaching out to put a hand on his shoulder. "She has medicine and can sew you back up." She reasoned. It felt strange, being the one to injure him, yet also left reeling from his wounds.

Hunter jerked his shoulder put of Lucy's grasp, "i tokd you I'm fine." He retorted, looking back at her before sighing. "I can handle it," He smiled and placed an arm on her shoulder, "trust me." He truned and continued to walk, his eyes continuously glancing down to check his step. When had the forest gotten so dark? He didn't care. He tripped again, this time not on a branch but his own feet. He stared at the ground as he held hinself up with his hands. Drops of blod splattering against the ground. He was panting. It was hard to breath. His ryes traveled to the small pool of blood forming under him and sneered. The Wolf forced himself back to his feet and continued, his stride shakey at best, using a tree to support himself every so often.

Lucy

"You could handle it a lot better with something to stop the bleeding!" She said, wishing that she had some bandage strips or some gauze on her to at least try and slow down the bleeding. Lucy couldn't tell how far they were from the hotel, and looked back over her shoulder at how far they had gotten from Lila. "Please, Hunter, look at yourself." Lucy added. His front was stained dark red, droplets falling from his shirt, which was soaked and ruined. The front of it was open from where her claws had slashed through it, exposing the deep wound. Any sane person would have consented to treatment by now, and Hunter was beginning to frustrate her. She felt bad enough without him making it so difficult.

Marie finally realized that they were trying to get Hunter back, the female wolf growling as she could hear him refusing. The white wolf ran towards Lucy and Hunter, her blueish white eyes staring daggers into him. "You're being a me right now." She spat at Hunter, taking a step towards him and Lucy. "Like how you guys forced help and medicine on me, we will do it to you." Her too lip quivered into a snarl as she looked at him with determined blue eyes.
kenryuko kenryuko Seabourne Seabourne

"I can bandage myself up." He walked passed his fellow lycan, only getting about a yard away before his body finally decided to give up for him. His vision went black, fading in and out as he hit the ground again. This time unable to gather the strength to get up. "Damn it..." he muttered, glaring into nothingness. "I'm better than this... I've dealt with worse by myself." While that may have been true, he was also usually able to get his wounds bandaged relatively quickly. The last thing he saw before his vision went completely dark was Marie and lucy coming to drag him back.

The crow's cold, golden eyes followed the two until they were out of site. What a nuisance. Though, she should've seen it coming, considering how prideful and emotionally driven this supposed "leader" was. If he wanted to die then so be it. He wasn't her problem. She would simply find another mercenary who wasn't such a pain in the ass. Johnathan had since moved in closer to the two, offering a small wave in return to Ben. "Need any help?" He asked lightly, crouching beside Lila. "A guide with practical reasoning." She responded rather plainly. Pride was the bane of all humanity. If people could just put it aside and accept help from others, Lila was certain the world would be a better place.
The light sound of someone being dragged along the ground pulled a small smirk along her lips. She managed to hide it away when she turned to find Hunter passed out on the ground. Recollecting her materials, Lila moved over to Hunter. "If you had simply accepted my help in the beginning you wouldn't be in this predicament now would you?" She knew he wouldn't respond, but asking it felt cathartic. "And now here we are, wasting more time than necessary. Do you think blood loss is an easy thing to heal? You may think you're invincible, but you aren't. You'll die just like the rest of us. And your stupidity will end up getting those around you killed too." She continued her barely audible mumbles as she made quick work of his wounds.

Ben was starting to feel better, more like himself again, the pain had started to get to manageable levels and he was grateful for Lila, her kindness and knowledge, and her 'Codeneneine' as he had called it. He smiled, remembering how he had made Lila laugh even if only for a moment and that moment seemed to be gone as Lila was clearly upset at Hunter and he could understand why. He was being stubborn and prideful bordering on being asinine, but he knew there was nothing they could do it was the way Hunter was and the only person who could change him is himself. So there was no point in being upset and frustrated by something so simply immovable as a stubborn person set in their ways of 'I can handle anything because I have to be the strongest around', although it did pain Ben to see Lila like that, frustrated and angry, and he wished he could do something about it. He wished he could make her feel better but he knew he was in no condition to rise and go comfort her, much less would he know what to say. So he did the next best thing, clean up other messes to he would be able to completely focus on Lila when she needed him, He returned Johnathan's wave and beckoned the younger male up closer so he could talk without the others hearing him. Turning his head towards him slightly as he approached he asked him tripping over his words as he felt completely out of his element. "Hey...umm...Johnathan... you know about... girls right?" He mutters under his breath, "God that sounds so stupid..." "M-making them feel better I mean... when they are upset..." He feels a lot of warmth and color returning to his cheeks and almost says 'wonderful timing' out loud as his blood returning to his face is surely showing off how awkward he must feel. "It-it's just... Lila is feeling pissed at Hunter and... and I just don't know the protocol for this I just... I'm really clueless here... I mean I know what to do for one kind of upset but I..." He stops, realizing he is staring to ramble.

"You know you'll get in trouble." Replied a weak voice to Lila's questioning. His emerald eyes were dull. cold, harsh... dead. This wasn't the man the group had been with these past few weeks. This was someone else. "The keeper will have your head when he find out about this.... heh... you always had a way with words Maddy." He gave a weak smile, as his eyes grew just a little bright before closing again. If lila were to look closely, under the blood and many battle scars Hunter had accumulated over time she would see several outliers. Surgical wounds, needle scars, what looked like runes dug into his skin.

Marie was out of Lila's way and no where near to hear the conversation. Being with the group calmed her nerves a bit but not enough. She was still on guard with the danger that was out in the forest. Everyone else was licking each others wounds, no one would be paying attention if something dangerous came up. The white wolf snorted and circled the group, a low growl rumbling in her throat as the stench of that master of hers rolled into the clearing. She could feel eyes on her and could hear that laugh of his ringing in her head. It made the wolf shutter with fear but wouldn't let that stop her. Marie was trying to be more open to these people. They saved her and now put themselves in danger with her old master, they were on the same path as her. She will treat them and protect them as such like how they protected her.

Johnathan raised an eyebrow curiously as the ape waved him over. He glanced around at the others before casually strolling over. "What can I do you for?" The raven questioned, a nonchalant expression on his face. Of course it didn't last long as the gorilla's stuttering and shy demeanor made him grin childishly. He couldn't help but chuckle before responding, "Yes, I know how to comfort girls, but with the way she's holding those suturing needles I wouldn't suggest getting too close to her. Once she's done, and she's not holding anything potentially dangerous or life-threatening, I can go talk to her if you want." Johnathan understood where Ben was coming from, and it was sweet seeing him become so concerned and flustered over the crow. "She'll be fine though." He placed his hand on Ben's shoulder. "Trust me, I know girls." He added with a cheeky wink.
Lila almost jumped when the wolf began talking. Her mouth opened, ready to fire back at his seemingly narcissistic comment, though as he continued to talk it was obvious he wasn't actually conscious. "Seems like this isn't your first time getting others hurt." She mumbled to herself, taking note of the different medical incisions that scarred his skin. It was obvious what kind of work was done based on the size and location of each scar, but the only thing Lila couldn't figure out was why he was so reckless after surviving such horrifying actions. She supposed there were some missing pieces to this puzzle. Whether she would ever hear them, she didn't know.

Ben nodded as Johnathan told him what he thought was best, although his laugh only worsened his blushing, "Thanks man... sorry be so forward about that... I just was out of my element in a big way. I've never really had someone make me feel the way I do about Lila and actually reciprocate it... to a certain degree at least, this is just where my limited knowledge ends..." He pats the hand on his shoulder with his own, "Only if you want man, you don't owe me any favors so don't feel any push to do so." Ben gives him a kind smile before sitting up straight, despite the protest in his body he tried to stay as quiet as possible knowing that Lila would probably scold him for moving, although it would be nice to have her fussing over him again. He liked her company and wanted more of it, having someone by your side who cares about you... and likes you Ben hoped... was really calming and heartwarming. Ben could feel his excitement building, he wanted to go and build a stronger relationship with Lila, get her to laugh again, go to the market with her, anything to be around her. He stopped himself, painfully so but he knew what happened when his mind started racing like this, letting out a long breath as he sat in a more comfortable seating position he just watched Lila. The care she took in her motions, the fluidity and sureness, he smiled knowing she was in her element where she wanted to be. Helping others in ways he never could and ben couldn't be happier for her, but he knew he had someone to help as well and this one he could help without a needle or sutures. He could help with this in his way. His eyes flicked over to Lucy, he hadn't talked to her since she changed back and he could only imagine how upset she must feel about everything that has happened. It wasn't her fault of that Ben was sure but it didn't hurt to be told as much, he raised his voice and called Lucy over adding, "If I get up Lila will yell at me" He gave a goofy grin to Lila and waited for Lucy to join him, but as she walked he noticed Marie looked very disturbed by something... he shook his head, one problem at a time Ben. He smiled at Lucy as she came closer to sit with him and Johnathan, help her feel better and then move on to help Marie.

Lucy

Marie tried to help her convince Hunter to accept help, but it was in vain. Hunter fell to the ground. Lucy, afraid he had blacked out, quickly moved to check if he was still breathing. She heard him mutter to himself, which was good enough for her. With Maries help she moved him back to Lila, but felt too awkward to stick around and help any. Not that she would be a very good doctor. Luckily she had the perfect opportunity to slink away, hearing Ben call for her. Ben, she knew, would forgive her, but Lila seemed to still be upset, for good reason. Legs folded under her, she sat where Ben could see her face without having to pick up his head or turn to the side. Like Hunter, a considerable amount of blood covered his person. It was so hard to believe that she did it. She hung her head, folding her hands in her lap. "I'm sorry." She said, quiet and forceful. Apologizing didn't come easy to someone so prideful. "I should be able to control myself, I'm sorry that you were injured due to my inability to shift properly."

Ben watched as Lucy sat down in front of him and he listened to her apology, "I accept your apology Lucy, but in all honesty there is really nothing to forgive. You tried something dangerous, shifting like that after so long things were bound to go wrong, I'm just sorry you were feral as long as you were. I know that wasn't you, and I know you never meant to hurt me, you were just scared and confused...", Ben leans forward and places a hand on her arm. "So I'm sorry too Lucy, that you had to go through something so traumatic like that and I hope you are doing alright. I hope you don't give up on your beast form though, I'm sure you will get it eventually!" Ben smiles genuinely before continuing, "And when you do master it we will have a great fighter on our side, considering how much you messed up Hunter and I!" He laughs softly before resting back against the tree. "No worries ok? We will just need to work on it all together, to keep you safe and secure for when things get a little bumpy for a while. Then I can see you being invaluable to this group! N-not that you aren't already!" Ben adds quickly, realizing that could be taken as an insult, "S-sorry..." He mumbles shyly, trying to melt into the tree for a while just to avoid his own embarrassment. "Would you mind checking with Lila about Hunter's condition? Or even you could ask her Johnathan..." Ben shrugs, his brain had run it's course for a while, he wasn't going anywhere quickly today but he felt like a burden to the others. At least he could offer his kindness and comfort to those who wanted it, unlike Hunter who seemed to be muttering quietly during his nap on the dirt.

Lucy

"I'm fine." She said, a bit indignantly. Her headache was beginning to throb, but she just grit her teeth and kept things moving. The animal within her still paced, waiting for a chance to leap free. It stuck with her, even now that she'd shifted back and come back to lucidity. "But I don't think Lila wants to be bothered right now. She's acting different." Lucy quietly explained, looking at Lila from the sides of her eyes. She wasn't certain if the medic was upset specifically with her, or just upset that Ben had been hurt, but either way Lucy was at fault. She didn't pay much mind to Johnathan, but when Ben mentioned him she looked him over. Nothing about him especially jumped out at her immediately.

Lila's head perked up as she heard the gorilla talk about moving. She looked over at him and feigned anger, glaring at him. Hunter's wounds had been properly tended to at this point, and now all that was left was to move him back to the inn and possibly start him on an IV. Johnathan had noticed the sudden decrease in the crow girl's seemingly bad mood and decided now would be the best point to try and comfort her, as requested by her not-so-secret admirer. He carefully trotted over to her before dropping into a squat. "Is he gonna make it, doc?" He questioned with mock panic. She let out a soft sigh, "unfortunately." Johnathan understood that she was simply frustrated, based on her character she would never wish such a fate on anyone. "Well at least now we don't have to worry about where to bury him."He shrugged before chuckling. This comment earned a slight smile from the blonde as she gave a small nod. "Very true, but who's going to carry him back?" Her golden eyes flicked up to see the sudden tired look form on the raven's face. He groaned quietly while the crow simply laughed.

Ben wasn't convinced by Lucy in the slightest, he could see her clenching her jaw avoiding the subject but he decided to leave it be for now, no point in getting her upset with further questioning. Ben only hoped that she would open up to someone before her emotions got the better of her, like his had, Ben looked down at the cuts along his knuckles. They were certainly going to bruise and possibly even scar, he seemed to be getting a lot of scars today and he hoped these were the last for a good long while. Ben watched as Johnathan made his way over to Lila, 'Good' he thought, 'She needs some consoling and I'm not in a position to get close enough to talk to her', Ben felt contented for the moment. He was going to rest up and then they all were going to make their way back to the inn and crash, Ben sure knew he would, the gorilla grew a small smile at the thought of a nice comfy bed... a warm meal and rest to help heal his wounds and head. He was tired, emotionally and physically, today had been long and quite taxing. He pondered the thought of his bed for a few moments but then his whole demeanor changed, he heard Lila laugh... and it wasn't his doing, glancing up and noticing Johnathan talking with Lila, a smile on her face as they talked. 'No... you shouldn't be doing this, he's just being nice... she's probably laughing at something stupid he said but... when has Johnathan ever spoken wrong...never...' the gorilla confirmed to himself through gritted teeth. Jealousy and rage suddenly filled him again and his clenched his fist hard trying to calm himself, the cuts on his knuckles open up again sending fresh drops of blood down his fingers. 'Why am I doing this... he asked himself, why... does this happen when I start to care...' Ben didn't bother to try and answer himself this time, he was too tired to care how or why, all he wanted to do was let the anger slide over him like a comfortable blanket. Frustration and anger would be his guide now... 'no point in using your stupid brain when you're too tired to care anymore!' Ben yells in his own head, it felt good to feel this anger and jealousy pulse around his brain unabated, just let it all flow through him and see where his thoughts ended up. It took care of all the thinking for him... no more comforting, no more infinite decisions, no more confusion or doubt or anything... just peaceful self-reassurance. What was the old saying he had heard so long ago, 'Righteous in wrath?', that's the one... so simple and easily justifiable. Ben grinned again, but this time it was different more cynical and hateful, just him, his rage, and what he was directing it at. No, not just Johnathan, it wasn't that simple, see in this space Ben felt he would rip the head off of anything that stood in his way. What did he want to get to? Didn't matter. Did he know every detail about his plan, or know how it was all going to play out? Nope, but now he didn't care, letting this fuel burn in his chest and his head felt warm and energizing. He no longer felt tired, no longer felt the slashes on his chest or on his arm, no longer cared that Lucy was upset or that Marie was panicked about something. It took a lot of him not to laugh openly at Hunters body, after all the smug prick deserved it, lights out for a bit while the actual adults clean up your mess. And thus Ben sat, brooding and growing in fury, and it would take a lot or a lot of time to turn him around, but he was content with going on the ride.

Marie dragged herself once more out of her fear driven state and looked over at Hunter, Lila and crow boy. She brought her big paws over and switched into her human form, looking down at Hunter's half conscious state. She chuckled at his mumbling before looking at Lila and the crow boy when they were talking about carrying him. "I'll help." She offered in a gruff and quiet tone. It felt weird to her to offer such a thing, but she was trying.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Johnathan's smile quickly disappeared, as if someone had taken a rag and simply wiped it off his face. "Well you'll be working with me." He slowly rose from his crouch and slipped his hands in his pocket. After their first encounter he figured he wouldn't waste his breath on charm. It seemed pointless. Her mannerisms irked him to say the least, but maybe this was an attempt at redemption. Carefully Johnathan stooped down beside Hunter, grabbed one of his arms, and hoisted him up so that he was leaning against the raven. "You can get the other side." He offered, curious to see if she would retract her offer.
The sudden change in the raven's demeanor caught Lila off guard, though recalling what had taken place at the inn she was generally surprised that Marie even walked over to them. Carefully Lila stood and thanked Marie before excusing herself to check back on Ben. He was acting rather strange. She could tell by her occasional glances back to him. He was quieter, more introverted, but not in a shy way. Something felt off, and as his current physician and honorary best friend, it was her job to find out what was wrong and fix it! Lila sat down beside him, crossing her legs. "How are you feeling?" Her gaze had soften as it normally did when she was around Ben.

Marie showed no reaction or facial feature to Johnathan as he mentioned she would be working for him. She didn't understand what she would be working for, but she just wanted to help carry the damn unconscious wolf man. She walked to the other side of Hunter as Johnathan took one side. She lifted Hunter with ease before waiting on Johnathan to do the same. She gave herself a reputation in this group, which made her happy as it showed they wouldn't fuck with her in the wrong way, but harder to gain some trust.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Ben glanced up at Lila, "It's nothing don't worry about it..." He glanced over and saw that Johnathan and Maire were picking up Hunter's limp body and were getting ready to carry him off. Ben felt a smug smile pass over his face at the incapacitated wolf, "Time to get up?" he asked at nobody in particular and without waiting for a response Ben stood up. With a loud grunt and even louder protests from his body he stood and started to walk away leaving Lila behind him at the tree where he had spent his last few hours. He didn't even bother to think about if Lila wanted to help or if she would be upset at his sudden departure, he had tuned all that out and just focused on one foot, one step closer to crashing into his bed and not bothering with anyone. He gave a sideways glance at Lucy and almost let his painful wounds turn into hate for the Leopard girl but he held it back, only just though but he wasn't ready to burn that bridge yet, only if she did something stupid like shifting again if he wasn't there to tackle her before she fled or worse hurt someone else. Ben turned his head and glanced at Marie and Johnathan, both arguing silently over how and where they should hold Hunter, "I hope they drop you..." He grumbled quietly under his breath, but he didn't really care if the others heard him, he was to angry to care what they thought. He kept walking, much slower than he would have like and at this point his side was screaming at him to stop, but he kept walking trying to use his pain as more fuel keep fanning that fire of rage in his chest, tighten that knot of stress in his gut. But, frustratingly, Ben let out a shaky grunt and had to slow his walking to an almost crawl-like speed and wanting to go faster dug his heels more into the dirt to push himself harder. Of course all that did was stretch and twist his torso more and it took most of his will to not audibly cry out in pain, He paused for a second, already panting and clutching his side even thought he had only done 20 feet of walking, He went to move again but the pain made him stop his movement before it had even started. "Damnit..." was all he groaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back