• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

kenryuko

another day, another life
The world of Dacorna is poplulated entirely by a species know as shifters, people who can transform into a beast at will. To some this beast is a weapon, or a comfort. To others it is a corruption, a disease. It matters not what it truly is, but how you use it, what the beast is to you. That's what matters. Remember, every one has a wild side, so what's yours?

The sun rose with a crow a of a rooster, whether or not it was a person or actually rooster was of little concern, regardless the people of Dacorna were rising and getting ready for the day.

As the morming sun turned turned to midday sun, the sounds of hoots and hollars could be heard from inside the local tavern. At one of the table sat two men, hands grasping each other ina battle for dominance. "You ain't gonna win boy." The bear, or rather bull if the nose ring was anything to go by, taunted, earning a smirk from his much smaller, blonde opponent. Suddenly there was give and the bigger man's hand hit the table, "bulls maybe strong. But the wolves will run you down." He taunted back, earning more shouts from the crowd the two gathered, both of success and angry at the loss of money. "Drinks all around! He's paying" the blonde shouted as he placed an arm around the defeated bull.

Last edited:
A black mamba was coiled around a tree branch. As the suns rays hit its eyes, they opened, light flashing off its blood red pupils. It then transformed into a dark haired man, lounging on the branch with his hands behind his head. He yawned and rolled over, falling off the branch and landing on his feet. He walked past a recently dead body of a man, slumped against the trees trunk. Blood trickled out of his mouth. Klarion snorted and shoved his hands in his pockets, wandering further into the forest.

Lucy

Lucy stood behind the counter at the tavern, cleaning a glass as she listened to the clamor of the patrons. A group was arm wrestling, seemingly betting on who would win or lose. She heard a loud thunk, and an exclamation of victory, followed by the promise for a round of drinks. Lucy rolled her eyes and set down the glass, readying herself to prepare a whole taverns' worth of drinks with her one co-worker. It had already been a long day, and she was only halfway through it. At least there would be a good profit for the owner, if the contest continued with the promise of a round at the expense of the loser.

The drinks flowed with mirth the air until the doors to the tavern slammed open, it was the guards, with none other that their one eyed captain, Leonidas himself. The fun stopped almost instantly as everyone was shifted or partially shift turned back to full humans before they could get slmed for shifting inside the capital. "What's all the ruckus here about?" The lion's one good eye scanned the room searching for anything that displeased him.

Lucy

"Just some tavern noise!" Lucy shouted, surprised that the Guard dropped in to investigate. Sure, it wasn't a dump, but she didn't exactly work in a high-end tavern, either. "You lookin' for someone?" She asked, hoping there wasn't anyone in the tavern who was wanted. They were pretty close to a bad area, after all. There were some shifty looking people there, but nobody looked like they were trying to hide, or they were just very good at keeping a straight face.

"Yes... your employer actually." Leonidas said after a moment, his eyes catching with Hunter's, glaring at one another., "the taxes were raised recently and he hasn't paid." One of the grunts explained as the glaring match continued. Taxes had been on a major rise recently and the people were getting restless for it. "We're here to seize the property."

Klarion wandered through town, whistling nonchalantly. He spied the bar and wandered over to it He opened the door, shoving past the guard as he went. He plopped down at the bar and grinned at Lucy, “One beer, my pretty.”

Lucy

She feigned shock, knowing that this was not the first time the owner had failed to pay taxes. "Uh, he's not here!" She answered, which was not the truth. The owner was in the back room, passed out drunk. Lucy held no love for him, but didn't want to lose her job because the slob hadn't paid taxes. "Come back another day!" She said, hoping to buy some time to convince him to pay up. Nobody liked the taxes, but there wasn't much room for struggle. You paid or you suffered, and many businesses who couldn't pull their weight found themselves shutting down.

As she finished speaking, a man walked in and ordered a drink. "Keep the compliments to yourself." She shot back, turning away to get the drink. "It'll be two coins." She informed him, looking at him over her shoulder, and also sending a glance at the guards. Lucy prayed they would leave and come back the next day. Or never.

As the guards started to leave Leonidas halted them. "If he's not here then he won't mind if I go get the deed, will he?" His eyes glancing at her and the new comer, "Draxxon." He sneered as he saw the telltale symbol on the mercs clothes.

Klarion pouted, “I was just bein’ nice dollface.” He flicked two coins across the counter to her. He grinned, “but you’re a feisty one i like you.” He put his feet up on another stool and side eyed the guards, “Thugs with armour those lot.” He growled, “slit their throats if I get them alone.”

Klarions red eyes slashed into Leonidas’, “Is that spite I hear in your voice?” He smirked at him, “How petty one resorts to that.” He spat in his direction.

Lucy

She snatched up the coins and pocketed them, setting the drink down for Klarion. Addressing the guard, she replied curtly, "I'm not sure Mr. Drenor keeps the deed here, we have a lot of thieves in the area, you'll really have to ask him about that". Lucy knew they were on to her but had to try, if she got caught then the consequences would be bad, as she could be considered an accomplice. "I'm certain he can pay if you come back tomorrow."

"Says the snake" The captain retorted before walking to the owner office, "i believe i can find them myself." He assured Lucy before opening the door, not paying the drunken owner any mind as he called for the other guards to search the premises and get the patrons, and newly unemployed out. "Leonidas doesn't take No for an answer." The blonde from before commented as he walked over, grabbing the beer in a fluid motion and taking a swig.

Klarion snatched it back, "Hands off my happy juice bastard." He turned to the guards, "Yknow I'm just gunna sit here." He took a long sip of his beer with an amused expression on his face, "And just watch."

The blonde shrugged and turned his attention to Lucy, "So... any idea what you're gonna do now?" He asked her as he leaned on the bar counter, "i mean, Kitty boy over there isn't gonna bother you too much now, doesn't care about the inbetween, just the results. And you didn't exactly impede his search either."

Klarion twirled a dagger in his hand, "Hey Kitten!" He called over to the Captain, "One of your men still owes me y'know." He smiled, playfully, "And I'm not as generous as you when it comes to debts." He turned to Lucy, "I mean if you run now, you'll get headstart from them." He shrugged.

Lucy

"Oh, you reckon thats any business of yours?" She snapped at the blond, not knowing what she'd do next. "Just my luck, eh?" she muttered to herself, taking a handful of coins from the box where they kept the days payments. She wasn't gonna miss out on a paycheck just because of the owner not coughing up some coins to the king. From the other side of the counter she hears the man who bought the last beer the tavern would ever sell taunt the guard. Then he suggested she run. She looked between him and the door, caught between her options. Should she?

Klarion put his beer down, "If you want dollface I can distract 'em." He winked at her, "You'll owe me though." He smirked and eyed the guards, "Tick Tock dollface."

Lucy didn't get the time to make a choice as the Draxxon Merc was suddenly sent flying though the wall from the captain's backhand, "i don't have time for maggots." The lion muttered, "saw that coming." The Blonde smirked as he saw the snake land on the other side of the road before drinking the rest of the leftover beer.

"Goddamn it!" He whined, getting up, "This is my favourite fucking jacket!" His red eyes flashed, "Was that needed?" He threw a knife that smashed through a window and slammed into the lions shoulder, "Bastard!" A loud hiss escaped his mouth as he brushed himself off.

Lucy

"Hey, hey, hey!" Lucy shouted, trying to break up the fight. Working in a tavern gives you that sort of reflex after long enough. "Calm down, the both of ya!" She yelled, jumping over the counter a little clumsily.

Leonidas mere yanked out the blade and crushed it before tossing it away like trash, as if he were picking off a spit ball. Anf it annoyed the captain just as much, "Ya ain't gonna beat him anytime soon scaley!" The wolf shouted before turning to Lucy, "In all fairness you probably needed this. There are better places to get paid, i mean if the beer is this watered down," he gestured to the now empty bottle, "think how watered down your pay was the entire time?"

Klarion randomly burst through the ceiling, landing next to hunter, "The bastard ripped my coat." He dusted himself off, "MY coat. I sure do hope you're gunna pay for that. Might i remind you one of your men is in my dept."

Lucy

"Money is money" she said to the blonde with a shrug. She usually stole a few coins throughout the day anyway, just enough not to get noticed. As Klarion dropped through the ceiling she jumped back at bit, looking wide-eyed at the hole he'd left. Sure, she'd been in some crazy situations before, but this was the strangest yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back