• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
She’d turn her head at the audible howl coming from behind her, along with the scuttle of heavy feet across the forest floor, moving quickly in one direction. She reasoned that this howl came from a shifted wolf, and that she shouldn’t worry.

Kay would begin channeling the energies of the wilds, her senses increasing in sensitivity, her movements and reactions would quicken. “Come with me,” she said to Katie, “Something isn’t right, I can feel it.” She’d motion for Katie to follow as she began running in the same direction of the wolf.

Livrax Livrax

Ignoring the comment, her now empowered keen senses were intent on tracking down the beast that was near not so long ago. Beasts of the wild do not act in such a manner, hoping that this appearance was not coincidental and that this was the wolf she was looking for.

Katie mulled it over in her head, before deciding to drop her meat and chase after the wolf. If it was the same wolf as before, it’s persistence and aggression could be a danger to others in the future. She’d have to put it down. She would’ve still been given enough gold to live if she brought an end to the danger.

Gwen gave a smile, "Well aren't you the defender of the downtrodden, you stick up for all the girls you meet like this? Hoping to get something in the form of payment?" Her voice changes to a mock innocent tone, "Oh thank you for saving me sir! But I have no way of repaying you, I'm sure we can think of something~" She glanced at his casual stance, not bothering to hide her gaze and shrugged, "I guess I could help, I can really go anywhere with these on so if I find Hunter or this Slaver guy I can use their heads to break them off. Hunter's head surly seems dense enough and the big bad is probably no different." She gave a soft giggle, "As much as love they air of mystery, doll face wouldn't be my first choice, my name is Gwen." She brushes a lock of hair behind her ear, " So shall we go save the princess o strapping young knight?" Gwen gives Johnathan a smirk before turning to the others of this group, "I think I know the clearing you are talking about so I'll be able to bring them all back when we've found princess." She turns to the girl who made the plan, the one supporting the tall guy, "You set up shop there and help big boy here back to 100%, we may bring some unruly company back with us and those biceps would surely come in handy." She gives the big guy a wink and laughs at the reaction he gives back, 'You people are turning out to be quite fun, sticking around might not be so bad. If they decide not to throw me in jail that is...' Gwen turns back to Johnathan, "Lets go handsome, wouldn't want to keep the princess waiting!" She calls the last bit over her shoulder, running off in the direction of wolf-boy.

Ben mentally kicked himself, he was being stupid and withholding valuable information, Johnathan was right he needed to know more. "Y-your right sorry, you need to know what you are getting into. I guess I'm just not thinking straight. When we saw him last it was all knives, traps, inflated sense of self-worth and a unending amount of facades to hide his hatred of Marie." He tried to smile at his comment about being funny before he died but it struck a cord with him, Ben places a large hand on the Johnathan's shoulder, his eyes sad and worried. "D-don't die please, just stay safe ok?" Ben lets his hand fall, feeling that he had acted far too weird and not gotten what he had set out to do. As his hand fell so did his spirit, 'Ahh... I just weirded him out now... I just... don't want any more friends to die... and I just made a few new ones, that I can't keep safe and... what's the point...' He slowly tries to rise out his negative thought spirals and glances back up as Lucy and Lila talk, "Yeah... sitting out of the way sounds nice..." He turns as the new girl says her name, Gwen, and he is surprised as she approaches them to talk. 'I mean I'm sure Lila can get me all fixed up and...' his thoughts stop before he has a chance to say them. Her compliment causes him to stammer a small, "S-sure thanks..." and her laugh at him only makes his embarrassment worse. He watches as she leaves as quickly as she came, and turns to Lila hoping to move the conversation away from his embarrassment. "L-lets go find that spot..." He gives Lila a shy smile and can't help but wonder if she felt the same way as Gwen and just didn't know how to say it. 'No that's stupid cut that out...'

Lucy

Beginning to feel justified in her hatred of Gwen, she sneers at the woman as she ran off to catch up with Hunter. Sure, let her go. "L-lets go find that spot..." Ben stuttered. Lucy couldn't exactly recall the spot Lila had mentioned, but trusted her memory. The crow had always seemed like the observant type, although Ben interrupted that at times. It seemed like she was much more quiet and withdrawn before he'd shown up. It was nice to see her come out of her shell a little. Lucy was fond of the woman after traveling with her for so many weeks, and was a bit sad to think that they might not stick together once they returned to Gemono. Ben was also beginning to grow on her, with his goofy mannerisms. "Alright!" she said, clapping her hands. "A mile or two isn't bad. Hopefully in the time it takes up to get there they can find Marie." She said, walking down the road where, not even a day ago, they'd arrived in Evergreen. "By the way, Lila!" Lucy called, "Do you still have the herbs you needed?"

Johnathan's eyes widened slightly as Ben started apologizing profusely. Clearly it had struck some kind of chord. It was confusing at first, watching this behemoth place his hand on the raven's shoulder, but once he caught a glimpse at the emotion in his eyes, Johnathan smiled kindly. "Don't worry, I'll be perfectly fine. Scouts honor." He punched Ben's shoulder lightly, hoping that was enough to ease whatever battle he was fighting at the moment. Johnathan rolled his eyes as he listened to Gwen's playful banter, but a smile hung loosely from his lips. "Oh yeah, I only work with the highest of prices, so we'll have to debate that later." He couldn't help but nod in agreement with the comment on Hunter's incredibly dense set of wits. He would've loved to indulge in the insult battles, but the "princess" awaited. With Gwen's attention now on the other's he looked around, trying to think of the best route to take. These thoughts were only interrupted by the velvet soft sound of a teasing voice. He turned to catch the gorilla begin his usual stammering. Looked like everyone knew how to play this boy. He chuckled to himself before running off with Gwen to try and find Marie. "I'm gonna head, see if I can catch anything." Before she was able to respond, Johnathan shifted mid run and began flapping his enormous white wings. The bird quickly gained altitude, soaring above the tree tops for any signs of the white wolf. After a number of minutes a howl pierced the air. That annoying sound can only belong to one person. The raven swerved in the air to redirect himself in the direction of the wolf.
Lila had been far too busy considering the best route to take and how to later comfort the clearly saddened ape that she almost missed the small comment the new comer, Gwen, had made. Her eyes darted from the flirtacious woman to Ben, seeming to glow for a moment with some kind of emotion. His face was flushed and he was stammering again. Her skin prickled, feathers threatening to pierce through her flesh. She had to fight the urge to shift, prying her eyes back over to Lucy. Lila had no idea what feeling had just overcome her, but she knew she didn't like it in the slightest. Her heart pounded against her chest once more, though not in fear or what she thought might be affection. This felt white-hot and searing. It consumed everything inside her. She blinked a number of times, coming back to the conversation she was supposed to be a part of. Whatever had been burning inside of her was quickly extinguished as she processed the question posed to her. "No, I don't." Her voice was soft, almost defeated. She had come all this way for one thing and she had failed in acquiring it.

Katie would catch up to the druid rather quickly. The forest was practically her home, so she had no problems maneuvering around it quickly, even with her injury.
"Hey!" She'd shout toward Kaleylle. "Are you mad?! Why in the world would you chase after a beast like that?!"

She’d stop abruptly, the scent of the dire wolf still lingering upon her enhanced nose. “I was told Hunter was a wolf. I’m putting some form of chance into it being more than a coincidental encounter.” She’d say, while sniffing the air with a worried expression on her face.

“Something doesn’t feel right. I’m feeling omens to be careful. Come with me, we must protect the fabric of nature around us. I can explain later, I promise. We have to catch up to that wolf.” She’d say, moving to continue the chase.

Livrax Livrax

"That might be the same wolf that did this to me." She'd claim while motioning to her damaged arm. "You really wanna search for something like that?"

The dragging stopped. Marie could feel it. Her limp bleeding body was tugged once more before slammed against wiring. One of her red splotched ears twitched at the slamming of a metal door and a faint sound of feet crunching on the ground as something or someone walked away from her. She wasn't herself, nothing felt real anymore. A slow whine escaped out of her lips as a slight pang of pain hit. The numbing sensation was wearing off. Her blue eyes open to blurry blobs all around her. Some type of liquid soaked her legs and dripped from her chin and stuck open mouth. Her head felt like someone was digging their nails in through her eyes. It felt like her end. Her eyes strained to see a moving blob around her. She was looking for the one who dragged her here. She couldn't hear him. Her head started to get tired holding up and dropped into the growing pool of blood.

Meanwhile, her Master was off gathering supplies for himself. He knew she wouldnt die on him yet. She was slowly bleeding out, but he was gonna wait for the right time with her. At the moment he was looking for ingredients to throw in some soup he was making once he finished off Marie.

Hunter continued to trail the Marie's scent, the world a blur around him as he ran. The smell of blood grew thicker with each stride, only furthering him to pick up his pace. His muscles would complain later, but he didn't care. Only one thing matter right now. Survival. Marie's, survival. His didn't matter. Never really had. He was expendable. He could be replaced. A red smear painted the ground. He was getting close. There. He stopped, his front paws lifting as he shifted, now hand that grabbed the cage as he looked at Marie's bleeding form behind the bars. With a grunt and shout nmhe ripped off the bars and kneeled beside her, ripping apart whatever cloth he could find to stem the bleeding. He had failed. He had broken his promise to Marie. Years and years of repressed memories hit him like a truck. Pain. Suffering. Yearning. Hate. A red Haze steadly enveloped his mind as he relived his past. His entire being screamed at him to do the one thing he refused to do. Fall into what he was made into. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. KILL!... "Kill. Them. all." He muttered under his breath as he looked up from Marie's body toward the direction her master had left. His eyes a soul piercing yellow instead of their usual sea green.

“Something is disturbing the wilds. It’s my duty, I can help you with that wound later. Come, it is probably better we do not travel separately.” The druidess would explain as she picked up the pace. She’d trailblaze with great haste, hoping Katie would catch up.

Eventually she’d come up to the man, as she hidden in foliage nearby. She’d observe the situation, seeing the wounded animal, which she assumed to be dear to the man. She had to be careful with what she did, else to draw the attention of the man in front of them.

She wondered if this man was responsible for the wounded animal in front of her. She began channeling, murmuring words of power in an ancient tongue as she prepared a spell. Watching this man carefully as she observed. She’d be ready to use it if he tried to charge at her.
Livrax Livrax kenryuko kenryuko

Last edited:
“You’re speaking nothing but nonsense!” Katie would shout after the Wood witch. She knew the forest well enough to keep up with the Druid, even in her human form. Using her jaguar form would do nothingness but slow her down thanks to her deep wound.

Eventually the two would make their way to the Master’s camp. Katie immediately tensed as she saw the man. She felt a similar vibe to her earlier for, however, it was different enough to tell they weren’t the same.

Last edited:
Gwen trudged through the forest, she was getting tired already and sweat had matted hair to her face. "Stupid princess having to get lost with some stupid dude out in this stupid forest..." Vaulting slowly over a fallen tree she glances down at her arm, the mark still present on her wrist and it being the source of her unplanned trek through the woods. "Oh you can't shift now..." She says in a mock tone similar to hunter's, "Would be a shame if we were to leave you like this even though we want you to help huh." She continues speaking aloud even though no one is nearby, gesticulating wildly as she rounds a moss covered boulder, "It's not like... you could fly or anything... make this search a whole lot easier..." Gwen vowed she would seek revenge on both princess and dumb as dirt hunter, the former of whom she was convinced was just doing this for a stupid attention stunt. "Please... Kidnapped? Think of something more original..." Gwen continue to belt her complaints to the silent audience of the forest, "She just wants her brave hero to come save her, oh no!" She makes a show of batting her eyelashes and doing a mock faint as the tale played out in her head, just as she thought princess would do, a performance and crocodile tears to win the hearts of all. "Not actually that bad now that I think about it, might steal that tactic someday. If I ever decide to play the damsel that is." Gwen laughed, palm to a tree as she rested to catch her breath. She could fly for hours but walking, walking was not her thing.

Ben shook of his embarrassment, 'She was just messing with you that's all, that's what girls do right? Just watch you blunder about, laughing at the impressive, the embarrassing, really anything will get them to laugh at you... or at least, they always seemed to be laughing at me...' He glanced over at Lila, she hadn't really laughed at him like that or he wasn't looking her way at the time. Maybe she was different, wasn't like that... maybe she wouldn't make fun of me by laughing at a distance, leaving me to wonder what I had done to deserve it. Because it always feels like you deserve it doesn't it... Ben shook his thoughts away, that wouldn't go anywhere and Lila seemed upset. "Don't worry Lila..." laughter played in his head but he pushed it down again, "We'll find your stuff after everyone is back together, we can go back into town, grab our things and get you back home to your grandfather! I'm sure he will be so proud of you when you get back to him! Pass through all the trials with flying colors, got everything he asked for, and made a few friends along the way huh! Now that's something to smile about, right?!" He gives a wide grin, his eyes flick to Lucy with a pleading look of 'Back me up here, I'm trying to make her feel better!'.

Lucy

"We'll find your stuff after everyone is back together, we can go back into town, grab our things and get you back home to your grandfather! I'm sure he will be so proud of you when you get back to him! Pass through all the trials with flying colors, got everything he asked for, and made a few friends along the way huh! Now that's something to smile about, right?! " Ben said, cheery as ever. She caught his eyes, but frowned. "I don't know if there will be a town much longer." Lucy said, crossing her arms over her chest, as if holding herself. "There was an explosion when everything started. And now, with those... things killing everybody, I don't know if Evergreen will be safe for long." She explained, glancing back at the town they'd fled so quickly. "Once they run out of people to kill, there's no way that we could get in unnoticed."

Her meaning was clear. Without any helpless civilians to eat, the snakes would be free to look more closely. To smell their heat. If they turned back in time, they might be able to get the herbs Lila's grandfather needed without too much trouble. If they kept going, Lila would have to return empty handed, having wasted money on two mercenaries. She twirled her fingers about the handle of her dagger as she thought, wondering if she had what it took to fight off the creatures that lurked within the walls of the forest-shrouded city. Evergreen, she remembered was a safe haven. Ferals were rumored to lurk in the depths of the forest. Her time as a feral repulsed her more from the poor souls. Seeing how she'd harmed people she considered friends, she feared what a feral might do if it came upon them. With Ben injured, she would have to fight. She wore her worries on her face.

She tried her best not to get her hopes, but Ben's sweet, naive tone made her wish- maybe they could. Lucy was the voice of reasoning though, and Lila knew she was right, but it didn't lessen the weight that was pressing on her chest. Was this what it felt like to fail? To let the one closest to you down? These thoughts only tightened the grip on her heart. She gripped her chest with her own hand, fighting to breathe past the crushing weight. Her breaths fluttered in her throat. Her golden eyes slowly rose from their position on the ground and looked to Lucy. They glistened, but rather than with some sort of intelligence it was with moisture. Her face was stoic, hiding all emotion, but her eyes weren't as good at hiding. They were large and glossy, but she quickly hid them by looking back to the ground. She couldn't even bring herself to look at Ben, afraid the tears might slip seeing the sad look she imagined he was wearing. "Then I suppose there's nothing we can do." She spoke softly, letting out a soft sigh. "We just need to keep moving. Get to safety." The last sentence came out more like a thought, a basic command she was trying to force onto herself.
Johnathan silently landed among nearby trees, listening to the nearby area for more hints as to where Hunter had gone. There were occasional crunches of leaves and the soft sounds of other living things fleeing the area. One stuck out though. The sound of metal being torn apart. There's our strong man. With a flap of his wings, Johnathan lifted back up into the air and followed the sound. After a few moments he landed in the clearing the other two were in, shifting as he hit the ground. "What's going on?" His voice stopped abruptly, spotting the mass quantity of blood that covered not only the ground, but the also the wolf Hunter was carrying. The other male's head was dipped low and he was silent- a first. Johnathan knew this couldn't be a good sign. Slowly he stuck his hands out, crouching slightly. "Hunter, what's going on?" He repeated, his voice more stern. The raven was only hoping to get a response from the wolf to show that he was in a sound state of mind before Gwen caught up, or worse, the two squatters on the outside decided to intervene.

As Johnathan reach fro the Blonde a hand grasped his throat, Hunter's hand specifically, and he was look up as the wolf stood. A set of yellow eyes stared into brown, but there was a flicker of green. A spark of emotion. Fear. Anger... resignation. "Protect Marie.... Protect Lucy." He spoke in a soft but strained voice. He was fighting tooth and for these precious few moments of control. With his remaining will he reared his arm back, bird dragging against the ground, and heaved tossing johnathan away. When their eyes met agin the familiar green eyes had be snuffed out. Any semblance of humanity was gone. he wasn't feral though. Far from it. A feral was little more than an overly aggressive animal. Those yellow irises belonged to a tool. A weapon made to kill anything an everything in its path.

Katie's ears would perk up as she heard Jonathan call the beast's name. "Hunter... ain't that the guy you're looking for?" She'd ask to Kay, but before she had any chance to respond, Hunter would throw the bird away from them. "Something's wrong..," She'd whisper to the druid. "Either the boy lost himself in anger, or he's already gone feral. Neither aren't very good."

Kaleylle would nod, deciding to make her move. She saw how he acted, with very little regard for nature. She wouldn’t let this beast of a man hurt anyone more around him. She put her hands to the ground, releasing her channeled energy, causing roots from below the ground to wrap around Hunter. They would quickly rise, immobilizing him as she made her approach. If this was Hunter, perhaps he was poisoned, or under the influence of some spell.

She spoke with an authoritative tone as she approached, as the roots continued to grow upwards from Hunter’s feet. She began speaking to Johnathan, assuming Katie would follow her up. “I am Kaleylle of Clan Thoth. I need your assistance in restraining this man. I can explain more in detail later. This is an immediate threat to all of us.”

She continued to focus on the spell as she moved forward. Assuming they could restrain him, perhaps she could find out what’s wrong with him.

Livrax Livrax Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness kenryuko kenryuko

Katie would rise out from the foliage, letting herself be seen by all 3 of them. "So all that nature shit was true?" She'd ask. She seemed to be more curious at the druid than she was worried about the other two. The wolf was already well restrained, and a throw like that wouldn't be enough to keep that bird down.

((This post is made on behalf of Comet Comet , using her character. If requested, this is subject to editing or removal.))

The Master

The girl was his. She had always been, of course. Even with that group momentarily stealing her, he'd gotten her back. Caged and controlled, as it should be. His lips curled over his teeth as he dug roots from the ground with the blunt tip of an old knife. The absence of her collar agitated him, more than the new clothes and annoying allies of hers. The beast had no free will away from him. She was nothing but a weapon. He shook dirt from a handful of tubers, dropping them into the pouch. That ought to be enough for his dinner. With a gruff grunt, he pushed himself up from the ground, stalking back to his camp. He had no worries of the girl escaping. The moment when he would finally take her back had been calculated for many days. Watching her. Taking notes on who she was with. The drug he's injected her with was far too strong to wear off anytime soon. Especially with the new wounds. His old boots tread carefully across the ground, almost soundless. He moved quickly, with purpose.

Lucy

For a moment, Lucy could almost hear a pin drop in the grass. Lila, defeated, found the strength to stay rational. Safety. Seeing the hurt in her eyes almost convinced Lucy to start the run back to Evergreen immediately. It was useless, however. "Is there anywhere else we can get the herbs?" She asked, forcing the words past a hard lump in her throat. One foot at a time, she began walking stiffly towards the clearing that Lila suggested. The distance felt longer now that she knew something precious was getting further away with every step. She purposely avoided looking at Ben. He'd wanted help in cheering her up, and she'd done nothing of the sort. It was almost as if the world was thrown off-balance, seeing the silent crow so miserable.

Ben couldn't help but get angry, sure Lucy was right and there wasn't a way back to their stuff and there wouldn't be one for a while. But now wasn't the time to remind Lila of how this didn't go as planned, she was upset, trying her best to do a job someone she cared about sent her on. She had to come up with another plan and reminding her of how the first one failed helps nobody, Ben turned away from Lucy. 'Thanks for nothing...' he wanted to say but kept it to himself, instead he turned to Lila and the sad look she held under the mask of her face. Maybe I can make this fuel productive.. he asked himself as the fire in his chest fanned to life once more, keep it from being destructive... channel it, if I'm lucky. He places his hand on Lila's shoulder stopping her from turning away, "It's going to be alright Lila." Ben began though his voice started out more aggressive than he meant. He lets out a sigh and starts again, "Look, we had a plan but we got a lot of crap dumped on us and now that plan doesn't work. It sucks and I'm sorry it happened but listening to how hopeless it is to try again won't help." He shoots a glare at Lucy before continuing, "The only way out is through, for me, for you, for everybody. We will get you whatever it is you need I promise, I'll take you to every town and city we can find if that's what it takes. Just tell me where to go, how I can help, I just don't want you to give up on this like..." His voice falters, and he tries to get his thoughts back to motivation but, 'don't give up like I did...', he keeps silent.

Gwen trudged through the forest cursing and stumbling all the while, coming to a clearing she tries to figure out where she should be going. But the forest held no answers to where she should set off, she had lost sight of Johnathan a while ago and with him flying up ahead Gwen had no idea where to look. "If I could shift and fly then I wouldn't need to be going the right way, I could just be fast enough to find it on my own." She felt that she might have over shot where Johnathan was headed but walking took so much longer than flying that she couldn't be sure, "Damn that wolf!" She turns at a noise from the clearings edge and sees nothing for a time, "Who's there? Johnathan? This isn't funny help me out here!" But the man the emerges is not Johnathan, clad in leather and adorned with knifes and traps he looks like a hunter who took not having a tool one time really too much to heart. "You only have two hands buddy how the hell do you use all those knives?!" She calls out, not the best introduction but maybe he could show her a way out at least, find her way back to her friends as she seems less than useless bumbling around in the forest. A voice in the back of her head tells her that his odd attire looks somehow familiar but she shakes it off, that face is clearly something I've never seen before she realizes with a grimace. 'The gold standard of ugly is hard to come by these days, I've found a unicorn!' she thinks with a smirk, 'An ugly, sad, neglected puppy of a unicorn. It's so sad it loops right back around to being ugly again.'

Raising its head from the half-eaten carcass of the slain swift, the peregrine falcon surveyed the dimly lit forest with its sharp, perceptive orbs. Satisfied by the amount it had consumed, it released the grip its talons had on the body of the swift and hopped onto the tree branch that supported both predator and prey. It then leapt from that branch and immediately flapped its wings quickly to bring it higher into the air, well above even the tallest tree in the forest. Having ascended enough, it turned and began flying parallel to the western path that cut through the forest, the one that lead to Evergreen.

However, it soon became apparent that something was wrong. Pillars of smoke rose from the town, and faint screams were audible. The falcon beat its wings faster, hurrying to reach the town. As it neared Evergreen, it spied three figures traveling in the opposite direction down the worn path: two females and one much larger male. But a fourth figure appeared from the forest behind them. With its great eyesight, the falcon could clearly make out the new figure, though it was nothing like the other three. Green and scaled with glistening fangs, it looked like a snake, but it was taller than the females and sported a more spherical head than any normal snake. Nearly its entire body was thicker than a green anaconda, and it had two arms, one of them clutching a rusted dagger and the other a dented buckler. Sneaking silently, the serpent stealthily slithered towards the trio, its forked tongue tasting the earthy air.

The falcon immediately altered its direction, angling its entire body downwards. It tucked its wings closer to its body and entered what was known as a stoop: the spectacular hunting dive of the peregrine falcon. Its sleek body sliced through the air, swiftly approaching the travelers below.

Having drawn close enough, the horrific snake-like creature lunged at the shorter girl, the one with the darker hair that matched the forest floor. But as it sprang, its mouth agape, it suddenly reeled, knocked aside by a blur. It hissed with anger as it fell to the dirt path and dropped its dagger. It shook its head, dazed by the sudden blow from an attacker it did not see. Raising its head and reclaiming its fallen dagger, the serpent glared at the three humans with anger and confusion.

But it would glare no more. Its assailant had flown around in an arc and was again rushing in to attack. Brandishing its feet, the falcon dug its talons into the creature’s eyes. The snake shrieked aloud in a shrill tone, the painful sound piercing the ears of those around it. But the falcon was undeterred. It fluttered around the wounded creature, planting its feet on the back of its shoulders. As the snake, having dropped its dagger and buckler, clutched at its ravaged eyes, the falcon struck at the base of its neck, biting down several times before it finally severed the spinal cord.

The creature shuddered and fell to the ground, twitching its arms and tail as it died. The falcon fluttered in the air for a few moments before dropping onto the corpse. With its large black eyes, it stared up at the three humans and cocked its head to the side.

Lila's mind fell into a simple thought, the function of moving one foot in front of the other. Normally she was able to get past things, come up with new ideas and see the bigger picture, but she felt short sighted. She couldn't think anything past her failures. "I don't know." The words fell effortlessly from her lips. Maybe there was somewhere else to find the herb, but she couldn't find the motivation to consider it. She listened silently as Ben began his speech about not listening to, or thinking about, her fall through, and that they would just have to try again. "You're right Ben," she began softly before angling her head up to look at the gorilla. Her eyes were dull, the color seemingly sapped from them. "I don't want to listen to any of it." A future her would be paying for such a cold response, but that was the future. For now she wanted to rest in her melancholy state, focusing on which foot she would move next. She wasn't granted such a luxury though. The world stops for no one. The sudden shrill cry led her to whip around, watching the monstrosity aim an attack at Lucy. Her eyes widen in sudden fear for the girl's safety and she reached out, whether to pull the leopard away or try and get a hold of the snake, she hadn't gotten that far. Luckily she didn't need to. Something slammed into the creature with an immense amount of force, knocking it over. The creature scrambled for its blade, clearly dazed, but the one who had saved the group, a falcon, came back and tore at the eyes within the creature's sockets. Another cacophony of shrieks filled the surrounding air as the bird finished off the snake. Lila continued to stare somewhat wide eyed at the bird before blinking, turning to the one who had been initially targeted. "Are you alright?" A slight pang of panic seeped into her voice, though minuscule. She was an emotional mess. It felt as though she was wearing her heart on her sleeve. She would need to rest for quite some time to regain her full stoic composure.
Johnathan let out a choked sound as he felt a hand wrap around his throat. He had simply stuck his hands up in a dismissive manner, but apparently even that was too much movement. He looked down at Hunter, glaring, his own hand trying to break the wolf's grip. He tried to question what the hell he meant, but the pressure on his larynx only allowed for a number of wheezes and guttural sounds. The next few moments were a bit of a blur and the next thing he knew he was on the ground, a throbbing pain in his left shoulder and around his throat. He had no doubt that he would have one hell of a bruise from the mindless murder machine's grasp. He coughed for a few minutes, ignoring the two who had joined the battle. That was, until one started talking to him. Great, I love introductions. He looked up at her, clearly unamused. His voice was scratchy and hoarse. "I came for her." He pointed to the wolf laying lifelessly on the ground. "He can go fuck himself." Carefully Johnathan pushed himself back onto his feet. "Besides, I'm just a bird. What good will I do?" He added in almost a mocking sort of tone. It wasn't necessarily directed at this Kaleylle chick, but rather Hunter. He knew that the bastard thought everyone was weaker than him, so why help him? He was going to protect Marie and Lucy, but not for his sake. He trudged over to Marie and carefully scooped her up, a task made difficult by the black and blue discoloration on his left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back