• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lucy

What an odd reaction, Lucy thought. She'd hoped to get a straight answer, but out of the party, it didn't seem like any of them were very straightforward at all. Johnathans teasing, juvenile way of talking reminded her of a young boy, full of mischief. "If you were a ninja," she said, "You've had ample time to take out at least half of us." she laughed, making a jab at her own inability to defend herself, or anyone else present. With Hunter and Ben recently injured, as well as Marie still recovering from her mysterious injuries, that left her and Lila to put up a fight. Not very good odds, to say the least. Especially since she lacked control over her beast form. "In any case, do you have to talk so loudly?" she grimaced, a particularly strong ache pulsing through her head. Though he was speaking at a perfectly normal volume, Lucy was beginning to become more sensitive to noise and light as her headache exacerbated itself.

"I don't think he has the mental capacity to understand the concept of shutting up." Hunter commented as he watched lucy and John talk. "Much less be a ninja." He shrugged with a small smirk as he took a jab at the raven. He had his reservations about John, joining up with a random group didn't exactly make any sense with out reason. Even know he didn't trust ben completely, nor anyone really, but that was just his over arching paranoia from a life in the merc business. Ben hadn't done anything to warrant a specific distrust. But john? Something just didn't feel right about him.

Ben saw Lila's reaction, the surprise and the reddening of her face, she surely was upset with him... he had blown it, blown it to pieces in fact...but he saw her mouth move and his heart flew when he heard what she said. 'S-she teased me back?' he could hardly believe it, his head had assured him that the signs were all there pointing glaringly to the fact that he had messed everything up, but in truth he was overreacting and seeing things that weren't there. He smiled at the hope and joy that surged through him, warming his chest and pumping down his limbs, he was actually doing well just on his own hectic thoughts. He really still couldn't wrap his head around it but... now wasn't the time, he had to keep going, make this feeling last, something...; Ben took a breath as he was starting to freak out again, keep it together and don't screw this up. He was about to retort when Lila's gaze fixed on him, Ben felt a shiver go down his spine at her intense examining of his face and it stopped his voice in his throat for a moment. 'Those eyes are always going to make this difficult...' He lets out another breath, 'Not like I'm complaining though because... well... you know...' trying to straighten up and look confident despite the fact his heart was practicing it's aerial dog-fighting maneuvers and his voice started out shaky, quiet and shy. "Y-you've been noticing I'm blushing around you a lot? W-well I have too, and I want to see more of that warmth in your face with those breathtaking eyes that always seem to make me jump..." He quiets down again, his confidence sputtering out for the time being and just fidgets with his seating position on the bed.

Jonathan chuckled along with Lucy for a moment. She wasn't wrong. Ben and Hunter were clearly out of the fight, and Marie didn't seem to give a damn about anyone here, for the most part at least. If murder had been his plan, he could've easily done it by now. "Maybe I'm savoring the time, make the kill all that much sweeter." He grinned devilishly, but it was quickly wiped away by the sound of Hunter's voice. He was quick to respond though. Johnathan turned to Hunter with wide eyes. He placed both hands on either side of his face in mock surprise before turning back to Lucy. "You taught him to speak? Does he know roll over too?" He whispered, remembering the girl's remark about being loud. That must've been why she had buried her face in her hands earlier.
The eyes that supposedly held Ben captivated now darted around the room anxiously. What was she supposed to do? She had never liked someone before. Was there a specific set of rules or guidelines she was meant to follow? Was she supposed to act differently now? Act more feminine? Be more agreeable? Was she supposed to wear prettier things now? The crow glanced down at her torn shirt and dirt covered pants. If that was the case she would certainly need to go buy something more suitable for courtship. Was she supposed to wait for him to court her or was she allowed to make moves? Wait, did he even like her? Well he was certainly more friendly than the others, but she didn't really know the others. Her thoughts continued to swarm, flocking her mind and clouding her judgement thoroughly. She was certainly going to need some time to think. "I don't feel so good." She mumbled, looking up at Ben. Lila never enjoyed lying, but sometimes retreating was necessary, and there was no way for any of them to argue that she was in fact lying. They didn't have extensive medical backgrounds and her heated face was enough to appear as a basic cold.

Last edited:
Ben started to calm down as Lila's gaze left him, he took a couple slow breaths and got his heart rate under control. With his confidence mostly spent on getting this far he could only really watch as Lila glanced around the room. He tried to find what she kept looking at but then soon realized she was frantically thinking about something. He went to reach out, give her a comforting touch but hesitated remembering that she wasn't one for too much physical contact. As he hesitated Ben took the time to try and gather more information about what Lila could possibly be worrying about, 'Maybe she is just trying to process and figure out what to do next... like me.' Ben thought that probably was the case but not it's entirety, for how could something like that cause the usually well put together girl go into her own head for this long? Ben thought she might be worried about something, or thinking about something on top of his words but then he remembered something. 'She's never had someone say they like her... well I did say it in a roundabout way but still, and I think I remember her saying she's never really had a friend before either!' Ben continued his though, confident he had found the reason, 'This is all new to her and she doesn't know the protocol, she runs on past experience and possibly her intuition from a medical and logical perspective, and maybe she is just confused? I am shy and nervous because I have never done this before but she must be going through a crazier time than me!' His hand shot out again, his eyes alight with immediate concern and apologetic words to try and remedy the now surefire thought of that he had caused her discomfort. But he retracted his hand a second time, she had turned and said she felt unwell, Ben mentally kicked himself for his inaction. 'If I had been more decisive I would have been able to comfort her! Now what do I do... do I press it? Try to make her feel better? Or would that be too pushy...' Ben physically shook his head, no more involuntary inaction, he placed his hand close to Lila's hoping that she would take it but on her own terms. The last thing he needed was to throw something on her that threw her off further, so he offered her a kind sympathetic smile. "Of course, we are all pretty worn out. We'll get you to bed along with the rest of us and get you right as rain ok?" He paused for a moment, weighing his options before continuing, "If I overwhelmed you I apologize, if it makes anything better I want nothing to change with either of us... j-just that we spend more time together..." Adding that last bit at the end was all he could muster, 'I'll have to ask Johnathan about what I can do... maybe that will help out our friendship? Do guys talk about helping each other with their love interests? I would ask Hunter too but... nah Johnathan seems like he knows what he is doing.' Straightening back up Ben turns to the others, "S-sorry to interrupt but... could we all get settled for bed? I know I'm really beat and want to rest... but I don't think we should have the two injuries in the same room, if something happens one won't be able to help the other." Ben pauses for a moment, "I'm thinking... Johnathan with me, Marie with Hunter and, Lila with Lucy... D-does that work for everyone?"

Marie followed the group until they reached the room, letting Johnathan take Hunter in. She didn't like how closed the room look and fear coursed through her body. She didn't want to go in. Felt like she was going to be trapped in a cage. She could hear the group talking inside, but hearing that Hunter was awake now wasn't going to get the female wolf to come in. With her Master, she was always outside. Only he got the luxury to get out of the freezing cold most nights. She would be trapped in a cage outside the mans window in rainstorms, snowstorms, all kinds of weather and the man didn't care. Now that she has the luxury to go into one of those inside 'cages,' as she calls it, her fear of being trapped again stops her.

Hunter chuckled at Johnathan's response, "you know what they says about old dogs and new tricks." He shook his head before glancing at ben as he told them about the arrangements. "Sounds well enough. I think we all could really use a shower after three weeks on the road." He joked as he stood up slowly. "I'll see you in the morning." He looked to Lucy with a nod, he would've liked to talk to her about today in private, but that could wait. The turned away from her and walked outside glancing at Marie. "Hey, looks like we're bunking together."

Last edited:
Marie watched as Hunter came out then mentioned that they were rooming together. The woman raised her eyebrow at him as she looked at the door to the rooms. "I don't know, what if we get ambushed by something, how will we escape? Is their only one way in and out? What is the point of it?"

He laughed at that, he rremembered have a similar train of thought when he was younger. "It's more comfy for one. Plus I have a whole list of possible escape plans." He assured her, "if it helps any you can sleep nearest the exit." He offered as he nudged Marie to their room next door.

Marie's eyes widened as he started to nudge her to the room that the two were staying in. the female growled lowly at him when he nudged her but her feet moved along. She was curious as what was in the place, what made it so great to stay in. She stood at the door as her blue gaze moved to him when he mentioned she could sleep closest to the door. this door was the only way out? Who would stay in such a place when your only exit was through one door?
She wasn't fully comfortable with the idea. "And we will be okay in this place?" She asked him, completely bewildered by the idea of staying in there. This was something new to the wolf and she wasn't really fond of new things. Well.. everything recently has been new to her. Being a part of this group, actually going into a town, getting help, and going into a building that these people called, "A hotel."

The wolf had cautious vibes radiating off of her and her blue eyes moved back to the door before her. She had no idea what would be behind the door. by the way these people talk, it was something good. Even if they said it was okay, she was still cautious and not fully trusting of the idea of staying in such a place.
kenryuko kenryuko

"It's going to be fine." He assured. Though that was only assuming nobody attacked them in their sleep, but theat was a chance everytime they slept. Either way he opened the door to reveal a mid sized room with two beds and a ladscape in between. On the far wall sat a window that could be used as an escape route in emergencies across from the two was a dresser next another door that lead to the bathroom. "Well? You going to pick a bed?" He smiled, remembering his own experiences in an actually livable room for the first time. He was anticipating Maries reactions in a way.

Last edited:
Marie's eyes widened when Hunter opened the door to reveal what was inside. Seeing big box looking things in the middle of the room then a open lookout area surprised the girl. All fear left her as she walked in and straight to the open area that looked outside. It looked so real. Her hand reached up to touch a tree branch outside but her hand stopped on something invisible. she looked at it curiously before smacking her hand against it a few times before turning back to Hunter with a very confused look. He asked what bed she wanted and her face got even more confused. "The hell is a bed?" She asked as she looked around the room for something that could be named as a bed. She just wasn't fully understanding what this place was floor. Those boxes didn't look comfortable, honestly nothing in here looked comfortable to her. Where they supposed to sleep on the string covered ground? What the hell is this place??

Hunter laughed again at maries testing before walking to the nearst bed and jumping on it backward, bouncing a little as the mattress gave under him. It was a bit more soft than what he would've liked, but he had a feeling marie would be rolling in it like a pup. "this is a bed." He stated matter-of-factly.

Last edited:
Marie walked over to the giant box that Hunter was laying on. Hunter calling the box a bed made the woman curious. She watched him bounce a bit on it which made her touch her hand to it to see how a box could be bouncy. Seeing as her hand sunk into the bed scared the woman to pull her hand back. The thought of the strange thing wanting to eat her hand crossed her mind but seeing as Hunter was fine laying across it made her second guess the eating part. "What is a bed for?" She asked as she put her hand back on it to test how much weight she could put on the thing.

"More comfortable sleep." He smiled as he got up from the bed. "Ones usually firmer in my experience so try them both to see which you like better." He walked over to the door and closed it before turning to see Marie's reactions again. They were adorable to him.

Last edited:
Marie slowly climbed up into the bed as her body sunk more into it as the more weight she put on it. It was probably the most comfiest thing she's ever been on. She brought her whole body on it and sat down, not feeling the hardness of anything around her. Is this what comfy feels like? She looked around the room with curious blue eyes before drawing her gaze back to Hunter as he closed the door. Panic raced through her body as her only exit was closed off. Her body tensed up as she questioned him, "Why did you close that? That was our exit, I would rather not be trapped in here." Slight fear dripped from the females voice but her body language said otherwise as she tried to show him she could keep her cool.

He smiled at her gently, it was a reassuring smile, one that told her he knew what he was doing. "Security. Someone has to open the door yo get in, and we can tell when someone opens the door to get ready." He walked over the the window anand opened it, letting the sound of crickets along with a breeze drfit in. "You're not trapped either. Its not a cage or cell. You can leave whenever you want. I promise."

As Hunter reassured her, Marie watched him go and open the invisible barrier that stopper her from touching the outside. He lifted the barrier and instantly All the smells and noises came to her and she relaxed once more. She was too comfortable to get up from the bed, but feeling the breeze come in through the opened barrier and reaching her made Marie give a glimpse of a very small smile. She didn't feel fear in her nor any other feeling that she has felt for years. For once the woman was calm and relaxed. "Why did you guys keep me around even after how non-trusting I was of you guys?" She asked, her eyes not moving from the opened barrier.

"I can't say i speak for the others but... you remind me alot of myself." He shrugged, "anyways I'm going to go take a shower, try not to get too comfy, you'll be taking one yourself afterwards." He said, going to the door next to the dresser. He entered, locking the door behind him as he got ready. Soon the sound of water hitting tile echoed in the small room. Once the water was at the desired temperature he got in letting loose a contented sigh as his own memories flooded before his eyes. His amazement at the windows and beds. He smiled as he looked to the shower dials. He could vividly remember scalding himself the first time, having turned up the heat too high. He sighed again and got to cleaning himself of three weeks of grim and travel.

Last edited:
Marie listened to him speak to her about why she was still around until he went off into another room and left the wolf girl alone. She sat on the bed and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she fully tried to relax herself. she listened to the sounds of the outside. her eyes widened when she heard running water, fear rising inside her chest as water was inside the place they were in. Why would there be water inside? Her gaze shifted around the room as she tried to figure out where it was coming from but couldn't find where. She got off the bed and started walking around, first going to the open barrier and stuck her head outside to see if it was coming out there. From her view, she couldn't hear any water outside. Her blue eyes shifted around to find it but landed on a figure that was lurking in the shadows of the opposite building. Her heart dropped as she realized who it was, his scent finally reaching her nose. She couldn't smell it earlier near her and she wished she did. for a few minutes the two didn't lose eye contact, a slow smile forming in the mans face as he pulled out one of his nice and twisted it in his hand. She couldn't leave now, not when he was so close. She couldn't walk out of any entrances or exits of the building due to him having complete view of all of them. Even when Hunter said she could leave whenever she felt trapped. Her stomach dropped as she saw him walk towards the open window that she was poking her head out of, her eyes widened in fear and pulled herself back in.

She backed away from the window and back to the bed that she was on earlier, curling up in the corner as she was on high alert and her eyes shifted from the window to the door that Hunter closed. He could come in through any of those entrances at any moment. His stench was in her nostrils and wasn't fading away. It felt like minutes have passed by as she waited fearfully for him to pop into that window to get her. She couldn't hear him outside walking, she couldn't smell anything either. She was terrified and stuck to her place as she dreaded her death.

Lucy

After Ben had suggested that Lucy rooms with Lila, she nodded her head and stretched her arms over her head. A couple bones in her back popped, relieving some of the ache in her shoulders. After sleeping on the ground with little in between her body and the earth, a bed sounded heavenly. Her skin was caked in dried sweat and dirt, as well as other forms or grime. Unable to remember the last time she had been so dirty, she itched to rinse herself clean. "I'll be going as well." She announced, pointing at the door where Hunter had just left out of. "Lila, you can stay out here with Ben for a while if you'd like, but try to be quiet when you come in. I've got a killer headache." She said, leaving the room with a jerky wave.

She could hear Hunter and Marie talking through the closed door of the room next to the one she'd just left, and opted to enter the one further down. Leaving the door cracked open so Lila would know which one she'd gone into, she went straight to the bathroom and turned on the water. She didn't wait for it to warm before taking the opportunity to rid herself of the grit on her skin.

Hunter finished his shower after a couple minutes or so and walked out of the bathroom in nothing but a pair of shorts as he dried his hair with a towel. His shirt was destroyed and he hadn't gotten a replacement from his ruck sack yet, though he'd do that in the morning. He removed the towel from his eyes and looked at Marie. She looked terrified, and only one person made her act anything similar to that. "He's not gonna hurt you." He stated gently as he sat on the bed, holding onto her shoulders. Squeezing gently. "I swear I won't let him." He added as he tilted his head before slowly pulling her in to a hug.

Last edited:
Marie's eyes shifted to Hunter once he put his hands on her shoulders and her attention was brought to him instead of her full blown fear coursing through her mind. She listened to him saying that the man won't hurt her before bringing her into a embrace. Her body tensed at the embrace as she never had such contact before feeling safe in it and falling into the embrace. She put her chin on his shoulder as her arms wrapped around him, the females body shaking with fear. "He was here Hunter, outside the window.. just watching. He found me so easily and even came into a town to get me. I can't seem to get away.." she breathed softly to him over his shoulder. She is starting to regret running away from the man, she wouldn't be I this constant fear if she stayed with him. She would've rathered died from starvation or freezing to death rather than on the run and getting killed by his knife.

"You'll get away from him." He mumbled into her ear, huging her just a little tighter. "You're going to be free of him. I'll make sure of it." He continued, glaring at the window. He would hunt the man down if need be. And he wasn't as merciful as the slaver was. "You're safe. You're here with all of us. You're here with me. You're safe." He rubbed small circles her on her back, she would live his dream. To be free. Completely and utterly free of her tormentor.

Marie sighed as his words calmed her down. He was right, they didn't let the man take her last time, so there was no way he was gonna get her so easily. Marie returned the tighter squeeze he gave her before pulling back out of the embrace and looked at the males face. She nodded to him, agreeing with his words before saying, "Thank you. I've never had such... Kindness. My whole life since I was 8, I was in my masters care. I've never experienced all the things that I've experienced recently and it's just... All overwhelming to me to be in such a different circumstance." She explained to him, her blue eyes drifting down to her crossed legs on the bed as she couldn't keep eye contact anymore. This was the first time she explained what she's lived like for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back