• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The raven simply stood with his arm around Hunter as Marie joined in. Once he was certain she had a grip on the wolf, he began walking. He kept his strides long as they usually were, figuring the she-wolf would find a way to keep up. He tried to keep a clear head- possibly focus on something else like the trees or the strong scent of blood that were definitely staining his own clothes now- but his thoughts always came back to the wolf on the other side of the unconscious man. He silently wished Lila had stayed to help, or maybe that Lucy girl. Hell, he might even Hunter on the other side of his own seemingly lifeless body. Two Hunters? This girl must have really irked him.
Comet Comet
Lila watched in surprise as the usually open gorilla shut her down and make a bee line to follow the others. Had she done something wrong? Maybe her bad mood rubbed off on him, or he simply didn't enjoy seeing her become such a rude person. She stood slowly, mentally hanging her head. This was her first friend and it seemed like she had already screwed it up. Had her medical services not been adequate? She didn't ask permission before working, so maybe that was it. Maybe she had finally invaded his personal space. She followed behind him solemnly, trying to keep her vision off him, but being completely unsuccessful. He seemed to be mumbling to himself and his walking was clearly deteriorating. Her body ached to move in and help him walk, but she couldn't allow herself to possibly ruin the friendship any further. Of course, that was until he stopped, grabbing at his injuries. Her heart slammed against her chest, and in no time, she found herself sliding under his arm, trying her best to hold him up. She glanced up at him briefly before dropping her gaze to walk ahead of them. "I'm sorry, I'll let you go once we make it back to the inn." Her voice was soft and flat, but the slightest hint of disappointment reared its way in.

Ben's anger flared up again in a panic, knowing how Lila would calm him down and silence that side of him, but all that melted away at her soft voice...I upset her... Ben felt broken again, broken like had been at the tree, broken like he had felt when all that surrounded him was gray ashen dirt and scorched trees. He felt his hopelessness and sadness wash over him, replacing the anger and the fire with a deep cold ocean, it was not something he enjoyed. So fighting back tears and ignoring the protests from his wounds he leaned down and hugged Lila, he didn't care about the others, he didn't care if they saw, he felt broken and wanted to know he meant something... something to Lila. He held her to his shoulder for a moment but his torso could bear the bending no longer and he had to straighten up, looking her in the eyes he whispered, "You don't ever have to let me go Lila..." He smiled softly and a tear streamed down his cheek as memories came flooding back to him and he just wanted to forget them. Lock them away for as long as possible so he could be happy, "I'm sorry... I was falling apart before... I promise I'm not mad at you..." He grabs her hand and places it on his chest, "I cross my heart I'm not mad at you...I didn't mean to upset you... I'd never want that.." He stopped feeling he was being to gushy and emotional, but inside he desperately wanted to show her how much better she made him, how much she helped him push all those memories away. "I never want to let you go Lila..." His hand rubbed hers against his chest, "Please... you never have to let me go..." He smiled down at her as a few more tears crossed his cheeks.

A groan rumbled from Hunter's throat as Marie and Johnathan carried him, his eyes creakig open slightly. He didn't see the forst, but a dimly light corridor,.It was humid and faint scent of blood permeated the air, only to be over powered by a medical smell. The faint of echoes of screams and shouts could be heard, along with the stead foot falls of those carrying him. But the Blonde's eyes were focused, not on the surrounding. No they were all too familiar. His eyes were focused on the back of a man in a white lab coat, there was no visible head, from where Hunter was settled, he was shrounded by the shadows. He tore his eyes off the figment of his imagination to glance at Johnathan and Marie. To him they were no more then faceless grunt clad in the uniform he so despised. He closed his eyes for a moment. "What's today's procedure doc?" He mumbled as he fell back into the hellish landscape that were his own memories.

Lucy

Ben withdrew and brooded to himself, which Lucy was fine with. Seeing his state of being guilted her, especially since he was the least likely member of the group to cause any trouble. On the path ahead, Hunter was hoisted up by Marie and the new Johnny kid, and dragged along as they made the trek back towards the Hotel. Sleep pulled at Lucy. Slowly, she got up and shuffled after everyone, dragging her feet along the dirt path. Ahead, Ben faltered, with Lila to help support him. They halted and spoke to each other, appearing to have an emotional moment with each other. Not wanted to intrude, Lucy rushed ahead, falling into step with Marie and Johnny-guy. "Need any help with that?" She asked, jabbing her thumb at Hunter.

Soon after she'd finished her question, a low sound rose from Hunter's throat, and he slightly raised his head. She couldn't tell what he was looking at from behind him, but he sagged back down and muttered to himself "...-ure, Doc?" she heard. Lucy assumed by Doc he meant Lila, the only doctor among them. Looking over her shoulder, she noticed that their 'Doc' was still engaged with Ben. She opened her mouth to answer him, but he had fallen limp again, unconscious. "How's his bleeding?" she asked.

Marie could feel the uneasy tension coming off of the bird boy near her. She had a idea that he was holding some grudge against her but she wasn't the one to apologise for any outbursts. He kept messing with her and she just defended herself against him. Was there something wrong with that? She huffed as she finally spoke up, her gaze not leaving the path ahead of them as she said to him, "What are you holding over me bird? Last time I checked I haven't attacked you." She was snarky, but not as bad as before. She was trying to become more friendly. This Birdy boy was where it needed to start.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

The sudden movement of the large man's arm around her caught her off guard. She managed to glance up at him, catching the tear that slipped from his face and the distant look in his eyes. He then finally spoke. His words struck deep within her and caused her heart to jump. These things, were these the things friends said to each other? Even though she was knew to this, something deep within her brain argued that this was different. That this was important. She blinked in surprise when he commented on upsetting her. "You didn't upset me," she began. "Rather, I assumed I must have done something wrong, whether it was the aid I provided or.." She hesitated, her voice dropping to a soft whisper. "Not being an adequate friend." She pushed the thoughts back as the scenarios were clearly not the case, and her mind was redrawn to Ben's voice. She didn't have to let him go? He didn't want to let her go? Lila smiled gently and gently wiped the escaping tears from Ben's face. "Well then you don't have to worry, because I'm going to be right here."
Johnathan watched as the small woman, Lucy, jogged up to them. A light chuckled surged through him as he listened to the leopard call Hunter a "that." "I think we're good for now, but maybe we can tag out after I get tired of him drooling on my shoulder." Almost in response Hunter began talking. Johnathan initially expected a sneer retort on him drooling, but instead some kind of dream. He raised an eyebrow curiously. A procedure? "None today, but the doc might say otherwise once we get back to the inn." He assumed Hunter must've been talking about Lila. Though he never really got the chance to find out as the wolf seemed to slip back into unconsciousness. After a few more minutes of walking, Marie decided to grace everyone with her snarky remarks. The raven couldn't help but laugh lightly. "What are you holding over everyone else, wolf? Last I checked no one here has attacked you." His cool gaze remained focused on her before looking back to the road ahead. "We're almost there everybody!" He shouted, mainly for the two trailing behind.

Ben momentary drive to show how he felt for Lila faded slowly, his bravery replaced with the normal awkward and quiet ramblings that are typical when he was in Lila's presence. He needed to get himself together if he was going to have any chance of being better, a better person, a better friend to Lila, but he had no energy left to do so. He was barely holding himself up as it is and he didn't have the strength to spare on complicated thoughts and perfectly articulated feelings so he just smiled and nodded as Lila wiped the tears off his face, hoping that was enough for now. Suddenly remembering something he blinked several times and said, "Oh, and I wanted to tell you that your medical services were more than adequate, exemplary even! And you have my permission to do whatever you deem necessary for my health, even order me around if you want! Since you know what's best for me doc," He gives a small grin before continuing, "I've not been the best patient and I should have listened to your warnings about not moving because I don't think I would be standing if I didn't have you to support me..." He looks down at his legs that feel like they want to buckle at any moment and pondered for a moment that he meant that she has kept him standing in more ways than one today but decides against it, Ben has shared enough feelings for today. He turns his body, quite painfully, towards the direction of the others and the town, now prepared to move he looks back to Lila offering his arm for her to lead and support him, once again in more ways than one.

Lucy

She snickered when Johnny-boy talked back to Marie. She tried to muffle the noise, pressing her hand against her face, but it was clearly audible despite that. The white wolfs fierce attack was still fresh in her mind, but Lucys disdain for the woman was unable to be contained. Johnathan called over his shoulder at Ben and Lila, who were beginning to lag behind quite a bit. "Hopefully it's not Ben's wounds keeping him back." She said, thinking aloud. Buildings from the town came into view, the lights showing through the trees. In the darker light the lanterns gave off a warm glow, illuminating the stone-paved streets. Lucy, tired from training and from the mental grapple of being feral, walked up on her toes and tilted her chin up in hope that their hotel would come into view. "I could really use a bed right now." she joked.

kenryuko kenryuko Meglivorn Meglivorn Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet

Marie's eyes shifted to Lila and wanted to snap at the girl but bit back her tongue as she sighed at what Johnathan said. He was right, she's been a bitch and they've all been nice. "I know I have no reason. But if you knew what I've lived with since I was 10, you would be just the same way towards anyone. No one should be trusted right away or fully trusted." She said to him before he spoke of them reaching the town.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

A smile pulled at Lila's face as she giggled, listening to Ben ramble on about her patch up job. "Well, thank you, but I doubt I'll ever need to order you around. As for being a good patient, I think under the specific circumstances, you were a fine patient." Another light smile pulled at her face. The sound of Johnathan's shout caused the crow to whip her head around. The others had made quite a headway in the few minutes the two had been conversing. She took a moment to reposition herself under Ben's arm before glancing back up at him to make sure he was ready to continue moving. Once given the all clear, she did her best to support his weight as they drudged back to the inn.
Without even skipping a beat, Johnathan simply responded with, "I don't give a fuck what you've been through." He then turned to look at Marie, a sharp kind of glint in his eye. "Everyone's been through some shit. Ben clearly has, and he's the softest one here. This twat has ," he commented, nodding down at Hunter. "And besides making poor choices, he hasn't torn anyone a new one." Though I'm still holding out on that one, He thought to himself. "Hell, I don't doubt that Lucy or Lila have been through some shit too." He directed his gaze forward once more. "The shit you go through doesn't define you. It's how you handle it that does. You just handle it like shit." After finally snapping back at the whiny wolf, he glanced down at Lucy. A light smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth as he nodded. "Yeah, a bed would do wonders right about now." Johnathan had also considered, in this short moment, commenting on Lucy's concern for what was holding Ben back, but the thought of bringing up the dorky gorilla's overly affectionate behavior to the emotionally stunted crow made him grin.
Comet Comet

Last edited:
((Hi, ZxGracexZ ZxGracexZ ! You must be new here. kenryuko kenryuko is in charge of this rp, to join you need to ask him and submit a character to be approved in another thread.))

Lucy

Johnathan threw harsh, sensible words at Marie. Lucy didn't have any issue with what he said, but more with the fact that Marie had, in the past, become aggressive when confronted so brashly. "Hey, no need to cause trouble!" She said loudly, laughing nervously between her words. A forced, crooked smile split Lucy's face, and she looked at Marie out of the corner of her eye, almost expecting to see her as a wolf, already lunging. "Yeah, a bed would do wonders right about now." He said, and Lucy quickly pursued the topic, hoping Marie might spare him if they moved on. "Haha, yep! How far is the hotel, now, anyway?"

Ben tried to keep his painfilled groans and whimpers to a minimum, not wanting to upset Lila and feeling he would appear weak for asking for more medicine. But damn did his side hurt... He was panting and wobbly on his feet, he would have leaned more on Lila if he didn't worry about crushing the frail crow girl with his mass. He would have to reposition himself when the got closer and more distance between them and the others... and on second thought asking really quietly for pain meds doesn't sound like a terrible idea... as long as no one else hears. He lifted his heavy head as they approached the others, Johnathan had just gotten done saying something that Ben didn't catch and Lucy was obviously trying to get everyone moving again, but her nervous laughter made him worried so he just went along with it. "Not far I hope..." Ben said in a voice more pained than he realized, he hoped he looked better than he felt, he had been to much of an emotional rollercoaster today to warrant any of their help. He barely felt comfortable that he should accept it from Lila because of his actions and she was the one he was closest to, "Let's just keep moving everyone huh? I doubt you would be able to carry Hunter as well as myself..." He paused to catch his breath. "Warm beds await, no point standing out in the growing dark right?"

A grin stretched along the raven's face as he listened to the leopard try and keep the peace. How sweet, he thought to himself. Of course he knew she wasn't doing it for his safety. She just wanted to avoid an all out brawl, and he couldn't blame her. So for Lucy's sake he continued forward. The grunt from Ben caught the male's attention and after listening to him he couldn't help but laugh. "I don't know, I'm pretty strong." He held up the arm that wasn't being used to support Hunter, and flexed. "But in all seriousness," he began. "We'll be to the inn in no more than five minutes."
Lila had been doing her best to support the gorilla, but she could tell he wasn't letting his full weight rest on her. Unfortunately she knew that if he did she would most likely crumple under his weight, so instead she hoped what little support she could offer was sufficient. Maybe it would've been better if Ben rested on Johnathan's other side as well, after all two was better than one. The thought was irrelevant though because the town was already in view. "Once we get back to the inn, I'll give you something stronger." She didn't know his body would burn through the morphine so quickly, but he clearly had. "I'm sorry, my calculations must have been off." She was usually pretty good at guessing weight and height, but Ben had turned out to be much more muscular than previously assumed, and muscle was had a far greater density than fat and bone.
The walk had gone by quicker than expected since everyone seemed to be rushing to get back. Pain and tiredness tended do to that to a person. With everyone in the inn, they congregated into one room simply to try and get Hunter back on his feet. Lila did her best to help lower Ben onto one of the beds while Johnathan and Marie placed Hunter onto the other. Drugs were quickly distributed to both males and all that was left to do was wait.

It wasn't long till a groan rumbled from Hunter's throat has he sat up, wincing as as he agitated his wounds. "Damn it..." he muttered a she looked down at his bandages, his tattered shirt having been removed. He didn't know by who, nor did he care. He sighed before swinging his legs to rest on the floor, ignoring any protests to such. He looked around the room, his eyes falling on Ben in a similar situation as he was. He grunted to look at the other members of the group, Lila in particular. "Thanks..." he mumbled, resting his elbows on his knees.

Ben glanced down at Lila as she spoke up, "Don't worry... all part of getting a new patient right? Maybe my metabolism is different than you are accustom to?" he thought to himself, 'that doesn't sound right, "I don't know..." he adds quietly. Mustering the last of his strength he climbed the stairs to their designated room, he practically almost toppled Lila onto the bed as she tried to set him down but thankfully the others didn't notice with them all being busy with Hunter. He gave a small wave as Lila went to tend to Hunter with some more medicine and he was already feeling like sleeping when she returned to his side and almost didn't notice the needle. Almost being the key word as even in his deteriorated state with his wounds asking him for some relief he had to fight the urge to reject the needle, thus he closed his eyes and turned away as his only form of protest left to him. He shifted more onto the bed as everyone started to settle down, he didn't really have the strength nor the will to get up and move and he assumed Hunter didn't either but he glanced over in surprise along with the others as he suddenly sat up. He gave him a small smile as he grunted at everyone, Ben silently asking him to lie back down as he could quite accurately understand the amount of pain he was in, another blink of surprise came across his face as he thanked Lila. Ben thought it wasn't too out of character for the wolf but he was genuinely surprised nonetheless, the gorilla glanced back over at the rest of the group to see if they had the same reaction as him.

With the darkness growing Gwen's eyes fluttered open, glancing down she found her timing couldn't have been more impeccable, the caravan she had been planning for these last few days was finally here and rumbling past right beneath her. She couldn't help but smile as she watched the wagons shake and rattle past as the sunk into the soft ground and she almost whooped as she heard what could only be the soft jingle of coins, "This is going to be to easy.." She felt like being cheeky and gave each cart a small wave as it rocked past the high branch she had been sleeping on, she didn't bother to get up, she would wait until the merchants arrived in evergreen before paying them and their purses a visit. Her plan was already made, too many guards on the road to take the caravan on alone and they tended to burn fires all night long. No she would wait a little, there was a small window of opportunity that she had stumbled upon a few years back, once the wagons entered the city gates the guards left the caravan to head to their favorite tavern and leave the merchants and their plentiful gold pouches to the inn. So all she had to do was find an open window in the dead of night and she was in, take all she could carry which judging by the size of this train of wagons would set her up happily for a year at least! Gwen was starting to get excited and thus took a breath to calm down, no point getting all worked up when there was nowhere to go. So she leaned back against the tree, listening to the soft rumble of wagons and the gently neighing and purring of the horses and soon enough she was asleep again, she had a good few hours until it was dark enough for her to work and she had her patience in check to wait. She knew for a fact that her patience would be well rewarded.

Lucy

The hotel was a welcome sight, and Lucy hurried over to catch the door. Being the only one not helping to carry anyone, she made sure that everyone was accounted for and inside safe. Hunter and Ben were each set on a bed to rest better, but Lucy had to cover her eyes when Lila gave them shots. Just the thought of a needle piercing skin sent shivers down her spine. Leaned against the wall, the short girl took a moment to rest. Her headache, now that she was no longer walking, was back in full force. She lowered her head into her hands, willing herself to stick it out.

Sheets rustled, and she heard a groan from across the room. Cracking her eyes open, she saw Hunter sitting up. "You're awake!" She said, forcing a cheery tone into her voice. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked, once he'd squeezed out a thanks. From what she knew of him she expected him to brush it off, but hoped that if he was in a lot of pain that he would speak up.

Lila watched as Hunter suddenly woke up. Her first instinct was to tell him to not move, but she already knew that it would be wasted breath. Instead she crossed her arms and watched him move to the edge of the bed. His thanks might have been worth something if she didn't think it useless. His movement and general disregard for her higher knowledge showed that he lacked respect for her. All these people were just children to him. Her gaze was cold as she retorted, "You're no use to me dead." She then turned her back on him and moved towards Ben. She hoped he would be able to salvage her mood before the ignorant wolf completely spoiled it. "How are you feeling?" She asked softly, trying to display a caring tone in hopes that it would transfer to her actual mood.
Johnathan stood back as he watched Lila run back and forth between her two patients. Something told him that she was going to need a lot of TLC from a certain primate. The raven's gaze slowly moved across the room before settling on the smaller woman who had taken post by the wall. He watched her place her head in her hands, but whether it be from being tired, emotionally distraught, or something else entirely, he didn't know. Of course there was only one way to truly know. He took a few casual steps towards her, opening his mouth to try and question her casually, but her sudden outburst made him jump back in surprise. Christ... you can't just go screaming like that when someone's thinking about talking to you, he thought facetiously.

"This isn't the worse I've had. Not by a long shot..." he gave Lucy a small smile, "i hope i didn't scare you too bad... I've always worked alone some I'm used to dealing with my own injuries." He assured, before growing. amore concerned look. "How are you holding up? I know its not easy on a matured mind going feral...."

Lucy

"How are you holding up? I know its not easy on a matured mind going feral...." He asked. "I'm fine, you and Ben are the ones who got hurt." she deflected, putting the focus back onto him. The honesty in his answer was a pleasant surprise, even if he avoided talking about his current condition. She looked to Johnathan, who was closer than he was before. He must have walked over while her eyes were shut. "Did you want something?" she asked, putting a hand on her hip. She didn't yet have a strong opinion of the raven, but assumed that he at least told it like it was, as he had with Marie.

Ben watched the rest of the group talk for a moment before he heard Lila's soft voice talking to him, "O-oh me? I'm feeling much better thank you Lila, I'll have to find a way to repay you somehow, maybe buy you the supplies you used on me?" Ben was just trying to be nice, he was exhausted and it was all he could come up with save hugging her again but that wouldn't really go to well with the others around. He gave a soft smile, it was genuine as he thoroughly enjoyed Lila's company but it was taking most of his energy to stay awake, "I-is there anything I can do for you Lila?" He asks softly, "I'm not good for much right now but I would be more than happy to keep you company..." He hoped that wasn't too forward, bumbling his words with her was usually his only way of communication but it seemed like she needed something more, he just wished he could figure out exactly what to do. He just wanted to make her feel better, as she had for him so many times today...

Gwen woke up again, it was dark but not exactly the time she had hoped for, looking back towards the town she spied the parked wagons and some men unloading them into the town inn. "I think I can get a little closer..." She mutters to herself before shifting and taking off silently into the air, circling the town a few times to get a total view of the area she starts to see the guards lighting the lanterns scattered along the roadways, "Good, the can't see very far now with all these lights blinding them to what could be hiding directly above them..." Gwen laughed softly as she dives towards the town and land on a rooftop facing the inn. 'Now just to wait for them to settle in and fall asleep... then I'll try that move I perfected a while ago.' The 'move' she referred to involved opening the window of her target room as and owl and then silently landing on the floor as a human again, and it was almost perfected in truth, almost being the operative word. She tried to convince herself she could do it, only a few broken windows and one shard of glass said otherwise and who got better without a few mishaps right?, flexing her wing and grumbled as she noticed the scar. That had been a pain but this time was different, this time she would get it right and look like a badass... although no one but she would see it... Gwen grumbled again and just settled in to wait, going over technique and finesse and perfect scenarios in her head.

The crow dropped down softly on the bed, sitting closer to Ben than she had initially anticipated. She didn't bother moving though, as it seemed the gorilla didn't mind the invasion of personal space, and the spot was relatively comfy. "Payment isn't necessary. The materials were brought with the intention to be used, so they served their purpose." She glanced up at the gorilla to see him already looking at her, a warm smile adorning his face. Her heart stuttered at this, causing an uptake of blood into the zygomatic portion of her face. She quickly redirected her gaze to anywhere in the room. Her blush only worsened as he spoke her name. She didn't know why such a thing caused a severe spike in her heart rate; she had heard plenty of people say her name before. "N-No, your company is more than sufficient." Her words seemed to trip over themselves as they left her lips.
Johnathan had resumed his normal stance at this point, hands deep in his pockets, weight shifted back over his heels. After deflecting Hunter's question, Lucy then turned to focus on him. He wasn't shocked, but he supposed he wasn't expecting her to make any comment on his movement either. A light grin pulled at the corner of his mouth as he watched her stand with such a sassy pose. He chuckled softly before shaking his head. "Nothing, just thought the view was a little nicer over here, don't you think?" He rocked back and forth on his heels now, somewhat analogous to how a child would move because they simply couldn't handle standing still.

Lucy

The rhythm of Johnathan's heels and toes touching back down to the floor filled the noiseless room. Aside from the conversations between various group members, the world was stuffy and quiet. "Nothing, just thought the view was a little nicer over here, don't you think? " He answered. Lucy shrugged, looking up to meet his eyes. "Just a couple beds and some walls." She returned, tracking the way he rocked. Was he carefree, or bored? "So what's someone like you doin', stickin' around? Ya don't have anywhere to be?" She asked. He didn't have any real connection to them, but that didn't stop Ben from tagging along either, she thought. Surely it wasn't because they seemed friendly, however.

Ben nodded slowly as Lila told him otherwise, he would still repay her... but that would have to wait for now and it wouldn't do him any good to pick it up again. His smile widened as he saw her gaze flick away from his, god she didn't realize how cute she was being, Ben could feel his own blush forming but he fought off the nerves and responds in stride. "Really? Well that's good to hear, because I enjoy your company very much too. And I would love to have a lot more of it, I-if you'd like that..." His confidence faltered for a moment when he sees the others moving in his peripheral vision, he took a breath to calm them before picking up again although this time his voice was softer meant for only Lila to hear. "And that blush looks very cute on you Lila... especially when you try and hide it..." He smiles at the crow girl hoping that his words didn't over step his bounds, the blush was clearly because of him and this seemed like the perfect opportunity but... now he felt a huge wave of nerves wash over him. Maybe he said something too soon... where did that even come from he wasn't ever nearly this bold but...No, no she's going to hate it... I ruined my chances with her and she's not going to want to be around me again and. Ben's mind kept racing around and around, should he have done something different, was he reading the signs all wrong, did he just make a huge mistake?! He let out a quiet but shaky breath and then held the next one, expecting a firestorm or a cry of disgust or... maybe what scared him most of all was that she would like it. And that thought truly scared him, that she would like what he said and he didn't know where the confidence came from to say more.

Gwen was getting bored, with a slender leg draped over the edge of the roof and the other bent up at the knee she checked her tools and gear for what felt like the 700th time, she grumbled to herself to stop the nonsensical cycle and just glared at the passing clouds. She wanted to yell at the moon to come up faster, bring on the night so I can make some money and go on a night of debauchery, maybe she would visit the tavern that the guards were staying at and order some food and beer with their own employers money. Maybe even find a boy to help me drink all the cheap beer that I'm going to buy with my newly acquired fortune, or a girl... Gwen didn't really care, just someone decently attractive with an appetite for many, many things. She grumbled again, realizing her fantasy of laughing and drinking and singing long into the night with an attractive companion under her arm was a long way away, and started stabbing her knife into the soft thatch roof before ripping it out again over and over. She was going to have some fun after this, screw the hangover or the awkward goodbye with her companion of choice. She was craving that adrenaline rush and itching to do...anything really would beat lying here. So if right now was like this, then she could only imagine what she would be compelled to do with the high after scoring big, she chuckled and supposed she would have to score big again.

She gave a quick nod as he mentioned spending more time together. Of course she wanted to spend more time with him, but with her current heart rate she was more worried about having a heart attack. Lila couldn't help but wonder if this was how her heart attack patients felt. Of course there was no time for recovery as Ben then commented on her blush. That alone would've made the reddening of her face worse, but the fact that it was also a compliment made her heart leap up into her throat. She tried to push it back into her chest, swallowing dryly. With no thought she shot back, though with her soft voice and the fact that she was still looking down, it was a miracle anyone would've heard. "L-Like you're one to talk." The crow had never considered that someone's shyness would be cute, but then why did she smile whenever Ben turned a lighter shade? It was attractive. Wait. Attractive? She had never thought anything attractive. She was a person of logic and reasoning, not mushy emotions. Was she attracted to Ben? This thought sent her over the edge. Her face was a deep red at this point as she whipped up to look at Ben. Her eyes darted around his face, studying him for a long moment. His soft, kind eyes; his sweet, goofy smile; his soft, dark hair; his sharp jawline that fed into the rest of his body. She let out a sudden gasp. It was true. She was attracted to the ape.

A big goofy grin split Johnathan's face. Oh what an unfortunate choice in words. "Someone like me?" He echoed back. "And what kind of person am I?" After this point it didn't matter what she said; she could've called him scum for all he cared, but she had said he was someone. He was someone noteworthy, not a background character in a children's book. He didn't bother containing his giddiness, it was too amusing. He pulled his hands from his pockets and placed them behind his head, continuing to rock, but at a slower pace now. "And what if I have nowhere to be? Maybe I just enjoy bothering people. Maybe I could use a group. Maybe I'm a super secret ninja aiming to take you all out." He placed a finger to his lips and lowered his voice. "But I suppose we'll never know." He winked at her playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back