• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the Beasts(closed until further notice)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ben was staring at the forest canopy around him, looking at all the routes he believed this feral Lucy could take. Hearing some movement his eyes whip back to the spot where he believes she still is, finding her not there he lets out a soft curse and scans around looking for where she could have gone without him noticing. He starts to get up even though he has no clue where to run off to, his eyes catch a spot of brown and tan and noticing her bared fangs he freezes. "Hey... sorry, sorry… you just scared me is all... I'll sit back down now ok?" He holds his hands out in front of him but in doing so has no way to slow his decent and thus crashes to the forest floor. Ben laughs at himself and looks back at Lucy smiling, "See? Nothing threatening here just a big, dumb, goofy ape..." He sighs not sure how to get her closer to... Ben's not sure what, grab her?, not with those claws. Maybe just keep her pinned to the ground? No... I might crush a leg and that's the last thing we need right now. He gets an idea, seems stupid at first but it might be just dumb enough to work, "Story of my life huh?" He laughs at himself again before sliding his pack off his shoulders and reaching inside his food pouch and pulls out a piece of salted and dried beef. He holds it up for Lucy to see, hoping at the very least she would come down closer to take a look at it, "Nothing nefarious just food..." He says in a calm low voice as he tosses it a foot or two in front of where he is sitting. "Come onnnn sheer dumb luck that you are hungry..." he mutters to himself, Ben's gaze then flicks from the food to Lucy and back again, hoping that will be enough to tell her to try it.

Lucy

Aside from his apparent clumsiness, the leopard did not think the gorilla-person posed much of a threat anymore. He stayed far enough away. Spoke quietly... most of the time. He revealed a piece of cured meat, which she eyed suspiciously. No way she was going to eat from anyones hands. He tossed it away from himself, not very far, but maybe she could grab it quickly and retreat. Her stomach felt tight with hunger. The sharp scent of the dried meat was hard to resist. She shifts her weight from one paw to the other in preparation to jump, grab the food, and quickly fall back. Easy plan. She holds still for a breath, then lunges forward, snapping up the strip of meat in her teeth. She turned on a dime, sending up a spray of dead leaves as she pushed to run the opposite way. Now she crouched in a thick patch of underbrush not too far away, bright eyes watching the gorilla-person from gaps in the foliage.

Trying to sit as still as possible Ben watches Lucy getting ready to move, "Well hello to you too..." He smirks as she bounds back of into the underbrush. Rising to a crouched position, and wiping off the dirt and leaf bits that were just recently flung on him, Ben moves slowly and methodically towards the feasting girl. "It's ok, I'm here to give you more food!" He announces quietly and pulls a second strip of meat out of his bag, I'll run out of these soon if I can't get her comfortable with me... he ponders to himself as he nears a tree closer to the crouching leopard. Now a good deal closer he stops to think, resting against the tree and letting her get used to his new position while mostly distracted by her food, in his absentminded thinking he puts the piece of meat in his mouth and eats about half of it in one bite. "Crap... dumb and hungry huh..." He talks to Lucy knowing she won't be able to respond in any way but anything to help her get comfortable with him will help. He sighs and offers the half strip to her, "Here... I know I took a bite but I'm hungry too and thinking is hard work!" He smiles before continuing. "But this one you will have to come to me, just a little bit, just come over to me and you can have this one too ok?" He stretches both his hands out, "No tricks, no sudden movements, just you come to me to take this tasty meat and I happen to just pull it back slowly enough that you come closer to me..." He mumbles out his plan as he waits for her to start getting closer. "Please don't claw my eyes...please don't claw my eyes..." He mutters, half flinching as he sees them sink into the soft dirt of the forest floor.

Lucy

Eating satisfied a deep need, her mind pushed her to get food, to always eat, meals are not a guarantee. The new strip of meat was enticing. She stalked forward, thin pupils fixated on the hands that held out the food. Another instinct yelled within her. Don't get close. Don't be vulnerable. Half her body slipped free of the underbrush, her paws hardly making a sound against the forest floor. She paused. Don't get close. Get food. She moved forward again. There was no cover, nothing to act as a buffer between her and any ill-wishing person. She stopped. A growl jumped in her throat. No closer. If you move, I bite. Run.

Ben watched as the feral girl slowly got closer, ' Something seems to be fighting her want to get at this food... I think she might realize what I'm planning, crap..." He ponders to himself as to if he should go through with his plan, it didn't seem too smart, getting as close to those claws as is necessary to trap her. "But I've got no other choice, sorry Lucy... you aren't going to like this very much, then again neither am I..." He smiles and quickly reaches in his bag and finds what he is looking for, a large wrapping of leather with something inside. He tosses the contents back in his bag, hopeful that Lucy won't remember seeing it when she turns back to normal. With his meager defense and trap ready he looks at his hands, still bloody from his rage induced beatdown of the tree and hoping they could endure a little more damage. "A least I can spend more time with Lila while she is patching me up..." He smiles sheepishly at the thought before hearing the low growl emanating from the cat in front of him. "Shit, she's a lot closer now.... alright, now or never." Ben suddenly springs into action, he offers his right hand up in front of the leopard hoping for her to take his hand in her jaws and limit one of her many weapons to minimal damage. With his left he quickly slides the skin of leather over her back and scoops the creature up in his arm trying to wrap up her legs and trap those long sharp claws that come with them. But with a small grunt of pain as her teeth sink into his hand he slows and is a half second too late on the complete wrap. This slight pause gives Lucy enough time to rake her front claws down the sides of his forearm and her back claws shooting down and slashing across his stomach as she tries to jump out of his grasp. The cuts weren't super deep but that didn't mean they weren't super painful, so with a last grunt of pain he wraps the snarling animal in the leather and with a loud hiss of his own brings her to his side. "Here... you little assassin..." he grumbles and hands the piece of meat to her, hoping that will at least stop her struggling. Letting out a long series of expletives as he slowly stands, the cuts on his side throbbing and bleeding quite quickly and the others making a trail of blood down his forearm, but the bundled Lucy is still under his arm. "Lets go find the others..." He groans as he sets of at a labored pace.

It wasn't long before Ben had ran into the blonde, male. His eyes drawn the struggling leopard, "ok. This isn't the best scenario." He muttered as he took ahold to the feline from ben, making sure to get a better hold on her. It was a precarious hold with one arm but he needed a free hand. "Go find the others." He ordered as he pulled out the braclet, letting the gen rest on his knuckles as he held it in front of Lucy's. One of ther arms got free, tearing into his shirt and leaving a much deeper trail of gashes in his chest. Than that of Ben's wounds. "Lucy, i know you're still in there. I know its hard to think clearly, but you have to focus. Remember who you are. Remember your grandmother, remember me." He spoke calmly, ignoring the pain.

Ben nodded as he handed the struggling Lucy off to Hunter, he had to find Lila... quickly... he was starting to feel light-headed and... there was something else about her but now he couldn't quite remember. Thankfully he didn't have to go far, clutching his side gingerly and his slightly mangled arm dripping a few drops of blood he spots a dark winged creature swiftly moving towards him. "Lila..." He groans before sitting down, back to the thick trunk of a large tree he grins softly as he hears her land beside him. "So remember how I said you would have to just fix up my hands..." He laughs but it ends in a short hiss of pain, "I think... it will be a little more now..." He smiles up at her, "Sorry doc, looks like you're going to have to patch me up some more." 'And I get to calm down finally', Ben thinks to himself, glad for the rest, albeit a painful one but he hoped that would soon go away as his... his? Man, he really must be getting delirious, when Lila... patches him up. There, he corrects himself, at least I'll get to spend time with someone who enjoys my company.

Lila had been flying around for a while now, when she spotted a familiar figure. Her heart fluttered, recognizing the familiar gorilla, but it slammed down into her stomach as she noticed the blood. Turning her beak down, she nose-dived towards him. With a swift shift she landed down on one knee. If she had been going slower she could've landed on her feet, but she didn't have time for that. She watched as he chuckled about the repair job, but she couldn't hear it over the sound of her blood rushing through her head. She stumbled to her feet and ran to his side. Taking a hold of his hand, she swore, examining the slanted cuts. She reached around her waist and began undoing the belt that fit snugly around her pants. She had no real need for the belt, but her grandfather had taught her that it made a good tourniquet if one wasn't present. She wasted no time, wrapping it around his thick bicep. It took a number of tugs to get it tight enough, but she managed to seal off the blood way. The blood trickled to a stop. Now she had to focus on the cuts that spanned in chest. Under normal circumstances she would've gotten flustered at the thought of taking off a man's shirt in such a quick fashion, but Lila's face remained clear as the only thoughts in her mind were to get the bleeding to stop. Once the wounds were probably exposed she was able to judge the damage. Four lacerations, two superficial, two deep. The deep ones were her main focus. Her golden eyes locked onto the bag sitting beside Ben, and she considered rummaging through it for something that she could use to stop the bleeding, but for his personal sake, she decided against it. Instead she tore at her shirt, ripping away the lower half of it. Quickly she pressed it against the two main lacerations. Finally Lila looked up to Ben. Her gaze was steady and her expression was calm. "Apply pressure here and don't stop. I need to find my bag so I can sew these up."

Ben was feeling quiet off, he had his normal-ish thoughts and then part of him thought this was all extremely funny. The cuts, the pain, Lucy going feral, him sitting here thinking it is all funny. Man it must be the blood loss or... i’m Just going crazy. ‘Crazy for Lila.’ Said the almost drunken voice in his head. Shut up, he fires back but is barely able to focus, at her touch of his hand he smiles and half plans to hold onto it. Just relax and holding her hand for a while, but she pulls it away and continues to look over him. She pulls of her belt and starts to wrap it around his arm, I wonder what that’s for... he starts to ask himself but feels the whole world sharpen back into focus as a different, uncomfortable throbbing in his arm started. He grunts slightly and blinks back at Lila several times. “W what happened where’s Lucy...” he falls silent again as she lifts his shirt without a second thought. Ben feels like he should move, or say something, but he just stays still... even as she rips off part of her own shirt and places the strips on him. Sh-she wants him to put pressure on the cuts? He glances down at them and goes to raise a voice of protest but her demeanor and gaze stops him. He nods and does as he is told, wincing slightly as he slowly adds more pressure to his cuts. “ L like this?” He gasps as he presses a little to ohard and he grumbles at his own incompetence, not even helping her help me live am I... He lies still again, letting her do her work without his constant talking and interfering.

Marie started walking into the forest alone, her senses on edge as her old master could pop up at any time. His stench was clogging up her nose, making her not able to find anyone just by smell. She grunted and shifted into her wolf form so she could have better hearing. She shook out her white pelt before twitching her ears around until she found the sound she was looking for. She needed to hurry and get to them before someone else finds her, the females heart beating fast. She picked up her pace as the smell of her old master got stronger in her nose until is suffocated her. She was in a wobbly run now as panic flooded her brain. She didn't want be caught and gladly wasn't as she ran into Ben and Lila, the other males scent finally disappearing. She took a sigh of relief as her eyes scanned over the blood and the two. "Uh...what happened?" She asked, shifting into her human form and crossing her arms over her chest. She guessed it was the Lucy girl, if Lucy could do such damage. She was trying to approach with a whole new attitude as it seemed she would need them at the time being until her old master was dead, and that would mean she would have to be "nice and trusting." The thought made her since slightly as she looked Ben then her gaze switched to Lila, not even looking at the crow boy.

The slight grimace on her only friend's face woke her from her trance like state. She offered a kind smile, remembering the way her grandfather would talk to injured patients. They were always so scared. Her grandfather taught her that a calm and kind approach would alleviate some of that panic. "You're doing great." She gently rubbed her hand over his before climbing to her feet. She turned, a serious, emotionless expression reclaiming her face as the wolf woman joined them. "I need you to run back to the inn and grab my bag. Ben's condition is critical and I have no time for arguments. Please retrieve it for me." Her words weren't rude, but they were certainly direct. Her eyes were piercing and steady. Lila had no ill-will against the wolf, but she knew that she was governed by her pride and emotions. These were things she wouldn't tolerate at this moment. Not with the state her patient was in.

Marie's eyes scanned over the situation before landing back on Lila after her demand to go get her bag. Marie stared at her for a minute before looking back at Ben and saying, "Alright. Where is it at?" She wasn't going to argue anyways. She wasn't in the mood to argue. Seeing Ben injured the way he was was enough to send the she-wolf off to help.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Ben's eyes meet Lila's and he returns her kind smile, albeit with a little grimace of pain hiding in his, "I know... I'm just the best patient..." He smiles some more, although his words sound shallow and breathy like he is using most of his energy to stay still and hold his bandage on. Amusing himself was always something that came naturally and he hoped it would flow out of him and lift up Lila's spirits as well, he was going to be fine right? Just a little sore and slowed down for the time being and just need Lila stay by his side, which he didn't mind in the slightest. He sees Marie approach and he though he noticed something as she got closer, apprehension? fear? He didn't know what but it was gone as soon as he noticed it, replaced by her usual haughty expression if slightly softened, and he offer a slow hand raised in greeting as he could the makeshift shirt-bandage start to become wet. As Lila and Marie finish talking and she bounds off back towards the inn he reaches for Lila's hand and tries to console her, even if it wasn't entirely convincing to himself. "Hey... it's alright... I'm going to be just... fine..." He grunts and bites his lip to distract himself from the pain before continuing with his gaze on hers through the fluttering of his eyes as he felt suddenly very tired. "Right? I have the... best doctor and best friend in the world to... help me..." It was a little cheesy, even for him but he meant it, he knew how invaluable Lila is to them and how he would be in a lot worse shape if not for her.

Lila gave a quick explanation as to where she left her bag before returning her attention to Ben, watching him attempt a wave. Her eyes widened for a moment, like a parent's would when watching their child walking too close to an edge. She quickly knelt back down beside him, pulling his large arm down back to his side. "Try not to move, ok?" She gave a quick glance to the surrounding flora. There had to be something around to help in the mean time. She racked her brain, trying to remember all the books she had read. Lila stood and quickly disappeared into the nearby foliage. After a few moments she returned holding a bushel of small pink flowers. She moved in close to Ben, her chest heaving slightly from running. "You wanted to learn about things I know, correct? Well this is Valerian. It's a native flowering plant that smells incredibly sweet, but has a bitter taste. When eaten is acts as a general anesthetic and that means it'll help lessen your pain until I get my bag with something stronger." Her small, pale hand then raised to Ben's lips, holding the plant. "So eat it please."

Ben looks up at Lila as she tells him to stay still, "S-sorry..." He mumbles awkwardly, but stops as he notices her start to think. "W-what is it?" Before he even has time to finish she runs off into the forest only to quickly return with a bunch of small flowers, Ben looks from them back to her as she comes closer with the flowers. "O- of course I'd love to know..." He nods as she explains them, taking her thin wrist in his hands as she raise the plant to his mouth he jokes, "Aww that's sweet, you got me flowers for our date!" He laughs, being alone with her and a little delirious has made him bold, but with the little look form Lila he stops laughing, "Oh fine... I'm just teasing you..." He takes the plant and eats as instructed, with a slight grimace he finally gets it down and says, "You weren't kidding about bitter huh!" He smiles for a second, but then immediately tries to rub his tongue on his lips and then his sleeve trying to get the taste out of his mouth, " Umm.. could you go in my bag and grab my canteen, please?" I hope she doesn't go to far in the bag... now isn't the time to bring all that up..., "It should be right at the top, leather bound, made of metal right next to the... never mind" He looks over at the bag and then back to her, just ignore the necklaces... please, he wants to say. They aren't necessary right now... but he keeps his mouth shut, hoping she will just ignore them even though they are bent and backed with soot and... He stops again, now is really not the time...

Marie made her way back to the Inn and looked around for Lila's bag. For once she was helping, even if she didn't want to help, it was for Ben's sake. She found the bag in the pile of everyone's things and pulled it out, checking it over to make sure it was Lila's before heading to the door with the bag.

Of course she understood that blood loss tended to make people delirious, but his comment on a date made her face flush. She managed a small nod, crawling over to his bag. She opened it and looked for the canteen which he had said would be sitting on top. It was, and she easily picked it up, but in doing so she spotted something that glinted in the light. Her curiosity told her to investigate, but her common sense out spoke it, reminding her that this was someone else's bag. She returned to the gorilla's side and unscrewed the cap for him. Whatever little movements or tasks she could do to prevent Ben from moving, she would do willingly.

Ben only half watched Lila, his mind rendered blank by the pain that seemed to pulse around his body. He hears her crawl back next to him and he turns to her and smiles. “Hey... thanks... I’m starting to believe that this is how my mouth naturally taste.” He grins at her and greedily takes the canteen from her hands and takes a few long gulps almost ignoring that half of the water trails down his cheeks and neck. Ben stops and looks over at Lila, “I guess my hands were more shaky than I thought...” he sighs “ah well...” and hands the canteen back to her. He looks at her kindly as she takes it from him, “T-thank you Lila... for being so kind to me...” he shift slightly, turning towards Lila with a loud grunt. He stares at her, probably much longer than acceptable but he hopes she would just to him being delusional from blood loss, not that he was getting lost in her kind, intelligent eyes... or anything of the sort...

Lucy

She struggled against her restraints, hissing and yowling at the gorilla-person who'd betrayed her. He deserved his scratches. She passed him into the arms of another human, loosening his hold on her for but a minute. She'd given him deep claw marks to carry. He did not drop her, let her free. He pressed a sparkly object in from of her. Why does he have that? That's mine! Mine? She gave that to me, who is she? She squinted her eyes and shook the crashing thoughts from her head, focusing on the way her claws dug into the tough material that held her captive. I want to look again. She opened her eyes to stare at the object, a bracelet, feeling the memories it brought crash against her state of being. Her pupils dilated, and she gasped.

"Hunter!" She cried, recognizing who held her. Her head was pounding, the memories of being feral already becoming hazy and warped. She saw the blood from his wounds, knowing she did it but also that she did not do it. Did she? "What happened?" she asked quietly, nauseated at the idea of having become feral.

Finally, it took a good few minutes for Lucy to finally come to her senses, "I'll explain later." He smiled as he let her go and stood up, "we better go see how Ben's holding up." He was ignoring the blood that steadily soaking into his clothes. He could handle it. He always had. The scent of the blood was permeating the aiair around him even now. He didn't care. Lucy was ok, ben was probably getting the help he needed.

Last edited:
Lucy

"Oh, Ben is hurt too?" She asked. She knew the answer was yes. Though broken up, she still held on to the time she'd spent as a creature of instinct, and remembered landing a number of hits on the person who'd scooped her up. It must have been Ben. She noticed Hunter's heavy bleeding, and though she knew he was a tough guy, she began to worry. "You can worry about yourself, too, y'know." she said, concerned.

"Maybe. But I'm not. I'll survive this." That may or may not be a lie. He didn't know. He noticed the edges of his vision starting to blacken. He would hold out long enough to patch himself up. He had too. Finally they saw the bloody mass that was Ben as lila poured water into his mouth. "Herbs?" He asked, laready knowing the answer. Most herbs were bitter or had a medical taste.

Lila's hands itched to wipe away the falling water, like one would do with a baby. She smiled kindly at his comment on being shaky. Of course he was, he was losing blood. She watched for a moment as he stared at her before realizing he had been staring for quite a while now. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Was something wrong? Was he trying to talk but unable to? She opened her mouth to question it, but was stopped by the sound of Hunter's voice. She turned back to spot the not only Hunter, but recently gone feral girl, Lucy. Lila hadn't made the connection before, but now seeing the girl it was obvious that this was her handy work. The crow knew she shouldn't get upset- Lucy didn't know what she was doing after all- but it didn't stop Lila's stomach from sinking deep withing her. She took a deep breath and returned her focus onto the ape in front of her. "Yes, and now I'm waiting for Marie to bring my bag back." Lila wasn't the type to get emotional, so it took her by surprise when she could hear her own voice rising in anger.

Ben kept his gaze on Lila, even as the others approached and started talking his eyes never left this girl sitting next to him, his friend and... he hoped one day much more. Of course he knew that he was staring for far too long, but for some reason it didn't matter all that much. He just felt a soft smile pull at his lips and kept taking in the features of her face, the mannerisms of this cute shy kind girl and that he just couldn't stop drinking in her presence. He felt calm sitting there like this, Lila by his side, even though she was talking to the others for a moment she turned back to him and he felt his heart skip a beat... or was that the blood loss? Ben didn't care what it was, her looking at him with eyes so intelligent and full of concern and something else... but... his mind couldn't place it... he just felt so tired. Ben didn't even tell his hand to move, but suddenly it was holding Lila's hand, his thumb slowly caressing the knuckles and fingers of this small, soft, delicate hand he had grabbed. He felt he should apologize, it was totally out of nowhere and probably made her very uncomfortable, Lila wasn't the one for physical contact or touching but... he didn't. The words just wouldn't come out and a selfish part of him didn't want to let her hand go, he was enjoying having her hand in his far to much to ever be convinced to let it go, even though his own hand was caked in dried blood from earlier and his other was getting a nice red shine on the palm from his bandage getting slowly blood-filled. He was suddenly struck by the thought that he would buy Lila another shirt, she would need one after ruining this one. That would be nice, spend the afternoon out shopping in the stalls, pick out something she liked, maybe eat something afterwards... just to spend more time together. He felt his eyes focus again, he was drifting off to sleep and that couldn't be good... he needed something, anything to get him awake and alert so he didn't drift off like that again. He presses a little harder on Lila's hand and groans in a rather soft voice, part of him desperately hoping the others were too far away to hear, "You're... really pretty...Lila..." He smiles softly at this girl sitting next to him, hoping this moment never ended.

Marie shifted into her wolf form so she could get back to the others as quick as she can, fear filling her body once more as her old Masters stench filled her nose. She ran as fast as her injured leg could go, getting back to the group with the bag in her mouth quickly. She hated running through the forest alone. She didn't like the thought of him being around. Being in the forest also put the female wolf on edge. She dropped the bag by Lila before starting to circle the area, her nose twitching as she never took her eyes off the forest once. He was still out there somewhere, she could smell him. He wasn't going to come near until she was completely alone and she hoped that never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back