• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unleash the beasts 3

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The dawn was beginning as per usual. Bird began waking up to sing their songs as the due glistened in the morning light. A sleepy little inn sat at the edhe of a dirty path as a rooster began the croon, waking up 6 of the 7 people who slept in the inn, one of them being the proprietor Gabriel Tyran. He was doing what he usually did in the mornings. Gathering eggs, feeding the hend, and grabbing some meats from the patry for breakfast, though more than he usually did with the extra mouth to feeds this morning. He had little else to do at this time of day. "Still can't believe that it was such a hecgic night last night." He muttered too himself, a habit he had taken to fill the silence. He wasn't crazy mind you, it was just how he dealt with a lack of customers most fo the time. Thankfully he also didn't have to deal with taxes due to his distance from most civilzations. Soon the smell of food cooking began too fill the small building.

On top of a China cabinet a little nose popped up and sleepily sniffed the air. Soon a little cat like head followed and sleep filled eyes scanned the room. How did I get up here? she thought before realizing she sleep shifted. All of a sudden everything that happened last night came back to her in a wave and a shiver went down her spine. It was a long and stressful night. The genet jumped down off the cabinet and shifted into a long brown haired girl. The girl made a face of grimace as her body ached from sleeping on top of the cabinet. A sigh escaped her lips as her back popped and she relaxed. Now to go change.

Bowie turned around and headed towards the room she was staying in before anyone saw her in her pajamas. She got to the room with a smile and reached to turn the handle only to realize that the door was locked. Her face fell instantly as she also realized she doesn’t have a key. A flash of irritation crossed her eyes as she huffed and took a step back, glaring at the door. “This is great.” She muttered to herself before turning around and following the scent of food. The came to a kitchen and her eyes landed on the Inn keeper, the guy she met last night. A look of embarrassment crossed her face as the thought of telling him that she was locked out of her room. “Hey, Goodmorning.. I’m sorry to bother you do early but..” her eyes shifted down and she bit her lower lip as embarrassment flooded over her. She hated the thought of telling someone that she was dumb enough to lock herself out of her room.” “I uh.. locked myself out of my room and was wondering if you could let me in?” she glanced up at him at the last word and gave him a small sheepish and friendly smile.
kenryuko kenryuko

Everything felt frozen in the silence. The room was dark, except for what small amount of light slipped past the curtain and pooled onto the wood floor. This paused state shattered with the sound of a roosters shrill call. Katrina's eyes shot open. Once in focus, the first thing she was able to make out was the calm face of her brother sleeping in the bed next to hers. She smiled softly. He only looked peaceful when he slept. Anytime he was awake was a time he was worrying. Of course with another caw from the bird, March's face scrunched up before his large eyes opened. They flicked around the room quickly, taking in all that surrounded him before resting on the familiar face. "How long have you been up?" He grumbled before rubbing at the corners of his eyes.
"Good morning to you too." She retorted before sticking out her tongue. March simply rolled his eyes before reaching for his glasses.
It was too early for either of them to fully work out what had happened the night before, especially on an empty stomach. The scent of sizzling meat and fried eggs wafted throughout the small area. The two got dressed in silence, as was their daily ritual. They both agreed to never engage in full conversation until both were fully awake. Trying to do so before that was just asking for a fight. The silence was never tense though, more like a peaceful period of non-existence. These periods always came to end.
A woman stood in what looked to be the kitchen, dressed in what must have been her sleeping attire. Katrina noted the outfit, while March turned to stare at nothing in particular. Other people, especially females had a way of making him unravel. He didn't know how to act. That's why Katrina did the talking and March did the thinking. "That smells pretty good." Katrina declared, making both strangers aware of their presence. "What are we having?" She asked with a smile.
kenryuko kenryuko Comet Comet

Gabe chuckled at the weasel shifter before tossing her a key ring, "you'll figure out which is yours." He stated before giving a nod to the siblings, "eggs, pork, and some bread." He explained as he sired the pork his his skillet "would one of you mind heading out and grabbing a pale of water for me? Can't leave less i burn the entire inn down." He requested of the pair with a raised eyebrow, "ive actually heard tale of some folk actually going round and burning tavern down in the capital. Hope that lot doesn't come out this way." He shrugged, "don't know what I'd with mah paw's tavern to take care of."
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet

An impish smile stretched along Katrina's face as she jumped to respond. "Sure, I'll get it. Just tell me where to go." Once directed, the girl turned on her heels, causing her curls to whip around. "You stay here, March. Try to make friends while I'm gone." She gave him a wink and a cheeky smile before disappearing outside. March opened his mouth to protest, but all air seemed to follow his sister out the door. He turned back to the two that remained in the room. What was he supposed to do? He didn't know how to make small talk! He always hated it when Kat put him in situations like this, but she seemed to gain so much joy from it. March let out an inaudible sigh before removing his glasses from his face and wiping them with the hem of his navy-blue shirt.
Katrina hopped along the path the inn keeper had told her, scooping up a bucket and pumping the well until water poured out. A small pang of guilt ricocheted within her like a pebble in a glass jar, but she tried to ignore it. While March rarely got mad, she wondered if he even wanted to meet other people. It was possible that he was happy being by himself, but is anyone truly happy on their own? I've got you, dumby. Her brother's words floated in her mind. She knew she would always be there for him, and he for her, but what if she couldn't be? What would he do if one day he had to go on without her. Would he be able to? Katrina was drawn back to reality as she watched the water spill over the buckets edge. She swore quietly before releasing the pump handle and waddling back with the full bucket.
kenryuko kenryuko Comet Comet

Erith Rossank

Erith was no stranger to waking up at the tavern. Since her arrival nearly a week ago, she'd been pitching in with chores to repay the kindness of the man who ran the place. Already she could hear the bustle and squabble of the others who shared the space. Under normal circumstances she would have been up with them, but she took this morning to shut herself away.

It had slipped, the night before, her quest for vengeance, and hadn't gone over very well with the tavern keeper, Gabriel. She'd shown up at his door halfway to the grave, she knew, but the burning drive to go out there again to find something held it's vice-like grip on her heart. After throwing some harsh words, she wasn't sure if he would still be extending her any kindness.

Better to find out sooner than later, though. Erith heaved a sigh and wrapped her once ivory-white cloak around herself and grabbed her hickory staff from where she had propped it against the wall. Its gnarled knots fit well in her hands, and she absently ran her thumb over a particular groove that had been knocked into it at some point or another.

A habitual scowl fell across her face when she made her way into the common area, but she nodded politely to those she saw gathered.

"Good morning," she addressed a shorter man. He rubbed the lenses of his glasses between the pinched fabric of his shirt, almost in a nervous manner. With no other reason for addressing him other than to delay the point at which she would have to speak with Gabriel, she fell short on coming up with anything to follow up with. An excellent start to the day.

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

March jumped slightly at the new voice. He quickly slid his glasses back on before turning to see who had spoken. His turmeric colored eyes seemed to take their time as they traveled up the tall woman. He wasn't trying to look her over, rather with such silent steps he expected someone who was about his height. She was tall to say the least. It was like she had hovered into the room, like a phantom. He examined her face for a moment; her age was impossible to guess due to her malnourished state. Her face was hollowed and she wore a scowl that sent a shiver down his spine. And he thought he looked unapproachable. His eyes quickly hit the floor, feeling the weight of her own stare on him. "Good morning," he mumbled. He wasn't sure if she had been able to hear him- the low rumble of his vocal chords mixed with the low volume- but he didn't dare repeat himself lest he make a fool of himself. He clasped his hands together, rotating the ring around his middle finger anxiously. "Am I in your way?" He spoke a little louder, forcing himself to return his gaze to hers.
Seabourne Seabourne

Bowie’s cheeks flushed a light shade of red as the feeling of multiple People coming into the area. Ugh, and I’m still in my pjs. she thought in her head. She was so caught up in feeling embarrassed for herself that she didn’t notice the inn keeper tossed the keys at her and they hit her in the shoulder. Her mouth opened to give out a slight noise of protest but thought against it to not let herself known. The group seemed to started talking between themselves, her eyes landed on the ill one in the group. She took a step back away from the group with the keys in her hand and her eyes flashed between everyone in the group. She wasn’t good with others, especially new people, she just wanted the Keys. So much struggle for a key to get in a room. A huff of agitation escaped her lips at the thought of everything before glancing up when the new male spoke louder to the new female, saying something about being in the way. His voice sounded shy, almost like he didn’t want to speak. oh boy I feel you. she said to herself in her head as she glanced at him up and down.

"Erith." Gabe greeted with a curt nodded as he watched her walk down the stairs. He still couldn't she was going out again after coming in nearly dead from dehydration and starvation. "You sure you gotta head out again? You've been a mighy big help round here and it's been nice having company for so long." He commented to the woman who currently held the record for his longest standing guest. "I mean. Least stay for breakfast? Got ya a plate all ready and waiting for ya." He added with a raised eyebrow as he placed thee plates out, one for Erith and two for the siblings. Before returning to cooking, "that water should've been here by now, you there sir? I believe i over heard mention of you two being sibling last night, would you like to go see if she needs help?" He asked March, having taken note of how he seemed uncomfortable in the area and tried to give him an escape.
Seabourne Seabourne Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Erith

"Am I in your way?"

Erith shakes her head, but Gabriels voice calls out before she can respond.

"You sure you gotta head out again? You've been a mighty big help round here and it's been nice having company for so long," he says. She grimaces at that, no longer able to avoid the subject.

She takes the time to sit at one of the plates he'd set out while he talks to the other in the room, resting her staff against her leg to free her hands.

"I have to go," She answers, "I've already lost so much time, and I'm no closer to finding him than when I lost him."

kenryuko kenryuko Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness (also think we forgot to ping ChillyTiger ChillyTiger to let her know it's up)

March watched as the woman shook her head, pale lips parted as if she was going to respond, but whatever mysterious thoughts might have come from her were cut off by the inn keepers voice. Erith? What an interesting name. March found himself intrigues by this curious person, but paid no further mind to it as he was the next to be addressed. He gave a small nod, appreciating the obvious out he had been gifted. As he exited the room he took one last moment to note that the girl in pjs was examining him. He furrowed his brow curiously before walking back into the main room to find his sister waddling along. The water in the bucket sloshed back and forth, threatening to spill. The sight alone was another to give March a heart attack. "Kat!" He hissed quietly, running to steal the bucket from her. "Why did you fill it so high? Are you trying to make a mess?"
Kat sighed, feeling slightly flustered by the fact that this made her look incompetent. "I got distracted and it overflowed. I thought about dumping some of it out, but I didn't want to make the ground all muddy, so I just figured I would be careful." Katrina let her brother take the bucket from her, turning to take it back into the kitchen. Now March was the one to sigh.
"It's alright, I understand. My mind has been feeling a bit foggy this morning as well. Just try to be a little more careful. We both know how you are when you're distracted."
Katrina nodded, hands clasped behind her back like a scolded child. The two then reentered the room, bucket of water in hand. March held his breath as he careful tried to slip past Erith.
Seabourne Seabourne Comet Comet kenryuko kenryuko

Bowie watched the boy with the big eyes walk off, looking back at her when he noticed her gaze on him. A small smirk came to her face with a slight blush of pink on her cheeks as she turned her back and briskly walked towards her room. He noticed me looking at him, god I’m so dumb. embarrassed thoughts jumbled in her head as she shifted with the keys at her door. She tried like, six of them before hers finally fit in and turned the knob. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she walked. Finally, her own space. She walked over to her bag and pulled out her clothes for the day, a white t-shirt and a pair of ripped light jeans and black tennis shoes. She switched clothes quickly and fixed her hair to where it didn’t look so rat nesty and headed out the door again. She had to take the keys back to the inn keeper.

she slowly made her way to the kitchen again, seeing the Erith woman still there. She let out a deep breath before walking up with a small smile. Her eyes farted between the two before she held the keys out to the inn keeper with slight pink cheeks.“Hey, I’m sorry to interrupt anything important, but here you go sir, thank you.” Bowie said to the man with a small smile.
kenryuko kenryuko Seabourne Seabourne Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

"And what starve yourself out ther again?" He asked with a deadpan before shaking his head, "atleast take some rations this time? You wouldn't have survived another day if you hadn't found me." He offered woth a pleading stare before the siblings drew his attention, "oh, thank you. Just place it on the counter, it is drinking water after all." He explained to the pair for being further distracted by Bowie, "Ah, thank you. Your fine, we were just discussing Erith's departure today. But that's another story. Here's yourself a fresh breakfast Lass." He pffered a platter of food to the weasel like shifter with a friendly smile.
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness , Comet Comet , Seabourne Seabourne

Food had been laid out and while the smell had originally been intoxicating, it no longer held the siblings attention. They both watched as the inn keeper and Erith started discussing what had been argued over last night. Typically March would shy away from such conflict- tell his sister to sit and start eating and that it was none of their business- but this time he found himself drawn into it. "If you're worried about time wasted then it would be illogical to go out unprepared. You will waste more time struggling than you will if you prepare yourself for wherever you're going."
Katrina's eyes widened slightly, hearing her brother butt into the conversation. He was never the type to do that, and she could only imagine that he was as equally surprised as she was. She looked between the inn keeper and the tall woman before glancing back to March. The once calm, calculated expression he had while talking had been replaced. His head was low, eyes down on the ground. He was reverting back to his old ways. "He's right," Katrina added in an attempt to aid him. "If you really want to do what's right you'll take the time to get everything set up now. You're no good if you're starving, or worse, dead."
Seabourne Seabourne Comet Comet kenryuko kenryuko

Erith

"I know that," she snapped, grimacing. Her hands clenched into fists, and her thoughts returned to her son, and how long she had already prolonged her search. But the strangers had a point.

"I know," Erith said, softer this time, "but he needs me, and I have to find him. You don't understand, I have to."

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness kenryuko kenryuko

"Maybe i don't understand but you're obviously getting in over your head with this search at the rate you're going. You need someone to watch your back. I'd offer but i have a tavern to run." He stated with a sigh and a nod to march and Katrina in thanks. "At least wait until lunch to leave? Get some supplies prepared for along trek and then-" he tavern proprietor cut himself off as his attention was drawn to the knocking on the door, "huh. Who could that be?" He muttered and made his way to the door. Opening the old wood with a creak, he gasped. "By the firsts!" He exclaimed as he saw the bloodied woman before him struggling to stand, she didn't need to utter a word before she was ushered in, "Erith, grab the Bandages from the story room you two clear the table." He looked between Katrina and Bowie. "And you help me get her up lad." he barked at the other patron of his establishment as he helped support the bleeding woman, a hand on her womd to help stem the bleeding some. "And someone get me a cloth!"

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet Seabourne Seabourne ChillyTiger ChillyTiger

Erith

Gabe crossed to open the door, exclaiming loudly at whoever was on the other side. Quick to act, he turned and snapped to her, and she followed his instructions immediately. Staff forgotten, she rushed to the store room, throwing the door open and pushing aside a basket to gather bandages and rags in her arms. Commotion still rang out from the common room, shouts and thumps breaking the calm quiet from just moments ago.

Erith came back into the common room. A woman was on one of the tabled, her face twisted in pain. She was pale and panting, trying to sit up despite the deep wounds in her abdomen. Eyes wild with panic and fear, she looked halfway feral.

"Lay back, it's okay." Erith put a hand against the womans shoulder, opposite to her wounded side. She gently pushed, guiding her back down to lay against the table. Dumping the rolls of bandages next to her, she took up one of the rags and rolled up the sleeves of her robes.

"You're still bleeding, I'm going to apply pressure. It's going to hurt, please bear with it," she said, meeting the woman's eyes. She spoke firmly, but remained steady. With careful hands, she pressed the rags against the wounds, moving Gabe's hands away with her forearms. To the room in general she continued, "She'll need more than some rags and bandages."

(( ChillyTiger ChillyTiger (yo my bad if this is medically awful, btw, dont wanna peeve ya) kenryuko kenryuko Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet ))

Everything seemed to shift so quickly; one moment the atmosphere was thick with the tension of Erith's dilemma, and the next everything seemed to be blurring by, slipping past their finger tips like the blood dripping from the stranger's open wounds. Katrina watched in surprise, shell shocked, before she heard her name being shouted. Her eyes darted between Gabe and the stranger before she quickly scrambled to clear the table. What had happened to this woman? Were those... bullet holes? Katrina found her hands trembling as she stood off to the side. She had never seen anything so horrifying before. The brunette looked to her brother who was helping the inn keeper lift the woman onto the table. He had a set look of concentration etched onto his smooth face. He always seemed to know exactly what to do in times like these. He always knew how to keep her safe and sheltered from these things.
"Kat," Her brother's voice silenced all her thoughts as her eyes tore away from the woman on the table. "Go do your job." While the statement on the surface sounded cold and emotionless, it actually instilled the female with a sense of purpose. She knew exactly what her brother meant. She was a botanist, so she had deep understanding of different properties of the many native plants. She gave a swift nod and sprinted out the door to find anything that might be useful.

March watched his sister exit the room, sighing in relief. She had never been around such things, and he intended on keeping it that way. If she found any herbs that would aid them, great, but if it was simply a way to get her out of the room, he was satisfied with that as well. His yellow eyes scanned over the frantic woman. She had been shot, either a number of times or once with a shotgun. His mouth remained pursed as he moved to hold down the woman's limbs, allowing Erith to work. He always hated seeing people writhe in such a manner, but it always seemed to happen. Everyone dies one way or another.
Seabourne Seabourne kenryuko kenryuko ChillyTiger ChillyTiger Comet Comet

"We need to get those bullets out first." Gabe commented to Erith as he noted Katrina, leaving March to restrain the woman, "does anyone have some thin claws, they would work alot better than one of us digging out fingers in." He questioned as he grabbed some of the strongest alchohols he had to disinfect. "Here. This'll sting... alot." He explained apologetically as he doused a cloth in the alchohol, and handed it to Erith to clean the wounds. "Bite on this." He put a clean rag to her mouth
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet ChillyTiger ChillyTiger Seabourne Seabourne

Erith

“My claws would be too short.” Erith set to cleaning the wound as she spoke. “There’s nothing I saw in the store room that we could use, either,” she huffed. She looked up to the boy who was helping hold the injured woman, hoping he would be able to assist in his shifted form.

((short post, but lets try and get this ball rolling again, if we're all ready and able! Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Comet Comet kenryuko kenryuko ChillyTiger ChillyTiger ))

March looked between the two females in the room, hoping one of them would be able to. Erith's response caused his stomach to sink. He let out a sigh before nodding. "Mine are thin enough." He stated curtly. His yellow eyes quickly held those of the others around him. "You'll have to take over holding her down." Once he was certain his position had been taken, the male stepped back. Deep breaths. In through the nose and out the mouth. With little effort, March shifted- snow white feathers ruffling out from his elongated limbs. The owl quickly flapped up onto the table, taking careful steps towards the panicked woman. There were several bullets lodged into her torso at varying depths. This was going to be painful to say the least.

Seabourne Seabourne Comet Comet kenryuko kenryuko ChillyTiger ChillyTiger

Gabe was quick to tkae March's place as avain shifted to pty to bullets. "Calm down, we're not trying to hurt ya. We just don't want you to move to much whilewe get them bullet out." He murmered to Adolpha, hoping the rage would be enough to keep fmher from biting down too hard and breaking her own teeth.
Comet Comet Seabourne Seabourne ChillyTiger ChillyTiger Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

(I’m a lil behind but I semi read up)

Bowie looked shocked at the bloody girl in front of her and didn’t know what to do. She stood there with the look of shock on her face as the others moved around like they knew what they were doing. She took a step back to stay out of the way and watched as they worked on the bloody girl. Something about bullet wounds? She watched as the group held the thrashing woman down and saw that it wasn’t going well. She walked over and tried to help, awkwardly moving up and grabbing the girls left arm. Hopefully she was enough strength. To act like she was listening, she said, “so uh.. who’s gonna pull it out. If I shift my claws are small enough and sharp enough to dig into wounds, but that’s only if y’all don’t have another idea.” She said, looking around at the others. She wanted to give them a idea but also didnt want them to think that they had to go with it, she just wanted to give options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back