• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Unknown Crisis IC (full)

Cathal Mckay

"Ya fuckin' jinxed us, Donny," Cathal complained, firing at the dogs that should, by all rights, be very dead. Apparently there were somethings lead couldn't stop. He mentally flipped through their armory's inventory.

"Does anybody have a good reason why we shouldn't feed them bombs?" he asked.

Kevin Starr

The dead one stayed dead. The others bled, and reinflated, and got up. The dead one stayed dead. Cathal had an idea that might work. Kevin looked at the scabrous wounds... His comms flipped on.
"ESF! They have sealant foam for blood, go for vitals or break the bones! Cathal, if you can toss it in, yes! No hand feeding, you'll lose the hands!"
Now, Kevin's theory about the sealant blood might not be medically or scientifically accurate. But it seemed right, at least tactically. A lot of spacesuits had a sort of foam layer sandwiched in between a few other layers. If that foam layer was pierced, the foam would expand and seal the hole after a few seconds. Not every suit had it, and it was a temporary measure, but all of Kevin's had that vital feature. It couldn't really stop him from bleeding if he got shot, but it would at least keep him from dying of asphyxiation right away. These things... They COULD stop bleeding.

In any case, Kevin didn't waste much time in holstering the stunlaser and picking up the nearest blunt object he could find. No, he did not pick up Miloj. Miloj is a blunt PERSON. The object Kevin picked up was a locker that he was trying to use as a club. He swung clumsily, and at least kept the bitey THINGS at bay. He couldn't land a killing blow, but maybe he'd give someone else time to line up a headshot. Surely, a shot to the brain could kill these monstrosities. The one died, probably because Miloj crushed its damn skull. These ones would... Unfortunately, not before one jumped high enough to dodge a swing and dig its diamond teeth into Alpha's head. He grabbed it and started pulling, but he couldn't pull it off. It would just keep. Slowly. Biting down. Increasing the pressure. Crushing the forward sensor module. Fuck.
"It's steady, shoot shoot shoot!"

Eppie Cross
Eppie is a scientist. She's got a doctorate in befriending people - aliens specifically. But the contract she has with NASA says that, in any mission with aliens, she is obligated to go, just in case she needs to put her Professional Friend™ skills to work to calm down aliens, like space bees. Even if the aliens are horrifying renditions of xenomorphs that are more interested in eating her insides than they are in sitting down and having a nice chat.

...Here's the thing about that. Eppie has about two hours of formal marksman experience. Those two hours consisted of Cathal trying to show her how to use a gun, then promptly giving up when he realized Eppie can't aim a gun for shit, then told Eppie in the weariest voice she's ever heard that in the case of combat, grab the closest security team member and hide behind them. The security team is familiar with the strategy, so when they feel Eppie hovering behind them, they've stopped reacting to her prescence by trying to shoot her.

As the aliens begin to attack, Eppie locates the nearest security member - her lord and saviour Cathal - and hops into his shadow, withdrawing her small side arm from it's holster, despite knowing she can only use it at point blank. She watches the action, staying behind Cathal with practiced ease. She watches with a mix of horror and utter fascination as the aliens re-inflate like fucking balloons, "I know this is terrifying but yo, Cathal, I wanna science the shit out of these aliens-"

Eppie shrieks as she hears a horrible cronch noise of an alien chewing through Kevkev's Alpha body. As she watches the alien chewing through the proxy of her Sunshine Child, Eppie is overcome with a feeling she is sure Cathal feels everytime she does something exceptionally stupid, except that Kev has never done anything wrong in her life.

So, without thinking, she runs to Kevin, and keeping in line with 'I can only shoot things if I am at point blank range', Eppie puts her gun right on the side of the alien's head and unloads round after round until the jaw unlocks and releases Kev's robot head. Then, promptly, she hops behind Kev's leg, "Light it up, Cathal!"

Cathal McKay​

Small bombs were not a standard part of NASA security's carry, but then, Cathal was hardly a standard NASA security agent anyway. The cherry bombs in his belt fit neatly in his fists, and Cathal scooted back, letting Finn and his massive .50 Alaskan cover him while Cathal swapped out his gun for the bombs.

"Everybody get out of the way!" Cathal yelled, hoping Alpha would be a good enough shield for Eppie, and that Mako had finished her rampage (and what, exactly, the fuck?) and would get out of the way.

He didn't think bombs on the outside were going to do much good, given how they'd shrugged off everything else. Bombs on the inside were a lot trickier, and he had to get closer than he wanted. But he did, close enough that when the dog Eppie had shot lunged for him with its jaws opened wide, all he had to do was lob two of the bombs in, underhand, like he was playing catch. And then he ducked and rolled, out of its way, and hoped he'd rolled far enough not to blow up too.

Eppie Cross​

As Cathal begins to sling out explosives at the aliens, Eppie ducks out further away from the line of fire - away from Alpha-Kev's leg and closer into Mako's cyclone of energetic violence. She pauses a half-second, her eyes flicking over the carnage of aliens with caved-in skulls, and finds Mako in the midst of it all, stomping in the head of her latest victim with single-minded, focused ferocity. Watching someone perform an action with as much violence as Mako shows to the aliens should be alarming and inspire fear, but Eppie's never been one to fall to fear. Her feet come to a stop, and for a moment, she only watches Mako, watching as the woman fights off the aliens that have crawled out from the woodwork of the mines.

As she watches Mako fights violently, sadistically, with a thrill Eppie doesn't understand, and she feels like there is something... not right. She can't put her finger on what it is that has made her pause, nor can she give words to what has pushed her to halt and observe, but she can count on one hand how many times her gut instinct has been wrong, and her gut instinct tells her there is something. Not something dangerous, but something to watch. Something she is missing. What is she missing? Oh, the questions are already spinning-

Eppie realizes, now, while aliens swarm around and are crushed or blown up by the combined efforts of the squad. Her feet lead her into a run, and she comes to Mako's side and into her protection in a moment, cautious of the very dead alien at their feet, as she flicks on her comm line, "We've got eighteen miners in the mines, and some of them might still be alive. Let's get out of here!" She turns to Mako, noticing only now the slashes made through the woman's sleeves. She catches Mako's wrist, taking it in a gentle grip as she steps close to inspect the slashes and check for wounds, "Oh, meow-ch, kitty. Are you hurt?"

The Void hounds with there vanta black spiny carapaces and neon blue teeth laid still. Their expanding spray insulation style blood lay poofed up into gooey mounds of the floor. With further inspection, three more bodies, lay in the garden dome still gory and full of meat, along side a tangle nest in the middle of which were three slick black orbs.
"Oh, fuck no," Donny said having almost stepped on it. He looked over at the others tagging the bodies for genetic id later. He called in the updates; the sealant blood, the diamond bit like teeth, but he left out the eggs.

Kevin Starr

Alpha’s head was thoroughly crushed, up front. The camera was broken. But, after a moment, a metallic tendril emerged from its chest, looked at the crushed head, and carefully coiled around Alpha’s neck.
“Thanks for the save... Uhh... Eppie? That was you, right? Primary vision is down but I have at least five feet of snake-Cam to work with... No sensors, of course.”
Came Kevin’s voice as he surveyed the carnage. Mako was honestly more terrifying than the monsters, but the bodies were still terrifying.

Speaking of terrifying bodies, the Garden had more. And... Eggs. Kevin knew it. And Donny specifically excluded them. That... Said something. Kevin called up Donny on his personal channel.
“If you have any plans for those eggs, tell me before mission control checks our chest cams. If you want me to smash, say the word... and make sure Eppie knows you’re the one who requested it. If you’re collecting, I’m telling MC.”
He knew Tina was listening, at least. Mission control could check that channel if they thought about it. But it’d take a moment for them to realize and in that time, Kevin could get rid of some freaky dangerous aliens. Or tell MC that Donny was going Weyland-Yutani.

Cathal McKay

"Oh, fuck," Cathal said, peering around Donny at the nest, still holding his gun ready. "Donny, are we keeping them? I'm a great mom. I'll raise them not to eat miners." Whatever they were doing with the eggs, he wanted to take care of it fast.

Donovan

Donny waggled his finger him making a smile that was mostly a grimace, "That's-" He said waggling at him more, "Is exactly what I knew you'd say."

Eppie Cross​

"No problem, Kevkev - gotta look out for my boy," Eppie smiles, but she looks away from Mako's arms when she hears Donny's voice in her helmet, eyes going to Donny's back as a curse echoes through the open comm line. Cathal's comment draws Eppie's immediate attention, and she gives Mako a firm look, "I'm not done with you, kitten. We're looking at those scratches."

Turning on her heel to head to the small gathering of the men on the team. She sees the horrifically disfigured bodies first, and adds them to her mental tally, but then, her eyes focus on the eggs in the tangled nest. She crouches down, inspecting the nest and the eggs themselves with a critical eye - she'd love to actually be able to take samples, or at the very least touch them, but even Eppie realizes that's not a smart plan at all.

Eppie puts her hands on her knees to push herself back into a standing position, "Well, if the eggs were so close, that would explain why there were so many aliens gathered around here, and why they immediately tried to kill us," She turns to face Donny, Cathal, and Kevin, arms crossed, "I don't know what's going on in all of your guys' heads, but I'll tell you what's going on in mine. These eggs are coming with us to be studied. No 'ands, ifs, or buts' about it. I'm looking at you, Kevin. I don't want to hear it."

Without delay, she connects herself to mission control, "Goody, we've found a nest of eggs. I need a containment chamber for the eggs and additional safety equipment to be sent down so we can safely extract them from the nest and bring them on board. They need to be studied."

There was a half laugh over the com and Goody waved at her from where he was scanning the corpses.

Chaya clicked over mission control, "Copy, if the settlement is secure we'll send down the secondary team once your on the other side of the mine's airlock."

Goody came over to nudge the nest with his toe and Donny elbowed him. [we're going to have so many dogs] he signed at the security team.

Eppie Cross
She hears a laugh, and upon looking over her shoulder, she finds Goody scanning corpses and waving at her. She puts a hand to her helmet, then makes the sign for 'sorry', "Oh, for fuck's sakes - sorry, Goody. My dumb ass forgot you came this time," To Chaya's reply, she huffs, "Well, it's as secure as it can be. Should be fine."

Goody comes over, and when he nudges the nest with his foot, Eppie nudges his feet back with her leg, "Don't touch them, Goody. We don't know if they're fragile, or prone to exploding. You never know."

Kevin Starr

Kevin wanted to be angry. He was maybe just a little angry. But... God damn it, Eppie. Kevin couldn't even be sure they had sufficient containment to hold onto beings with literal diamond teeth. Their best, strongest cells might do it for a brief period, but if these things had teeth that could tear through steel, he couldn't count on those lasting for much longer than a few days post-hatching. And of course Eppie insisted, and Chaya agreed to a pickup and Kevin really, REALLY didn't want to play as Ripley right now. Fuck.

"Actually hold on, Chaya. we have swept the facility, but I'd rather wait until we can get in a second sweep and check the mine entrances just in case. As for the eggs... Proper containment procedures. Our strongest cells. No direct contact, drones only. And most of all, this should be a temporary arrangement... Is that okay? If you need convincing, we can all watch Alien. I... I don't want these things getting loose, and we're not really equipped to contain something that can bite through industrial steel, not for long."

Eppie Cross​

If Kevin's alpha body had a face, she is positive he would be frowning or scowling at Eppie, or potentially looking into the camera like he was on the office. But he's not arguing with her, not really, and while he is typically the scaredy cat of the group, she's seen Kevin blow up on the topic of safety and security of the group rather spectacularly, and would rather not have to get into a spat with him about it.

Eppie lets some of the tension that has built in her shoulders in preparation to stand her ground on the topic bleed away, and looks up at the towering robot to listen to Kevin's conditions. She nods, knowing that conceding to them rather than fighting them would decrease Kevin's blood pressure ever so slightly, "Acceptable terms. I only want to keep them long enough to drop them off at a NASA facility better equipped to contain and examine them. Our ship is pretty damn good, but it doesn't have all the equipment we're probably going to need."

"I have ideas for containment," Dr Finch said over the comm like he found this all dreadfully amusing. Which he did. "Don't worry your pretty heads down there."
"That's my job, Kevin, I'm all over it," Chaya said dryly, "Now focus on not getting your idiot asses cromched, you got it?"

"You heard her your majesty," Donny said and waved them all back towards the mine air lock, "Lets go spelunking."

When they had all gathered in the mine air lock it took a couple of minutes for Goody to jury rig the broken controls, but the atmo drained out and the gravity went micro- not 0g, just light enough to make transitions from the vertical shafts 0g to horizontal full gravity easier with heavy loads.

"Alright this is a called a Bae," Goody said with his artificial customer service voice, "Because when your in a mine, no one has you back like it." He was holding a line that could clip to the belt and then attached to a single rail that ran the length of the explored caverns below. "You clip in and it can tow you- or you can activate your mag boots and the walk rail. A free fall style tow is faster- but walking the line, horizontal like puts people more at home."

Donny shrugged. and looked at security. He'd rather not fight alien diamond toothed dogs in single file but he'd also rather not fight them in wiggly legged 0-g attached only by a single tether in the dark while diamond tooth alien dogs tried to eat him.

"Alright, Goody, hook me up, man," Cathal said, because there was no way he was letting anybody else go first. "Miloj, Finn, you guys come next. Cris, you're at the end." She scowled, but she was the best shot, so Cathal felt comfortable making her be farthest away from anything lurking below them. "Let's go find some more doggies."

Eppie Cross
Eppie hears Goody mention zero gravity, and that's enough to have her opening her mouth to say 'uh, I think the fuck not,' until she also hears about the tether, and then thinks 'I'm probably gonna miss out on the cool part of this mission, or at meeting one of these cronchy boys that is actually capable of communication'. Through her comms, Eppie makes a prolonged groaning noise, that's half sighing and half yelling, and then walks up behind Cathal and gets in line, pistol in hand.

With a gravity of someone who is walking to her death, Eppie leans into Cathal and wraps her arms around his waist like a useless koala bear as emotional preparation for 0g, "Cathal, I'm gonna fucking die, but it's okay. I've accepted it. You get to keep all my cool shit after I get cronched."

"You are not allowed to die," Cathal told her firmly, squeezing her hands. "My job description is literally about preventing that." He turned to look at her as best as he could over his shoulder with his suit on, still holding her hands. "You don't have to go if you don't want to," he said, softer. "I can bring you back a nice rock." He'd read her files, and knew how she felt about 0g and space walks, but also knew who Eppie was, and that she would never. Still, he had to try.

Donny was quietly thankful that it was open spaces and not zero g that got to him. The mines he'd worked in had employed micro gravity and gravity nodes- so the mine shaft was not like the ones he had grown up with. But it did not put the fear in him like an open star filled sky on a gravity filled planet. he mulled over the ven diagram and he and Eppie's fears.

The shaft ran for a good two miles into the heart of the meteor and junk from the station venting floated soundlessly as they descended. they tag and scan bodies one at a time- many of them cracked open and devoured like a soft shell crab. At the bottom is the boring machine. there are no more creatures and seven people still accounted for.

"Bring it on home kids," Chaya said. the secondary science team had deployed while they were below and the eggs were in containment- which looked mostly like a big square lead box.

"you guys take me to the best places," Goody told the crew out loud as they loaded up to the shuttle and headed back.

Eppie Cross
Without the ability to focus on the aliens threatening them at any turn, or forcing herself to think of the survivors waiting for them, Eppie starts to lose her composure. By the time they return to the mouth of mine, a single file line of personnel who found only corpses torn to shreds, Eppie has begun to cave in on herself.

Breathing is one of the most important things to focus on when having a panic attack, Dr. Cross, she remembers the therapist telling her, back when Eppie had the worst of her attacks. Is this a panic attack? Her stomach is tied tight and flipped over but at the same time feels as if it is being sawed open, and each breath she drags feels like her lungs are collapsing in on themselves, like her entire chest is just caving to the pressure of it -

She closes her eyes tight, sets her jaw. One breath in. Hold it for five seconds - even if it makes her mind think she's suffocating - but she's not, she's okay, she's out - then exhale five seconds. In for three, held for five, out for eight. In for three, held for five, out for eight. In for three. She opens her eyes, and she heads to the shuttle because everyone else seems to, following faces she doesn't really see, hearing voices she doesn't register. Held for five. She climbs into the shuttle but she - stumbles, but she doesn't know she's fallen until she's on her hands and knees on the floor of the shuttle, her breath faltering and rasping out of her throat. If someone has asked her if she's okay, if she needs help, she doesn't hear it through the ringing in her ears, swallowed whole by the void of space her mind can't leave behind.

"I'm fine," She says to no one in particular, but as she pulls herself into her seat, she can't really think of time since the incident she's ever been less fine.

Her helmet is too small - far too small, and the buzz of voices in the comms too much and too but too little and too distant. There is a light flashing and an accompanying beeping in the side of the display of her helmet reading her heart rate is far too high - one hundred and ten beats per minute, and feels like a humming bird is beating within her chest, but hard, bordering painful. Her shaking fingers work the pressure seals at the back of her helmet, once, twice, again and again until they release with a hiss of oxygen, which is too familiar, so damning, until she pulls the helmet off, teal hair tumbling out in a curled mess of colour.

She drags in a sharp breath of air, unfiltered by her helmet, but it catches hard enough in her throat that she chokes, coughs hard. She tries to breathe, inhale, but her lungs seize hard, painfully, and she forces an exhale of oxygen she doesn't have, and tries to bring another inhale of air, but it's staggering, short, and sounds like gravel. She can feel tears spill over her cheeks before she can feel them well up, and wipes them quickly with shaking hands.

"Donny," She calls - or tries to, it's a choked whisper barely audible to herself, and she reaches her hand out to her friend, but more importantly to her right now, the only one of the team trained for a meltdown, "Donny, Donny, I-I need my medication, I didn't put any - I didn't... I forgot to put it in my... My exosuit. It's not - It's not there."

Donny
Donny was already kneeling next to her, on her right, was already getting a dermal patch out of the med kit. The wrapper wrinkled loudly and the dermal hit the side of her neck with a soft fwip.

“You're alright- Eppie you're okay,” He said sitting next to her. He scooped both her hands up with his- panic attacks always felt much worse than they were and were never quiet as apparent from the outside as they felt. He was mostly relieved that she was answering him now. “Everything is fine. Your safe- breathe. Can you breath with me?”

The shuttle shuddered gently as they took off. He talked her through breathing as her sos drug kicked in. It had been a long day for everyone- finding nothing but bodies. When the mission debrief was filled there was no mention of any medical events.

“Once you're in the shuttle home,” Donny told her later, “It doesn't count.”

The mines of Ferav9V debriefing​

• After all was said and done the creatures were designated Xeno Canis Inanis and their eggs and xeno-cadavers sent to a NASA deep space research facility for further study. The mining operation and settlement was quarantined by the federation but Ferav9V is so remote that it is more likely the failed venture will be salvaged by other frontiers men in time.

Last edited:
Kevin Starr
Kevin was finished. He'd spent a few hours going back and forth with Tom's notes and his thoughts before he had it. If those damn dogs couldn't open their mouths to near 180 degree angles, he could've just recommended a spherical containment cell made of the tough stuff, but NO. They could. And it made sense, because they mostly used those damn teeth to DIG THROUGH STONE. And NASA didn't want to use hard light because of how much damn power that took to run, and how hard it would be to have a primary source big enough to run it, AND an emergency generator that was about the same strength. So, Kevkev's best idea, unfortunately, was to have a mined-out asteroid transported to a safe zone, ensure it was cleared, then use a weak repulsion field to keep the dogs from leaving and force a sort of low gravity on them. Not much else changed, though. No human contact, drones only. Though he did look over the 'playbook' the other security agents came up with and rolled his eyes as he suggested stun nets, explosive rounds, and plasma blades to be carried by security (Which would also be composed of drones, if NASA could do it) at all times. He also recommended having the containment facility (Really just a facility to maintain the repulsion field and drones) to be kept separate from any human researchers or interference, with a separate facility for researchers connected, but easily detachable in case of emergency. One look over it. Two. A deep breath, a drink break, and review three. He pressed send, and let out a sigh as he leaned back.

"Okay... They oughta be able to do that on a budget... Okay... Fra Diavolo sounds good."

And thus, Kevkev set to cooking. Shrimp in a pan, and pasta boiling. Crushed tomatoes and lots of red pepper flake. Garlic butter on slices of Baguette, toasting in the oven. Anyone in the adjacent rooms could probably smell it through the vents. But it was his lunch. And his dinner. He needed some comfort after the dogs ate his... Alpha's face. It was still hard to get over that part of Kinesthetic projection. It was hard to forget you weren't the machine. Implants like his weren't actually as common as the rest of the tech he used, and it was messing with him. As he thought about that encounter, and looked at his beautiful Fra Diavolo, he felt... Phantom pain. His head hadn't even been touched. But he felt the teeth in Alpha's skull, even though none of his bodies were designed to perceive pain, or even anything more than roughly how much pressure his limbs and fingers were exerting. He wasn't damaged. But he'd have to talk with Donny. He'd experienced this before, but he thought he was past it... Maybe not. The pasta was delicious... But as he looked at it, some terrified part of his brain wondered if that's what it would look like after the dogs would've chewed through it. Yeah, the SECOND he was done, he was suiting up for a talk with Donny.

Cathal McKay
Intermission​

It was almost too easy to get Philip out of his shower and properly set up. A friend of his friend Ronan had a tank they just wanted to dump, and nobody else was around when he snuck it on the ship. He set it up in his room somewhere he could hide it if he had to. He didn't even have to do anything illegal, though he suspected that if he'd pressed the original owner, they'd probably stolen the tank. But that wasn't his problem.

Now he just had to make sure Chaya didn't find out.

But that was a worry for another time, and now that Philip had a real home, Cathal decided to teach her tricks. First, and most important, he wanted to teach her to come when he called her. He had those little salty fish that came in cans, which was not the best kind of snack for her, but which she loved and came swimming across the tank or sliding across the floor for every time.

"You're such a good girl Philip," he told her, patting her while she ate one of the sardines in his lap. "You're so smart and I'm so proud of you."

Eppie Cross
Intermission

Following Eppie’s public panic attack on Ferav9V, Eppie became something of a cryptid.

Though no one could really say they’d spoken to her or actually directly interacted with her, there were sightings. In the mess hall by some crewmen, grabbing some food before retreating back towards the cabins with enough haste to give Kevin a good run for his money; in the crew lounge with her computer for the superior connection to extranet when needed (though she would gather her things and flee if she was approached); or wandering the halls of the ship as aimlessly as a phantom during the night shift.

Otherwise, Eppie could be found in her quarters, bundled in blankets with a lamp on her a tablet in her lap. She remained her cheerful, carefree self through social media, becoming a meme through a rather iconic twitter reply, but any messages from her teammates went pointedly unanswered.

Until she receives a snapchat from Goody. Eppie pauses in her scrolling through a comic she had downloaded onto her tablet to open the image, and finds a selfie of her favourite boy, captioned simply but cryptically with “Brave enough for a ceilling picnic?”, followed by a number code for the room he was in.

Which… Doesn’t make sense.

She looks at the image for a long moment, since it appears that Goody is laying down. It is as she looks in the background that the meaning of it dawns on her, spotting the aforementioned picnic floating in the air, unhindered by gravity. Her mouth goes dry as she remembers the room Goody is currently floating in is one of the 0g rooms in the ship.

Tapping the screen to dismiss the image, Eppie looks at the history page of snapchat for a long moment with a blank expression, her heart simultaneously dropping to her stomach but also crawling up her throat. She considers it hard - the raw panic in her body yelling no, but her inability to turn down even an indirect challenge screaming yes - but it is her stomach that decides it in the end, growling at the topic of food.

Sighing, she taps Goody’s contact to send him a nondescript picture of the floor, be there in five.

She flips the blankets off her body, pulling on a sweater over her tank top and sweatpants. Maybe pajamas aren’t really the best choice of clothing to try and pretend she’s totally alright, but she has a feeling that Goody set this up in the first place because he knows how not okay she is in the aftermath of the mines. She does brush her teeth and pull her as much of her hair as she can into a messy bun on top of her head, just to at least not make Goody more concerned for her wellbeing.

She makes her way through the ship, keeping her breathing even and trying to do her best to ignore the fact she is intentionally heading towards a 0g environment. She considers no less than three times returning to her cabin and messaging Goody that she can’t do it. He would forgive her. He is a good boy, he wouldn’t hold it against her or call Donny on her. Would he?

And then she’s in front of the airlock leading into the chamber. She takes a deep breath, ignores how much it shakes. Closing her eyes tightly, Eppie puts her head to the cold metal of the door, letting it ground her. Relax, Eppie, she thinks, Goody wouldn’t let you do anything that would kill you or put you in any sort of danger. You’ll be okay.

It’s a little odd, but it actually makes her heart slow a bit, her breathing coming a little easier. She activates the panel opening the door, and steps into the threshold, and lets zero gravity take her.

For a moment, her heart stops, and she thinks, this is it, I’m going to lose my composure, but then she’s looks up and sees Goody floating around as calm as can be. She inhales deeply, then exhales slowly, trying to let the tension bleed from her body as she does so, trying to resemble Goody’s relaxation.

She goes for casual, even though she is very slowly floating towards the ceiling like a balloon, “Nice spot for a picnic.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back